Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Most of the research on this stuff is in endurance athletes, but generally 60g per hour is recommended for glucose/dextrose due to absorption issues. Using multiple sources tends to allow for greater absorption if one wants to go above that though (although most of that research isn't really with all the "fancy" stuff sold from what I have seen). So it would make sense it could sit heavy if you only used one source.
Yeah, 60g dextrose would be a lot for some people. I probably wouldn’t do more than half that myself, knowing how I respond. But I have had some success layering a little on top when I wanted more carbs, like maybe 20g.

The other thing I was thinking about, with regards to “feel”, was water in the gut being a big variable that the tab form will not add to. The tabs are dry, while the dextrose powder will inevitably be mixed with fluid.

Something I’ve heard Nathan Payton try to impress more than once, in person and in interviews, is that you definitely don’t want a belly too full of fluid, bloated and sloshing. So he is a big fan of solid fast digesting things like the Rice Krispies, or dextrose candy like Nerds Rope, or some oranges & honey when fructose is desired. With rice or real food earlier on prior to training if possible.

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Most of the research on this stuff is in endurance athletes, but generally 60g per hour is recommended for glucose/dextrose due to absorption issues. Using multiple sources tends to allow for greater absorption if one wants to go above that though (although most of that research isn't really with all the "fancy" stuff sold from what I have seen). So it would make sense it could sit heavy if you only used one source.

Yeah, 60g dextrose would be a lot for some people. I probably wouldn’t do more than half that myself, knowing how I respond. But I have had some success layering a little on top when I wanted more carbs, like maybe 20g.

The other thing I was thinking about, with regards to “feel”, was water in the gut being a big variable that the tab form will not add to. The tabs are dry, while the dextrose powder will inevitably be mixed with fluid.

Something I’ve heard Nathan Payton try to impress more than once, in person and in interviews, is that you definitely don’t want a belly too full of fluid, bloated and sloshing. So he is a big fan of solid fast digesting things like the Rice Krispies, or dextrose candy like Nerds Rope, or some oranges & honey when fructose is desired. With rice or real food earlier on prior to training if possible.
Adding fructose on top is supposed to allow one to go beyond digestion limits by 20-30%. Honey would be a great addition if that is true.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Adding fructose on top is supposed to allow one to go beyond digestion limits by 20-30%. Honey would be a great addition if that is true.

Ya I think it is important to keep in mind most of this comes from endurance research and for activities beyond an hour, so playing around and finding what works for more strength and hypertrophy oriented training may be needed. The amounts of carbohydrate hard endurance training athletes need probably doesn't correlate perfectly to most other people's training use cases.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Definitely squatting much wider than what is optimal for my natural mechanics. Im trying to develop a squat that doesn’t require much ankle flexion as my right ankle is impaired.

Honestly, I could have squatted yesterday but at an increased risk of injury. In the past I’ve cooked the right adductor the week before flaring up my back and that’s how I felt yesterday. Not stressed about missing one week of progression at my current level.
First, I can't believe I am just seeing this. I thought you were just getting on the board sporadically and not updating your old log. Very happy to hear you are okay after what you went through.

Also just a question, but do you use Oly Squatting shoes? If not they might help a bit with getting depth without hurting that ankle as much. Definitely be worth a shot if you are not already using them. Also, I just recently started belt squats and am really enjoying them. They beat my quads the hell up!

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Tuesday 23rd Jan W6D1

Food yesterday: 3200cal 189p 454c 72f
Had trouble eating yesterday due to extremely hot weather. It was 42c where I was working.
BW 112kg this morning. Full of juice and ready for use!!!

At the Cartel today:

Lat pull down - worked up to ‘95’ (bit more than weight to balance my bodyweight thus requiring momentum to get into the seat) for 5x6

Incline Bench press: worked up to 70kgx5, 80kgx5, 90kg 3x5 - there’s no way I could have done an extra rep on any of these last 3 sets but each one was performed with better technique and control - 60kgx14 - last rep almost stalled

BW pull up wide grip 3x8 fukking farted middle set causing the lady on the cable machine behind me to abandon her set.

Bench assisted rear delt flyes, slow and limited ROM (up and down at about 30sec from parallel with body) 7.5kgx14,7.5kg + light tube x14 (this is way too easy even with top pauses) 10kg x16, 10kg+ tube x 16, 10kg+6.5kg band x15,11 + 4 no band - total failure here couldn’t even swing my arms for a good 5sec.

High to low cable chest flyes 3rd plate, slow & focused with emphasis on static shoulder position, 4th plate:3rd plate drop sets for 10:6, 8:6, 7:6, 6:8, 5:10

low to high cable chest flyes 3rd plate for 12,10,8,6,5 - gassed out hard here

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
First, I can't believe I am just seeing this. I thought you were just getting on the board sporadically and not updating your old log. Very happy to hear you are okay after what you went through.

Also just a question, but do you use Oly Squatting shoes? If not they might help a bit with getting depth without hurting that ankle as much. Definitely be worth a shot if you are not already using them. Also, I just recently started belt squats and am really enjoying them. They beat my quads the hell up!
Welcome aboard MrKleen! Don’t know what happened to my old log, but it disappeared for me so just decided to start afresh figuring I’d be doing things differently post heart failure.

I have squat shoes but I’ve been doing everything in my Vibram five finger barefoot shoes as it has really helped me get back in touch with my toes and plantar. One day I will wear proper shoes again though.

Noticed you have been doing some belt squats! One of the reasons I decided to try for myself.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Welcome aboard MrKleen! Don’t know what happened to my old log, but it disappeared for me so just decided to start afresh figuring I’d be doing things differently post heart failure.

I have squat shoes but I’ve been doing everything in my Vibram five finger barefoot shoes as it has really helped me get back in touch with my toes and plantar. One day I will wear proper shoes again though.

Noticed you have been doing some belt squats! One of the reasons I decided to try for myself.
Ah that makes sense. Yeah, I have really been impressed with how well they hit my legs.

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Wed 24th Jan Unplanned Rest Day

Food yesterday: 3208 222p 435c 60f
BW 109.8kg

Tweaked my left glute yesterday at work which troubled me enough to affect my sleep last night. Made the call at 3am to forgo leg day this morning and slept til 5. Took a hot Epsom salt bath and feel a little better now as I’m heading to site.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Tuesday 23rd Jan W6D1

Food yesterday: 3200cal 189p 454c 72f
Had trouble eating yesterday due to extremely hot weather. It was 42c where I was working.
BW 112kg this morning. Full of juice and ready for use!!!

At the Cartel today:

Lat pull down - worked up to ‘95’ (bit more than weight to balance my bodyweight thus requiring momentum to get into the seat) for 5x6

Incline Bench press: worked up to 70kgx5, 80kgx5, 90kg 3x5 - there’s no way I could have done an extra rep on any of these last 3 sets but each one was performed with better technique and control - 60kgx14 - last rep almost stalled

BW pull up wide grip 3x8 fukking farted middle set causing the lady on the cable machine behind me to abandon her set.

Bench assisted rear delt flyes, slow and limited ROM (up and down at about 30sec from parallel with body) 7.5kgx14,7.5kg + light tube x14 (this is way too easy even with top pauses) 10kg x16, 10kg+ tube x 16, 10kg+6.5kg band x15,11 + 4 no band - total failure here couldn’t even swing my arms for a good 5sec.

High to low cable chest flyes 3rd plate, slow & focused with emphasis on static shoulder position, 4th plate:3rd plate drop sets for 10:6, 8:6, 7:6, 6:8, 5:10

low to high cable chest flyes 3rd plate for 12,10,8,6,5 - gassed out hard here
Suspended farts are best!

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
If not they might help a bit with getting depth without hurting that ankle as much. Definitely be worth a shot if you are not already using them
good point.. even though I only recently got back into squatting in flats, from time to time I can see that left ankle mobility is not 100% there since I broke it and am reminded of why I squatted with heels for so long.

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Thursday 25th Jan W6D3

Food yesterday:3261cal 219p 508c 43f

Back still sore left side so I decided against legs today - will make up on the weekend when I have the luxury of not working afterward.

Hit back instead, at The Cartel:

BB Row: worked up to 100kgx5, 110kgx5, 120kg x1 (found myself choking a brown turtle head upon completion of this rep, 5min interlude to free the turtle), 120kgx5, 5,5 no straps - going to keep using this wright until reps go up with no straps. This did my sore back no good.

BW chin-up 5x5 - slow, controlled, full stretch to full contraction. Think it’s my QL.

Seated DB OHP worked up to 25kgx8, 30kg 3x5 - left side struggled with these really need to smash my left pec out with the massage gun

Chest supported Db side lateral raise 7.5kg 5x10

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
good point.. even though I only recently got back into squatting in flats, from time to time I can see that left ankle mobility is not 100% there since I broke it and am reminded of why I squatted with heels for so long.
That and they actually put you in a better position for quad stimulation and make pushing through the whole foot a lot easier.
Thursday 25th Jan W6D3

Food yesterday:3261cal 219p 508c 43f

Back still sore left side so I decided against legs today - will make up on the weekend when I have the luxury of not working afterward.

Hit back instead, at The Cartel:

BB Row: worked up to 100kgx5, 110kgx5, 120kg x1 (found myself choking a brown turtle head upon completion of this rep, 5min interlude to free the turtle), 120kgx5, 5,5 no straps - going to keep using this wright until reps go up with no straps. This did my sore back no good.

BW chin-up 5x5 - slow, controlled, full stretch to full contraction. Think it’s my QL.

Seated DB OHP worked up to 25kgx8, 30kg 3x5 - left side struggled with these really need to smash my left pec out with the massage gun

Chest supported Db side lateral raise 7.5kg 5x10
My QL is what is causing me some issues in my lower back right now.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
BB Rows are one of the hardest things on my low back, holding that static brace for an entire set with no relief from the angle/position at any point, the way you can safely change air on reps of deadlifts or squats.

You gotta lot of balls going after them with a sore back and no chest support! 🤠

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Friday 26th Jan W6 D4

Food yesterday: 3846cal 252p 484c 109f

At the Cartel today:

Rev Zot Curl: 15kgx10, 20kgx6, 25kg:17.5kg drop set for 4:2, 22.5kg 3x5

Single arm overhead tri extension: light sabre piece - hold handle at beginning of grip (1.5” from the pivot) and set up so cable moves along same angle - 3rd plate for 5x8 each side.

bb strict curl 40kg (preset bb) 6,6,5,5 40:25 drop set 5:8

Single arm cable light sabre push down 10x10, 15x7, drop sets 15:10:5 for 7:6:10 x 3 sets

BB overhand grip curl 25kg for 8,8,8,7,7

Cable bar bush down drop sets 45:25:15 for 10:10:15, 10:10:15, 10:10:15, 8:10:20, 8:10:20 best tricep pump I’ve ever had- bulging tendons all the way to the rlbow

Close grip benchpress 60kg 3x15 shaky reps

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
BB Rows are one of the hardest things on my low back, holding that static brace for an entire set with no relief from the angle/position at any point, the way you can safely change air on reps of deadlifts or squats.

You gotta lot of balls going after them with a sore back and no chest support! 🤠
Honestly my back is not that bad - just a tightness that becomes an ache with use. I just didn’t want tight quads on top of it, or push it over the edge with GM sets of 20. I think I’m going to attempt my leg day tomorrow!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Good luck with the leg session!

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Saturday 27th Jan W6D2

Food yesterday: 3964cal 224p 434c 146f

Leg day at the Cartel:

Felt stiff and sore upon rising this morning, but worked through it all with stretches, hip mobility routine, kb squats and finally an 18kg KB handle first to the groin which got rid of a “notch” I felt through the kb squats.

Skwaats: 60kgx15; 100kgx10; 130kgx10 (surprised by how comfortable this felt!) belt & sleeves: 150kgx5; 130kgx8

GM: 70kg 3x20 - not really to failure but by God it had to be close on the last set. Will try 75kg next week.

Standing calf raise hack/viking press 60kg 15,15,18

Belt squat 120kg x10,10,16

BW “Knees Over Toes Guy” squats 3x6
Lying hammie curl machine ‘45’ x10, 10 (+ 4x.5reps), ‘35’ x16

I’m stoked with this session!

Last edited:
Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Saturday 27th Jan W6D2

Food yesterday: 3964cal 224p 434c 146f

Leg day at the Cartel:

Felt stiff and sore upon rising this morning, but worked through it all with stretches, hip mobility routine, kb squats and finally an 18kg KB handle first to the groin which got rid of a “notch” I felt through the kb squats.

Skwaats: 60kgx15; 100kgx10; 130kgx10 (surprised by how comfortable this felt!) belt & sleeves: 150kgx5; 130kgx8

GM: 70kg 3x20 - not really to failure but by God it had to be close on the last set. Will try 75kg next week.

Standing calf raise hack/viking press 60kg 15,15,18

Belt squat 120kg x10,10,16

Lying hammie curl machine ‘45’ x10, 10 (+ 4x.5reps), ‘35’ x16

I’m stoked with this session!
Great to have a great day in the gym!

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Afternoon cardio: Did 10 laps freestyle 2min splits then 4 laps just kicking. Got me over 120bpm for 34min in total. Haven’t done a lot of cardio this week, will try and get back to the pool tomorrow!

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Sunday 28th Jan W6D5

Food yesterday: 4000cal 216p 495c 116f. Went to a burger joint for lunch with my family which blew my macros to hell. Too much fat quickly blows out the calories. Going to really focus on hitting 3400cal next week with 500g carbs and 230g protein.

BW 112kg, skins 20mm ab, 6mm chest, 10mm thigh

At my local Anytime:

Warmed up with shoulder rotations, lat pull down and some plate shrugs.

Cable Lat pull-down '45' for 3x8

Incline benchpress (45deg) 60kgx12; 70kg for 8,8,8,10

Bent over posterior delt raise 12.5kg dumbells 3 x10`

Chest supported side lateral delt raise drop sets 7.5kg:5kg for 10:8; 10:8; 10:8 - Im ready to bump the weight up here.

BW pull up 5x5

Cardio:

40min treadmill with 4 x 2min intervals @12km/hr. Pretty happy with how easily i recovered from these considering the lack of cardio last week!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Killing it in here!!!

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Tuesday 30th January W7D1

Sunday food: 2347cal 164p 348c 34f - felt in-hungry all day despite bushwalking and swimming in the afternoon. Just couldn’t eat.

Monday food: 3255cal 216p 442c 60f

At the Cartel today:

Incline Bench press: worked up to 80kgx5, 90kg x5, 95kg 3x5 - found new strength here today with each set performed with greater ease than the last - 60kgx14 - last rep almost stalled

BW pull up wide grip 3x8

Bench assisted rear delt flyes, slow and limited ROM (up and down at about 30deg from parallel with body) 10kgx16; 10kg+6.5kg band x 12(+2x.5), 14, 14,14(+2x.5) - this exercise with band added is next level shoulder destruction. After the second last set my HR took ages to come down and even the tiniest arm movements would bounce it back up in the first 90sec.

High to low cable chest flyes slow & focused with emphasis on static shoulder position, 4th plate for 10,10, 10, 9, 8

BW China 3x5

low to high cable chest flyes 4th plate for 10, 9, 8,8, 7.5 - perfect finish

Cardio: 10min jog (legs still pretty fatigued from Sunday cardio!!!) 5min stair master (this sucked) 15min x-trainer. I feel like second wind takes a lot longer to kick in with low fat diet.

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Wed 31st Jan W7D3

For yesterday: 3670cal 220p 485c 92f

BB Row: worked up to 100kgx5, 110kgx5, 120kg x5 - limited by grip here - with straps: 140kgx5, 4.5; 130kg x5

BW wide grip pull up 3x5 - slow, controlled, full stretch to full contraction; 2x8 normal tempo. Back feels good today.

BB strict OHP worked up to: 60kgx5; 70kgx5; 75kgx5; 60kgx8. These felt great! I feel like my ‘weak spot’ is ironing out with the incline BP work.

Chest supported Db side lateral raise 7.5kgx10; 10kg:7.5kg drop sets 10:5; 8:5; 6:3 - hit the wall really hard at this point and literally had a hypoglycaemic episode with cold sweats, dizziness and blurry vision. Skulled an extra 3 serves of staminade (65g glucose) but still took 45min to recover. 4hrs later I’m still not feeling great.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Wed 31st Jan W7D3

For yesterday: 3670cal 220p 485c 92f

BB Row: worked up to 100kgx5, 110kgx5, 120kg x5 - limited by grip here - with straps: 140kgx5, 4.5; 130kg x5

BW wide grip pull up 3x5 - slow, controlled, full stretch to full contraction; 2x8 normal tempo. Back feels good today.

BB strict OHP worked up to: 60kgx5; 70kgx5; 75kgx5; 60kgx8. These felt great! I feel like my ‘weak spot’ is ironing out with the incline BP work.

Chest supported Db side lateral raise 7.5kgx10; 10kg:7.5kg drop sets 10:5; 8:5; 6:3 - hit the wall really hard at this point and literally had a hypoglycaemic episode with cold sweats, dizziness and blurry vision. Skulled an extra 3 serves of staminade (65g glucose) but still took 45min to recover. 4hrs later I’m still not feeling great.
Hope you are back to normal now Benny

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Thursday 1st Feb

Food yesterday: 4061cal 255p 583c 79f

Feeling good so far today. Went to GP last night for a cardiac check (ECG) and it looks good. Just a low blood sugar issue - I can work around that.

At the Cartel today:

Rev Zot Curl: 15kgx10, 22.5kg 3x6, 2x5

Single arm overhead tri extension: light sabre piece - hold handle at beginning of grip (1.5” from the pivot) and set up so cable moves along same angle - 4th plate for 10,10,10,8,8 - surprised by my strength with these considering 3x8 with 3rd plate left me feeling battered last week!

Db strict curl 22.5kgx5; 22.5:15kg drop sets for 5:5, 5:5,

Single arm cable light sabre push down drop sets 12.5:7.5 for 8:6, 8:6, 8:8, 8:6

BB overhand grip curl 25kg for 10; 30kg for 8,8,8,7

Cable bar bush down drop sets 45:30:15 for 10:10:16; 8.5:10:16; 8:10:16; 9:10:16; 8.5:10:12

20min jog

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Saturday 3rd feb

Thurs food: 3295cal 265p 349c 94f

Fri food: 3166cal 226p 454c 51f

At the Cartel today:

Skwaaaats: 110kgx5; 140kgx5; 160kgx5 - good control but definitely challenging - 140kgx5

GM: 80kg x20 (oh hello old friend, Pit of Despair); 80:60kg drop set 20:10 (god I hope that puddle below my head is sweat and not drool) 20:10 (the heavy set felt easy but back pumps so severe on the light set I could feel my hamstrings sliding up over my pelvis and twas a strange sensation). I can’t help but quietly laugh with joy at this point.

BW pull up 12,8,8

Standing calf press 80kgx20; 100kgx16,15,14,13.5

Leg press 160kgx20; 200kgx20; 240kgx18

Lying leg curl 45:30 drop sets for 10:8; 10:6; 7:8

Epic session, can hardly think now.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Just the oly bar man.

We have a SSB here and I’ve been thinking about using that next macro cycle.

Im loving pushing myself towards failure with higher rep sets. Today was a spiritual experience!
SSB is the only way to do GMs once you have tried them. Never have to worry about the bar rolling or falling, and you get a better stimulus from whatever weight you use with the worse leverage. Win/win for volume work.

For squatting, it’s a harder bar, but it teaches you how to hold your position better and does strengthen the back, quads, & abs more than a barbell from forcing you to stay more upright.

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Sunday 4th Feb

Food yesterday: 3400cal 223p 525c 51f

Woke up at 3.30am feeling sore and tired. Had a hot bath with magnesium chloride and jumped back into bed. Good day for a rest day.

Spent the day with my favourite 3 people and it was wonderful. Went to golf with my son, then watched TV with my wife before a snooze and an afternoon spent exploring one of the local creeks. Did some sprints with my kids and my parents’ dog on the way back to the car and it was invigorating. Sore again by the time we got home, so sitting once again a hot bath of magnesium chloride solution, with some mag sulfate (epsom salts) thrown in as well.

Life is good.

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Monday 5th Feb

Food yesterday: 3260cal 207p 473c 61f

BW 112.2kg. Skins: 20mm ab 8mm chest 10mm thigh.

Time to dial energy intake back a little: I want to slide back from 3444 avg to somewhere around 3300 with min 400g carbs 200g protein. Would ideally like to complete third meso at maintenance and see some significant recomposition before dialling back training volume and cutting for a month in the next phase. I know it is possible with test, not sure how I will go without it. So far I have been happily surprised.

W8D1 at the local Anytime:

Lat pull down - worked up to ‘50’ for 3x5; ‘45’ for 8,6

Incline Bench press: worked up to 85kgx5, 95kg 3x5, 90kgx5 - accumulated fatigue noticeable by increasing recovery time (HR back to below 85) from each set - 60kgx14 - last rep almost stalled

BW pull up wide grip 8,6,

High to low cable chest flyes slow & focused with emphasis on static shoulder position, 4th plate x12; 5th plate x8; 5th:4th plate drop sets 6:4, 6:4,

Chest supported rear delt fly 10kg+6.5kg band for 10,12, 15 (+ 3 no band) - not sure if my form decaying or I’m getting stronger -

BW China 3x5 neeehow

BW push up (couldn’t get back on to the cable machine dammit!) 45,40,36

Good sesh. Felt on point for 3rd week in the meso. Definitely going to do a proper reload next week but not before I test my limits.

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Tuesday 6th Feb

Rest day today - woke up feeling tired and sore so decided to postpone today’s workout.

Yesterday’s food: 3497cal 234p 511c 56f

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Wed 7th Feb w8d3

Food yesterday: 3048cal 201p 461c 51f

BW wide grip pull up for 8,8,8,6,

DB seated strict OHP worked up to: 30kgx6,5,5,6,

Chest supported Db side lateral raise; 10kg:7.5kg drop sets 8:5; 8:5; 8:5

Cardio: 20min treadmill at 7km/hr - this was really uncomfortable and difficult this morning. Feel hungry AF but no crash today! 50g honey pre-workout with 3 serves staminade (65g glucose) Intra-workout FTW.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Glad to hear the intra is helping you perform, and your ticker is growing stronger!

IDK about anyone else here but I happen to think a 140kg bb row is pretty heavy.

That's great man, congrats!!
‘Tis indeed - whenever my barbell row got around that, I always knew I could pull 600+.

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Thurs 8th Feb

Woke up today looking full but not bloated. BW 113kg skins 18mm ab 8mm chest 10mm thigh (hard to pinch!). Legs are holding more glycogen.

Food yesterday: 3354cal 245p 474c 63f

Rev Zot Curl: 15kgx10, 22.5kg x6,5; 22.5:17.5kg drop sets: 4:6,4:5

Single arm overhead tri extension: light sabre piece - hold handle at beginning of grip (1.5” from the pivot) and set up so cable moves along same angle - 4th plate for 12,12,10, 11.5,

Db strict curl 22.5kgx5; 22.5:15kg drop sets for 5:5, 5:5,

Single arm cable light sabre push down drop sets 12.5:7.5 for 8:10, 8:8, 10:8, 9:8

BB overhand grip curl 25kg for 10,8,8,7

Cable bar bush down drop sets 45:30:15 for 10:10:14, 7.5:10:17; 8:10:16; 10:10:14; 4.5:7.5:7 - completely blew a fuse here literally couldn’t get anywhere near reps on previous set.

I am certain my body is ready for full deload.

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
When you mentioned the tri extensions used a light saber handle, I pictured you making little Star Wars laser noises with each rep next to some gym bunny and started cracking up
I always give it a little twirl with sound effects when I pick it up.

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
we definitely got best case results on all of the bad stuff, zero doubt. My wife's intuition (which I always lean on) was that there would be no chemo, maybe the e-blocker for 5 years, and likely radiation. so when our final appt started and he said "nobody would ever recommend radiation for you" I just about lost it. I couldn't believe it.

The boob shopping is pretty awesome. admittedly, it's the one part of the entire process I never warmed up to, other men looking at my wifes breasts. doesn't bother me at all being there when a female PA or DR does it, but I still don't like other dudes doing it, it feels a bit cucky. (I know it's not, but bare with me).

when there was risk of losing the nipple we were browsing some awesome 3d tattoo jobs. the whole process on that aspect has been pretty cool. She has a 'spacer' in the side where the mastectomy was done now, and it's fully inflated. seems a bit bigger than it was before (cool). I think she will keep that until our feb vacation is over, then finish all her surgeries probably late feb/early march... then fingers crossed, be done.

my understanding is that we do get to browse different styles lol. I told her we should explore going up a size but try to get that natural mommy milker look with just a little bit of sag, lol. She wasn't about that. so IDK if we end up with grapefruits or what but it's gonna be awesome regardless 😅😅
Good news!
IDK about anyone else here but I happen to think a 140kg bb row is pretty heavy.

That's great man, congrats!!
Thanks fellas!