Pregnolone and DHEA

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
yup , BPS....i can't tell any difference between og pp dermacrine and new BPS dermacrine....geez, either you had a lot of bottles or it lasts you a really, really long time, lol.

I bought a couple bottles from a friend who had them leftover from before. Going to try out this BPS formula!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I bought a couple bottles from a friend who had them leftover from before. Going to try out this BPS formula!
you won't be disappointed

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This is 100 percent for me. I get very clean energy with no anxiety
Same. It is natural feeling like it seems you should always feel if you constantly got the perfect sleep.

I have been taking 5mg DHEA and 10mg preg eod not for a few weeks and it is working out nicely.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Same. It is natural feeling like it seems you should always feel if you constantly got the perfect sleep. I have been taking 5mg DHEA and 10mg preg eod not for a few weeks and it is working out nicely.
Nice!

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
you are in luck, transaderm is on sale for $177...you save $50!!! better stock up....
LOL..... That's why I prefer buying the Dermacrine because it's much less of a commitment. But, in all honesty the last two times I bought Transaderm was when it was on a good sale and it came out to $70 a bottle and it last twice as long as Dermacrine. So, basically it's even money bro.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I am surprised at how much you guys spend on relatively cheap ingredients.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I am surprised at how much you guys spend on relatively cheap ingredients.
Regular Dermacrine is only about $40. It's a great deal for this transdermal product. I'm not so sure why Transaderm is so expensive

FireRescue

Awards
  • Established
Something I was reading recently, and I have not investigated the MOA at this point, is that a Magnesium deficiency will also lead to lower DHEA levels. I know for me personally I always test at the bottom end of DHEA-S. I am curious now to test my RBC Magnesium levels to see if I am at the low end of the spectrum.

I just found this to interesting and thought it might be worth mentioning here.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Regular Dermacrine is only about $40. It's a great deal for this transdermal product. I'm not so sure why Transaderm is so expensive
Yeah, when I see $70 or whatever for something, I can't understand why anyone would buy it when there are so many cheaper ways to get the ingredients.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, when I see $70 or whatever for something, I can't understand why anyone would buy it when there are so many cheaper ways to get the ingredients.
Well, in my defense I was under the impression that transdermal DHEA & Preg was the only way to go due to the lack of bioavailability of the oral versions. Since, this thread has opened up I see sublingual versions may be a good possibility. Also note the the $40 Dermacrine lasts me 130 days and the $70 Transaderm will lasts me over 250 days since I'm only using 1 pump and getting the results I'm seeking. Once you break down the math on price per day they are really not bad.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
No doubt. If you are getting that kind of use out of them, then it is a downright bargain. First and foremost is that if it is working for you, then that is the most important thing.

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
Well, in my defense I was under the impression that transdermal DHEA & Preg was the only way to go due to the lack of bioavailability of the oral versions. Since, this thread has opened up I see sublingual versions may be a good possibility. Also note the the $40 Dermacrine lasts me 130 days and the $70 Transaderm will lasts me over 250 days since I'm only using 1 pump and getting the results I'm seeking. Once you break down the math on price per day they are really not bad.
Same for me, I don't even use one pump a day. More like 3 pumps a week and get the results I'm looking for.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Interesting guys. I am taking dhea and preg sublingually, but I also moved from ed to eod and getting great results.

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
Interesting guys. I am taking dhea and preg sublingually, but I also moved from ed to eod and getting great results.
Do you find yourself getting overheated at night after taking it in the morning?

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
No, I haven't noticed any side effects other than getting some minor acne when I was taking it daily.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
you can buy a volkswagon much cheaper than a bmw, but i see a lot of bmw's....

it's all in the delivery system, if sublingual is a step up from oral tabs then just think what topical application directly to androgenic areas of the dermis will bring.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That is because you won't get constant electrical, o2, and ignition issues with a BMW. But I digress.... lol

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
That is because you won't get constant electrical, o2, and ignition issues with a BMW. But I digress.... lol
in other words...'you get what you pay for', lol.

FOXDIE

FOXDIE

Awards
suppression of natural testosterone....if i understand the question correctly then the answer is yes to both...your dhea level will increase along with conversion to testosterone, which is what causes the mild suppression....the suppression is mild enough that a 1 bottle[1 month] cycle doesn't require a pct...running dermacrine for 2 bottles[2 months] it is recommended to do a otc pct.

very good question...hope i was able to answer sufficiently.
just to throw in a correction to this answer given to someone asking about dhea and suppression and pct:

don't just assume everything suppresses stuff and needs pct, and then tell other members this like its gospel.

taking dhea doesn't suppress your body's production, it's not based on negative feedback like, say testosterone. some easily demonstrated, visible supporting evidence in favor of this can bee seen by observing that if this were true then dhea dosages would be like testosterone dosages, and have general guidelines for people to take as they would replace and not add onto what your body is making, or taking some but too little would cause you to have even less then before.

if im the ******* and wrong, feel free to show me and ill apologize.

FOXDIE

FOXDIE

Awards
Has anyone noticed the pregnenolone making them extremely tired during the day? I'm only taking 25 mg (sublingually) in the morning.
even dr. crisler says that oral preg converts into a "barbituate" of sorts and that is why you should avoid taking it in that form, unless you enjoy this effect. i've found this to be true through anecdote as well.

FOXDIE

FOXDIE

Awards
yeah, i always draw out 1st to check for blood!!!
Guys, it is not good practice to aspirate when you inject, and not recommended by major medical bodies.There are no large blood vessels at the recommended injection sites. Also not aspirating before injection has been demonstrated to reduce pain at the injection site because there is less contact time between the needle and tissue and less lateral movement of the needle.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Guys, it is not good practice to aspirate when you inject, and not recommended by major medical bodies.There are no large blood vessels at the recommended injection sites. Also not aspirating before injection has been demonstrated to reduce pain at the injection site because there is less contact time between the needle and tissue and less lateral movement of the needle.
and which major medical body do you belong to? the nurse at the doctors office who gave my 1st injection said this was the thing to do, you might take your medical degrees with you and argue it out with her-feel free to do so!!!

anything else?

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
just to throw in a correction to this answer given to someone asking about dhea and suppression and pct:

don't just assume everything suppresses stuff and needs pct, and then tell other members this like its gospel.

taking dhea doesn't suppress your body's production, it's not based on negative feedback like, say testosterone. some easily demonstrated, visible supporting evidence in favor of this can bee seen by observing that if this were true then dhea dosages would be like testosterone dosages, and have general guidelines for people to take as they would replace and not add onto what your body is making, or taking some but too little would cause you to have even less then before.

if im the ******* and wrong, feel free to show me and ill apologize.
everything suppresses stuff....i will assume this is the part you did not copy?

FOXDIE

FOXDIE

Awards
and which major medical body do you belong to? the nurse at the doctors office who gave my 1st injection said this was the thing to do, you might take your medical degrees with you and argue it out with her-feel free to do so!!!anything else?
hahaa what a dickhead. good luck with that attitude buddy. i love how you automatically assume anyone who is a doctor, or a nurse, or an airline pilot etc, that if they are working a job that they are flawless and couldn't possibly make a mistake. wonder why she's a nurse and not a doctor? your girlfriend couldn't cut it?

FOXDIE

FOXDIE

Awards
everything suppresses stuff....i will assume this is the part you did not copy?
didn't not copy anything. didn't copy anything either i don't believe.everything suppresses stuff. wow. yeah i wont even bother responding explaining how you're wrong. obviously from your other retarded response defending some random nurse who couldn't possibly be incorrect or make a mistake your just out to give me **** for no reason. again, i could have easily explained to you in simple terms even you'd understand why both my responses are correct but you had to put words in my mouth, get cocky, and defend your beloved nurse sidepiece.

FOXDIE

FOXDIE

Awards
irritability, crankiness, and unprovoked aggression are signs of low T and high estrogen, you may wanna get those levels checked buddy. alright i had my fun retorting. i wont respond again and get into a bickering web argument with you. just be nice in the future, there's no real reason to be a **** to people.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Before everyone goes ape$hit here, I just read through Foxdie's past posts and he has tons of injection experience. I'm a newbie to TRT and all his posts and responses gave me some really good information. So let's calm down and exercise common respect. I'm very interested in this "don't aspirate" recommendation.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Kenpo, I've been injecting myself for about 3 years and have never aspirated. Before that, my doc and endo that were injecting me never did either. I inject in my glute.

Just FYI from my own experience.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
irritability, crankiness, and unprovoked aggression are signs of low T and high estrogen, you may wanna get those levels checked buddy. alright i had my fun retorting. i wont respond again and get into a bickering web argument with you. just be nice in the future, there's no real reason to be a **** to people.
lol...yup, you wanna play nice now-after calling me a dickhead....alright- i think you came on a little arrogant, but going to start with a clean slate from here!!!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Before everyone goes ape$hit here, I just read through Foxdie's past posts and he has tons of injection experience. I'm a newbie to TRT and all his posts and responses gave me some really good information. So let's calm down and exercise common respect. I'm very interested in this "don't aspirate" recommendation.
over the course of 7 years on trt i have aspirated every single time, this is what i was showed[and told] to do, and i do it. as to added pain can't tell you because i have never done it any other way. as to safety and not doing aspiration, the chances are very slim to hit a vein and iv the test...but aspiration is very simple and takes only seconds---and i bet there isn't 1 person on here who would say hitting a vein could not happen....

so yeah, it is PROBABLY safe not to aspirate, and it may cause some added pain, but for something so simple that takes so little time i think i will continue to aspirate.

Yolked

Awards
  • Established
That doesn't sound very sterile.
Everything is clean. Obviously wash your hands etc before. Don't set anything down on dirty surface. Only reuse the big needle and syringe to load. Keep clean with cap and wipe rubber stopper with alcohol. This way the needle doesn't touch anything before your body.

Yolked

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, why would you ever reuse a needle, even if it was just for loading? Sounds like a bad idea to me.
Use a new one when it never touches anything that contaminates it. Go ahead

Yolked

Awards
  • Established
I use BD Ultrafine pins when using slin pins, and I never take the plunger out with them. They are the smoothest slin pins I've ever used. They pull like they have a larger gauge in comparison with other pins of equal gauge (and I use 31's for slins).

When I use regular pins, all of them are the interchangable screw off type. I always draw with one pin, switch, and pin with a fresh pin.Slin pins I can get away with drawing and pining with since the gauge is so small. Many people do this. I would never draw and pin with the same pin when using larger gauge pins though, and not because of sterility concerns, but because drawing with any pin will dull the head of the pin when pushing into the vial. Small gauge pins have less of a concern as they will not cause scar tissue, even if slightly blunted from using to draw. Using a slin pin is like pushing into butter. Smoooooth.
Word!

Yolked

Awards
  • Established
The thread got way off topic haha.. don't worry. Nobody is reusing or recycling pins, just talking about different gauges and methods, as well as ways to load slin pins if using them.
Yeah my bad. ;-)

Yolked

Awards
  • Established
You should always aspirate. You shouldn't inject into a vein. I've been told at least. Anyone elaborate on that? So do we go with sublingual, oral or transdermal DHEA and Pregnenolone?

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
You should always aspirate. You shouldn't inject into a vein. I've been told at least. Anyone elaborate on that? So do we go with sublingual, oral or transdermal DHEA and Pregnenolone?
dermacrine.....

dhickey

Awards
Micronized oral dhea worked great for me. Easy got me over range. I have not been impressed with dermacrine. Two blood tests showed no increase in dhea over baseline. Still using up what I have and just did another test, so we'll see.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Micronized oral dhea worked great for me. Easy got me over range. I have not been impressed with dermacrine. Two blood tests showed no increase in dhea over baseline. Still using up what I have and just did another test, so we'll see.
maybe the 2nd test will be better.

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Anyone get insomnia from preg or hot at night. After reading the whole.thread again I tried 6mg sublingual preg yesterday and felt amazing all day, lot of energy, very productive but.could not sleep last night for the life of me.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, I do, but it takes quite a bit. Usually around 25mg is when I have trouble sleeping. I usually still wake up feeling good, though.

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yeah, I do, but it takes quite a bit. Usually around 25mg is when I have trouble sleeping. I usually still wake up feeling good, though.
I didn't feel that good when I woke up. Maybe since the dose was so low I don't need preg at all right now. I never had it tested but my dhea is mid range and I take dhea to bring.that near the top end. Thanks for the help.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yep, recommendation is always to get tested, but you won't hurt yourself by trying without. But, the fact that you got that much energy would indicate that you may need it and can possibly split that little dose up. My doc said some people run 2.5mg and feel great. Everyone is different.

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yep, recommendation is always to get tested, but you won't hurt yourself by trying without. But, the fact that you got that much energy would indicate that you may need it and can possibly split that little dose up. My doc said some people run 2.5mg and feel great. Everyone is different.
Well I have 25mg sublingual pills so Idk how well it will hold together past 1/4 cuts. Any brand recommendations? I have always responded well to preg but it seems to.affect my sleep. Never tried below 6mg.

UCSMiami

UCSMiami

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Wished to add if you view my other thread that I was experiencing mental fogginess in the afternoon and my Dr. recommended 100mg of Pregnenolene after viewing my blood count. Only my Pregesterone(sic) and Vit D were low. Capsules are from Life Extension. I zipped back to my previous energetic self in less than two months. Never had memory issues just energy scarcity. This was in June-August of 2012. Until recently used 100mg of Preg. every two days. Recently discontinued and will monitor Preg. levels and daily energy to see if still needed.

The side effects I have read are insomnia or heart palpitations/irregular heartbeat. I have insomnia every now and then but that is because I occasionally go overboard at the gym. Goes away if I have a rest day.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Wished to add if you view my other thread that I was experiencing mental fogginess in the afternoon and my Dr. recommended 100mg of Pregnenolene after viewing my bood count. Only my Pregesterone(sic) and Vit D were low. Capsules are from Life Extension. I zipped back to my previous energetic self in less than two months. Never had memory issues just energy. This was in June-August of 2012. Until recently used 100mg of Preg. every two days. Recently discontinued and will monitor Preg. levels and daily energy to see if still needed.

The side effects I have read are insomnia or heart palpitations/irregular heartbeat. I have insomnia every now and then but that is because I occasionally go overboard at the gym. Goes away if I have a rest day.
goes to show the importantance of rest days, imo.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Ape McGrapes Supplement Auction 6
Anabolics 45
Supplements 10
Supplements 2
vidapreta Male Anti-Aging Medicine 29