333x3 w/straps

4” Blockpulls, power bar
-mixed grip-
333,355x3
377x3 w/ deadlift belt

Wide NG CSR
45x20
90 4x15

Added weight on all the pulls over last week. Back feels pain-free - it’s just hard work now again at this point. 8 work sets of pulls & 4 on rows today.

Anabolic66

Anabolic66

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Day 2 of “The Clear” Capsules
BW 248.0

(I take my Nattokinase first since it’s not well absorbed in the presence of other things).
Hyde, how much Natto do you take? Does it make you drowsy?? I take 6-pills at night (1200 FU) because it was making me tired in the AM... Just curious..

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Hyde, how much Natto do you take? Does it make you drowsy?? I take 6-pills at night (1200 FU) because it was making me tired in the AM... Just curious..
I religiously take a single 100mg capsule (2,000fu) of Dr.’s Best Nattokinase first thing fasted every morning. I have never experienced any remote drowsiness or noted side from it. I can’t believe you have to take 6 pills for only 1,200fu - are you sure you’re not megadosing 12,000fu??

IMG_9355.JPG

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
4/10/24
BW 250.2

Band Pullaparts, Angels, BTN Press
Incline Bench Rotators

Reverse Talon-grip Bench
45x5,8,8
95,135,165,205x6
230 5x6

HS Incline Press
45,70x15
95 2x8
45x16

Wide NG Pulldown warmups
40,80,130x12

ss w/ Rolling DB Tri Ext
30x12
45 2x18

Chins
12 NG
13 V-grip

Seated DB Rear Delt Flyes
25 2x12

Pallof Press

Added 5lbs and 5 total reps to Talon-grip Bench tonight. Rolling DB Tris improved but HS Incline was stagnant or harder than last week. Happy with the session overall!

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
4/9/24

Hip stretch
DB Suitcase Carries
Pallof Press
Band QL Activation
KB One-leg Deadlifts
Hang from pullup bar

Paused Deadlift, power bar
-beltless, doh-
45,155,245,267,289,311x5
333x3 w/straps

4” Blockpulls, power bar
-mixed grip-
333,355x3
377x3 w/ deadlift belt

Wide NG CSR
45x20
90 4x15

Added weight on all the pulls over last week. Back feels pain-free - it’s just hard work now again at this point. 8 work sets of pulls & 4 on rows today.
Wow, 4" deficit pulls? That seems large, but again I don't pull deficit. I've only ever done a one plate deficit before.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Wow, 4" deficit pulls? That seems large, but again I don't pull deficit. I've only ever done a one plate deficit before.
A 4” deficit is indeed a long, tough pull - but I did not do that! My PR pulling from a 4” deficit is 515x1.

I elevated the weight plates up onto 3.5-4” boxes to pull from. A blockpull is similar to a rack pull, but it doesn’t beat up the barbell. Even though it’s a shorter ROM, because I am strong off the floor from my initial leg drive, I derive a lot of benefit pulling from blocks. It’s a harder position for me.

That modified reverse grip slaps!
Just hurts the entire time lol. Hurts my left tri & shoulder, which is a me problem, and it hurts my hands, which is a talon grip problem. But it’s way more stable than traditional reverse grip for sure.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
block pulls are great for many reasons, IMO. but yeah putting 450-500lbs back on the racks causes so much weird flexion and coil in the barbell that it even jars that steel plate in my collarbone hard. Unfortunately the gyms I go to don't have legit blocks anymore so I can either stack plates, or pull from the rack.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Day 14 of “The Clear” capsules
BW 248.2

Another week on 2 caps/day of this stuff. There have been no changes in my total hormone & supplement regime. Diet & training pretty status quo too, although I have been hungrier overall - I had finished a meal my postWO meal (Salmon, rice, potato, some Fairlife RTD) at 9:20pm last night, in bed before 10. Finally got up at 11:20pm to eat another meal out of true hunger. In general I have needed to eat more before bed.

I do not notice getting the burps as often, but I decidedly enjoy the taste now when I do. I mention that because whatever this turns out to be, it’s not like fish oil where if you burp it up it’s going to be gross every time.

Really, besides hunger being a tad higher, there’s nothing else that sticks out. Body acne doesn’t seem worse (maybe better), mood and energy and ability to sleep don’t seem affected. Training seems to be progressing all around, so that’s a great thing - definitely not getting weaker.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
4/11/24

Cat Camel
Bird Dogs
Side Planks
Psoas/Hip Stretch
Band Pullaparts
Core Rotation against wall
Pec Stretch
Couch stretch
Pallof Press

Squat, transformer lowbar
55,55,145,235x5
285,325,325x3

Widestance Boxsquat, transformer lowbar
235,285x12 to 20” box
235x12 to 17” box
255x12 to 16” box

RDLs
+deadlift belt & straps
255 2x15

Reverse Hyper
180,270x10
360 3x10

Left knee started bugging me at 325 on squat - it got aggravated last week again, so when I felt some pain after the second set I shut it right down. Seems like the quad tendon is what’s inflamed. But High boxsquats were no problem, even down at 16” (2” above parallel), and surprisingly offered remarkable quad activation. Happy I’ve figured out a way to train around it for now!

Bumped “The Clear” to 3 capsules/day.

Signed up for a meet, the Walcott Wreckers inaugural Pro/Am, on August 31st. Gym owner is helping with it, & at least 3 other gym members are going to compete as well. 20 weeks out tomorrow!!!

It’s time to climb the mountain again 🏔⛩🏔

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Looking forward to watching you through another prep!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
4/14/24

5 min walk
Cat Camel
Bird Dogs
Split Squat stretch
KB Suitcase Carries
Pallof Press
Split grip hang
Dimmel Deads

Deadlift Devotions (Pause Deadlift, then Pause RDL=1 rep)
135,225x3
275,325x1
+belt
375,425x1

Snatchgrip 1” Deficit Deadlift, beltless
+straps
245,265,285,305x8

Paused Legpress
90,270,540,630x15

GHR
3x12

Wimsicle

Wimsicle

Awards
  • Established
Those devotions sound wonderful, I need to get them

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Those devotionals deads look pretty intense, I like it!

Anabolic66

Anabolic66

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I religiously take a single 100mg capsule (2,000fu) of Dr.’s Best Nattokinase first thing fasted every morning. I have never experienced any remote drowsiness or noted side from it. I can’t believe you have to take 6 pills for only 1,200fu - are you sure you’re not megadosing 12,000fu??
Yes, sorry, typo... Most studies point to 10,000 to 12,000 FU... But I think Im going to lower it a bit.
Gets expensive...

Regular exercise further improved the effects of NK. Co-administration of vitamin K2 and aspirin with NK produced a synergetic effect. No noticeable adverse effects associated with the use of NK were recorded. In conclusion, our data demonstrate that atherosclerosis progression and hyperlipidemia can be effectively managed with NK at a dose of 10,800 FU/day. The lower dose of 3,600 FU per day is ineffective.

cronikgains

cronikgains

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
Awesome choice of workout music!!! DMX is def. one of my go-tos when it comes to rap music!

I admit, I have had to google a few of the lifts you've mentioned here haha

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Those devotions sound wonderful, I need to get them
Those devotionals deads look pretty intense, I like it!
They are a ballbuster. Really reinforces positioning & bracing, and each rep is basically 2.5 total reps. But pretty fun!

Yes, sorry, typo... Most studies point to 10,000 to 12,000 FU... But I think Im going to lower it a bit.
Gets expensive...

Regular exercise further improved the effects of NK. Co-administration of vitamin K2 and aspirin with NK produced a synergetic effect. No noticeable adverse effects associated with the use of NK were recorded. In conclusion, our data demonstrate that atherosclerosis progression and hyperlipidemia can be effectively managed with NK at a dose of 10,800 FU/day. The lower dose of 3,600 FU per day is ineffective.
I do not take Nattokinase for the prevention of atherosclerosis at all - I take Pomegranate extract year round for that, which is in SNS Cardiovascular Support XT and also sold as an individual ingredient by Life Extension and Jarrow. If you don’t mind the extra sugar, the arterial plaque reduction was enhanced when the participants also ate a couple dates every day in addition to pomegranate juice. They are delicious alongside a hot cup of black coffee btw.

Nattokinase shines to prevent/break up blood clots, especially if combined with pine bark extract. 1-2 servings of a cap each of those daily is more than sufficient for that. And you certainly shouldn’t stack it with baby aspirin (which is destroying your gut lining slowly anyway). I’d ditch that if you stay with the larger Nattokinase doses.

I have seen 8,000fu referenced for successful halting of atherosclerosis btw. You could probably trim the dose even if you want to keep it pretty high.

Awesome choice of workout music!!! DMX is def. one of my go-tos when it comes to rap music!

I admit, I have had to google a few of the lifts you've mentioned here haha
He definitely has some good hype songs out there!

Some of those exercises are things you should probably eventually consider, and some will be more superfluous that are entirely outside your need to advance. They might just be getting done for variety, or to work around an injury or target a weakness that has developed over many years of strength training. But you usually don’t need to do much to enter the 1,000lb club besides hard consistent work on the very basics.

For reference, my best total ever was 1,653lbs in knee sleeves in competition last October.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
4/16/24

Band Pullaparts, Snatch
Cable Tri Pressdown & Lat Pulldown
Rotators, Lat insert stretch
Band Flyes, Presses

Bench, power bar
45x10
135,225x5
265,300x1
280 4x3, 1x8

2-Boardpress
205 2x15

DB Rear Delt Flyes
25,30x12

DB Hammercurls
20,25x12

Bar Cable Tri Pressdown
40 2x50

280 felt so awful for the first 3 triples today; I’m amazed I got 8 reps touch-n-go for the AMRAP, but I’ll take it.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Day 19 of “The Clear” capsules
BW 249.2 yesterday

Bumped to 3 caps/day last Friday, 5 days ago. No sides. I suspect there is some component of this that lowers blood sugar ultimately, because I have been hungry more often. But not in any way that negatively impacts training - that has been going just fine.

I have bloodwork next Monday, so I will be running this for at least another week before raising gear up any. It will also be a chance to make sure these haven’t been poisoning me

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
BW 249.2 yesterday

Bumped to 3 caps/day last Friday, 5 days ago. No sides. I suspect there is some component of this that lowers blood sugar ultimately, because I have been hungry more often. But not in any way that negatively impacts training - that has been going just fine.

I have bloodwork next Monday, so I will be running this for at least another week before raising gear up any. It will also be a chance to make sure these haven’t been poisoning me
Shoot first, ask questions later.

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
BW 249.2 yesterday

Putting in good work as usual…. I do wonder what is in the clear capsules. It makes sense that they won’t tell you until afterwards what’s in them, to help prevent a placebo effect.

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
4/16/24

Band Pullaparts, Snatch
Cable Tri Pressdown & Lat Pulldown
Rotators, Lat insert stretch
Band Flyes, Presses

Bench, power bar
45x10
135,225x5
265,300x1
280 4x3, 1x8

2-Boardpress
205 2x15

DB Rear Delt Flyes
25,30x12

DB Hammercurls
20,25x12

Bar Cable Tri Pressdown
40 2x50

280 felt so awful for the first 3 triples today; I’m amazed I got 8 reps touch-n-go for the AMRAP, but I’ll take it.
Still a good looking session! Got a good chuckle out of the get bloodwork to make sure these aren’t poison 😂

Anabolic66

Anabolic66

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I almost pulled the trigger on a new one from Craigslist the other day. Was doing research on it and it had been recalled (this one recalled and new machine sent out) and after the recall still had problems. When I say problems I mean toxins being released as the foam breaks down. Needless to say I did not buy. I’m 100% checking out gem sleep in the coming weeks. Thanks brother

I bought one of those (like new) off of Marketplace a couple years back. Right away it was re-called.
I was able to send it out and get a new one sent... I did it on my own, no sleep-study, no Dr. involvement.
They really make a difference...

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Putting in good work as usual…. I do wonder what is in the clear capsules. It makes sense that they won’t tell you until afterwards what’s in them, to help prevent a placebo effect.
Oh me too. I felt like I might be leaning out, and I haven’t been able to take a non-training morning weight in a minute - I was down to 246.6 this morning, so I am indeed.

I was told it might support recomp and possibly strength; so far it certainly doesn’t seem to be hurting them!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Down to 246.6, nice work! So are you going to be bulking back up to 265-270 for this meet too?

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Down to 246.6, nice work! So are you going to be bulking back up to 265-270 for this meet too?
No, I signed up for 242 and would like to keep my weight under 255 max so that I can make the cut.

I intend to recomp as I add drugs and try to maintain weight. I gained all that weight to push my squat and bench to new heights, but now I really want to PR my deadlift - it’s been 4 years since I have done 630 in the gym, and 7 since 628 in a meet. My pull will progress best if I lean my core out. And I don’t want to force feed a bunch of crap and feel be so fat over the miserable heat of summer.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
No, I signed up for 242 and would like to keep my weight under 255 max so that I can make the cut.

I intend to recomp as I add drugs and try to maintain weight. I gained all that weight to push my squat and bench to new heights, but now I really want to PR my deadlift - it’s been 4 years since I have done 630 in the gym, and 7 since 628 in a meet. My pull will progress best if I lean my core out. And I don’t want to force feed a bunch of crap and feel be so fat over the miserable heat of summer.
Great plan, and I am sure your heart will thank you for not adding the extra weight this go round. Are you expecting a PR at that weight class for your other lifts as well? Would be really cool if you can get a Total PR at that weight too even though focus is on the DL.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I bought one of those (like new) off of Marketplace a couple years back. Right away it was re-called.
I was able to send it out and get a new one sent... I did it on my own, no sleep-study, no Dr. involvement.
They really make a difference...
Im definitely ready for the next chapter of sleep quality.

I was genuinely curious as to my current sleep habits and as easy as they make the overnight test I figured that alone was worth it.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Great plan, and I am sure your heart will thank you for not adding the extra weight this go round. Are you expecting a PR at that weight class for your other lifts as well? Would be really cool if you can get a Total PR at that weight too even though focus is on the DL.
I am. Maybe not huge ones, but just putting together a good day with a proper deadlift will allow me to break the 1,504 I’ve done previously in 242.

Im definitely ready for the next chapter of sleep quality.

I was genuinely curious as to my current sleep habits and as easy as they make the overnight test I figured that alone was worth it.
That was my logic. I was able to see just how bad it was. Especially since I don’t normally snore, and I have a longer neck, it was good to see how much the extra weight still takes a toll. To really know the CPAP was necessary.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
4/17/24
BW 246.6

Cat Camel
Bird Dogs
Psoas/Hip stretch
Hip Thrusters
Pallof Press
KB Suitcase Carries
Dimmel Deadlifts

Deadlift, power bar
135,225x5
315x3
+belt
365,385x2
405 4x2
+straps
405x10

4” Blockpulls
295 2x12

Sumo 4” Blockpulls
295 2x12

Reverse Hyper
270 3x15

Chin-ups
BWx5,13,13 (warmup, NG, V-grip)

Taking 405x10 on a stiffbar was a huge mental victory for me tonight. This puts my e1RM potential at 535, with a bit left in the tank. The power bar felt heavy initially, but I forced my mind to rise to the demand - by the time I got to the AMRAP, I was locked in. I needed to prove to myself that I was capable of this, and I made it happen.

100lbs to go. 19 weeks. I can do this.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
4/19/24

Cat Camel
Serratus Activation
Band Pullaparts, Snatch, Flyes, Presses
Pallof Press
Band Angels

Incline NG DB Press
25,45x20
60 2x30

Swissbar Rolling Skullcrushers
35x15
90 2x20

Widegrip Pushups

Bar Cable Tri Pressdown
60 4x25

Band Pullaparts
Monstermini 3x35

ART guy did some exceptional work on my shoulder, forearm and bicep yesterday - he was extremely happy with how much my shoulder has chilled out since last week by dropping the Reverse Grip Bench. Things honestly feel great (for me) too now, mobility-wise. Had me do some pushups, and we both agreed when doing them very wide it looks better than ever.

I haven’t been this excited to do pushups in a long damn time. Feels good, man

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I haven’t been this excited to do pushups in a long damn time. Feels good, man
I slammed out an AMRAP set one time in the sling shot just to see what would happen, it was intense 😅
it's weird for how many painfree pushups I used to do in xfit, these days my shoulders do not have push-up mobility anymore.

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
4/17/24
BW 246.6

Cat Camel
Bird Dogs
Psoas/Hip stretch
Hip Thrusters
Pallof Press
KB Suitcase Carries
Dimmel Deadlifts

Deadlift, power bar
135,225x5
315x3
+belt
365,385x2
405 4x2
+straps
405x10

4” Blockpulls
295 2x12

Sumo 4” Blockpulls
295 2x12

Reverse Hyper
270 3x15

Chin-ups
BWx5,13,13 (warmup, NG, V-grip)

Taking 405x10 on a stiffbar was a huge mental victory for me tonight. This puts my e1RM potential at 535, with a bit left in the tank. The power bar felt heavy initially, but I forced my mind to rise to the demand - by the time I got to the AMRAP, I was locked in. I needed to prove to myself that I was capable of this, and I made it happen.

100lbs to go. 19 weeks. I can do this.
That’s some serious pulling…..finishing out Deadlift with 405x10 on the power bar, you should take a bow after that.
IMG_7291.gif

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
4/21/24

Lat Tie-in stretch
Incline Internal/External Rotators
Overhead Tri Extensions

Bb Shrugs
135,225x15
275x10
325x6
345 2 holds
225x20

Standing Calf Machine
80x10,9,8

Nautilus Widegrip CSR
60x15
105x8,6,7

EZbar Curls
40x15
50x12
60x10

Cable Pronated CSR
130 2x20

Pigeon Pose
Cat Camel
Shoulder Distractions

I’m moving my 4-day split to a 9-day microcycle (so I have 3 real training days weekly that I will rotate through 4 routines before repeating). Then I will have Sundays for an easy accessory day - odds & ends to break a sweat and get some blood pumping.

I produced my first 1500 & 1600lb totals with 9-day micros, so I know they work well for me. But I like going to the gym more often, and I feel it helps me stay better conditioned longer into a steroid blast, so I intend to have Sundays for fluff ‘n buff.

Electrake

Electrake

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
4/21/24

Lat Tie-in stretch
Incline Internal/External Rotators
Overhead Tri Extensions

Bb Shrugs
135,225x15
275x10
325x6
345 2 holds
225x20

Standing Calf Machine
80x10,9,8

Nautilus Widegrip CSR
60x15
105x8,6,7

EZbar Curls
40x15
50x12
60x10

Cable Pronated CSR
130 2x20

Pigeon Pose
Cat Camel
Shoulder Distractions

I’m moving my 4-day split to a 9-day microcycle (so I have 3 real training days weekly that I will rotate through 4 routines before repeating). Then I will have Sundays for an easy accessory day - odds & ends to break a sweat and get some blood pumping.

I produced my first 1500 & 1600lb totals with 9-day micros, so I know they work well for me. But I like going to the gym more often, and I feel it helps me stay better conditioned longer into a steroid blast, so I intend to have Sundays for fluff ‘n buff.
Watching intently, I was looking at a similar cycle not too long ago.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Watching intently, I was looking at a similar cycle not too long ago.
I also am doing 5th Set again, at least for the moment, and that’s 9-day micros are how it’s built to run. I’m not doing any extra work than the normal scope of the program either, just spreading it out a little. Swede has found this to work with a LOT of lifters of all kinds, and it does for me.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
4/21/24 - Day 24 of “The Clear” capsules
BW 248.2 yesterday

I barely ever get the burps anymore. I was sent some more capsules to keep using this, and some for my wife. She has used a capsule the last 2 mornings. Said she noticed a burp too and was glad I gave her a heads up, but no noticeable sides or issues. Feeling good.

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
4/21/24 - Day 24 of “The Clear” capsules
BW 248.2 yesterday

I barely ever get the burps anymore. I was sent some more capsules to keep using this, and some for my wife. She has used a capsule the last 2 mornings. Said she noticed a burp too and was glad I gave her a heads up, but no noticeable sides or issues. Feeling good.
Maybe you have already said it and I didn’t catch it. What have you been noticing from the “the clear” capsules ?

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Maybe you have already said it and I didn’t catch it. What have you been noticing from the “the clear” capsules ?
Nothing! I mean it doesn’t make me feel any type of way & no side effects.

I did suspect it could be driving hunger slightly, but going from 2-3 capsules I don’t know that I really noticed any increase in hunger, so that may well just have been coincidence.

I am better than 3 weeks ago overall in my training numbers while weighing the same (maybe a pound or so lighter). I have noticed arm and shoulder veins a bit more lately too, which may be total coincidence.

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Nothing! I mean it doesn’t make me feel any type of way & no side effects.

I did suspect it could be driving hunger slightly, but going from 2-3 capsules I don’t know that I really noticed any increase in hunger, so that may well just have been coincidence.

I am better than 3 weeks ago overall in my training numbers while weighing the same (maybe a pound or so lighter). I have noticed arm and shoulder veins a bit more lately too, which may be total coincidence.
Gotcha! How long has it been since you last ran 5th set? I’ll be interested to see what that layout and progress looks like. I have watched quite a few of his you tubes and his pod cast on table talk.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Gotcha! How long has it been since you last ran 5th set? I’ll be interested to see what that layout and progress looks like. I have watched quite a few of his you tubes and his pod cast on table talk.
You just do 5 doubles with 80% or triples with 75% on your squat, bench, and deadlift days for your primary work. Except for the 5th Set, instead you do an AMRAP for the bench and EITHER squat or deadlift. The other lower body lift is on more of a maintenance/technique role, where you simply do the 5 triples with either 70 or 75% depending on recoverability. You add 5lbs to the bar every microcyle, and there is a light auxiliary pressing day as the 4th day in the 9-day rotation.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Congrats on the pushups feeling better than they have in a long time. Gotta love that progress.