SNS Phosphatidic Acid XT log

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Because I used leg press as a warm up I did a lot more volume. Got a pb with weight however cheated on that set putting my hands on my thighs. All over sets well controlled, slow declines. Leg curls solid. Leg extensions new pb.
For me i have to do squats first thing for legs .. or i get lazy with it
I tend to be the same way, I couldn't get a platform yesterday so I "warmed up" with leg press, went ham on it and I just feel like I cheated myself. never could get a barbell for deadlifts so I did what I could for both heavy and volume leg press but I just feel like nothing beats actual barbell squats and deadlifts.

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Push day tomorrow though. Always look forward to that one. I'm gonna try and get in another pull, legs, then push again on saturday but I'll be honest not sure if I can do that and not burn out.

This is the work schedule I have coming up. Wednesday into Thursday is a bitch. Push tomorrow morning no problem but I don't geth home until around 10pm then I'm up at 3:30 am to get breakfast in before leaving the house at 4:20 to walk into work Thursday. I will need to see if I have it in me to then go to the gym Thursday evening for pull. Then try legs again Friday morning.
Screenshot_2023-08-15-15-58-24-991_com.kronos.mobile.android.jpeg

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Just saw the thread and will be following along. I hope you'll like Phosphatidic Acid XT. For me, its been great strength gains and great overall muscle fullness.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Notice that the bottle says take with a high protein meal. Do you take your morning dose on an empty stomach. Asking because I was getting some bad stomach upset from various supplements recently. Incidentally I took 4 with lunch and I feel fine.
The way we do the suggested dosage is based off of the way the patent holder suggests taking Mediator PA.

For me personally, I've taken it with a shake, with a meal, or on an empty stomach just depending on my schedule and if I was running behind and I think it helps the same regardless, at least for me.

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
The way we do the suggested dosage is based off of the way the patent holder suggests taking Mediator PA.

For me personally, I've taken it with a shake, with a meal, or on an empty stomach just depending on my schedule and if I was running behind and I think it helps the same regardless, at least for me.
Can you explain a little the differences between your PA and competing brands? For example another brand sells 250mg pills in 60 pill bottles for £23 in the UK. So straight off I realise that's only 20 days supply so would need two bottles but that's still cheaper than the £60 for PAXT. Is there a difference in the PA itself or is it the extra ingredients, senactiv etc. And paying extra for import.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Can you explain a little the differences between your PA and competing brands? For example another brand sells 250mg pills in 60 pill bottles for £23 in the UK. So straight off I realise that's only 20 days supply so would need two bottles but that's still cheaper than the £60 for PAXT. Is there a difference in the PA itself or is it the extra ingredients, senactiv etc. And paying extra for import.
I dont want to go too much into it and take the shine away from the log .. if needed we can maybe make a new thread.

but when comparing make sure its Mediator® @ 1500mg/serving
usually you might be able to find in usa comparison $50-55 for 28days supply
and like you said the extra stuff .. i know Steve tested it with multiple combos and reason why it took a while to put it out .

also are all branded ingridents quality and TM version of apipure

atleast thats my thoughts .. i see it for $54 at DPS for what it provides such a great deal shouldnt be less then $65 but no complaining im a customer too lol

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
You are comparing to another brand that is 60 capsules @ 250 mg. per capsule, but then you said that would be a 20 day supply. That wouldn't be correct because if that brand is 250 mg. per capsule, it would take 6 capsules to equal 1,500 mg. and therefore it would only be a 10 day supply.

1,500 mg. per day is the dose used in the clinical studies on Mediator Phosphatidic Acid and that is the dose used in Phosphatidic Acid XT.

In addition to 1,500 mg. Mediator Phosphatidic Acid, Phosphatidic Acid XT also contains 50 mg. ApiPure Apigenin + 50 mg. Senactiv and AstraGin & Bioperine for increased absorption. So, for context, Phosphatidic Acid XT contains:
  • 1,500 mg. Mediator Phosphatidic Acid - patented form of Phosphatidic Acid with numerous clinical studies
  • 50 mg. ApiPure Apigenin - Apigenin has clinical studies for building muscle & losing fat + 100's of studies for longevity, anti-aging, and other health benefits
  • 50 mg. Senactiv - Senactiv has numerous clinical studies on it for building muscle and improving athletic performance & endurance
  • 50 mg. AstraGin - clinically researched absorption enhancer
  • 5 mg. Bioperine - clinically researched absorption enhancer
In summary, Phosphatidic Acid XT contains 5 clinically researched branded ingredients all at or above their efficacious dosages and is still less expensive than most any other legitimate Phosphatidic Acid supplement when comparing just the active dosages of Mediator PA.

You asked if there is a difference in the PA itself in Phosphatidic Acid XT?
Phosphatidic Acid XT uses Mediator Phosphatidic Acid, which is the clinically researched and patented form of Phosphatidic Acid.

If you're comparing it to a PA supplement that doesn't use Mediator, then there is no comparison because Chemi Nutra, the owners of the Mediator patents are a subsidiary of an Italian pharmaceutical company and have the specialized equipment to offer legitimate Phosphatidic Acid.

Any brand not using Mediator PA is not only violating their patents, but they're also sourcing it from who knows where - and the issue with PA is that it is not an easy ingredient to make. Chemi Nutra has in the past tested many generic suppliers and the PA content of the material has been as low as 0 to 10% .

There are also some brands that claim to use Mediator Phosphatidic Acid that do not. This is a huge problem in this industry right now in general - brands claiming to use branded ingredients when they aren't - and that's not only dishonest, but outright fraud against both the patent holders and against consumers.

Here is a screenshot where SNS is listed on the Chemi Nutra website to verify that we do use actual Mediator Phosphatidic Acid:

Mediator screen shot - brands work with.PNG

Last edited:
Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
176.6 lbs this morning. Crazy how the junk meal weight drops off when back on diet. I'm gonna stay the course as long as strength in the gym is good. Hoping for a bit of a recomp out of this and still have a bit of a belly.

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Push day

Flat bench

30kg x 10
40kg x 10
50kg x 10
60kg x 10
70kg x 5 (pb)

Incline dumbbell press

22.5kg x 15
25kg x 13
25kg x 9

Dips

Bodyweight X 10,8,7

Overhead machine press

27.5kg x 12
35kg x 6
27.5kg x 9

Can't quite get in the groove with this machine so will stick to dumbells in future. Or maybe barbell.

Tricep pushdowns

24.5kg x 15
31.5kg x 8
31.5kg x 8
31.5kg x 6

Used a different machine than usual for these and the weights feel lighter. Must be to do with the way the pulleys are set up. Either way I have noted it so can still monitor progress.

Cable flyes

27.5kg x 12
27.5kg x 10
27.5kg x 7

Normally do these after presses but machine was taken so did them at the end. Felt heavy and used less weight than last time. I think my chest thought the workout was over so by the time I did these it was fairly fatigued. Possibly should have left them out.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Probably a good way to end the workout though by exhausting the chest even more with flys. I typically start with flys if I’m doing any chest to warm up.

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So a question on progressive resistance. In an ideal world you gain in every set or at least final set of an exercise with either more reps or more weight. Let's say you do the workout that I did above then I beat my bench by 5 kilos then is the aim to at least match the other sets and reps on the following exercises? I could put so much into bench that I actually perform worse on a following exercise. What do you do in these situations. Always guage your strength levels on the first exercise of a bodypart? Rotate exercises so you perform bench last and see if your stronger on the others? Just interested on people's take on this.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
So a question on progressive resistance. In an ideal world you gain in every set or at least final set of an exercise with either more reps or more weight. Let's say you do the workout that I did above then I beat my bench by 5 kilos then is the aim to at least match the other sets and reps on the following exercises? I could put so much into bench that I actually perform worse on a following exercise. What do you do in these situations. Always guage your strength levels on the first exercise of a bodypart? Rotate exercises so you perform bench last and see if your stronger on the others? Just interested on people's take on this.
That's a spiderweb of thoughts there. Put really simply I think the first objective is to identify what your #1 goal is. You might have a few different goals. I know you said you were 6' tall but only 177 and putting on size was important to you, it sounds like strength is also important. (they are cohesive and generally correlate but not with a perfect 1:1 ratio.).

If goal #1 is to build a bigger bench make that the emphasis, accessories are important but less important. pop into some of the other logs here like Hyde's https://anabolicminds.com/community/threads/hyde’s-strength-odyssey.299936/page-150

You'll see while power lifting strength (squat/dead/bench) is the priority/#1 goal, the accessories often have PRs too, but chasing a PR on my tricep extensions, lateral shoulder raises, GCBP all come second fiddle to a great bench.

Over time you'll likely find your accessory lifts going up but they are accessories to the main lift. Someone else may reply with a better answer to your question but I'll give you an example:

On a given bench day I may be completely gassed after my benching. so when i follow up with CGBP, laterals, tricep extensions, inclines, etc I may use the same weight I've used for months focused on sets of 10-15 reps for hypertrophy and pump.

On a day where my bench numbers are lower reps and it doesn't leave me gassed I'll have what I need to push my CGBP or other accessory lifts into an accessory PR.

Wendler talked a bit about getting accessories in just for the sake of getting them in on his 5/3/1 programming. He talked about hitting your 5/3/1 numbers then if you were doing say dips as an accessory he didn't care if you were doing 10 x 10 or 20 x 5 or a set of 100 just trying to get the work in.

It's both more complicated and more simple than I'm expressing (sorry), but objective number one is always identifying goal #1 and building around that IMO.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
There are a lot of different opinions on that and there isn't one correct answer. Like you said, you could go all out on one exercise to beat your previous best but then perform worse on subsequent ones - so which is better? The truth is that no one knows.

I'm a big fan of listening to your body - not pushing so hard on a weight that your joints, tendons, or ligaments risk injury just to go up. For example, getting back into things after having a broken leg and broken shoulder, I can probably do more on dumbbell bench than I'm letting myself do right now currently - but I'm starting to feel it in ways I'm not supposed to, so I'm good with staying there and then increasing strength on other things later in the workout.

I always look at it as progress overall in the total yield weight from a workout. If I'm doing 15 sets for chest, let's say I stay the same weight and reps on flat and incline dumbbell (exercises 1 and 2), but then increase my weight &/or reps on exercises 3 and 4, then my progressive load for the workout was higher. However, let's say I pushed too hard on dumbbells and did more weight but my shoulder hurt and I went down on exercises 3 and 4, my progressive load may have been lower.

I hope I explained that in a way that makes sense.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I'm a big fan of listening to your body - not pushing so hard on a weight that your joints, tendons, or ligaments risk injury just to go up.
This is the biggest challenge often times when you are chasing very heavy very real PRs. I come from an extreme sports background so I accept the risk of injury is always there, but I do my best to mitigate it with intelligent decisions based upon how things are going. I still accept that as long as I'm chasing heavy weights though, the risk is there

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
This is the biggest challenge often times when you are chasing very heavy very real PRs. I come from an extreme sports background so I accept the risk of injury is always there, but I do my best to mitigate it with intelligent decisions based upon how things are going. I still accept that as long as I'm chasing heavy weights though, the risk is there
Yeah, it really is goal dependent.

I know from what we've discussed before that your goals right now are PR's and I'm very happy for you at how you've progressed; its been awesome and I think and hope that you're going to accomplish your goals.

I've never lifted for max lifts myself and have tried a lot of training styles over the years, but I've always gauged my strength by the weight I can do for the desired rep range I'm working in at the time. My goals have always been more functional strength and appearance instead of max lifts.

Now, with starting back training after the accident, I'm trying to lift smart and listen to my body and I've gone back to the training style that works the best for me because at 45 and coming back from what I've been through, I kind of view this as my last chance at getting back to the shape I'd like to achieve. So, I'm going all out on the supplements and I'm doing the diet and training style that works best for me. I'm kind of at that - sense of urgency, running out of time and no more time to experiment point for myself personally haha.

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Great info, thanks guys. I am finding also that I am really starting to push harder on some exercises and I'm starting to get aches and pains that are more joint and/or tendon related rather than just Dom's. I have pinched a nerve in my shoulder (not true put my back out nerve pinching) and I can feel it when I move my head around. It's nothing debilitating but need to keep aware of it.

I've been back at the gym now for just under two months so wonder if I should maybe have a deload week and go for higher reps and feel at lighter weights.

I have lifted heavier than this in my life, I think I maybe touched on this in my intro. So when I say pb now it is probably a pb since being in my 40s. I have ran oral cycles in the past and in my mid thirties weighed about 210 - 215 lbs with the same waist size I pretty much have now. I was benching 110kg for reps so I weighed almost 40lbs more and lifter 40kg more so I sometimes find it frustrating not to be hitting the same weight and have to be realistic without giving myself excuses not to try.

Having said that I think now that I'm training "natural" that there is some muscle memory taking place that has helped me get back into the swing of things and get the weights creeping up maybe faster than would be the norm.

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Today also marks the first week on phosphatidic acid. Not too much to report. I have had some solid pumps while using it, I do also use a pump formula pre so I cant say that it's down to the PA. There may be a nutrient partitioning thing going on. I've had days where I've felt hungrier than normal. Again, could just be down to lifting heavier in the gym but it's not something I've noticed in the weeks leading up to starting this log. I've also had days where because of this I have eaten three or four hundred more calories in a day and my weight still hovers round the 177 lb mark. I am happy at this weight. As long as strength seems to be improving I will keep at it until I'm happy with my midsection then will start to add on more calories regularly.

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
If you are training to failure then your rest periods become an important part. Id say 3 minutes is a goos amount of time to rest between all out sets. This way you should be able to progress on more than one lift at a time. Id also recommend to micro load, so that means instead of big jumps in weight that might be very taxing on CNS and increase injury risk, do the smallest possible jumps. I bring 0,25kg and 0,5kg plates to the gym. This way i can always load in a way that is safer but also gives progression.

Also think as your workout have 3 variables: intensity, volume and frequency. You can only go hard on 2 of the 3 if you want to be able to recover. So pick the ones that suit you the best.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
There is a million ways to do this, biggest is just sticking with what you choose as a way to monitor progress through whatever your planned training cycle/plan is.

What you focus on is going to be different depending on your goals.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I am really starting to push harder on some exercises and I'm starting to get aches and pains that are more joint and/or tendon related rather than just Dom's.
@sns8778 has a good joint supplement called Joint XT
I also enjoy adding fish oil for my joints and occasional dry skin in the winter.

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So just for transparency I have purchased myself some of this. I will explain the reasons why in a separate log. Apologies to anyone who was hoping I would run the PAXT solo to try and evaluate its effects. I'm still keeping it SNS though.
IMG_20230817_164124.jpeg

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Apologies to anyone who was hoping I would run the PAXT solo to try and evaluate its effects. I'm still keeping it SNS though.
I've never run PAXT solo. I've run it twice.

June
PAXT
EpiAndroLean

Now:
PAXT
Anabolic Effect
Anabolic XT
Alpha Gel

I thought it was the epiandrolean that gave me insane pumps and all day muscle firmness but when I finished that and PAXT at the same time, I only brought back the paxt and I feel like my results with my current stack are similar to when I ran epi. I had a deadlift PR yesterday and expect a bench PR soon so the current stack seems as good as the last stack.

I might go PAXT + Alpha Gel next

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Did a pull day today. Shortened workout. Very tired from work, prefer working out in the am plus only had about 4 to 5 hours sleep so I wimped out on the pull ups and also did no delt specific stuff that I normally do on pull day.

Seated rows pulley machine

28.5kg x 15
33.5kg x 15
38.5kg x 10
38.5kg x 8

Pull downs underhand grip
38.5kg x 15
43.5kg x 15
48.5kg x 8

Cable bicep curls
12.5kg x 15
15kg x 15
17.5kg x 15
21kg x 15

Stacks1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Early on I used to do the typical volume training bro split workouts. All free weights, lots of pyramiding... the usual popular stuff back then. Fast forward maybe 10 years or so and I got introduced to Mentzer's HIT. I never had much interest in it because I always thought it looked kind of like a lazy person's routine with the single working set and 95% machines rather than free weights, etc. - boy was I wrong. It's a brutal workout if it's done correctly. Ever since then, I've always had a flavor of HIT in my workouts.

Unfortunately, HIT is not something I am able to do in its purest form because it (in my opinion) requires a training partner. And that's where most people seem to get HIT wrong. A partner will actually get your muscles to failure by helping with forced reps, negatives, etc. And if you really want to know if you're hitting failure, then you can wear a heart rate monitor and you will see your HR spike once you approach failure. When I did HIT in it's purest form I would always wear one sometimes getting my HR above 200 and only did it with a training partner.

So why am I telling you this? Well with this style of training I would start off on say an incline machine bench press and do 1 working set to failure - and that was it. After that single set it didn't matter if I did flys, tricep extensions, shoulder press, lateral raise, etc. all of my lifts were going to be significantly lowered than if I had started with that exercise. So does it matter how much weight/reps you do on the next exercise? Sure... somewhat. But I had it down to a science and I knew that if I failed with a HR of 165 on bench the prior week and I failed with a HR of 190 on bench this week, I was actually going to be weaker for the rest of my workout compared to my prior week because I went further beyond the failure point.

So to answer your question... I would recommend (or at least it's what I do) rotating exercises so you can perform other exercises first in your workout to gauge your strength levels.

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Should be leg day today. Gonna go light I think. I've developed some lower back pain over the last few days. Could be from trying too hard maybe. Will probably go for more reps and work on form.

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So leg day.

It seems that pushing too hard on leg press was what has twinged my lower back.

Leg extensions

20kg x 20
35kg x 20
50kg x 20
50kg x 20

A few rest pauses near the end. The lactic acid pain was real.

Leg curls

20kg x 20
35kg x 20
50kg x 20
50kg x 20

Leg adductor

14k x 20

These were pretty easy but never used this machine before in my life and didn't want to wake up tomorrow with groin strain.

Abductor

14kg x 20
21kg x 20
28kg x 20
35kg x 20

Did a light set of 20 rep leg press but back pain was quite sore on it so didn't want to push it any further. Could be a form thing. I am aware not to round the lower back. Next leg day won't be for a few days so will see if squats feel better or maybe swap out for hex bar dead lifts.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Did a light set of 20 rep leg press but back pain was quite sore on it so didn't want to push it any further.
sometimes I can tell i'm a little out of position when I feel some tenderness around the lumbar area while on leg press, although I don't leg press often so it's not really something I practice. my knee jerk reaction for something like that is always to incorporate more RDL's. always seems to fix a sore back for me.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
177.8 lbs ate about 1000 cals extra yesterday as I was working till almost midnight and there was free food on the go. Only gained a pound but will see if it goes higher tomorrow. If not there is definitely some better nutrient partitioning going on.

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Push day

Inclined dumbell press

10kg x 12
15kg x 12
20kg x 12
25kg x 12
27.5kg x 10 (pb)

Barbell bench

40kg x 12
50kg x 8
60kg x 8
70kg x 4

Machine flyes

70kg x 12
70kg x 12
63kg x 11

Overhead barbell press

15kg x 12
20kg x 12
25kg x 12

Tricep push downs

15kg x 15
20kg x 10
15kg x 15

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Nice push day! Looks like you are really getting in the groove awesome work!

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Nice push day! Looks like you are really getting in the groove awesome work!
Yeah I shuffled the exercises round a bit and really concentrated on slow essentrics etc.

Still, pleased to get a pb on the inclined press and I still managed to almost equal last workouts on flat bench after. I liked how bench felt after the dumbell work instead of warming up with bench. The dumbells allowed better range of motion for my delts which bench doesn't allow.

I think I will repeat this again next push day. Will possibly substitute seated overhead dumbell press instead of barbell military presses though. Either way both are better than the gyms overhead press machine.

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So my stomach had been feeling way better then today it got worse again.

Surprise surprise I used both ghost size and ghost all out today which together contain 5 grams of betaine that I had pretty much established was causing the upset.

I don't know why I'm always stupid enough to think that just because I've started feeling better it won't effect me this time.

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So update in the PAXT. Cos that's what this logs supposed to be about...

So far there could be better utilisation of calories and nutrient partitioning. I seem to be getting away with more calories while hovering around the 177 lb mark.

Strength is still creeping up.

My goal is still to recomp. Trickyest of all goals and the slowest to see progress. I still have fat over my abs so I figure as long as I'm getting stronger and not increasing in weight I should slowly be burning the fat away.

Finally I'm noticing a semi permanent pump in my chest and shoulders. Comes and goes but had it yesterday and last push day was a few days ago before today. Slight Dom's in my lats still from a couple of days ago so overall feeling good.

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
"My goal is still to recomp. Trickyest of all goals and the slowest to see progress. I still have fat over my abs so I figure as long as I'm getting stronger and not increasing in weight I should slowly be burning the fat away."

I'm actually wondering if for the sake of this cycle I should push calories just over maintenance in order to give the PAXT a better chance to do its thing

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Oh and groin strain lol. That will be those 14kg adductors from two days ago.

Not really strain just doms I guess.

Last edited:

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
"My goal is still to recomp. Trickyest of all goals and the slowest to see progress. I still have fat over my abs so I figure as long as I'm getting stronger and not increasing in weight I should slowly be burning the fat away."

I'm actually wondering if for the sake of this cycle I should push calories just over maintenance in order to give the PAXT a better chance to do its thing
PA in particular should shift protein synthesis positively and decrease breakdown so it should be helpful in pretty much any type of effort. It’s the kind of ingredient that really is just “amplifying” the signal you are sending.

If training and diet are adequate it should only help that effort.

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Like Resolve10 stated it is going to shine at whatever signals you are sending. Sounds like you are caught in the age old question, cut or not to cut. I think either way you are going to see progress and results!

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Like Resolve10 stated it is going to shine at whatever signals you are sending. Sounds like you are caught in the age old question, cut or not to cut. I think either way you are going to see progress and results!
True. I'm a pretty skinny guy. I think most people would say to just get some food down and see what I look like at maybe 185. In the past I could cut on an oral cycle and the waistline would trim up but I wouldn't lose size I recon doing it now everything is just gonna get thinner. But hey I'll see how the next few workouts go. I'll use strength levels as a guide. If lifts go down or even stay the same for a bit then I'll up the cals.

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
True. I'm a pretty skinny guy. I think most people would say to just get some food down and see what I look like at maybe 185. In the past I could cut on an oral cycle and the waistline would trim up but I wouldn't lose size I recon doing it now everything is just gonna get thinner. But hey I'll see how the next few workouts go. I'll use strength levels as a guide. If lifts go down or even stay the same for a bit then I'll up the cals.
Depends on what your ultimate goal is, if you don’t have a lot of fat to lose then I would almost say cut until you are rid of what you want to lose. Yes you will sacrifice lifts but then when you hit that mark,start your climb up. Run for a while on maintenance to find baseline then add calories to bulk.

Not that I’m saying either way is a the way to go because it’s your goals routine just throwing ideas out there!

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Pull day today

Pull downs underhand grip

20kg x 15
28kg x 15
38.5kg x 15
43.5kg x 15
48.5kg x 10
48.5kg x 8

Seated rows wide grip

28.5kg x 15
28.5kg x 15
28.5kg x 15

Bodyweight pull-ups with dead hangs

X4
X4
X3

Cable bicep curls

17.5kg x 15
21kg x 15
24.5kg x 8

Bit light on volume. Not feeling great today feel like I'm coming down with a possible cold.

Didn't help that air con is broken in the gym. You wouldn't think that would make much difference in the UK but damn. Still beat my last underhand pulldown and cable curl numbers though.

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Feeling worse this morning. I am totally playing my "skip leg day" card. Day off tomorrow. If I'm feeling up to it I may do legs or skip it and go back to push. If I feel worse then no gym.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
i skipped legs today .. went and saw my crush and did arms #noshame

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Feeling worse this morning. I am totally playing my "skip leg day" card. Day off tomorrow. If I'm feeling up to it I may do legs or skip it and go back to push. If I feel worse then no gym.
I hope that you feel better.

I felt run down all week last week myself. I normally try to do legs twice a week and I missed one of my leg days because of it myself because I knew if I pushed too much I was just going to feel worse.

It's that time of the year where allergies are bad, the cold is going around, and a lot of people are coming down with Covid. I know in my area, we've had a lot of people sick with it and I know 2 company owners in the last month to have had it, one of which it was really rough for.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
this is why I always start the week with legs lol. then no matter how the week unfolds, legs get it. (well, it's a deadlift day for me)

went and saw my crush and did arms #noshame
are you referring to Rosey Palm? Or was it Palmala Anderson? By arms, do you mean forearms?

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So keeping within the SNS family I have invested in a new creatine and non stim preworkout. After my stomach upset at the weekend I removed all betaine ghost products and other powdered supplements besides protein for a day or two and stomach instantly got better.

So creatine HCL is to replace ghost build, I know it doesn't have betaine and the other ingredients but it was mainly for the creatine I got it.

I have also replaced ghost pump. I actually really liked it and had no issues but it's all used up so thought I would remove more flavoured powders from my regimen and go with this. I may get some stand alone beta alanine and citrulline to go with it at some point then either plain old caffeine caps if I want to go stim or something like jack3d with its 5g serving size just to add a kick.
IMG_20230822_222036.jpeg