SNS Phosphatidic Acid XT log

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Running Phosphatidic Acid XT to see what effects it has on muscle gain and/or strength in the gym.

I have recently got back to the gym the first time in months (possibly over a year). I have slowly been rebuilding my strength in lifts to the point where I'm starting to plateau. Hoping this will help with strength and allow me to continue to progress.

Last edited:
Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Some info.

Currently weigh 177lbs. I'm a 6 foot slim guy who currently still has a bit of a dad bod belly. Already noticing more definition in chest, arms, back and legs since starting back at the gym. In the past I have ran prohormones and sarms (without a true test base) and had solid results but since I developed some gyno a year back I am now avoiding anything hormonal.

I'm not a super strong lifter, go back about 10 years when I was as my biggest (ran megavol) I weighed 215 lbs with a 34 inch waist and was benching 110kg for three reps. Now I am benching 60kg so a fair bit off. Easing back in though. Don't want an injury especially at my age (48).

I log everything, diet and training so will update on here workouts and for the purposes of this log I will highlight PBs based on best weights since starting back at the gym.

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Diet wise I'm pretty happy as getting back to the gym seems to have spiked my metabolism. I am able to maintain at 3000 calories on workout days and slightly less on off days. I have never been able to eat this amount and not gain fat so it's great to be able to eat so much food.

Diet at the moment is pretty much the same daily.

Breakfast

3 whole eggs plus 80gms muesli with 150ml skimmed milk

Post workout

Bowl of frosted flakes plus 1 scoop protein shake in water

Lunch

4 chicken legs, apple, banana plus grenade protein bar

Dinner

Baked potato, tin tuna (125 gm), veg (broccoli, carrots, sweetcorn), small amount of low fat mayo, horse radish mixed in with potato and sriracha sauce on the veggies.

Pre bed

1 scoop of protein powder in 3 heaped tablespoons greek yogurt. 1 tablespoon peanut butter.

Last edited:
Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Supplement regime.

At the moment I'm going through a ghost lifestyle fan boy faze.

I drink 1 scoop ghost burn upon waking.

Preworkout I take ghost pump.

I use ghost protein and with my post workout shake I take multi, extra vit C, vit D, omegas.

I take usn micronised creatine.

During the day at work I will drink ghost gamer, sometimes non stim.

Mid to late afternoon I take one USP labs oxyelite pro.

Pre bed is ghost protein again in my yogurt.

I was using ghost size plus ghost all out sometimes preworkout but I think betaine gives me an update stomach so have stopped them for now and just use the usn creatine.

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Body split is push pull legs, with extra days off here and there. I don't usually do 6 days in a row so probably train every body part every 4 or 5 days.

Today was legs

Barbell squats

20kg x 10
30kg x 10
40kg x 6
50kg x 6
60kg x 6 (pb)

Leg press

65kg x 8
95kg x 8
100kg x 6

Leg curls

65kg x 15
72.5kg x 9
72.5kg x 8

Leg extension

65kg x 12
72.5kg x 9
72.5kg x 9

That's it.

I'm clearly not a very strong guy but I was also a "skip leg day" guy for years and then when I did start squatting I was trying to ego lift, wasn't going past parallel and raised my heels on plates. My form is much better now and today was my first day not raising heels as I feel that's a bad habit to have. I did more flexibility stretches before hand today. I'm tall and long limbed so it can be a challenge. I wear under armour flat training shoes incase anyone wonders.

I'm pretty happy with the weights here to be honest and will work on getting the reps up while maintaining form. I don't work out with a partner so I don't have a spotter for squats and treat them more as a warm up exercise.

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So jumped the gun on the log because that's my PAXT just turned up. Eaten lunch just now so took 4 but from tomorrow I will take all 4 with breakfast if I'm working out am and on days I work out later will probably take with preworkout meal. Or maybe two with breakfast and 2 preworkout.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
nice in to see how it treats you

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I have found the PA XT to kick in the hardest around week 2 for me. I take 2 in the a.m. when brushing teeth and 2 more a little later in the day a few hours preWO. I would not be opposed to increasing that though. the pumps are great once it fully loads into your system.

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Are you going to run 1 or 2 bottles?
I only have one bottle at the moment but if good things are happening in a few weeks I will get another. Provided it's still available.

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I have found the PA XT to kick in the hardest around week 2 for me. I take 2 in the a.m. when brushing teeth and 2 more a little later in the day a few hours preWO. I would not be opposed to increasing that though. the pumps are great once it fully loads into your system.
Notice that the bottle says take with a high protein meal. Do you take your morning dose on an empty stomach. Asking because I was getting some bad stomach upset from various supplements recently. Incidentally I took 4 with lunch and I feel fine.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I only have one bottle at the moment but if good things are happening in a few weeks I will get another. Provided it's still available.
since you are still early on your return to the gym you're going to get newbie gains and your ROI is going to be a lot higher even without additional supplementation, this might make it harder to discern what the supplements are doing for you. However from my experience I'd say around week 2 if you notice that the PA XT is contributing to better pumps and you're enjoying it... I'd order my next bottle asap so that you don't have to run out in between. I took it in June and loved it. I let it run out and after about a week or 2 I could totally tell the difference so I ordered more asap.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Notice that the bottle says take with a high protein meal. Do you take your morning dose on an empty stomach. Asking because I was getting some bad stomach upset from various supplements recently. Incidentally I took 4 with lunch and I feel fine.
Right now when I brush my teeth (4:30-5am) I take:
3 anabolic effect
3 anabolic XT
2 joint xt
1 sabroxy
2 pa xt.

Then I pack a matching quantity of each of those in a little tupperware I take to work. I have my breakfast (carbs and protein) around 7am. and from around 8am-11am I pound the rest of the pills with my water from the morning. I tend to hit the gym either at 11am if I can at lunch, or around 3pm-4pm in the afternoon after work.

I was taking 2 other supps too but the pill regiment was just too extreme so I'm saving my additional stuff until I run out of Anabolic effect and Anabolic XT then I'll bring my lead edge etc back in. I've never had stomach issues from any of these products.

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
177.6 lbs this morning.

Swapped out my muesli for two slices of white toast with 30g peanut butter. Calories about the same although macros slightly different. Will also eat my lunchtime banana within 30 minutes of the gym to try and get some more carbs in preworkout.

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Workout

Chest/tris

Flat bench

20kg x 10
30kg x 10
40kg x 10
50kg x 10
60kg x 10
65kg x 6 (pb)

Machine press

42.5kg x 12
57.5kg x 12
65kg x 6

Fly machine

70kg x 15
77kg x 12
84kg x 9

Tricep pushdowns

15kg x 15
20kg x 12
20kg x 12

I supersetted these with cable crunches. Which isn't really a push day exercise but I usually neglect abs and it's easy to squeeze these in between sets as it's on the same equipment.

Supposed to do an overhead press movement too but didn't have the time today.

Can still bench more than I can squat. Very strong on machine flyes. I think this is from when I was a teenager and my mum got me pumping iron on VHS and I became mesmerised with the scene of Arnold doing flat bench dumbbell flyes and his chest flexes so much you can't hardly see his face. I got 10kg dumbbells for a birthday and all I did was flyes lying on the floor (then on a kitchen bench). Got to the point where I was doing 100 rep sets.

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Workout

Chest/tris

Flat bench

20kg x 10
30kg x 10
40kg x 10
50kg x 10
60kg x 10
65kg x 6 (pb)

Machine press

42.5kg x 12
57.5kg x 12
65kg x 6

Fly machine

70kg x 15
77kg x 12
84kg x 9

Tricep pushdowns

15kg x 15
20kg x 12
20kg x 12

I supersetted these with cable crunches. Which isn't really a push day exercise but I usually neglect abs and it's easy to squeeze these in between sets as it's on the same equipment.

Supposed to do an overhead press movement too but didn't have the time today.

Can still bench more than I can squat. Very strong on machine flyes. I think this is from when I was a teenager and my mum got me pumping iron on VHS and I became mesmerised with the scene of Arnold doing flat bench dumbbell flyes and his chest flexes so much you can't hardly see his face. I got 10kg dumbbells for a birthday and all I did was flyes lying on the floor (then on a kitchen bench). Got to the point where I was doing 100 rep sets.
Heck yeah nice workout! Won’t be long and you will get that nice all day pump/full feeling from the PA. Then you can yell to everyone “ get to da chopper!”

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
No workouts over the weekend due to job. Next week will be.

Monday:- pull
Tuesday:- legs
Wednesday:- push
Thursday:- off
Friday:- pull
Saturday:- legs
Sunday:- off
That's a good split. Although I like push day so i'd probably do two push days and one leg day.

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
That's a good split. Although I like push day so i'd probably do two push days and one leg day.
Yeah looking into this. I used to skip leg days all together so don't want to start coming up with excuses to not do them. Having said that because my legs are weak AF I'm finding that they are still sore 3 or 4 days after their work out so I could maybe get away with once per week. If I do the plan above then the following week push would get two days in the week. If I'm feeling like I have enough energy I may not take the Thursday off so Thursday would be pull, Friday legs then Saturday push and Sunday off. I'll see how I'm feeling with work.

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Diet change. Still having stomach issues. Nothing to do with the PAXT. Swapping muesli out for oatabix. More processed but I find it easier on the stomach. Also chicken legs swapped for 150g chicken, a mix of light and dark chicken meat pulled from whole chicken. Means I can weigh easier as the weight of chicken legs can be all over the place. I have stopped all supplements over the weekend apart from the PAXT and my creatine. Seeing if the reduction in powders helps my stomach. Some days I'm taking ghost burn then 30 mins later ghost gamer non stim, then 30 minutes later ghost pump then post workout more ghost gamer and then more ghost burn in the afternoon plus a protein powder twice per day. Could be this that's causing issues.

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Digestion can be tricky so its always hard to nail down whats causing the issue. It can be a new food that you react too or you can have eaten a food for years and built up an intoleranse to it. Im not a "artificial sweetners are the devil" kinda person, but with 5 servings of Ghost Products plus 2 servings of protein powder, that might have an impact on your microbiome.

I think you are handling it the right way. Remove supps and if that doesnt help, remove/change 1 food for a week and see if that helps. If not, then do the same with another food the next week etc.

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Digestion can be tricky so its always hard to nail down whats causing the issue. It can be a new food that you react too or you can have eaten a food for years and built up an intoleranse to it. Im not a "artificial sweetners are the devil" kinda person, but with 5 servings of Ghost Products plus 2 servings of protein powder, that might have an impact on your microbiome.

I think you are handling it the right way. Remove supps and if that doesnt help, remove/change 1 food for a week and see if that helps. If not, then do the same with another food the next week etc.
Cheers. Appreciate the advice. It started when I introduced ghost size. Since I have used creatine for years I presumed it was the betaine so I stopped using it and it's been over a week with no difference. I was switching from gamer to burn for my stims because I like how burn makes me feel first thing in the morning when I drink it. I am not intending to continue with gamer just taking it daily to use it up really. Only a few scoops left so when it's gone I will just be burn and pump. And protein. I may switch to centurion labz legion instead of burn when it's ran out as it's a decent pill burner. I like the wired feeling it's not because I necessarily think it's helping me burn fat. If I'm on an early for work (like today) I'm up at 3:30 am and don't get home until about 4pm in the afternoon. I also have a three mile walk to work and am on my feet the whole day apart from a 30 minute lunch break so it's long days. Normally I would go to the gym after too but on weekends the gym closes at 4 so that's why no gym for me today and tomorrow.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
177.6 lbs this morning.

Swapped out my muesli for two slices of white toast with 30g peanut butter. Calories about the same although macros slightly different. Will also eat my lunchtime banana within 30 minutes of the gym to try and get some more carbs in preworkout.
Muesli is just kinda like a cold overnight oats bowl right? Or am I thinking of something else

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Diet change. Still having stomach issues. Nothing to do with the PAXT. Swapping muesli out for oatabix. More processed but I find it easier on the stomach. Also chicken legs swapped for 150g chicken, a mix of light and dark chicken meat pulled from whole chicken. Means I can weigh easier as the weight of chicken legs can be all over the place. I have stopped all supplements over the weekend apart from the PAXT and my creatine. Seeing if the reduction in powders helps my stomach. Some days I'm taking ghost burn then 30 mins later ghost gamer non stim, then 30 minutes later ghost pump then post workout more ghost gamer and then more ghost burn in the afternoon plus a protein powder twice per day. Could be this that's causing issues.
I find it very hard for myself to digest oats, whole grain breads and pastas, brown rice, ect. I can do about 1 serving a day. But if I stick to white rice, potatoes and fruit for carbs, all my digestive issues get better.

Meat, Greek yogurt and high water content fruits and vegetables is the key to fixing my gut issues, then i add the rice or potatoes to get my carbs when needed. Just thought it was worth mentioning if you are having gut trouble.

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
It's like a mixture of oats with dried fruit wheat flakes and sometimes nuts. And usually eaten cold yes

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Weight today was 180.6 lbs. I expected a bit of a bump. Wedding anniversary this week and yesterday's dinner was a cheat meal with the wife. Restaurant bacon cheeseburger, chips (fries), breaded garlic mushrooms, breaded calamari and a slap of chocolate fudge cake with ice cream. I expect the weight to come back down in a day or so.

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Daily food moving forward will be

Breakfast

3 whole eggs
3 Oatabix with 150ml milk
Cals 602
C 55.5
F 25.2
P 31.5

Mid morning

Grenade protein bar
Cals 233
C 20g
F 10g
P 21g

Lunch

150g chicken
Apple plus banana
Cals 450
C 53
F 6
P 53.5

Post workout (swap with protein bar if workout is in the morning)

Frosted flakes (30g) with 150ml skimmed milk
Protein shake in water.

Cals 313
C 37.5g
F 4
P 35g

Dinner

Baked potato, 125g tuna, veg and sauces.
Cals 315
C 40g
F 3g
P 30.7g

Evening

Greek yogurt with protein powder plus 15g peanut butter
Cals 406
C 18g
F 17g
P 39g

Totals

Cals 2318
C 224
F 65.2
P 210.7

Calories a bit lower with the change in cerial and chicken from legs with skin on. Will see what happens to bodyweight as I am not looking to cut too much weight if any. I can always add some cheese to my eggs and increase serving sizes of yogurt and cerials

Last edited:
Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
178.4 lbs this morning.

Didn't sleep too well. Probably nothing to do with the PAXT but more to do with having to get up at 3:30 for work again. Woke up at 1am to go to the toilet and couldn't get back to sleep.

Stomach has started feeling a lot better though

Last edited:
LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
178 lbs exactly this morning. Realise I made a typo last post and put 188.4 meant to be 178.4 so have corrected. Just in case anyone wondered how I gained 8 lbs over night.

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Pull day

Seated row machine

35kg x 15
50kg x 15
65kg x 15
80kg x 9
80kg x 8

Pull down machine

57kg x 15
72.5kg x 11
72.5kg x 9

Underhand bodyweight pull-ups

X 3 + 3 negatives

Machine reverse flyes

28kg x 15
28kg x 13
28kg x 11

Cable lateral raise one arm at a time.

6.25kg x 15
6 25kg x 15
6.25kg x 15

Dumbbell curls standing

17.5kg dumbells x 12, x 10, x 8

Used to do pull ups first and got a couple more reps but not really warming up unless I spent 20 minutes on a specific warm up. Doing at the end of back means less reps but I can use the rows as a warm up. The gym does have assisted pull up machine too but I don't like using it. I feel that support muscles are removed from the movement so easier but not a true warm up for bodyweight pull ups. That's probably just me though.

Feel good. Risked using ghost legend all out so will see what effect it has on my stomach. Stomach still feels better although not 100%. Felt good in my back, crazy pump in delts and arms by the end. Could be PAXT or simply using preworkout for the first time in a couple of days.

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Should be legs tomorrow. Part of me wants to skip and do push day. I'll see how I feel. I have been watching a lot of leg press tutorials and I think I am going to lower the weight and go for more slow reps with lower foot possitions to help really feel it. I did the same with my squat and feel better doing them. I'm still kinda ego lifting on leg press and not really doing the exercise justice.

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Should be legs tomorrow. Part of me wants to skip and do push day. I'll see how I feel. I have been watching a lot of leg press tutorials and I think I am going to lower the weight and go for more slow reps with lower foot possitions to help really feel it. I did the same with my squat and feel better doing them. I'm still kinda ego lifting on leg press and not really doing the exercise justice.
Not that it works for everyone, but one thing I do to help feel my quads. I start on leg press work my way up to working sets crank those out, go to leg extension really pause at the top flexing hard. Then I go hit squats, my legs are fried taters after that for me it’s seems to activate well.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
dont we all bro .. each time i know its leg day coming up next try to find excuses lol

yeah no need to go heavy imo yeah thats a good plan .. if you start out heavy sometimes you will think twice next week of doing legs .. i keep it very simple when it comes to it ..foot positioning def helps feel more glutes

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Not that it works for everyone, but one thing I do to help feel my quads. I start on leg press work my way up to working sets crank those out, go to leg extension really pause at the top flexing hard. Then I go hit squats, my legs are fried taters after that for me it’s seems to activate well.
Was considering this. I think leg press would be a good warm up instead of going straight to squats. Not sure about my form in squats after the other exercises though. I can't squat much weight as it is.

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Was considering this. I think leg press would be a good warm up instead of going straight to squats. Not sure about my form in squats after the other exercises though. I can't squat much weight as it is.
You won’t after leg press and leg extensions. Sometimes I’ll also do lying leg curls before squats too. Keep the weight low enough to be able to hold form but able to get good reps.

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So have decided to go legs today. Had eggs and a couple of chicken sausages my wife made at about 7am. Had 3 Oatabix at 9am. Will have my usual lunch banana preworkout and also take ghost pump. Had ghost burn at about 6am so no more stims and I took PAXT with my creatine at breakfast.

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So leg day happened. Squats did not. Because I used leg press as a warm up I did a lot more volume. Got a pb with weight however cheated on that set putting my hands on my thighs. All over sets well controlled, slow declines. Leg curls solid. Leg extensions new pb.

After this though I was done. Couldn't walk. Gave it 5 to 10 minutes and did go through to the squat room. Tried some warm up moves and couldn't even manage 8 bodyweight squats with good form. I tell you though I think this workout was better for my legs that the ones with the squats. My legs still feel more pumped up than ever and that's an hour after the workout. I may alternate and throw squats in every other leg workout. I don't really want to give up on them and I like the idea of giving the whole cns a workout.

Also have strong Dom's in my lats from yesterday so that's also a bonus.

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Legs

Leg press

20kg x 20
35kg x 15
50kg x 15
65kg x 15
80kg x 12
95kg x 8
110kg x 6 (hands on thighs)

Leg curls

65kg X 15
72.5kg x 10 (PB)
72.5kg x 9

Leg extensions

65kg x 15
72.5kg x 10 (pb)
72.5kg x 9

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
For me i have to do squats first thing for legs .. or i get lazy with it

i like to end with lunges but sometimes ill chose either squats in beginning or lunges at the end .. used to love doing both hopefully will get back to that stage once again.

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Good job! Sometimes thats all you need. Ive stopped barbell squatting completely and stick to machines for my heavier exercises. I feel safer and it suits my joints better.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Monday and Thursday are my leg days, hope you smash em hard!
Everyday is leg day. :p

Ya you don't have to necessarily squat! I am definitely biased towards them, but lots of ways to keep things interesting.

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Thinking I may do two different workouts alternating do one day do what I did today then next leg day do squats, lunges, maybe stiff legged deadlifts. I kinda do the same for chest, one day do flat bench then machines for presses and flyes then the next I was still doing flat bench but then incline dumbbell press and dumbell or cable flyes.