Do you want to see SNS offer a protein? Tell us what you want.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
not going to lie I didn’t read the whole thread. just came to throw my pennies.

I have tried alllll kinds of whey out there and over and over again I find myself going back to optimum nutrition’s gold standard 10lb bags. the mixability is what I like. no foam. no wait. mix it and down it.
No worries, I appreciate all input.

Optimum is impossible to compete with on 10 lb. sizes like that. I personally can't use theirs because it hurts my stomach, but they are a good reputable company.

jgraves31

jgraves31

Awards
Yes - I’d love to see you offer a protein. I trust you’ll provide the highest quality. All the flavors you decide upon I’ll probably try. That said, my current protocol is buying vanilla flavor of any brand, then I add cocoa/cacao, or cinnamon, or a packet of fruity flavoring (such as propel) to customize each serving to what sounds good that moment.

This is likely the only request you’ll get for this - but I’d prefer just the best quality protein blend (such as PES Select) and whey isolate possible. Unflavored. I’m growing increasingly weary of all the artificial sweeteners, etc in protein powders, EAA’s, etc. I consume a lot of these products daily, so an unflavored option would be my preferred choice. I understand this isn’t a reality or appealing to most though. Just providing you with my 2 cents.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Yes - I’d love to see you offer a protein. I trust you’ll provide the highest quality. All the flavors you decide upon I’ll probably try. That said, my current protocol is buying vanilla flavor of any brand, then I add cocoa/cacao, or cinnamon, or a packet of fruity flavoring (such as propel) to customize each serving to what sounds good that moment.

This is likely the only request you’ll get for this - but I’d prefer just the best quality protein blend (such as PES Select) and whey isolate possible. Unflavored. I’m growing increasingly weary of all the artificial sweeteners, etc in protein powders, EAA’s, etc. I consume a lot of these products daily, so an unflavored option would be my preferred choice. I understand this isn’t a reality or appealing to most though. Just providing you with my 2 cents.
Thank you for the suggestion and I really appreciate it.

I want to offer a good variety of flavors - and I do hope to be able to offer some that will be sweetened with natural sweeteners, but then some will use artificial ones because its just impossible to make certain flavors taste good with artificial ones.

I personally don't worry about artificial sweeteners myself, but am respectful of people that do.

I would certainly consider a plain one if there was enough demand for it.

I have not tried this personally because I haven't had an unflavored protein in probably 15 years, but I drink Ketogenic IsoWhey and Zero Carb (Whey Isolate/Micellar Casein Blend) and I love them, and they make an unflavored in both versions. My daughter does cook with them sometimes, but I haven't drank one of the unflavored personally. But its an excellent protein.

jgraves31

jgraves31

Awards
The reason I’m starting to worry now about artificial sweeteners is because I’ve never worried about them in the past. The prolonged, daily history of use is now on my mind.

Thank you for the suggestions on unflavored options. I’ll look into them.

I like a protein that mixes up a bit on the thicker side. So it can be consumed like an ice cream or yogurt with a spoon. I’ve been a huge fan of PES Select (the Blondie flavor was best, also enjoy Snickerdoodle) with just a little water. I’m here for anything to bring to market in the future, though!

It’s very admirable how you seek and listen to feedback.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I like a Blend Protein that mixes up thick, Chocolate, Peanut Butter & Coconut are a few on my favorites.

thatsuppguy

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Thank you and thank you for the suggestions.

I have a Creamsicle flavor down, and I was thinking a Rainbow Sherbet may be cool.

And thank you, I really appreciate that - brand loyalty and us giving this option to our customers is a big part of why I am wanting to offer a protein.
Very nice! Add a pre without Dynamine a d we are set. Ha! I don't know why, but that stuff makes me so irritable.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Thank you for the feedback.

I love Ketogenics Blueberry Muffin flavor myself. Blueberry Muffin flavor is one that I'm definitely open to doing if enough people are interested.
Man a solid blueberry muffin would be amazing. anything blueberry is easily my favorite type of baked good, would love something I could cook with!

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
@sns8778 if you make a protein, you better bet I’ll be buying it. I totally understand this would be a huge leap for you, after reading your in-depth posts about it. Vanilla, chocolate, cookies and cream, and “fruity” cereal would be great! What I mean by fruity cereal is fruit loops and not so much as fruity pebbles.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Oh, I forgot all about that Lemon Cream flavor back in the day and it was so thick with the micellar casein in it too.

@sns8778 Yeah, I know some people have other sensitivities to whey, which is why I mentioned allergies or food sensitivities as well. However most people who say they can't do WPC say it is lactose intolerance.

I would definitely be down with multi bottle purchase discounts as a bulk option instead of the 4-5lb jug!!!

I do have to say I like the Dymatize Fruity Pebbles flavor a lot. They actually had the cereal company make that flavor. Plus it is good mixed in with any fruity flavors.

Oh yeah, if you could figure out how to do a vanilla flavor that tastes like Blue Bell Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream you would have the number 1 selling vanilla on the market!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Coconut Cream Pie !!

offredjo

Awards
  • First Up Vote
There's a lot more to the subject you're asking about than appears at first glance.

First, let me answer your question as pertains to what we would use - yes, we would use a premium whey isolate like the ones that you're referring to.

Now, to answer specific things you asked about:

As they saying goes, if you got it flaunt it….so why aren’t more companies telling us if their protein is some some sort of cold processed microfiltered protein?

There is a simple reason for that - with the supply chain shortages and pricing insanity back during Covid, whey protein prices were through the roof and also at times certain types weren't available. As a brand, many would rather list it in overview terms because if they got super specific as to type, and then that type wasn't available, then what? They would be put in a position where they'd have to change labels, have retailers change listings, answer a zillion customer questions, have people accuse them of lessening their quality, etc. - when the reality may be that they were just trying to keep their product in stock.

I saw a lot of brands during Covid claim to be using ingredients that weren't available for long periods of time, whereas brands like NOW Foods, and even us - were out of products for a prolonged period because we simply weren't going to lie and use something other than what the label said.

It makes me wonder if their quality is really what they say it is.

I can see what that would make you question it - but on the reverse side, I actually question the brands more that were claiming it was a certain type and then they were miraculously selling it at the same price as always even when everyone else had to go up for a time. On my side, I actually questioned some of that more - as in feel like a lot of brands were just putting it on their labels but going with whatever was available.

Most recently I’ve been seeing a lot of labels stating they are using “Provon® 292 SFL Protein”

Provon is a branded ingredient form of protein from Glanbia. A brand can use that as their protein source without specifying on the label that that's the type that they are using. Why would a brand not want to specify? In the case of why would brands use branded ingredients and not want to flaunt it, 99% of the time it would never make sense - in this case it does, for two reasons:
1) Glanbia/Optimum Nutrition connection
2) If you stated Provon on the label and Glanbia ran out for 6 months, as a brand you're screwed. However, if you just state the technical protein type, you can try to source the exact same type or as close as possible from another vendor.

I hope that all makes sense.
This makes a lot of sense. Thanks for the in-depth response.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
If Steve makes it I will buy it !!

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
The reason I’m starting to worry now about artificial sweeteners is because I’ve never worried about them in the past. The prolonged, daily history of use is now on my mind.

Thank you for the suggestions on unflavored options. I’ll look into them.

I like a protein that mixes up a bit on the thicker side. So it can be consumed like an ice cream or yogurt with a spoon. I’ve been a huge fan of PES Select (the Blondie flavor was best, also enjoy Snickerdoodle) with just a little water. I’m here for anything to bring to market in the future, though!

It’s very admirable how you seek and listen to feedback.
I've never worried about them personally myself. I don't add them to anything for personal use, but I also don't go out of my way to avoid them either. I think that context is important and some of the information on the studies showing potential side effects from them are at dosages that just aren't realistic as applies to the average person.

You're welcome. I think you'd like those.

And thank you, I really appreciate that. I enjoy interacting with everyone and hearing everyone's ideas and suggestions.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Very nice! Add a pre without Dynamine a d we are set. Ha! I don't know why, but that stuff makes me so irritable.
If I remember correctly, the upcoming pre-workout to be launched later this year under CEL doesn't have Dynamine in it.

And pretty sure the pre that we have planned for later in the year under SNS won't either; but not 100% sure yet.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Man a solid blueberry muffin would be amazing. anything blueberry is easily my favorite type of baked good, would love something I could cook with!
I'm surprised, but in a good way, that blueberry has been mentioned a few times in the thread.

I'm definitely open to that flavor as I like it myself.

If you haven't tried it yet, Ketogenics has a Blueberry in both their IsoWhey and Zero Carb - one is a Blueberry Muffin and one is a Blueberry Donut - my favorite way is mixing one scoop of each together.

Airmaniac

Airmaniac

Awards
I’m definitely in for any variation of Lime/lemon cream pie iteration and a slightly salty vanilla peanut butter cream flavor. Strawberry/Raspberry shortcake popsicle with the little bits on the outside and salted caramel would be cool too.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
@sns8778 if you make a protein, you better bet I’ll be buying it. I totally understand this would be a huge leap for you, after reading your in-depth posts about it. Vanilla, chocolate, cookies and cream, and “fruity” cereal would be great! What I mean by fruity cereal is fruit loops and not so much as fruity pebbles.
Thank you. I really appreciate that.

I love the fruit loops type idea - I think that a Fruity Cereal as in like fruity pebbles would come first because of demand, but I love the idea of doing one more like fruit loops.

I know for Cookies & Cream, I want to keep it gluten free - so that leaves the options as going with the flavor itself and no cookie pieces, or actually trying to use gluten free cookie pieces in it. Some people prefer the flavor and no cookie pieces, for others, its not Cookies & Cream with no cookie pieces. So I've been trying to decide which way I want to go for that one.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
One of my Favorite Proteins of all time was the Limited Edition Ghost Blueberry Toaster Pastry!

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
AwakeningAlpha

AwakeningAlpha

Awards
  • First Up Vote
A good "clear" protein. Like ISOPURE. With fruitier flavors like your gummy bear. Something that gets the protein in while quenching thirst better than a thick chocolate. I find it easier to slam intra or post workout.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I like a Blend Protein that mixes up thick, Chocolate, Peanut Butter & Coconut are a few on my favorites.
A good "clear" protein. Like ISOPURE. With fruitier flavors like your gummy bear. Something that gets the protein in while quenching thirst better than a thick chocolate. I find it easier to slam intra or post workout.
This just go's to prove how hard it is to please everyone.

AwakeningAlpha

AwakeningAlpha

Awards
  • First Up Vote
This just go's to prove how hard it is to please everyone.
Haha I would like both. They just have separate uses/timing. I like thick shake for meal replacement and full feeling, but a clear protein is easier intra or after high intensity wo. Good quality clears are also more rare so I feel like SNS could pull it off.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Haha I would like both. They just have separate uses/timing. I like thick shake for meal replacement and full feeling, but a clear protein is easier intra or after high intensity wo. Good quality clears are also more rare so I feel like SNS could pull it off.

They do go above and beyond !!

rodefeeh

rodefeeh

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I'd be all over some SNS protein. Personally, my favorite over the years has been PES Select. I like how thick it mixed and loved all of their flavors. I'd also buy a straight Isolate or WPC as well. I rarely drink shakes anymore. I'm all about sludges and proats. I like my protein powders as low calorie as possible just because it's very easy to overeat with my appetite!

I wouldn't buy any fruity clear isolates, but I did enjoy Dymatize's Fruity Pebbles.

And don't fck with inclusions :) They don't do anything for me.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I'd be all over some SNS protein. Personally, my favorite over the years has been PES Select. I like how thick it mixed and loved all of their flavors. I'd also buy a straight Isolate or WPC as well. I rarely drink shakes anymore. I'm all about sludges and proats. I like my protein powders as low calorie as possible just because it's very easy to overeat with my appetite!

I wouldn't buy any fruity clear isolates, but I did enjoy Dymatize's Fruity Pebbles.

I also drink very few shakes any more, I have proates 5 days a week for breakfast (5:30am) and a sludge most mornings about 9:30.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I wish I enjoyed proates. I feel like I must be doing something wrong when I make them because a lot of people seem to love them. For me there is a weird consistency once you add the protein in. Is there a trick to doing it right, or maybe it is just a consistency thing I can't seem to get around. I have a hard time eating pudding too, it makes me want to gag after a few bites.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Orange creamcicle and a Heavily flavored peanut butter!

Nothing with little pieces in it though please.
Orange Creamsicle is definitely at the top of the list of flavors I want to do.

I thought about peanut butter, like a peanut butter cookie, but then thought about chocolate peanut butter - with the peanut butter taste being the most prevalent.

As for products with pieces in them, if it sells well and we are able to add flavors like I hope, there will be a few that will have pieces in them, but there will be enough that don't for people that don't like them. Some people love for example having real cookie pieces in their shakes.

One aspect I am wanting to be unique on with the ones that do have pieces in them is that I'm wanting to be completely gluten free.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
One of my Favorite Proteins of all time was the Limited Edition Ghost Blueberry Toaster Pastry!
That's interesting. I can't try a lot of things like that because of being allergic to gluten.

Was it just the flavor or did it have pieces of pastry in it?

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Oh, I forgot all about that Lemon Cream flavor back in the day and it was so thick with the micellar casein in it too.

@sns8778 Yeah, I know some people have other sensitivities to whey, which is why I mentioned allergies or food sensitivities as well. However most people who say they can't do WPC say it is lactose intolerance.

I would definitely be down with multi bottle purchase discounts as a bulk option instead of the 4-5lb jug!!!

I do have to say I like the Dymatize Fruity Pebbles flavor a lot. They actually had the cereal company make that flavor. Plus it is good mixed in with any fruity flavors.

Oh yeah, if you could figure out how to do a vanilla flavor that tastes like Blue Bell Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream you would have the number 1 selling vanilla on the market!
XF Lemon Cream flavor was great. I wish I remembered exactly how it tasted; I kind of do, but not exactly.

That's where a lot of people get it wrong though with WPC - they assume its lactose intolerance. And yeah, people with lactose intolerance are going to have issues with WPC, but there are a lot of people that have issues with WPC that aren't lactose intolerant. Me for example, I sometimes do 8 to 12 scoops per day of WPI and Micellar and have no issues with lactose, but more than 1 scoop of WPC per day and I'm bloated and miserable. If you don't believe me and think its lactose, we could always have a friendly ice cream eating contest (loser pays) if you want me to prove how much dairy I can eat? haha 🤣:LOL:

I think we would definitely go the multi-bottle discounts first. I could see us doing a 5 lb. later on, but we would need to have the product itself get popular and start selling well first and also see what flavors we thought would sell the best in the larger sizes.

I think I'm the only person that didn't like the Dymatize Fruity Cereal flavor - but in all fairness, I was mixing them with water at the time I tried it. I haven't bought it again since I've been doing them with almond milk, but I drink the heck out of the Ketogenics IsoWhey Fruity Cereal flavor. I absolutely love that flavor.

I haven't tried Blue Bell in years, if at all. I may have to see if I can find some to try. Is that more of a French Vanilla?

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Orange Creamsicle is definitely at the top of the list of flavors I want to do.

I thought about peanut butter, like a peanut butter cookie, but then thought about chocolate peanut butter - with the peanut butter taste being the most prevalent.

As for products with pieces in them, if it sells well and we are able to add flavors like I hope, there will be a few that will have pieces in them, but there will be enough that don't for people that don't like them. Some people love for example having real cookie pieces in their shakes.

One aspect I am wanting to be unique on with the ones that do have pieces in them is that I'm wanting to be completely gluten free.
I would be interested in the PB heavy PB and Chocolate flavor. I am always underwhelmed by the Chocolate PB flavors. Normally the PB flavor just isn't up to snuff. So I would be very interested in one that is done well!!! For right now I just add PB2, or real PB to my chocolate if I want that flavor profile.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
XF Lemon Cream flavor was great. I wish I remembered exactly how it tasted; I kind of do, but not exactly.

That's where a lot of people get it wrong though with WPC - they assume its lactose intolerance. And yeah, people with lactose intolerance are going to have issues with WPC, but there are a lot of people that have issues with WPC that aren't lactose intolerant. Me for example, I sometimes do 8 to 12 scoops per day of WPI and Micellar and have no issues with lactose, but more than 1 scoop of WPC per day and I'm bloated and miserable. If you don't believe me and think its lactose, we could always have a friendly ice cream eating contest (loser pays) if you want me to prove how much dairy I can eat? haha 🤣:LOL:

I think we would definitely go the multi-bottle discounts first. I could see us doing a 5 lb. later on, but we would need to have the product itself get popular and start selling well first and also see what flavors we thought would sell the best in the larger sizes.

I think I'm the only person that didn't like the Dymatize Fruity Cereal flavor - but in all fairness, I was mixing them with water at the time I tried it. I haven't bought it again since I've been doing them with almond milk, but I drink the heck out of the Ketogenics IsoWhey Fruity Cereal flavor. I absolutely love that flavor.

I haven't tried Blue Bell in years, if at all. I may have to see if I can find some to try. Is that more of a French Vanilla?
You know, I am not really sure exactly what the difference in flavor is. However it is hands down the best vanilla flavor I have ever had in anything. It is not like a heavy vanilla bean flavor, I don't know how to explain it but if you can find it give it a shot and let me know your thoughts.

Also an ice cream eating contest, I think we would both be winners and losers here... Sure one of us wins the contest, but we both win by eating ice cream, and we both lose by eating so much we have to recover from it! :)

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
That is something I want to do myself because I love the idea.

It wouldn't be the first thing we did because they don't sell as well as the others, but it is something I would want to do.

I already have my own personal flavor wish list going on in my notepad on my phone for this, and gummy bear is one of the flavors. Other ones I would love to be able to do would be Blue Raspberry Popsicle and Pink Grapefruit like our Creatine HCI Powder flavors, and a good tea flavor.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I agree about the separate times/uses. There are times where I would much prefer a creamy protein shake and then times like after a workout, especially when I'm super hot, that a refreshing fruit flavor one would be awesome. I picture something I could make and put in the freezer and have some ice in it by the time I'm ready to drink it.

These types of flavors do present some challenges because the process they have to go through to make fruit flavors suitable usually makes them very foamy, which makes some people not like them.

Overall, this is an idea that I would love to be able to do but I would take the proper time to try to get it right and do everything we could to deliver a great tasting product with as little of the foamy/frothy feeling as possible.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I’m definitely in for any variation of Lime/lemon cream pie iteration and a slightly salty vanilla peanut butter cream flavor. Strawberry/Raspberry shortcake popsicle with the little bits on the outside and salted caramel would be cool too.
I have always wanted a good Key Lime Pie flavor. I used to always try to talk Dave at XF into doing that when he had his lemon cream protein. If we do a protein, I'm going to be on a mission to accomplish an enjoyable Key Lime Pie flavor. Dang it, if no one else besides me and you want it, we can drink it all ourselves haha.

Interesting thought on the slightly salty vanilla peanut butter cream flavor. I hadn't thought about that.

I love Ketogenics Strawberry Shortcake flavor protein - it doesn't have pieces in it, but they nailed the flavor. If I do one, that's the flavor I would like to try to get close to on it. I love the idea of pieces in it, but I want to keep everything gluten free and I so far haven't been able to find gluten free strawberry shortcake pieces.

Salted Caramel is another one I thought of and thought would be good. I thought about Salted Caramel and also dark chocolate salted caramel.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

If we do a protein and it goes well and we offer a lot of flavors, I would eventually want to do a few flavors with inclusions for people that do like them, but the majority of the flavors wouldn't have any in them.

I only tried Dymatize's Fruity Pebbles with water and didn't like it, but I've heard it was great with milk. I use Ketogenics Fruity Cereal now days in Almond Milk and its fantastic.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I would be interested in the PB heavy PB and Chocolate flavor. I am always underwhelmed by the Chocolate PB flavors. Normally the PB flavor just isn't up to snuff. So I would be very interested in one that is done well!!! For right now I just add PB2, or real PB to my chocolate if I want that flavor profile.
I'm the same way - most of the chocolate peanut butter's I've tried seemed like chocolate with just enough peanut butter flavor thrown in to call it chocolate peanut butter.

When I started thinking about doing a protein, one product that came to mind and this was funny because I probably hadn't drank it or thought about it in 20 years, but I could even picture the box was the old school Labrada Lean Body meal replacements in packets, back when they first started, their Chocolate Peanut Butter was in an orange box with yellow writing and it was the best chocolate peanut butter I ever tried because it was peanut butter flavored with just a little bit of chocolate thrown in. It's wild bc the flavor is so vivid now when I think about it, even from that long ago.

rodefeeh

rodefeeh

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I wish I enjoyed proates. I feel like I must be doing something wrong when I make them because a lot of people seem to love them. For me there is a weird consistency once you add the protein in. Is there a trick to doing it right, or maybe it is just a consistency thing I can't seem to get around. I have a hard time eating pudding too, it makes me want to gag after a few bites.
Here's what I do. Microwave 1 cup raw oats with 2 cups water in large bowl. Add 2 scoops protein powder after cooking. Just let it sit on top. Place bowl in fridge for several hours or overnight. Then mix together. If you mix right away, it is too runny. If you let the oats cool with no protein powder on top, most of the water escapes and it is hard to mix with a spoon. I always eat my proats cold like this.

If you don't like sludge, you might like frozen sludge. I mix up sludge. Let it freeze. Then right before I workout, I put it in fridge. After I workout, it is just soft enough to scoop out of the bowl. It ends up thawing for about 75 minutes since I lift at home.

I rotate between these two preparations for my post workout protein.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Here's what I do. Microwave 1 cup raw oats with 2 cups water in large bowl. Add 2 scoops protein powder after cooking. Just let it sit on top. Place bowl in fridge for several hours or overnight. Then mix together. If you mix right away, it is too runny. If you let the oats cool with no protein powder on top, most of the water escapes and it is hard to mix with a spoon. I always eat my proats cold like this.

If you don't like sludge, you might like frozen sludge. I mix up sludge. Let it freeze. Then right before I workout, I put it in fridge. After I workout, it is just soft enough to scoop out of the bowl. It ends up thawing for about 75 minutes since I lift at home.

I rotate between these two preparations for my post workout protein.
Thanks Man, I will give that a shot. I have definitely never thought of doing it that way. I have tried mixing while cooking. Bad idea, then mixing in right after but then it gets watery, and a bit slimy feeling. So I guess you just mix when you get it out in the AM, and don't heat it? I have gotten so used to just drinking a shake along with my oats, but this would be nice if I can enjoy it.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Along the lines of what's currently being discussed, I had thought about, if the protein sells well, that I would love to eventually do a real meal replacement with quality carb sources - like oatmeal, sweet potato, brown rice.

I had thought about doing a 50 gram carb to 50 gram protein but had also thought about doing a 75 gram carb to 50 gram protein.

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Along the lines of what's currently being discussed, I had thought about, if the protein sells well, that I would love to eventually do a real meal replacement with quality carb sources - like oatmeal, sweet potato, brown rice.

I had thought about doing a 50 gram carb to 50 gram protein but had also thought about doing a 75 gram carb to 50 gram protein.
Now that would be awesome!

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Now that would be awesome!
I ideally would love to offer both - but not sure there would be a market for both of them. I could see times where I'd prefer the 50:50 and others where I would prefer the 75:50.

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I ideally would love to offer both - but not sure there would be a market for both of them. I could see times where I'd prefer the 50:50 and others where I would prefer the 75:50.
I have no preference, either would be a ok in my book. Don’t know how big the market is for them I see some around but not a lot.

baldwanus

baldwanus

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I'm biased because I was involved in approving flavors way back then... but if you could bring out a really good 'Shamrock Shake' flavor like the VMS from Protean back in the day, or the Maple Brown Sugar Oatmeal Cookie flavor, I'd buy a lot haha.

rodefeeh

rodefeeh

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Thanks Man, I will give that a shot. I have definitely never thought of doing it that way. I have tried mixing while cooking. Bad idea, then mixing in right after but then it gets watery, and a bit slimy feeling. So I guess you just mix when you get it out in the AM, and don't heat it? I have gotten so used to just drinking a shake along with my oats, but this would be nice if I can enjoy it.
Yes and yes. Hope you like it!

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I have no preference, either would be a ok in my book. Don’t know how big the market is for them I see some around but not a lot.
I don't think that there's a huge market for it, but I would hope it would be enough of one to where we could justify doing one in a few flavors.

I know it would be super convenient for me versus having to stop and eat brown rice or oatmeal every couple hours.

I don't see hardly any carb to proteins in that ratio - it seems to go protein powder, mrp's with lower carb, and then jump to weight gainers for the most part. And most weight gainers don't use quality carbs, they are just loaded up on sugar and maltodextrin.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I'm biased because I was involved in approving flavors way back then... but if you could bring out a really good 'Shamrock Shake' flavor like the VMS from Protean back in the day, or the Maple Brown Sugar Oatmeal Cookie flavor, I'd buy a lot haha.
I never tried theirs but I loved Trutein's Shamrock Shake.

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I don't think that there's a huge market for it, but I would hope it would be enough of one to where we could justify doing one in a few flavors.

I know it would be super convenient for me versus having to stop and eat brown rice or oatmeal every couple hours.

I don't see hardly any carb to proteins in that ratio - it seems to go protein powder, mrp's with lower carb, and then jump to weight gainers for the most part. And most weight gainers don't use quality carbs, they are just loaded up on sugar and maltodextrin.
I have never tried any weight gainers (I have that part figured out lol ) also don’t think any MRP. Protein powder once in a great while.
The reason I just don’t know what half the stuff on the label is? I wish I understood ingredients more but I don’t sadly, some of the companies with all the marketing claims I feel like is a gimmick to spend good money on something that’s not.