MrMuscle logs Anabolic Effect, Anabolic XT, Pepti-Plex, Phosphatidic Acid XT, GlycoPhase, Pump Gel, Super Swole and Pump Addict

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I might be a culprit of this. I think I need to start trying to get my heart rate in the right ranges for cardiovascular/heart purposes. I tend to walk on the treadmill doing steady state but that doesn't get my heart rate up high enough unless I put it on a high incline and fast walk (which is what I need to be doing all the time).
Ya I see people either go too hard or too easy, there is a huge range in between that can be useful.

“Too easy” though isn’t usually too bad. The biggest issue is just it takes awhile, but there’s lots of nice benefits to some pretty easy cardio. 🙂

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Legs 2
Friday, 15 December 2023 at 07:24

Elliptical Machine

Set 1: 10:00

Standing Calf Raise (Machine)
Set 1: 20 kg × 10 [Warm-up]
Set 2: 45 kg × 5 [Warm-up]
Set 3: 65 kg × 12 [Failure]
Set 4: 45 kg × 17 [Failure]

Hammer Strength Seated Leg Curl
Set 1: 40 kg × 10 [Warm-up]
Set 2: 61 kg × 5 [Warm-up]
Set 3: 75 kg × 10 [Failure]
Set 4: 66 kg × 16 [Failure]

Hammer Strength Hip Adduction
Set 1: 75 kg × 10 [Warm-up]
Set 2: 103 kg × 14 [Failure]

Watson Hack Squat
Set 1: 0 kg × 10 [Warm-up]
Set 2: 40 kg × 10 [Warm-up]
Set 3: 70 kg × 10
Set 4: 70 kg × 10

Watson Leg Press (Single)
Set 1: 35 kg × 10 [Failure]
Set 2: 20 kg × 15 [Failure]

Dc Seated Calf Raise
Set 1: 40 kg × 12 [Failure]

Wrist Twist
Set 1: 40 reps

Ab Wheel
Set 1: 15 reps [Failure]
Set 2: 15 reps [Failure]

Cycling (Indoor)
Set 1: 1:00
Set 2: 1:00
Set 3: 1:00

Skierg
Set 1: 1:00
Set 2: 1:00
Set 3: 1:00

Stretching
Set 1: 15:00

Second leg workout of the week which also means second HIIT workout of the week. I gotta say it FELT tougher today. I was breathing hard between sets and I got this good old metallic taste in my throat. Which i remember from my track days.

Last night I went out and ate with my family at this nice new italian place. I got Polpetto Di Vitello for my main dish, a pasta disj with veal meatballs (tasted amazing), For my dessert i got their Black Mamba, which is like a big home made Oreo with ice cream in the middle and drenched in chocolate. Absolutely heaven! Pluss i got to finish of my daughters desert.

So I cant be exact with the calories, but im guessing i got around 1700 kcal in that meal. My apps went insane ofcourse and thought i was dying during the night. I felt fine when i woke up even though i had sweat through all my sheets!

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Last night I went out and ate with my family at this nice new italian place. I got Polpetto Di Vitello for my main dish, a pasta disj with veal meatballs (tasted amazing), For my dessert i got their Black Mamba, which is like a big home made Oreo with ice cream in the middle and drenched in chocolate. Absolutely heaven! Pluss i got to finish of my daughters desert
This has my mouth watering! Looks good!

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Weekly Report 11.December - 17.December
Week 1 of Bulk

Diet:

(Everything tracked in MacroFactor)

Thursday I went out with my family and had a lot of food.
Because of this i didnt do my high days over the weekend, I just kept my medium days.
Still ate around 100 kcal more on average than last week.

Scale Weight and Trend Weight:
(Weight and body fat measured on a FitBit Aria Scale every morning)

Weight spiked early in the week and again after my thursday.
But then by sunday is started dropping again.
TDEE seems to be leveling out now as well.

Recovery and exertion:
(Measured with my Apple Watch that I wear all day and night)
(Recovery is based on HRV and RHR)

So recovery was all over the place this week.
I dont know why tuesday was so bad, i felt great. Same on Friday but thats a normal reading when I have an evening of food the day before. My HRV and RHR goes bananas during the night and my apps thinks im dying.

Comments:
Felt good this week.
Solid workouts and some good progress made in the gym.

Next week:
MacroFactor decided to drop my calories by 10 this week, so no major changes.

In Sweden we celebrate Christmas on the 24th. So ill be eating alot that day! Ive decided to do the same as i did this week. Keep my medium and low days and no high days besides Sunday. Should be another great week.​

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Weekly Report 18.December - 24.December
Week 3 of Bulk

Diet:

(Everything tracked in MacroFactor)

I suprised myself by not going much over my daily calories on Christmas Eve.
I ate the salmon, the ham, chocolate and gingerbread cookies. But I didnt gorge on anything.

Scale Weight and Trend Weight:
(Weight and body fat measured on a FitBit Aria Scale every morning)

Weight is trending downwards this week. So I was expecting an increase in calories.
Especially as it seems my expenditure is increasing again.

Recovery and exertion:
(Measured with my Apple Watch that I wear all day and night)
(Recovery is based on HRV and RHR)

Solid week of recovery.
Why Thursday dropped me down so low I have no explanation. Im guessing it just took a bad reading during the night.

Comments:
I had a good week both diet and traning wise.
But I was really fed up mentally at work.
Last week before christmas in a store is just not fun!

Next week:
As expected MacroFactor gave me an increase of 40 kcal a day this week. I dont mind!

This week is probably going to be a quite ordinary one.
Im not uch for celebrating New Years Eve (as i never stay up that late anyway haha.) So ill probably stick to the diet for the whole week. Unless I get an urge to splurge on the weekend. Seeing as I dodnt eat much for christmas I will absolutely allow whatever i feel like if the cravings come!​

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
December 2023 First Month Of Bulking
2,5 months of:

Anabolic Effect, Anabolic XT, Pepti-Plex, Phosphatidic Acid XT, GlycoPhase, Super Swole and Pump Addict

Alright, first month in a suplus is done and its time to see what the results are.

Bodyweight

Weight Trend is something MacroFactor calculates and it describes it as:
"Your weight trend highlights meaningful changes in weight, free from large swings due to transient weight fluctuations related to total body water and gastrointestinal contents, and other factors. "

There is quite a lot of variations in my daily weigh ins, but it is trending upwards. 0,2kg over a month is basically nothing though. But I will continue with the same 0,5% bodyweight goal for another month and see if the momentum increases.

Expenditure is something MacroFactor calculates and describes as:
"A deterministic calculation based on your calorie intake and change in trend weight."

So my expenditure has increased and the only change is that im eating more. So basically expenditure is increasing from the extra food im eating. I expect to see MacroFactor increasing my calories bit by bit as well.

DIET

I expected my December to have more days of extra calories then it did. Thats why I had my calories set to 0,5% gain as I figured with the extra food id be closer to 1% weight gain. But since that didnt happen this is what we are left with.

Performance

First month of bulking has been nice.
The extra calories have helped in the gym and because it was December I had some extra days off from work so that meant more sleep as well. A very low weight gain but im sticking with this rate of gain for January as well to see how that goes.

Bottom line
This will just be an educated guess, but im thinking that the supplement stack helped my body utilize the extra calories better and thats why we dont see a higher weight gain. I could just be talking outta my ass here but I felt the effect of the extra food and was often amazed when I stepped on the scale in the morning and saw that it hadnt moved.​

Last edited:
akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
December 2023 First Month Of Bulking
2,5 months of:

Anabolic Effect, Anabolic XT, Pepti-Plex, Phosphatidic Acid XT, GlycoPhase, Pu Super Swole and Pump Addict

Alright, first month in a suplus is done and its time to see what the results are.

Bodyweight

View attachment 239200

"Your weight trend highlights meaningful changes in weight, free from large swings due to transient weight fluctuations related to total body water and gastrointestinal contents, and other factors. "

There is quite a lot of variations in my daily weigh ins, but it is trending upwards. 0,2kg over a month is basically nothing though. But I will continue with the same 0,5% bodyweight goal for another month and see if the momentum increases.

View attachment 239204

"A deterministic calculation based on your calorie intake and change in trend weight."

So my expenditure has increased and the only change is that im eating more. So basically expenditure is increasing from the extra food im eating. I expect to see MacroFactor increasing my calories bit by bit as well.

DIET

View attachment 239208

I expected my December to have more days of extra calories then it did. Thats why I had my calories set to 0,5% gain as I figured with the extra food id be closer to 1% weight gain. But since that didnt happen this is what we are left with.

Performance

View attachment 239210View attachment 239211
View attachment 239212

First month of bulking has been nice.
The extra calories have helped in the gym and because it was December I had some extra days off from work so that meant more sleep as well. A very low weight gain but im sticking with this rate of gain for January as well to see how that goes.

Bottom line
This will just be an educated guess, but im thinking that the supplement stack helped my body utilize the extra calories better and thats why we dont see a higher weight gain. I could just be talking outta my ass here but I felt the effect of the extra food and was often amazed when I stepped on the scale in the morning and saw that it hadnt moved.​
I would say that has to be the case, and that’s a very good thing!

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Pull 2
Thursday, 4 January 2024 at 07:05

Elliptical Machine

Single Prime Lat Pulldown
Set 2: 40 kg × 4 [Warm-up]
Set 3: 50 kg × 10 [Failure]
Set 4: 42,5 kg × 15 [Failure]

ISO Lateral Low Row
Set 1: 80 kg × 5 [Warm-up]
Set 2: 100 kg × 9 [Failure]
Set 3: 80 kg × 15 [Failure]

Hammer Strength Single Arm D.Y. Row
Set 1: 40 kg × 4 [Warm-up]
Set 2: 50 kg × 11 [Failure]
Set 3: 40 kg × 16 [Failure]

Watson Pulldown
Set 1: 54 kg × 5 [Warm-up]
Set 2: 76 kg × 10 [Failure]
Set 3: 65 kg × 15 [Failure]

Smith Kelso Shrugs
Set 2: 40 kg × 12 [Failure]

Dc Lat Stretch
Set 1: +52,5 kg × 1 [Failure]

Single Mts Biceps Curls
Set 1: 20 kg × 5 [Warm-up]
Set 2: 30 kg × 10 [Failure]
Set 3: 22,5 kg × 16 [Failure]

Single Preacher Hammer Curl
Set 1: 10 kg × 15 [Failure]

Back Extension
Set 1: +30 kg × 12
Set 2: +30 kg × 12

Stairs

Stretching

Had a solid pull workout today, those are always my favorite days. Energy and strength is great and i progress slowly but steadily on all lifts.

We are having quite the cold spell here this week. -30 degrees Celcius all week, thats -22 degrees Fahrenheit for all you weirdos. Luckily my gym is still warm and nice. But I can tell you walking outside is no dream, my dogs cant stand it either. So lots of short walks, just out to pee and then back home!

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Pull 2
Thursday, 4 January 2024 at 07:05

Elliptical Machine

Single Prime Lat Pulldown
Set 2: 40 kg × 4 [Warm-up]
Set 3: 50 kg × 10 [Failure]
Set 4: 42,5 kg × 15 [Failure]

ISO Lateral Low Row
Set 1: 80 kg × 5 [Warm-up]
Set 2: 100 kg × 9 [Failure]
Set 3: 80 kg × 15 [Failure]

Hammer Strength Single Arm D.Y. Row
Set 1: 40 kg × 4 [Warm-up]
Set 2: 50 kg × 11 [Failure]
Set 3: 40 kg × 16 [Failure]

Watson Pulldown
Set 1: 54 kg × 5 [Warm-up]
Set 2: 76 kg × 10 [Failure]
Set 3: 65 kg × 15 [Failure]

Smith Kelso Shrugs
Set 2: 40 kg × 12 [Failure]

Dc Lat Stretch
Set 1: +52,5 kg × 1 [Failure]

Single Mts Biceps Curls
Set 1: 20 kg × 5 [Warm-up]
Set 2: 30 kg × 10 [Failure]
Set 3: 22,5 kg × 16 [Failure]

Single Preacher Hammer Curl
Set 1: 10 kg × 15 [Failure]

Back Extension
Set 1: +30 kg × 12
Set 2: +30 kg × 12

Stairs

Stretching

Had a solid pull workout today, those are always my favorite days. Energy and strength is great and i progress slowly but steadily on all lifts.

We are having quite the cold spell here this week. -30 degrees Celcius all week, thats -22 degrees Fahrenheit for all you weirdos. Luckily my gym is still warm and nice. But I can tell you walking outside is no dream, my dogs cant stand it either. So lots of short walks, just out to pee and then back home!
Any time there is a “ - “ in front of the number be it Fahrenheit or Celsius it’s cold 😂

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
We are having quite the cold spell here this week. -30 degrees Celcius all week, thats -22 degrees Fahrenheit
Ouch. That's when you walk outside and your nose hairs all freeze. I don't like that. :ROFLMAO:

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
January 2023 Two Month Of Bulking
3,5 months of:

Anabolic Effect, Anabolic XT, Pepti-Plex, Phosphatidic Acid XT, GlycoPhase, Super Swole and Pump Addict

Bodyweight

Weight continues to slowly increase, still under the goal of 0.5% a month but it feels good.
First month the gain was 0,2kg so a little more this month.

My expenditure increased fast thie first month of the bulk but has kept prety steady the second month.

DIET

As you can see i have not exceeded my daily caloric intake once during january. Ive been on the ball 100%. Thats just because there havent been any cause to eat more. I havent been out to eat and nobody have made me a meal.

Bottom line
Bulk is going fantastic! This month ive really felt the effect of the calories and supplements work together. Even though the weigh gain is minimal i feel and look much fuller and bigger when working out. Because of how this is going Ive decided to increase the length of the bulk from 4 to 6 months. If needed ill do a mini cut but at the rate im gaining now I dont see that as something that will be needed.

One thing I have implemented is a deload week. I will do one week of deload every other month. Im finishing up the deload week now and will be ready to rumble again on the weekend. The reason im doing this is basically because i suck at deloading. I will just go hard until something breaks. So i decided to just program it in. It doesnt matter if its needed or not, in the end it will benefit me.

My deloads are very simple. I half my volume for the week but keep the intesity. That way i still feel like im working out and can actually be making progress. At the same time i am reducing fatigue without getting bored.​

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Push 2
Tuesday, 6 February 2024 at 07:16

Elliptical Machine

Lying Cable Y-Raise
W1: 5 kg × 10 [Warm-up]
W2: 10 kg × 5 [Warm-up]
Set 1: 15 kg × 12 [Failure]
Set 2: 10 kg × 16 [Failure]

Hammer Strength Incline Press
W1: 40 kg × 10 [Warm-up]
W2: 60 kg × 5 [Warm-up]
Set 1: 82,5 kg × 8 [Failure]
Set 2: 67,5 kg × 11 [Failure]

Prime Shoulder Press
W1: 60 kg × 5 [Warm-up]
Set 1: 80 kg × 7 [Failure]
Set 2: 80 kg × 6 [Failure]

Standing Close Grip Press
Set 2: 70 kg × 10 [Failure]

Cable Fly (High)
Set 1: 25 kg × 12 [Failure]
Set 2: 25 kg × 9 [Failure]

Prime Triceps Extensions
W1: 15 kg × 10 [Warm-up]
Set 1: 32,5 kg × 12 [Failure]
Set 2: 32,5 kg × 12 [Failure]

Vertical Calf Press
W1: 0 kg × 10 [Warm-up]
W2: 30 kg × 5 [Warm-up]
Set 1: 60 kg × 13 [Failure]

Hanging Leg Raise
Set 2: 14 reps [Failure]

Stairs

Stretching

Finished my deload last friday and have now had 4 workouts all out and wow. My deload really "worked" this time around. Im beating the logbook on every lift and feel fresh while doing it. So I will absolutely stick to the plan, a wekk of deload every other month but reduce only volume, not intensity.

timmy8888

Awards
  • Established
Push 2
Tuesday, 6 February 2024 at 07:16

Elliptical Machine

Lying Cable Y-Raise
Set 1: 15 kg × 12 [Failure]
Set 2: 10 kg × 16 [Failure]

W2: 60 kg × 5 [Warm-up]
Set 2: 67,5 kg × 11 [Failure]

Prime Shoulder Press
Set 1: 80 kg × 7 [Failure]
Set 2: 80 kg × 6 [Failure]

Set 2: 70 kg × 10 [Failure]

Cable Fly (High)
Set 1: 25 kg × 12 [Failure]
Set 2: 25 kg × 9 [Failure]

Prime Triceps Extensions
W1: 15 kg × 10 [Warm-up]
Set 1: 32,5 kg × 12 [Failure]
Set 2: 32,5 kg × 12 [Failure]

Vertical Calf Press
W1: 0 kg × 10 [Warm-up]
W2: 30 kg × 5 [Warm-up]
Set 1: 60 kg × 13 [Failure]

Hanging Leg Raise
Set 2: 14 reps [Failure]

Stairs

Stretching

Finished my deload last friday and have now had 4 workouts all out and wow. My deload really "worked" this time around. Im beating the logbook on every lift and feel fresh while doing it. So I will absolutely stick to the plan, a wekk of deload every other month but reduce only volume, not intensity.

That is awesome to hear; im stubborn but that was my best decision that made me have tremendous progress was taking a deload. Going on vacation here soon, so will be my first active rest deload. Looking forward to see how that treats me transitioning back into a bulk.

Keep up all the stellar work , absolutely love following your logs.

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
HUGE RESTOCK FROM SNS, CEL AND XPG

Restock came in last night, just as I was finishing off the last of my supplies.
So this is going to be fueling my next 4 months of bulking.
There are 2 new additionts, SNS Growth Factor XT and XPG Alpha-Gel.

CEL Anabolic Effect
CEL Anabolic Effect - Natural Anabolic - AnabolicMinds.com

This is one of my all time favorite natural anabolics. Ive used it several times before and everytime with great results. I have had it in for the last 4 months and if i could id never get off it!

CEL Anabolic Effect Review - AnabolicMinds.com

SNS Anabolic XT
SNS Anabolic XT - Hardcore Natural Anabolic Muscle Builder - AnabolicMinds.com

Ive been using this for the past 4 months and my experience is that its provided me with extra strength and hardness. SO of course im keeping it in!

SNS Pepti-Plex
Pepti-Plex - Natural Anabolic Muscle Builder - Powered by AI Discovered Natural Anabolic Peptides - AnabolicMinds.com

This has also been in for 4 months and to me what ive felt is that I finally got rid of a nagging inflamation in my achilles. Ive seen some other mentioning it helping with injuries so im a big beliver that it helped me there.

SNS Phosphatidic Acid XT
SNS Phosphatidic Acid XT - Natural Anabolic Muscle Builder - Available Now - AnabolicMinds.com

Back in the days I was one of those who was heavily invested in the lecitin granuels and felt great affect from them. This is much better and much more convinient. Its been in for the last 4 months as well and the fullness i get from it is unreal.

SNS GlycoPhase
Announcing the New GlycoPhase - Ultra-Potent GDA for Lean Gains, Fat Loss, & Pumps! - AnabolicMinds.com

I dont know what to say about GlycoPhase that I havent already. It helps me keep lean, it helps me utilize my nutrients 100%. It makes me perform better in the gym.

SNS GlycoPhase Mini Review - AnabolicMinds.com

SNS Growth Factor XT
Growth Factor XT - Advanced Natural Growth Hormone Optimizer & More - AnabolicMinds.com

This has a myriad of benefits and it would be wrong of me to highlight only one. But truth be told there is one im the most excited about and that is sleep and recovery. I find this to get more and more important as i age.

XPG Alpha-Gel
This has been getting alot of good feedback on the forums. I havent done that many gels before so im very excited to try this. The main effect im looking for here is the effect on mood and sense of well-being.

Structuring the supplements
So with so many supplements it can become quite a lot of pills to chug down. I prefer to take mine with 3 of my daily meals. So I will structure them like this:

05.00am - 1 pump of Alpha-Gel, 2 Caps GlycoPhase
05.30am - Meal 1: 2 Caps PA XT, 2 Caps AE, 2 Caps AXT. 2 Caps PP
07.00am - Workout
10.00am - Meal 2 (post workout meal)
1.00pm - Meal 3: 2 Caps AE, 2 Caps AXT, 2 Caps PA XT
4.00pm - Meal 4
5.00pm - 1 pump of Alpha-Gel
6.30pm - 2 Caps GlycoPhase
7.00pm - Meal 5: 2 Caps AE. 2 Caps AXT, 2 Caps PP, 4 caps GFXT
8.00pm - Sleep

DIET
Im 2 months into a 6 months planned bulk. I track my diet through an app called MacroFactor which also helps guide me in how i should change my calories based on the progress im making. I have it set to a low 0,5% weight gain per month. This is just because I am 45 years old and ive been training for over 30 years now. Muscle gain comes slow, but fat comes fast.

TRAINING
I train 6 days in a row and then take 1 day off, PPL style.

PLAN AND EXPECTATIONS
My plan is to stay in this bulk phase for another 4 months. I dont think I'll need a mini cut or anything based on the rate of gains im seeing. The supplements will help me both with the muscle gain, but also with recovery and staying as lean as possible.​

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Somehow lost track of your log when you moved over to this one. But here I am, just in time for your restock efforts!

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
HUGE RESTOCK FROM SNS, CEL AND XPG

View attachment 240271

Restock came in last night, just as I was finishing off the last of my supplies.
So this is going to be fueling my next 4 months of bulking.
There are 2 new additionts, SNS Growth Factor XT and XPG Alpha-Gel.

CEL Anabolic Effect
CEL Anabolic Effect - Natural Anabolic - AnabolicMinds.com

This is one of my all time favorite natural anabolics. Ive used it several times before and everytime with great results. I have had it in for the last 4 months and if i could id never get off it!

CEL Anabolic Effect Review - AnabolicMinds.com

SNS Anabolic XT
SNS Anabolic XT - Hardcore Natural Anabolic Muscle Builder - AnabolicMinds.com

Ive been using this for the past 4 months and my experience is that its provided me with extra strength and hardness. SO of course im keeping it in!

SNS Pepti-Plex
Pepti-Plex - Natural Anabolic Muscle Builder - Powered by AI Discovered Natural Anabolic Peptides - AnabolicMinds.com

This has also been in for 4 months and to me what ive felt is that I finally got rid of a nagging inflamation in my achilles. Ive seen some other mentioning it helping with injuries so im a big beliver that it helped me there.

SNS Phosphatidic Acid XT
SNS Phosphatidic Acid XT - Natural Anabolic Muscle Builder - Available Now - AnabolicMinds.com

Back in the days I was one of those who was heavily invested in the lecitin granuels and felt great affect from them. This is much better and much more convinient. Its been in for the last 4 months as well and the fullness i get from it is unreal.

SNS GlycoPhase
Announcing the New GlycoPhase - Ultra-Potent GDA for Lean Gains, Fat Loss, & Pumps! - AnabolicMinds.com

I dont know what to say about GlycoPhase that I havent already. It helps me keep lean, it helps me utilize my nutrients 100%. It makes me perform better in the gym.

SNS GlycoPhase Mini Review - AnabolicMinds.com

SNS Growth Factor XT
Growth Factor XT - Advanced Natural Growth Hormone Optimizer & More - AnabolicMinds.com

This has a myriad of benefits and it would be wrong of me to highlight only one. But truth be told there is one im the most excited about and that is sleep and recovery. I find this to get more and more important as i age.

XPG Alpha-Gel
This has been getting alot of good feedback on the forums. I havent done that many gels before so im very excited to try this. The main effect im looking for here is the effect on mood and sense of well-being.

Structuring the supplements
So with so many supplements it can become quite a lot of pills to chug down. I prefer to take mine with 3 of my daily meals. So I will structure them like this:

05.00am - 1 pump of Alpha-Gel, 2 Caps GlycoPhase
05.30am - Meal 1: 2 Caps PA XT, 2 Caps AE, 2 Caps AXT. 2 Caps PP
07.00am - Workout
10.00am - Meal 2 (post workout meal)
1.00pm - Meal 3: 2 Caps AE, 2 Caps AXT, 2 Caps PA XT
4.00pm - Meal 4
5.00pm - 1 pump of Alpha-Gel
6.30pm - 2 Caps GlycoPhase
7.00pm - Meal 5: 2 Caps AE. 2 Caps AXT, 2 Caps PP, 4 caps GFXT
8.00pm - Sleep

DIET
Im 2 months into a 6 months planned bulk. I track my diet through an app called MacroFactor which also helps guide me in how i should change my calories based on the progress im making. I have it set to a low 0,5% weight gain per month. This is just because I am 45 years old and ive been training for over 30 years now. Muscle gain comes slow, but fat comes fast.

TRAINING
I train 6 days in a row and then take 1 day off, PPL style.

PLAN AND EXPECTATIONS
My plan is to stay in this bulk phase for another 4 months. I dont think I'll need a mini cut or anything based on the rate of gains im seeing. The supplements will help me both with the muscle gain, but also with recovery and staying as lean as possible.​
Really following your logs! Super informative as always.

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
A Push 2
Tuesday, 20 February 2024 at 07:25

Elliptical Machine

Lying Cable Y-Raise
Set 1: 15 kg × 15 [Failure]
Set 2: 15 kg × 13 [Failure]

W2: 65 kg × 5 [Warm-up]
Set 1: 85 kg × 7 [Failure]
Set 2: 70 kg × 11 [Failure]

Prime Shoulder Press
Set 1: 82,5 kg × 7 [Failure]
Set 2: 82,5 kg × 5 [Failure]

Set 1: 85 kg × 6 [Failure]
Set 2: 72,5 kg × 10 [Failure]

Cable Fly (High)
Set 1: 25 kg × 13 [Failure]
Set 2: 25 kg × 11 [Failure]

Prime Triceps Extensions
W1: 20 kg × 10 [Warm-up]
Set 1: 37,5 kg × 10 [Failure]
Set 2: 37,5 kg × 10 [Failure]

Hanging Leg Raise
Set 2: 11 reps [Failure]

Elliptical Machine

Stretching

Todays workout was amazing and ive been having amazing workouts for a while now. Really since i did my deload it has been nothing but awesomeness.

I wanted to update a little quick on how the addition of Alpha-Gel and Growth Factor XT has gone. The main result I am feeling is the one i was hoping for. My mood and feeling of self being has improved tremendously! My life is still the same hamster wheel grind, but im just feeling more upbeat and ok about everything. Also ive gotten a serious boost in my libido.

This all from adding 1ml of Alpha Gel in the AM and PM and 4 caps of Growth Factor XT in the PM. Should i be increasing to 2ml twice a day now after a week? Or is there no need? What do you experts say @sns8778

I also want to highlight something else, my strength. Now, im not a strong guy. You can say that strength is my biggest weakness and after 30 years, gaining strength has never really worked in the long run. Well i can say that I am now increasing my poundages on both new and old exercises.

Some exercises ive been working on for years and now all of a sudden they are progressing again. I have some graphs here that shows the progress on some lifts. Pressing is where im wors at because of my long arms, but even there im seeing great gains.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I just hung out at lower alpha gel doses because it seemed to be working and I was running other things that seemed to compliment it. I definitely tend to try to get more out of things compared to when I was younger I always wanted the biggest doses all the time even if it didn’t make sense.

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
February 2023 Three Month Of Bulking
4,5 months of:

Anabolic Effect, Anabolic XT, Pepti-Plex, Phosphatidic Acid XT, GlycoPhase

Bodyweight

So half way through this month i got a solid weight spike as you can see on the graph.
There was no extra food added BUT thats when i added SNS Growth Factor XT and XPG Alpha Gels.
I dont know what mechanics can be involved for it to casue a sudden weight gain like that. But im guessing some form of intra cellular water and maybe more glycogen.

MacroFactor interpreted the sudden weight increase as a drop in my TDEE, so it reduced my daily calories. Seeing as I dont belive it was sudden fat gain i could have just ignored their correction and eat as i was and it would even out eventually. But I want to follow the app and see how that goes.
Ive seen alot of posts about weight gain from supplements, Creatine being the foremost on the MacroFactor subreddit. People are loosing their mind because they "gaines" a kg and now they dont get to eat as much anymore. People just need to chill.

DIET

Diet has been followed to the letter. Last time i went over my calories was for christmas.

Bottom line
Another month of a extremely successfull bulk. Yes, i had a weight spike in the middle of the month and the weight seems to be sticking. But like i said, that was probably a results of adding SNS Growth Factor XT and XPG Alpha Gel. So it was NOT fat gain.

My strength continues to increase at a rate that is really shocking to me. My weight gain over these 3 months is NOT high, but some of my lifts has gone up with close to 20% in weight.

As mentioned before, this is a 6 month bulk so im only half way. Really looking forward to see how the next 3 months will go.​

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
That high of strength increase with not a ton of bodyweight increase is pretty impressive.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So, first of all im alive! I havent been feeling very sosial the last couple of months.

Late last year my father passed away and 2 weeks ago my mother passed away. Even though we werent close, it affected me without me realizing it. This past weekend i went back to Norway for her funeral. So now im the oldest person in my family, which is a surreal thought.

I have not neglected my training or diet, those are the rocks in my life. Im now on my 6 month of lean bulking and its still going good. Fueled by all of @sns8778 great products, i keep getting bigger and strong.

The 3 images shows weight, TDEE and intake over the last 6 months.

My weight has slowly but surely increased, but only 2 kgs over 6 months. I use MacroFactor and had it set to a 0,5% weight increase a month. This proved to be hard for the app to adhere too as its such a low caloric surplus it can easily be distorted by noise. Like if i weigh in higher a few days because of less pee or poop. The changes the algorythm does, can easily pull me down in a defeceit and vice versa.

My TDEE took a hit when i added SNS Growth Factor and XPG Alpha Gel because i got a weigh increase from it. And like i said, seeing as my rates of gain is so minescule. The app then cut back on the food to get me back on track. I could have probably stuck to my calories and not followed the app. But I wanted to see what it did.

Plan now is to bulk until end of May. Then I will do a mini cut in June. Where i will do a 1,25% weight drop goal a week. It will be interesting to see how the app handles that. So far i have to fat burning supps lined up for that. But i might hit up @sns8778 and see what he got cooking.

After that i will get back in a surplus. This time i might set my rate of gains to 0,75% a month to see how that works. Maybe i only need a 4 month surplus then, we will have to wait and see!

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I’m sorry to hear about your loss, I was thinking last week I hoped you were doing ok because it had been so long since you posted.

I did/am doing kind of a mini cut right now. I honestly just told MF what I wanted my calories and macros to be. After two weeks once it seemed to “settle” I’ve been personally readjusting the calories and macros myself, but using what it says my daily average should be and distributing the calories so that my 7 day average matches that. I’ve adjusted twice or every two weeks. It’s a little complicated so I can explain more if you’d like.

Hope that helps. I did a year long super slow bulk like you seem to have and the rapid turnover around seemed to shock the app, but this approach seemed to work for me to avoid too much weirdness with the algorithm.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Sorry for your loss. Losing both parents has got to be hard. Glad to hear your nutrition/training is still going though and for people like us, sometimes the routine is what gets us through because of consistency, focus, and our version of "normalcy".

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
So, first of all im alive! I havent been feeling very sosial the last couple of months.

Late last year my father passed away and 2 weeks ago my mother passed away. Even though we werent close, it affected me without me realizing it. This past weekend i went back to Norway for her funeral. So now im the oldest person in my family, which is a surreal thought.

I have not neglected my training or diet, those are the rocks in my life. Im now on my 6 month of lean bulking and its still going good. Fueled by all of @sns8778 great products, i keep getting bigger and strong.

View attachment 241991View attachment 241992View attachment 241993

The 3 images shows weight, TDEE and intake over the last 6 months.

My weight has slowly but surely increased, but only 2 kgs over 6 months. I use MacroFactor and had it set to a 0,5% weight increase a month. This proved to be hard for the app to adhere too as its such a low caloric surplus it can easily be distorted by noise. Like if i weigh in higher a few days because of less pee or poop. The changes the algorythm does, can easily pull me down in a defeceit and vice versa.

My TDEE took a hit when i added SNS Growth Factor and XPG Alpha Gel because i got a weigh increase from it. And like i said, seeing as my rates of gain is so minescule. The app then cut back on the food to get me back on track. I could have probably stuck to my calories and not followed the app. But I wanted to see what it did.

Plan now is to bulk until end of May. Then I will do a mini cut in June. Where i will do a 1,25% weight drop goal a week. It will be interesting to see how the app handles that. So far i have to fat burning supps lined up for that. But i might hit up @sns8778 and see what he got cooking.

After that i will get back in a surplus. This time i might set my rate of gains to 0,75% a month to see how that works. Maybe i only need a 4 month surplus then, we will have to wait and see!
Definitely sorry to hear about your loss 🙏🏻
Sounds like you have kept at it though and everything looking great!

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
good grief man, what a loss! I'm sorry to hear that !

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Man sorry to hear about your Mom and Dad, I know that’s rough.🙏 Glad you’re able to stick to your routine, that’s probably the best thing you could do right now

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I'm so very sorry for your loss.

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Sorry for your loss. Losing both parents has got to be hard. Glad to hear your nutrition/training is still going though and for people like us, sometimes the routine is what gets us through because of consistency, focus, and our version of "normalcy".
Definitely sorry to hear about your loss 🙏🏻
Sounds like you have kept at it though and everything looking great!
good grief man, what a loss! I'm sorry to hear that !
Man sorry to hear about your Mom and Dad, I know that’s rough.🙏 Glad you’re able to stick to your routine, that’s probably the best thing you could do right now
I'm so very sorry for your loss.
Thank you everone, i really appreciate your words.

I’m sorry to hear about your loss, I was thinking last week I hoped you were doing ok because it had been so long since you posted.

I did/am doing kind of a mini cut right now. I honestly just told MF what I wanted my calories and macros to be. After two weeks once it seemed to “settle” I’ve been personally readjusting the calories and macros myself, but using what it says my daily average should be and distributing the calories so that my 7 day average matches that. I’ve adjusted twice or every two weeks. It’s a little complicated so I can explain more if you’d like.

Hope that helps. I did a year long super slow bulk like you seem to have and the rapid turnover around seemed to shock the app, but this approach seemed to work for me to avoid too much weirdness with the algorithm.
Thank you! Its heart warming to hear people ive never met actually thinking about me and hoping im well like that.

So ive been reading RP's MiniCut Manual and was planning on following their advice. So they say to aim calories for a 1,25% weight drop a week and just go with the same calories the span of the mini cut. Im going to see if MF has the abolity to give me the calories on such a steep drop, if not then ill just calculate it myself and input it like you did.

Id love to hear your full explenation if you have the time.