RDLs, Tex deadlift bar, beltless
265x8
+straps
355,405x8

HS CSR
90,135x12
180x8
225x6

No idea how much tension the minibands added to the Sumo pull, but 485 was a maximal strain. Still, had good energy left so I added 10kg more - figured if I could improve my technique I could still pull the 507. I did not improve technique lol; got it a few inches off the ground but as soon as the bands kicked in it was over

Hit beltsquats heavy prior, made some great progress on RDLs after, & finished with a heavy Hammerstrength row to finish out an intense session.
Fark dude….brutal session. Your conditioning is impressive.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Fark dude….brutal session. Your conditioning is impressive.
It’s funny you say that (and I appreciate it), because I really feel like based on what I read from a lot of high level lifters that my conditioning is truly lacking - I am constantly thinking I need to find a way to increase my work capacity.

Not in some self-deprecating overly humble way, but just the hard facts that I could improve faster if I could address more weaknesses concurrently.

In the case of Wednesday nights, it’s mainly just a time issue - I tend to only have a couple hours to get this session in after work and still get home by 8:30 to tuck my son into bed. But the other days, I have been trying to wake up earlier so I can spend more time doing some extra work I often neglect. It would be more ideal to increase the density of the session, but that is tougher than training longer.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
2/23/24

Band Pullaparts, Flyes, Presses, Tris, Lats
Banded Floor Angels

Bench, power bar
45 3x5
+80 chain
45,135,185x3
225,265,295,315,320x1
-80 chain
285 5x6

Tbar Rows
90x15
135 4x12

ss w/ Klokov Press
45 3x15

NG DB Bench
60,70,80x15
90 2x10

alt w/ Widegrip Lat Pulldown
130 4x15

Rope Cable Tri Pressdown
40 5x15

ss w/ Seated DB Rear Delt Flyes
25 4x15

Busted my ass for this one. Added L-Carnitine back in Wednesday, and 300mg of that added preWO and an extra Rice Krispy bar helped me push through to the end of this 160 min session. My shirt was soaked.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
It’s funny you say that (and I appreciate it), because I really feel like based on what I read from a lot of high level lifters that my conditioning is truly lacking - I am constantly thinking I need to find a way to increase my work capacity.

Not in some self-deprecating overly humble way, but just the hard facts that I could improve faster if I could address more weaknesses concurrently.

In the case of Wednesday nights, it’s mainly just a time issue - I tend to only have a couple hours to get this session in after work and still get home by 8:30 to tuck my son into bed. But the other days, I have been trying to wake up earlier so I can spend more time doing some extra work I often neglect. It would be more ideal to increase the density of the session, but that is tougher than training longer.
It’s a juggling act for sure. I’m in the same boat and my conditioning is waaaaaay lower than yours. Family/work/training/life is a giant energy allocation. If I put too many eggs in one basket, the others will inevitably suffer, everytime.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
2/23/24

Band Pullaparts, Flyes, Presses, Tris, Lats
Banded Floor Angels

Bench, power bar
45 3x5
+80 chain
45,135,185x3
225,265,295,315,320x1
-80 chain
285 5x6

Tbar Rows
90x15
135 4x12

ss w/ Klokov Press
45 3x15

NG DB Bench
60,70,80x15
90 2x10

alt w/ Widegrip Lat Pulldown
130 4x15

Rope Cable Tri Pressdown
40 5x15

ss w/ Seated DB Rear Delt Flyes
25 4x15

Busted my ass for this one. Added L-Carnitine back in Wednesday, and 300mg of that added preWO and an extra Rice Krispy bar helped me push through to the end of this 160 min session. My shirt was soaked.
Stronk af!

PolishHamm3r77

PolishHamm3r77

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
It’s a juggling act for sure. I’m in the same boat and my conditioning is waaaaaay lower than yours. Family/work/training/life is a giant energy allocation. If I put too many eggs in one basket, the others will inevitably suffer, everytime.
I feel the plight. I lift after work, out at 5, start drinking pwo and listening to Five Finger Death Punch about 20 min from home, change clothes and be in garage for 6ish. 1hr and 30 min later and the fam has already eaten and I miss quality time breaking bread w them. Lifting in a.m. is not an option as the garage is under both bedrooms and I’d wake everyone up. I was doing 2 min between sets, dropped to 90 sec, this week is a deload so dropped to 1 min and I am sweating like a pig. I’m really only shaving 15 to 20 min off my workout time Might switch back. Such a balancing game at this point.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I feel the plight. I lift after work, out at 5, start drinking pwo and listening to Five Finger Death Punch about 20 min from home, change clothes and be in garage for 6ish. 1hr and 30 min later and the fam has already eaten and I miss quality time breaking bread w them. Lifting in a.m. is not an option as the garage is under both bedrooms and I’d wake everyone up. I was doing 2 min between sets, dropped to 90 sec, this week is a deload so dropped to 1 min and I am sweating like a pig. I’m really only shaving 15 to 20 min off my workout time Might switch back. Such a balancing game at this point.
A labor of love

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
A labor of love
It really is. It has to be.

I was putting on my shoes this morning reflecting on what I wanted to accomplish today in training, when I had the thought, ‘What if I suddenly died & never got to accomplish my lifting goals - wouldn’t that be a waste?’.

Then I immediately realized that there is no end goal or arbitrary number where I will be satisfied if I hit it. More is enough. This is about the process, all that goes into trying to progress. I will do this as long as I derive satisfaction from training!

PolishHamm3r77

PolishHamm3r77

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar

I was putting on my shoes this morning reflecting on what I wanted to accomplish today in training, when I had the thought, ‘What if I suddenly died & never got to accomplish my lifting goals - wouldn’t that be a waste?’.

Then I immediately realized that there is no end goal or arbitrary number where I will be satisfied if I hit it. More is enough. This is about the process, all that goes into trying to progress. I will do this as long as I derive satisfaction from training!
If it becomes no longer enjoyable then what is the point? It’s the fruits of my labor that keep me coming back

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

100%.

There is a version of me that is soft, weak and fearful and the the only difference between him and myself is my desire to be stronger, bigger and faster than yesterday.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I am with you guys on the effort required to get it all in and still have some life balance.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
2/25/24

BandedFloor Angels
Serratus Activations
Wall Slides
KB Suitcase Carries
KB One-leg Deadlifts
RFE Split Squats

Squat, Duffalo bar
55,105x5
215,325x3
+belt
369x3
+2-ply sleeves
402,413,424,435,446x3
457x5

Hacksquat
90,180,230x12

Well, it was a nice ~7 weeks since finally using the antibiotics & getting right, but I’m sick again. My son and wife had it last week from his daycare, but thought I had dodged the bullet somehow - wrong. Basically just drainage & fatigue. Yesterday I was feeling extra achey & unrecovered, and I am due a deload anyway. We are heading to the Arnold Thursday morning, so I will be skipping my Fri & Sun sessions next week since recovery will be trash anyway.

Today I didn’t have any endurance, so I took regular rest periods & just focused on squatting harder (since I won’t get a third week of the wave anyway). Did over 1,100 more lbs of squat volume than last week, basically a squat & leave kind of day. I’ll put my deadlift AMRAP Wednesday in lieu of ME work, and cut accessory down then too I’m sure.

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
2/25/24

BandedFloor Angels
Serratus Activations
Wall Slides
KB Suitcase Carries
KB One-leg Deadlifts
RFE Split Squats

Squat, Duffalo bar
55,105x5
215,325x3
+belt
369x3
+2-ply sleeves
402,413,424,435,446x3
457x5

Hacksquat
90,180,230x12

Well, it was a nice ~7 weeks since finally using the antibiotics & getting right, but I’m sick again. My son and wife had it last week from his daycare, but thought I had dodged the bullet somehow - wrong. Basically just drainage & fatigue. Yesterday I was feeling extra achey & unrecovered, and I am due a deload anyway. We are heading to the Arnold Thursday morning, so I will be skipping my Fri & Sun sessions next week since recovery will be trash anyway.

Today I didn’t have any endurance, so I took regular rest periods & just focused on squatting harder (since I won’t get a third week of the wave anyway). Did over 1,100 more lbs of squat volume than last week, basically a squat & leave kind of day. I’ll put my deadlift AMRAP Wednesday in lieu of ME work, and cut accessory down then too I’m sure.
I feel for you man, the daycare and early school years are just one bug after another.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I feel for you man, the daycare and early school years are just one bug after another.
Yeah I know what I’m signed up for; I love the development we’ve seen in my son since moving him to a preschool last summer, & he really loves going too. All worthwhile things have a cost!

As long as it’s what my wife had and she doesn’t get sick before her comp, idc if I feel bad. I want her to have a great experience.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
it is kinda funny for me to watch my co-workers who are 30-35 with 2 kids at home and constantly sick. since my wife and I only have my son still in the under 18 crowd, and he's gonna be 15 soon, we rarely see that kind of stuff now days. We definitely did our time in the petri dish cesspool though, I get it!

I think a lot of us, if not all of us can relate to that. Watching Jimothys log, he's getting it in when he can. I'm going to be travelling a lot more for work, so trying to get creative on weekend sessions. But I look at pros, in just about any sport and I realize that they are putting in their 8+hrs of training daily while I'm at a desk...

I remember seeing the "daily" break-down for competitors like Froning and Sam Briggs back in the day and it was like literally wake up at 5am, lift.. eat, cardio, lift, eat, wod wod, lift, eat. sleep. or a guy like Tiger Woods. different sport, but 10hr days between swing clubs, cardio, lifting, and masseuse time.

Busted my ass for this one. Added L-Carnitine back in Wednesday, and 300mg of that added preWO and an extra Rice Krispy bar helped me push through to the end of this 160 min session. My shirt was soaked
solid session!! I consider my personal sessions to be optimal when I can hit 6-8 different movements for solid working sets, personally. and that's usually a 90-120 minute session for me. 3-4 movements like I had yesterday is more of a bare-minimum stop the bleeding type scenario.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I think a lot of us, if not all of us can relate to that. Watching Jimothys log, he's getting it in when he can. I'm going to be travelling a lot more for work, so trying to get creative on weekend sessions. But I look at pros, in just about any sport and I realize that they are putting in their 8+hrs of training daily while I'm at a desk...

I remember seeing the "daily" break-down for competitors like Froning and Sam Briggs back in the day and it was like literally wake up at 5am, lift.. eat, cardio, lift, eat, wod wod, lift, eat. sleep. or a guy like Tiger Woods. different sport, but 10hr days between swing clubs, cardio, lifting, and masseuse time.

solid session!! I consider my personal sessions to be optimal when I can hit 6-8 different movements for solid working sets, personally. and that's usually a 90-120 minute session for me. 3-4 movements like I had yesterday is more of a bare-minimum stop the bleeding type scenario.
Well, the thing to remember is the law of diminishing returns: the more effort put into this, the harder you push, the thinner the margin of ROI. This goes for lifting frequency, PED use, recovery modalities.

I definitely agree more fluff accomplished over time is better, but what I’ve found is the bodybuilding isolation stuff is much lower impact/ROI for increasing real strength. It can really add up over months of work, but I also know that I can do 6 isolations or minor movements and they aren’t worth what I did in the squat alone. I cannot leg extension or kb swing my way to a stronger deadlift the way even one serious effort of pulling will impact it. So I give them less weight when I am not eating in a surplus - they are supplemental.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Ordered bloodwork for Monday when we’re back from the Arnold since I won’t be training for a few days. Friday will be 7 weeks off the Trest blast; been cruising 150-180mg test/wk & I would like to bump oil up soon.

Electrake

Electrake

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Ordered bloodwork for Monday when we’re back from the Arnold since I won’t be training for a few days. Friday will be 7 weeks off the Trest blast; been cruising 150-180mg test/wk & I would like to bump oil up soon.
I know some of those words

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I know some of those words
Lol not sure what parts I should clarify, but the gist is I have not been “doing steroids” lately, beyond a dose of testosterone that would routinely be administered for testosterone replacement therapy to keep a man on the high end of normal range.

I would like to increase my steroid use soon into unnatural/high performance realms, so I intend to get my blood drawn to analyze some health metrics first.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Sorry about the illness Hyde, definitely stuff circulating right now. Kids and I have had a cough that hasn't gone away now for at least 3 weeks... just hoping not to be truly sick for this weekend!

Just remember they are pros and paid to do this at that level. Working out is their job. I have to remember that too sometimes when I think about what's attainable.

Now there are definitely pros who this isn't all they do, but that's what they're striving towards.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I definitely agree more fluff accomplished over time is better, but what I’ve found is the bodybuilding isolation stuff is much lower impact/ROI for increasing real strength. It can really add up over months of work, but I also know that I can do 6 isolations or minor movements and they aren’t worth what I did in the squat alone. I cannot leg extension or kb swing my way to a stronger deadlift the way even one serious effort of pulling will impact it. So I give them less weight when I am not eating in a surplus - they are supplemental.
for sure. I call the bb/vanity work my poptarts. less nutritional value, but tastes good

Electrake

Electrake

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Lol not sure what parts I should clarify, but the gist is I have not been “doing steroids” lately, beyond a dose of testosterone that would routinely be administered for testosterone replacement therapy to keep a man on the high end of normal range.

I would like to increase my steroid use soon into unnatural/high performance realms, so I intend to get my blood drawn to analyze some health metrics first.
Lol I'm just messing around, I know all of it, just lack of familiarity with compounds and usage of. Not something I've obsessed over yet.
If you find a few minutes, I'd like to to get with you sometime about workout warmups, what you do, why, etc. Granted you're much bigger than me, we have similar builds and stuff and that'd be very benficial for me if you could spare a few mintues to share that with me.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Lol I'm just messing around, I know all of it, just lack of familiarity with compounds and usage of. Not something I've obsessed over yet.
If you find a few minutes, I'd like to to get with you sometime about workout warmups, what you do, why, etc. Granted you're much bigger than me, we have similar builds and stuff and that'd be very benficial for me if you could spare a few mintues to share that with me.
PM’d you

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
2/28/24
BW 255.2 yesterday

Band Pullaparts, Tris, Flyes, Presses, Lats
Banded Standing Angels
Serratus Activations

Dynamic Bench, power bar
45x10
+doubled minibands
45,135x5
170 5x5 short rests

Paused Widegrip Benchpress
185,225x5
265,270,275,280x6 PR

KB Suitcase Carries
KB One-leg Deadlifts
Mixed grip hang from pullup bar

Deadlift, Texas dl bar
155x5
265x4
315,375x2
+belt
425x2
455x6,3

KB RFE Split Squat
35 3x12

Tbar Row, prone grip
135x15
160x12
185x8
210x6

Felt like crap Monday evening still, under-recovered from the sickness, so I skipped Tuesday training to prioritize recovery: this was a great decision. I was able to train this morning since Wife is done lifting before Saturday’s championship contest, and things went well. Deadlift was a bit weak today, so I added a little back off triple to keep total volume progressing. For undereating and having a cold, bench was exceptional.

Lifting is done until next Tuesday (bloodwork Monday). Time to pack - heading out tomorrow morning for the Arnold!

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
2/28/24
BW 255.2 yesterday

Band Pullaparts, Tris, Flyes, Presses, Lats
Banded Standing Angels
Serratus Activations

Dynamic Bench, power bar
45x10
+doubled minibands
45,135x5
170 5x5 short rests

Paused Widegrip Benchpress
185,225x5
265,270,275,280x6 PR

KB Suitcase Carries
KB One-leg Deadlifts
Mixed grip hang from pullup bar

Deadlift, Texas dl bar
155x5
265x4
315,375x2
+belt
425x2
455x6,3

KB RFE Split Squat
35 3x12

Tbar Row, prone grip
135x15
160x12
185x8
210x6

Felt like crap Monday evening still, under-recovered from the sickness, so I skipped Tuesday training to prioritize recovery: this was a great decision. I was able to train this morning since Wife is done lifting before Saturday’s championship contest, and things went well. Deadlift was a bit weak today, so I added a little back off triple to keep total volume progressing. For undereating and having a cold, bench was exceptional.

Lifting is done until next Tuesday (bloodwork Monday). Time to pack - heading out tomorrow morning for the Arnold!
Still putting in impressive work even while sick. There really has been a lot of “bugs” going around this year, seems more than usual. I hope your wife kills it at the Arnold, and you guys have a great time this weekend.💪🏆

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Things going well in Ohio, got here yesterday late afternoon. Wife didn’t have to water load or sweat, just fasted in the evening and kept the day very sparse. Weighins this morning went great; we popped into the Expo for 15 minutes after and watched a woman squat 600x2 raw & beltless - the Animal Cage is right when you walk in, and they’re doing it big with coming back this year!

Wife is feeling pretty good & ready to rock, my son is having a great time, and looking forward to an exciting wild day tomorrow.

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Things going well in Ohio, got here yesterday late afternoon. Wife didn’t have to water load or sweat, just fasted in the evening and kept the day very sparse. Weighins this morning went great; we popped into the Expo for 15 minutes after and watched a woman squat 600x2 raw & beltless - the Animal Cage is right when you walk in, and they’re doing it big with coming back this year!

Wife is feeling pretty good & ready to rock, my son is having a great time, and looking forward to an exciting wild day tomorrow.
Awesome man glad to hear that! Should be fun watching the little guy soak in all the fun stuff!!

PolishHamm3r77

PolishHamm3r77

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar

Glad you and your loved ones are having a great time. Must be an experience and a half for your Son!
I hope your wife kicks ass and takes names and then reassigns names to asses she has already kicked!!!

Electrake

Electrake

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar

I'm so jealous man! I really wanted to go this year for the first time but couldn't find a wingman. I hope your wife kicks ass

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

That’s awesome…. Glad the little guy and you and your wife are having a good time, I hope she is able to set some new personal best and win some hardware. I had to double down and read that again when you said that women did a 600x2 squat, that’s crazy.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Admin Articles 1
Hyde Supplement Logs 160
Hyde Cycle Logs 101
Hyde Supplement Logs 69
Hyde Supplement Logs 73