How much creatine for max benefit?

ugsavage

ugsavage

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
This I have always went up to 20 grams of creatine monohydrate and currently taking 15 grams of Green Mag. I have always seen better results with higher doses and I was interested in seeing how much creatine everyone takes?
study I came across is claiming that 20 grams of creatine monohydrate for just one week actually rebalances iron homeostasis in the plasma

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I too enjoy creatine at higher doses but I don't go out of my way anymore to supplement with it, though I should.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
5g is my usual. Usually keeps the body saturated. Not sure so much benefits at higher doses

ugsavage

ugsavage

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
5g is my usual. Usually keeps the body saturated. Not sure so much benefits at higher doses
Thanks bro. The other thing I would think is if your getting enough through food then 5 grams a day is effective. Definitely the most cost effective although regular monohydrate is cheap

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
5-10 g with my post WO whey, so 3-5 times a week 10 months a year (I take a little break in summer just out of habit). To my knowledge, that amount should saturate the body and keep levels high. I only use basic monohydrate.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Agreed. I do 5g in my post workout shake and that's sufficient for me.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I just got done with a loading phase of 5 Grams 5 times a day 25g total) now I am going with 5 Grams Pre and 5 Grams Post, but to early to tell anything, other than I am pooping a lot more! :poop:

ugsavage

ugsavage

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I just got done with a loading phase of 5 Grams 5 times a day 25g total) now I am going with 5 Grams Pre and 5 Grams Post, but to early to tell anything, other than I am pooping a lot more! :poop:
Interesting I noticed an increase in bowel movement as well. It seems to have gone back to my normal once in the morning routine though 🤣

ugsavage

ugsavage

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Ever since hearing about Milos Sarcevs peri-workout setup (we discussed it a bit here Milos Sarcev peri-workout nutrition - AnabolicMinds.com) ive been doing 5g with my pre and 5g intra. Hoping it will help a bit extra with cell volumizing etc.
I usually take it pre and intra as well. My post workout meal is usually red meat and brown rice so plenty of creatine/ carbs. Interesting that Milos suggested up to 50 grams of creatine leading up to his show. I have heard of Ronnie Coleman recommending higher doses as well but both gentlemen were obviously running grams of anabolics. I'm sure anything upwards of 20 grams a day would be stressful on the liver and kidneys.

I have always heard that taking glutamine and creatine however is a waste. Something about competing for absorption in the gut. I have always taken glutamine first thing in the morning on an empty stomach to promote gut health but otherwise it gets kinda pricey

MikeSumthin

MikeSumthin

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Never have had any additional benefits taking above 5g's... just my experience.

ugsavage

ugsavage

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Never have had any additional benefits taking above 5g's... just my experience.
I don't believe the benefits described in the article are anything that you could "feel" or see in the mirror. However they are clearly still taking place

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I only take 3.5 grams per day from creatine hcl and MCC. Maybe I am not getting enough?

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Interesting I noticed an increase in bowel movement as well. It seems to have gone back to my normal once in the morning routine though 🤣
I am only on week two, I am sure my system will get used to it!

ironkill

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I’m sticking with just 5g post workout. Too expensive now to run more than that