dapack

dapack

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
April 25th, 2024 (Thursday)

Squats;
3 sets 7 reps 185lbs, 205lbs, 225lbs**Working sets for the week, light work
6 sets 1 rep 250lbs, 275lbs, 300lbs, 325lbs, 350lbs, 375lbs**Messing around with new squat shoes

Leg Press;
4 sets 13 reps

Leg Extensions;
4 sets 13 reps

Biceps;
100 reps

After years of wanting a pair bought some cheaper squats shoes, Adidas Powerlift 5, for $85. Definitely noticed more quad being used and did seem a little easier opening up the hips. This all could just be placebo effect though pretty sure the quads were not. Going to take a long time to find out which type of shoe I am stronger in but will run with these for awhile until I hit a strength or peaking phase and then maybe can figure it out. Happy 2 weeks after PR squats came back and hit the top set today and probably had another +15ish in me.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Those adidas look crazy comfortable and have good reviews. Hope they work out for you!
I still have my Ristos I had bought when we were back at the other forum, they're so used I even dropped them off at the cobbler for a while a year ago for repairs, lol. But lately I've been toying with squatting in my deadlift flats and kinda like it...

squats are looking good! Good to see you hitting it hard again

dapack

dapack

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Those adidas look crazy comfortable and have good reviews. Hope they work out for you!
I still have my Ristos I had bought when we were back at the other forum, they're so used I even dropped them off at the cobbler for a while a year ago for repairs, lol. But lately I've been toying with squatting in my deadlift flats and kinda like it...

squats are looking good! Good to see you hitting it hard again
Hoping they work out and figure if they do might try another pair with lower heel height. These are 1.33" in height.

dapack

dapack

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
April 29th, 2024 (Monday)

Deads;**Conv
4 sets 2 reps 185lbs (DE)
5 sets 5 reps 250lbs, 275lbs, 300lbs, 325lbs, 350lbs

RDL's, Banded;
4 sets 9 reps

Rack Pulls, 3rd Peg;
4 sets 5 reps 275lbs, 275lbs, 300lbs, 325lbs

Leg Curls;
4 sets 15 reps

Seated Rows;
4 sets 13 reps

Lat Pull Downs;
4 sets 13 reps

Biceps;
100 reps

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Hoping they work out and figure if they do might try another pair with lower heel height. These are 1.33" in height.
If you actually have the power lifts they are already pretty moderate in heel height for a weightlifting shoe. They have a 15.5mm (.6”?) heel height where the higher end Adidas and Nikes tend to have closer to 20mm+ (.75”).

Regardless I hope you enjoy them and get some good use out of them. 👍

dapack

dapack

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
April 30th, 2024 (Tuesday)

Bench;**Shoulder test
1 set 11 reps bar
1 set 9 reps 95lbs
1 set 7 reps 135lbs
1 set 5 reps 170lbs
1 set 3 reps 200lbs
1 set 2 reps 225lbs
3 sets 1 rep 245lbs, 260lbs, 275lbs

3 sets 7 reps 135lbs, 145lbs, 155lbs**Working sets

Flat Dbl Press
4 sets 13 reps

Seated Triceps Extension;
4 sets 13 reps

Push Downs;
100 reps

Both shoulders felt great and zero pain on any reps today. Crazy how little strength I lost just doing lighter dumbbells up until 4 weeks ago over the 16 weeks. Slowed down my working sets to about a 1,001 count down and a short pause at the bottom instead of my past way of just exploding throughout the movement. This should be a better way of maintaining my shoulders though the weight will be a little less. Might every few weeks do an explosive set but for the most part will be slower reps. Going to run an 8 week block adding 1 set a week and the 8th week will be a test week. Will through a couple heavy singles in just to get conditioned at a heavier load. See no reason 300lbs is not attainable at the end of the block, if not more. It is not like I am trying to gain to strength but just get it back.

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
April 30th, 2024 (Tuesday)

Bench;**Shoulder test
1 set 11 reps bar
1 set 9 reps 95lbs
1 set 7 reps 135lbs
1 set 5 reps 170lbs
1 set 3 reps 200lbs
1 set 2 reps 225lbs
3 sets 1 rep 245lbs, 260lbs, 275lbs

3 sets 7 reps 135lbs, 145lbs, 155lbs**Working sets

Flat Dbl Press
4 sets 13 reps

4 sets 13 reps

Push Downs;
100 reps

Both shoulders felt great and zero pain on any reps today. Crazy how little strength I lost just doing lighter dumbbells up until 4 weeks ago over the 16 weeks. Slowed down my working sets to about a 1,001 count down and a short pause at the bottom instead of my past way of just exploding throughout the movement. This should be a better way of maintaining my shoulders though the weight will be a little less. Might every few weeks do an explosive set but for the most part will be slower reps. Going to run an 8 week block adding 1 set a week and the 8th week will be a test week. Will through a couple heavy singles in just to get conditioned at a heavier load. See no reason 300lbs is not attainable at the end of the block, if not more. It is not like I am trying to gain to strength but just get it back.
That’s great news and impressive that you retained a lot!

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
It's great to see your momentum building again!

You know where you are going, you got this! Slow and steady wins the race.
Do you think he would be a candidate for slingshot work to protect shoulders while overloading?
I know a lot of guys are using the slingshot exclusively (too much??) to protect shoulders, but I have definitely noticed it allowing me to do things shoulder pain free, that otherwise are uncomfortable now days (like push-ups)

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
It's great to see your momentum building again!

Do you think he would be a candidate for slingshot work to protect shoulders while overloading?
I know a lot of guys are using the slingshot exclusively (too much??) to protect shoulders, but I have definitely noticed it allowing me to do things shoulder pain free, that otherwise are uncomfortable now days (like push-ups)
No, he needs to expand his shoulder capacity if possible so the more low level work/exposure he can tolerate will yield that stronger foundation faster. Slingshot is best later in the training cycles approaching a max attempt, because the weight you will handle/overload is more specific. We want our most specific/highest carryover variations closest to the peak. When you are furthest out, that is the time for more diversity, variation, and weak point/base building work.

Build a firm wide foundation, then use it to lift the biggest weights more safely. We would only want use the slingshot early on/heavily if it was a “it’s this or nothing” scenario.

dapack

dapack

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
May 1st, 2024 (Wednesday)

Squats;
4 sets 6 reps 185lbs, 225lbs, 250lbs, 275lbs

Pendulum Squats;
4 sets 9 reps

Seated Leg Press;
3 sets 11 reps

Leg Extensions;
3 sets 13 reps

OHP's;
5 sets 5 reps 95lbs, 105lbs, 115lbs, 125lbs, 130lbs

Biceps;
100 reps

dapack

dapack

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
May 7th, 2024 (Monday)

Deads;**Conv
5 sets 2 reps 185lbs (DE)
6 sets 4 reps 225lbs, 255lbs, 285lbs, 315lbs, 345lbs, 375lbs

Rack Pulls, Peg 3;
4 sets 5 reps 275lbs, 315lbs, 365lbs, 405lbs

Leg Curls;
4 sets 15 reps

Lat Pull Downs;
4 sets 13 reps

Biceps;
100 reps

dapack

dapack

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
May 7th, 2024 (Tuesday)

Bench;
4 sets 7 reps 135lbs, 155lbs, 170lbs, 185lbs
3 sets 1 rep 205lbs, 225lbs, 245lbs

CGBP;
4 sets 5 reps 135lbs, 145lbs, 155lbs, 165lbs

Flat Dbl Press;
4 sets 13 reps

4 sets 13 reps

Push Downs;
100 reps

Shoulders felt great again besides CGBP. I order a shoulder saver from EliteFTS so hoping that will help and can also you for regular bench if my shoulders bother me a little.

dapack

dapack

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
May 8th, 2024 (Wednesday)

Squats;
4 sets 5 reps 225lbs, 240lbs, 255lbs, 270lbs
2 sets 1 rep 290lbs, 305lbs**Feelers
1 set 5 reps 315lbs

OHP's;
5 sets 5 reps 95lbs, 105lbs, 115lbs, 125lbs, 135lbs

Leg Press;
4 sets 13 reps

Pendulum Squats;
3 sets 13 reps

Leg Extensions;
3 sets 15 reps

Squats felt really good but noticing with the squat shoes I am going well past parallel, which I guess is not a horrible thing. Felt like I had probably 2 more reps if not 3 left in me on the top set. Probably could go for a PR next week of some sort but not going to do it. Depending on the day will just aim for 325-335 for 4 reps.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I can’t do CGBP anymore due to my elbow, but I can usually get away with CG to a 2-board/EFS Shouldersaver. Honestly, I get all of the lockout/tricep strength benefits and got to handle heavier loads than full ROM CGBP.

Would recommend getting the Shoulder Saver! It’s a great product. The Bench Blokz is great as an all-in-one tool for 2-5 board , BUT the SS is the better 2-board explicitly as it goes onto more bar sizes easier. You won’t regret it.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Shoulders felt great again besides CGBP. I order a shoulder saver from EliteFTS so hoping that will help and can also you for regular bench if my shoulders bother me a little.
Would recommend getting the Shoulder Saver! It’s a great product. The Bench Blokz is great as an all-in-one tool for 2-5 board , BUT the SS is the better 2-board explicitly as it goes onto more bar sizes easier. You won’t regret it.
I've thought many times about the bench blokz, but now your recommendation has me curious about the shoulder saver. what is the stimulus on the shoulder saver compared to say the slingshot? (aside from protecting you from full rom). When he first mentioned shoulders I thought he was actually talking about the slingshot because I've been seeing a ton of guys lately grabbing those to protect their shoulders. blocks are one thing my lifting buddy and I have never brought into the game so I'm super curious....

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Also curious about this. My current gym has the full one piece shoulder saver bar, I’ve not used it yet. Benchblokz I do love though.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I've thought many times about the bench blokz, but now your recommendation has me curious about the shoulder saver. what is the stimulus on the shoulder saver compared to say the slingshot? (aside from protecting you from full rom). When he first mentioned shoulders I thought he was actually talking about the slingshot because I've been seeing a ton of guys lately grabbing those to protect their shoulders. blocks are one thing my lifting buddy and I have never brought into the game so I'm super curious....
Entirely different stimulus. Both great options but different use cases.

Slingshot lets you handle a weight through full ROM but gives you a kinetic assistance. You’re both more protected in that bottom ROM and will lift a bigger weight overall.

Boardpress or a Shoulder Saver directly limits your total ROM. Like I said, you can change your grip width so you can change the overall stimulus based on goal, but the fact remains the press is shorter than without. Say your triceps suck at lockout - running a 3-board and moving your grip in a little is going to allow for a big overload for enhancing strength specifically from your long head triceps. And if you want to do some neurological conditioning, taking out a maximal weight to say a 4-board really helps you get used to a weight with remarkably little recovery cost, comparatively. And a 2-board/shoulder saver can be very nifty for extra volume work but cutting down the risk of injury/aggravation, especially with extra wide or closegrip work.

The thing you have to mind when doing board work is not to bounce the bar off the block/board. You can kind of cheat it if you don’t lift with control. Because the shoulder saver is a pad and has a little give, it’s harder to cheat with it.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
The thing you have to mind when doing board work is not to bounce the bar off the block/board. You can kind of cheat it if you don’t lift with control. Because the shoulder saver is a pad and has a little give, it’s harder to cheat with it.
I think Dave Tate was also saying the difference in boards vs shoulder saver was that the board disperses the overall weight of the barbell across a greater part of your body so the shoulder saver is giving you a more realistic stimulus since the weight is more targeted, if I understand correctly...

dapack

dapack

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
My main gym has 2 of those but people seem to not know how to put toys back where they belong lol used it a couple times and each time had to hunt them down like I was Easter Egg hunting

dapack

dapack

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
May 13th, 2024 (Monday)

Squats;
6 sets 4 reps 225lbs, 245lbs, 265lbs, 285lbs, 305lbs, 325lbs

Hack Squats;
3 sets 9 reps

Pendulum Squats;
3 sets 11 reps

Leg Extensions;
3 sets 13 reps

Worked back to back double on Friday and Saturday so needless to say very little sleep those nights. Got 8 good hours last night but no way was going to attempt deads today. Things went better considering everything and feel had def 1 rep in me the last set if not 2.

dapack

dapack

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
May 14th, 2024 (Tuesday)

Bench;
4 sets 1 rep 225lbs, 240lbs, 250lbs, 260lbs
5 sets 7 reps 135lbs, 155lbs, 170lbs, 185lbs, 195lbs

CGBP;**Shoulder Saver
4 sets 5 reps 135lbs, 155lbs, 170lbs, 185lbs

Flat Dbl Press;
4 sets 13 reps

Seated Triceps Extensions;
4 sets 13 reps

Push Downs;
100 reps

Shoulder saver seemed to work good though my CGBP is horrible right now.

dapack

dapack

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
May 15th, 2024 (Wednesday)

Deads;**Sumo
8 sets 3 reps 225lbs, 250lbs, 275lbs, 300lbs, 325lbs, 340lbs, 350lbs, 365lbs
1 set 1 rep 400lbs

You know when you grab the first 45lb plate and feels like 100lbs going to be a bad day. Did what I could and called it day.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
You know when you grab the first 45lb plate and feels like 100lbs going to be a bad day. Did what I could and called it day.
I, too, know & hate this phenomenon. It’s hard to stay positive when it feels like that out the gate. You pretty much know it’s going to be a less than stellar day; just gotta punch the clock & survive.