DaPack..Fighting Age One Day at a Time

dapack

dapack

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
January 8th, 2024 (Monday)

Bench;
9 sets 1 rep 185lbs, 205lbs, 225lbs, 245lbs, 260lbs, 275lbs, 290lbs, 300lbs, 315lbs

Flat Dbl Press;
3 sets 13 reps

Seated Triceps Extension;
3 sets 13 reps

Push Downs;
3 sets 13 reps

Cardio; 40 mins

dapack

dapack

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
January 9th, 2024 (Tuesday)

Cardio; 40 mins

Deads;
3 sets 2 reps 225lbs, (DE)
7 sets 1 rep 250bls, 275lbs, 300lbs, 325lbs, 350lbs, 375lbs, 400lbs

Pull Ups;
8 sets 2 reps

Lat Pull Downs;
3 sets 13 reps

Seated Rows;
3 sets 13 reps

Cardio; 40 mins

Last few weeks been dealing with pain in both shoulders and it is not getting any better. Next week will do no pressing at all and the following week just test out different options so I can continue pressing in some fashion. Think for the best not to do the meet in April and just get heathy and get rid of all these aches and pains. Plus side is lower back fells better and after almost 6 weeks off from deads think I could manage 425lbs.

dapack

dapack

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
There will always be more meets. There will be one in May, June, July, August, etc every month if you will drive a bit.
Hoping to an early fall if possible but will take this time to lose the fat and build a more solid foundation. Think getting ready for last meet my lift went up do to the muscle gained so time to gain even more.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Hope the rest does the shoulders good and you find a way to continue pressing. If nothing else DB's or a decent machine to build some mass while it recovers.

dapack

dapack

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
hows everything feeling?
Left shoulder is still pretty sore. When I raise my arm out to the side the left shoulder starts to really hurt as it gets close to being straight out. Right shoulder though is feeling a lot better.

dapack

dapack

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
January 22nd, 2024 (Monday)

Average Weekly Weight: 200lbs

Swiss Bar;
Pain in both shoulders and minute I added weight was pretty bad.

Bench, Board;
Tried different grips but pain was there.

Incline Press;
Different grips and even with bar could only lower a little and pain was bad.

Dbl Incline Press;
Not as bad at BB but pain was there.

Squats/ Fronts Squats;
Not going to happen

Hammer Decline;
3 sets 13 reps

Hammer Incline;
3 sets 13 reps

Hammer Flat;
3 sets 13 reps

Dbl Press;
4 sets 13 reps

Seated Triceps Ext;
4 sets 13 reps

Push Downs;
3 sets 10 reps

On what I was able to do the weight was really light. 25 to 30lbs dbl and 35 to 45 for hammer. Will have to do TUT do get a good workout with these weight but at least it will be do able. Squat will have to be SSB with different machines to get the job done. Going to be a long haul I feel with the left but as long as there is improvement will hold of on doctors. If pain is still there after 6 to 8 weeks might be time to see what is going on.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Sorry to hear it. Do you have any inkling at all about when or how things began? Like did you start sleeping in a different position or begin some new activities at work, or was there a defining session in the gym where afterwards things seemed different?

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Hate to hear about the pain man. Hopefully you can get it sorted out.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Unless cost is a major driving factor I probably wouldn't put off having it looked at in case it is a tear or something. At least that's what I'd tell anyone I was coaching, lol. If it were me I'd give it the kettlebell armbar test... 3 sets of 3 reps in each arm for 15-30 second holds with very light (20-35lb MAX weight) nearly daily. if that didn't yield noticeable results in 1-3 weeks I'd probably go to the doc myself.

you haven't really been an injury riddled person over the years, this one seems out of the norm for you... that's why it catches my attention a bit more.

dapack

dapack

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Sorry to hear it. Do you have any inkling at all about when or how things began? Like did you start sleeping in a different position or begin some new activities at work, or was there a defining session in the gym where afterwards things seemed different?
Actually start popping up near the end of the prep for the meet I ended up having to cancel on. Been just dealing with it and slowly was getting worse. Thought could just push through but seems made it worse.

dapack

dapack

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Unless cost is a major driving factor I probably wouldn't put off having it looked at in case it is a tear or something. At least that's what I'd tell anyone I was coaching, lol. If it were me I'd give it the kettlebell armbar test... 3 sets of 3 reps in each arm for 15-30 second holds with very light (20-35lb MAX weight) nearly daily. if that didn't yield noticeable results in 1-3 weeks I'd probably go to the doc myself.

you haven't really been an injury riddled person over the years, this one seems out of the norm for you... that's why it catches my attention a bit more.
Will give it a try with the kettlebell. I just hate doctors and part of it is the fear it could be really bad and mentally just don't want to deal with that right now. Obviously if no improvement after time then will be time to see the doctors.

dapack

dapack

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
January 23rd, 2024 (Tuesday)

Deads;
5 sets 2 reps 225lbs (DE)
4 sets 7 reps 225lbs, 250lbs, 275lbs, 300lbs

Pull Ups;
7 sets 3 reps
1 set 2 reps

RDL, Banded;
3 sets 9 reps

Leg Curls;
3 sets 11 reps

Biceps;
100 reps

Next few weeks is just slowly building back into a routine and getting my conditioning back.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
My usual disclaimer: I hated Kettlebells until I was introduced to Jeff Martone, spent time in his classes both classroom setting and gym, and worked with a number of world class competitors who all claimed the KB's rehabbed their shoulders. IIRC Jeff's shoulder was so bad at one point it popped out while he was sleeping and he painfully popped it back into position in bed without waking his wife (that's how the legend goes)

I have found the kb armbar to be a little difficult to teach to non athletes because they "dont feel anything" but I've seen it rehab a lot of shoulders.... maybe there is something of value there for you. I had an athlete who at the age of 65 could not lift a barbell past his eyes, not due to strength, but because he couldn't extend physically that far. it took him a LOT longer to rehab than I ever would have expected but at 6 months we saw massive improvement at at a year he had full ROM....... for what its worth....

i always throw them in now if I get any hint of shoulder pain (which is far less often these days without ring muscle ups and whatnot.)

dapack

dapack

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
January 24th, 2024 (Wednesday)

SSB Squats;
3 sets 3 reps 185lbs, 205lbs, 225lbs
3 sets 1 rep 250lbs, 275lbs, 300lbs
3 sets 7 reps 185lbs, 195lbs, 205lbs

Pendulum Squats;
3 sets 13 reps

Flat Dbl Press;
5 sets 15 reps 20lbs

Dbl Spoons Press;
5 sets 15 reps 25lbs

I faded quick today and can tell how much I lost as far as conditioning/ fatigue management. My triceps are still sore from Monday and chest a little. Figured since the weight is so light might was well hit it again.

dapack

dapack

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
January 29th, 2024 (Monday)

Flat Dbl Bench;
6 sets 15 reps 20lbs

5 sets 13 reps

Hammer Decline Press;
4 sets 13 reps

Dbl Spoons;
4 sets 15 reps 25lbs

Push Downs;
4 sets 13 reps

Left shoulder is improving slowly and my ROM before the pain starts is getting better and right shoulder is a lot better.

dapack

dapack

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
January 30th, 2024 (Tuesday)

SSB Squats;
4 sets 6 reps 185lbs, 195lbs, 205lbs, 225lbs

Hack Squats;
4 sets 9 reps

Leg Press;
3 sets 11 reps

Leg Extensions;
3 sets 13 reps

Doesn't seem like a lot but struggled walking out of the gym with the pump I had in my quads. Going to be feeling this in a couple of days.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
January 30th, 2024 (Tuesday)

SSB Squats;
4 sets 6 reps 185lbs, 195lbs, 205lbs, 225lbs

Hack Squats;
4 sets 9 reps

Leg Press;
3 sets 11 reps

Leg Extensions;
3 sets 13 reps

Doesn't seem like a lot but struggled walking out of the gym with the pump I had in my quads. Going to be feeling this in a couple of days.
No it does seem like a lot if you were training hard lol.

dapack

dapack

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
January 31st, 2024 (Wednesday)

Deads;
4 sets 6 reps 250lbs, 275lbs, 300lb, 325lbs

Pull Ups;
9 sets 3 reps
1 set 2 reps

RDLs, Banded;
3 sets 9 reps 135lbs, 145lbs, 155lbs

Rack Pulls;
3 sets 5 reps 275lbs, 295lbs, 315lbs

Lat Pull Downs;
4 sets 13 reps

dapack

dapack

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
February 6th, 2024 (Tuesday)

SSB Squats;
5 sets 5 reps 185lbs, 205lbs, 220lbs, 235lbs, 205lbs

Hack Squats;
4 sets 9 reps

Leg Press;
4 sets 11 reps

Flat Dbl Press;
6 sets 13 reps

4 sets 13 reps

Dbl Spoons;
4 sets 15 reps

Push Downs;
3 sets 11 reps

Left shoulder is slowly getting better so that is a good sign.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
February 6th, 2024 (Tuesday)

SSB Squats;
5 sets 5 reps 185lbs, 205lbs, 220lbs, 235lbs, 205lbs

Hack Squats;
4 sets 9 reps

Leg Press;
4 sets 11 reps

Flat Dbl Press;
6 sets 13 reps

4 sets 13 reps

Dbl Spoons;
4 sets 15 reps

Push Downs;
3 sets 11 reps

Left shoulder is slowly getting better so that is a good sign.
Stay ahead of any rehab work you are doing for it and be patient with it. Better to come back one month too late than to push it even a single day too early.

Nice work staying after some training!

dapack

dapack

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
February 7th, 2024 (Wednesday)

Deads;
5 sets 5 reps 250lbs, 275lbs, 300lbs, 325lbs, 345lbs

Pull Ups;
5 sets 4 reps
4 sets 2 reps
1 set 1 rep

RDL's, Banded;
4 sets 9 reps 135lbs, 145lbs, 155lbs, 160lbs

Pull Downs;
3 sets 13 reps

Seated Rows;
3 sets 13 reps

dapack

dapack

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
February 13th, 2024 (Tuesday)

Deads;
6 sets 4 reps 250lbs, 275lbs, 300lbs, 325lbs, 340lbs, 365lbs

Pull Ups;
10 sets 4,3,4,3,4,3,3,2,3,2

RDL's, Banded;
3 sets 9 reps 135lbs, 145lbs, 155lbs

Pull Downs;
3 sets 13 reps

RDL's;
3 sets 5 reps 275lbs, 295lbs, 315lbs

Seated Rows;
3 sets 13 reps

Been hard staying motivated lately since it feels like I am just starting all over again and when I look back at Nov/ Dec numbers it really hits hard. Feels like the last couple months got jumped in a back alley by father time and he left be broken and bruised. LOL Left shoulder continues to improved slowly which is a plus.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
February 13th, 2024 (Tuesday)
Feels like the last couple months got jumped in a back alley by father time and he left be broken and bruised. LOL Left shoulder continues to improved slowly which is a plus.
Such a great description of the tough times we inevitably go through as seasoned trainers.

dapack

dapack

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
February 14th, 2024 (Wednesday)

SSB Squats;
5 sets 5 reps 170lbs, 185lbs, 200lbs, 215lbs, 235lbs

Hack Squats;
4 sets 9 reps

Leg Press;
4 sets 11 reps

Leg Extension;
3 sets 13 reps

Flat Dbl Press;
6 sets 13 reps

Dbl Spoons;
4 sets 13 reps

Seated Triceps Extensions;
5 sets 13 reps

Push Downs;
3 sets 11 reps

Going to be feeling this in my quads in a couple of days.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Been hard staying motivated lately since it feels like I am just starting all over again and when I look back at Nov/ Dec numbers it really hits hard. Feels like the last couple months got jumped in a back alley by father time and he left be broken and bruised. LOL Left shoulder continues to improved slowly which is a plus.
I don't know about you but I know for me, the fire in my belly is probably present like half or less than half the time I'm training. it's definitely habit and discipline that carries me most of the time. "go in, put in the work and in 2 weeks when I'm excited to be there, I'll be in a better position". These days when my motivation and drive feel on the low side, I stress over it less and less because I know there are always lulls and the desire will come back hard and fast. Then you just suddenly have one of those awesome sessions that goes twice as long and you still dont' want it to end.

dapack

dapack

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I don't know about you but I know for me, the fire in my belly is probably present like half or less than half the time I'm training. it's definitely habit and discipline that carries me most of the time. "go in, put in the work and in 2 weeks when I'm excited to be there, I'll be in a better position". These days when my motivation and drive feel on the low side, I stress over it less and less because I know there are always lulls and the desire will come back hard and fast. Then you just suddenly have one of those awesome sessions that goes twice as long and you still dont' want it to end.
Agreed. Last couple months been a rough stretch with the lower back and shoulders but things are slowly coming back.

dapack

dapack

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
February 20th, 2024 (Tuesday)

SSB Squats;
8 sets 3 reps 170lbs, 185lbs, 200lbs, 215lbs, 225lbs, 240lbs, 255bs, 275lbs

Hack Squats;
3 sets 9 reps

Pendulum Squats;
3 sets 11 reps

Leg Extensions;
3 sets 13 reps

Flat Dbl Press;
6 sets 13 reps

Dbl Spoons.
4 sets 13 reps

4 sets 13 reps

Push Downs;
3 sets 11 reps

Left should still improving and thinking at this rate maybe in 3 to 4 weeks will be able to do some light barbell work again.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
February 20th, 2024 (Tuesday)

SSB Squats;
8 sets 3 reps 170lbs, 185lbs, 200lbs, 215lbs, 225lbs, 240lbs, 255bs, 275lbs

Hack Squats;
3 sets 9 reps

Pendulum Squats;
3 sets 11 reps

Leg Extensions;
3 sets 13 reps

Flat Dbl Press;
6 sets 13 reps

Dbl Spoons.
4 sets 13 reps

4 sets 13 reps

Push Downs;
3 sets 11 reps

Left should still improving and thinking at this rate maybe in 3 to 4 weeks will be able to do some light barbell work again.
Great session, Pack - I would be dead by the end of legs here.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I misread that deadlift originally and thought it said 8 reps @ 400, I was like OH SNAP!!!

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Agreed. Last couple months been a rough stretch with the lower back and shoulders but things are slowly coming back.
perfect timing, spring is right around the corner... energy levels and morale are bound to go up for us both. it's been a mild PNW winter sorta, but I'm ready for these longer days.

dapack

dapack

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
February 27th, 2024 (Tuesday)

Deads;
6 sets 2 reps 275lbs, 315lbs, 340lbs, 375lbs, 405lbs, 435lbs

Flat Dbl Press;
6 sets 13 reps

SSB Squats;
6 sets 2 reps 185lbs, 215lbs, 235lbs, 250lbs, 275lbs, 300lbs

Dbl Spoons;
4 sets 13 reps

Hack Squats;
4 sets 13 reps

Lat Pull Downs;
4 sets 13 reps

Seated Rows;
3 sets 13 reps

Push Downs;
4 sets 13 reps

4 sets 13 reps

Leg Extensions;
3 sets 13 reps

Had to try and do everything today and did not list it but a lot of super sets going on. Next week will be sort of the same and if not a complete de load will test SSB for singles and maybe start a new dead block over.

dapack

dapack

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
March 3rd, 2024 (Sunday)

Deads;
5 sets 1 rep 275lbs, 315lbs, 350lbs, 385lbs, 420lbs
1 set 0 reps 455lbs

Pull Ups;
3 sets 4 reps
3 sets 6 reps**Assisted

Wasn't to surprised on deads today since 4 days ago did ME for doubles but the way 420lbs moved was a little. Really didn't try to hard on 455lbs but couldn't get it off the floor which was a little shocker. Think whatever energy I had for the day used on the set before. At least have some new number moving forward to try and beat at the end of the next block.