To Infinity.... and Beyond!

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
congrats man, I hope it's a really great and meaningful day for you. as I get older and more grateful for life, I find my marriage is more and more important to me. I had a conversation with myself while driving the other day and I was asking me what I do for fun, what my hobbies are. I responded; "My wife, lifting, golf, and travel".
man this is so true. These last 4 years I have really come a long ways in life. I have a very good marriage, I have become a father, about to be a father of 2. My life focus now is family and I wouldn’t trade that for a single thing.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Bench is looking solid. 3 plates is coming!!
that would be awesome. It would be even better if I could do it sub 200lbs. I'm back to 197 at the moment which is crazy cause I don't "feel" like I'm eating in surplus, although I have not been tracking.

Jeez your cleans are solid man
thanks homie. 225 always feels like that launching/plateau point. my PR clean + jerk is 270 and I know that was a grind of a process to get there. I just like having that explosive ROM in my pocket, makes me feel a little more well rounded.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Been dragging my butt lately. last night got one of those muscle spasms that runs from around the right lat from spine to right peck, up the shoulder. I get them from time to time when training hard and definitely prefer it on my right side over my left so I don't feel like I'm having a hard attack lol. but that one was hard enough to ask my wife to rub it out. she said she could feel the lats spasming, lol. So I pressed on my right pec where it hurt and sure enough I could feel it too.

Super glad today is a DE day, bands are on the menu. I'll still push it hard but I know I won't miss reps on my banded work.
Still running ultra epi + epiandrolean stacked. I feel like the results from so much epi are awesome in the gym, but leads to more intense recovery as well.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Bench
10 x bar, 95, 135
5 x 185
1 x 225, 245, 265, 280, 290

Slingshot
1 x 305, 315

Raw + red bands
5 x 135

EMOTM
10 x 3 x 155
(Last set was 5 x 185)

EZ bar skull crushers
15 x 60, 70, 70, 50

Machine dips
- rear seated -
3 sets

Superset with rear delt swings
3 sets

Weight 196

Felt like crap going in, then it turned on and I didn't want to leave!

IMG20240501114711.jpg

Last edited:
Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Man I feel worked now. Deviations from the plan:

considered a 3 x 5 at 225 paused, but felt like going heavy and testing.
Wanted more reps with slingshot, but crunched for time.
Would have liked to get more accessory work, at least one more chest item like press, incline, pec deck etc but... time.
we used red bands today because the 135lb plate made it too heavy with green bands for my training partner, so we threw 10s on for my sets outside the bands, stripped them off for his sets.

all in all, good session though. felt like a monster. somehow, i do feel like I'm leaning out. the gym mirror says my abs are cracka'lackin big time, the mirror at home says I could stunt double for the pillsbury dough boy.

kjscatch

kjscatch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

Would have liked to get more accessory work, at least one more chest item like press, incline, pec deck etc but... time.
we used red bands today because the 135lb plate made it too heavy with green bands for my training partner, so we threw 10s on for my sets outside the bands, stripped them off for his sets.

all in all, good session though. felt like a monster. somehow, i do feel like I'm leaning out. the gym mirror says my abs are cracka'lackin big time, the mirror at home says I could stunt double for the pillsbury dough boy.
love hate relationships with mirrors

dapack

dapack

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
That is a lot of work you put in. How long did it all take?

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

Body and strength dysmorphia, all of us think we are fat/weak

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Body and strength dysmorphia, all of us think we are fat/weak
haha it's true. and it always seems to get a bit harder to impress the woman each year after the ring goes on but she did send me this the other day 😂😂

must be doing something right lol

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
haha it's true. and it always seems to get a bit harder to impress the woman each year after the ring goes on but she did send me this the other day

must be doing something right lol

The ol helicopter never fails 🤣

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
OH Press
20 x bar
10 x 65 (BTN)
5 x 95, 115, 135
6 x 150

Barbell row
10 x 135, 155
5 x 175, 185, 195
20 x 95 (snatch grip)

Pull ups

EZ bar curls
3 sets

Superset with lat pull downs
3 sets

DB hammer curls
3 sets

Superset with kroc rows
3 sets, light weight

Seated DB curls
3 sets

Superset with DB lateral raises
2 sets

Yesterday's sore throat turned into a fullblown head cold. Pure misery out of bed this morning. Rocked a bro sesh to keep it easy on the system. Wanted 3 sets of pull-ups but my buddy had already moved to lat pull-downs and we had a super set regiment planned out so wanted to keep moving to keep the overall session around an hour or shorter if possible.

if you drew a line down the middle of my face, forehead through nose, down to chin and neck, everything to the left feels plugged up and sold like. but everything on the right side is feeling good so my glass is half full 😂

Definitely a bit on the under the weather side, thinking I should be good by this weekend though.

Weight

Last edited:
Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Had an awesome session with my coach last night, it was 9 holes of actual golf with his coaching along the way. Night and day difference in my improvements, driving greens, etc. it's just like any other sport, when you work side by side with a pro the practice becomes so much better and meaningful.

I could tell my voice was going but I felt pretty good!

Woke up this morning feeling 10x worse than COVID tbh. Really wanted a legs day, especially since it's weekend and I can spend as much time at the gym as I want but wife is pressuring me pretty hardcore to just rest today.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Had an awesome session with my coach last night, it was 9 holes of actual golf with his coaching along the way. Night and day difference in my improvements, driving greens, etc. it's just like any other sport, when you work side by side with a pro the practice becomes so much better and meaningful.

Woke up this morning feeling 10x worse than COVID tbh. Really wanted a legs day, especially since it's weekend and I can spend as much time at the gym as I want but wife is pressuring me pretty hardcore to just rest today.
Your wife is right. Your body is devoting all its resources to fighting this off for the moment. Just give it a few days of dedicated rest.

Maybe ask to play with her new boobs while you’re relaxing - bound to help you feel better!

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Your wife is right. Your body is devoting all its resources to fighting this off for the moment. Just give it a few days of dedicated rest.

Maybe ask to play with her new boobs while you’re relaxing - bound to help you feel better!

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

Hope you took your wife’s advice and feel better soon mate!

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
The wait-for-rack-warmup

Front rack double DB squats
10 x 30s, 35s, 40s

DB RDLs
10 x 50s, 60s, 65s

Seated incline DB curls
3 x 10-12

Twenty sets starts....now...

Squats
10 x 135, 185
5 x 225, 245
10 x 185

+ Redbands
EMOTM
10 x 5 x 135

Front squats
3 x 8 x 95

Leg press
2 sets

Weight 200
I'm the type who gains weight while sick apparently

I was playing around with band setup, this want a ton of extra tension but enough to feel it for an out of practice dude like me.

That EMOTM was stupid. No idea how I summoned the energy for that. I'll regret it for days.

That tore me up, exactly what I was looking for.
Screenshot_2024-05-05-10-38-34-90_801c3494cc30bc6d615367769f98046d.jpg
IMG20240505112411.jpg

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
The wait-for-rack-warmup

Front rack double DB squats
10 x 30s, 35s, 40s

DB RDLs
10 x 50s, 60s, 65s

Seated incline DB curls
3 x 10-12

Twenty sets starts....now...

Squats
10 x 135, 185
5 x 225, 245
10 x 185

+ Redbands
EMOTM
10 x 5 x 135

Front squats
3 x 8 x 95

Leg press
2 sets

Weight 200
I'm the type who gains weight while sick apparently

I was playing around with band setup, this want a ton of extra tension but enough to feel it for an out of practice dude like me.

That EMOTM was stupid. No idea how I summoned the energy for that. I'll regret it for days.

That tore me up, exactly what I was looking for.
View attachment 241960View attachment 241961
Some damn good work and volume not to mention being under the weather 😂 crazy man !

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Dude, that’s exactly what I’m saying about mirrors. I have no idea what I actually look like. Then, I see pictures, and half the time I’m like “ew”, but my wife says “that picture looks distorted, you don’t look like that” lol

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Bench
10 x bar, 95, 135
5 x 185
1 x 225, 245, 265, 280, 290

Slingshot
1 x 305, 315

Raw + red bands
5 x 135

EMOTM
10 x 3 x 155
(Last set was 5 x 185)

EZ bar skull crushers
15 x 60, 70, 70, 50

Machine dips
- rear seated -
3 sets

Superset with rear delt swings
3 sets

Weight 196

Felt like crap going in, then it turned on and I didn't want to leave!

View attachment 241860
I think it’s time I start normal benching again. Just checking in to see my goals 😂

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Some damn good work and volume not to mention being under the weather 😂 crazy man !
as I got started with the 10x5, I thought
a. is this too light
b. why am I doing 5s when I do 10x3 on bench day
c. I can always adjust at set 6 and split it, 5x5 and 5x3

But around sets like 3-6 I was FLYING. fastest squats I think I've ever had. I've always been a very slower mover through the squat so it felt like a great session to build some speed there. However, I started getting a pretty massive leg pump and the last few sets were a grind just to get the legs to move lol

I think pump addict is the greatest preWO I've used in a long time. I have some other stuff I use occasionally and for some reason every time I use Pump Addict I have a way better session. more focus and aggression.

Dude, that’s exactly what I’m saying about mirrors. I have no idea what I actually look like. Then, I see pictures, and half the time I’m like “ew”, but my wife says “that picture looks distorted, you don’t look like that” lol
reminds me of this commercial that keeps popping up lol

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Bench
2 x 15 x 95
5 x 135, 175, 205
1 x 224, 245, 265, 280, 295

Slingshot
1 x 315, 315, 315
5 x 285 (reps PR)

Raw
10 x 225
12 x 185
15 x 135

EZ bar lying Skull crushers
3 x 15

Rear delt swings
3 x 10+

Pec deck
2 sets to failure

Weight

I travel in 10 or 11 days. Wondering if I can smash a PR at 305 by then...
I did not think attempting 320+ was as important as repetitive heavy weight today. my second and third 315 pushes were better than my first. strength is of course always an issue, but there is a neurological practice component to handling very heavy weight that I need to work on, too.

Last edited:
Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
In regards to supplementation, I'm not sure I took anything on my 'rest/sick' day Saturday except maybe a squirt of alpha gel, elderberry (been religious on it since saturday). Yesterday and today back on my full stack:

4-5 pumps Ultra Epi (bottle says I have 30 left)
1 cap epiandrolean preWO, 1 cap after
anabolic effect
pine pollen
cycle assist
1 tribulus
+ SabroxyXT today to fight the brainfog/mondays

I still have an unopened container of pump addict in my car, my regular one at home for weekend sessions, and I'm blowing through emergency ghost supply at the office for lunch and after work sessions, but Pump Addict is far superior.

I'm certain that the muscle development from epi is rockin'.
HOWEVER, all my PRs come pretty much on anabolic effect. I'm glad I have an extra bottle in the wings so that when my epi run ends next week, the anabolic effect + phosphatidic acid XT can help carry me for a while.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Bench
2 x 15 x 95
5 x 135, 175, 205

Slingshot
1 x 315, 315, 315
5 x 285 (reps PR)

Raw
10 x 225
12 x 185
15 x 135

3 x 15

Rear delt swings
3 x 10+

Pec deck
2 sets to failure

Weight

I did not think attempting 320+ was as important as repetitive heavy weight today. my second and third 315 pushes were better than my first. strength is of course always an issue, but there is a neurological practice component to handling very heavy weight that I need to work on, too.
Nice PRs! Man that 305 is right there. I bet if you swapped the high rep 95 sets for bar weight it would give a little more in the tank at the end.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Bench
2 x 15 x 95
5 x 135, 175, 205

Slingshot
1 x 315, 315, 315
5 x 285 (reps PR)

Raw
10 x 225
12 x 185
15 x 135

3 x 15

Rear delt swings
3 x 10+

Pec deck
2 sets to failure

Weight

How much were those Skullcrushers?

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Bench
2 x 15 x 95
5 x 135, 175, 205

Slingshot
1 x 315, 315, 315
5 x 285 (reps PR)

Raw
10 x 225
12 x 185
15 x 135

3 x 15

Rear delt swings
3 x 10+

Pec deck
2 sets to failure

Weight

Awesome work 10 reps at 225 💪🏻🤟🏻🤟🏻🤟🏻 and the 285 for 5! Nice work looks like it’s paying dividends!

kjscatch

kjscatch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
HOWEVER, all my PRs come pretty much on anabolic effect. I'm glad I have an extra bottle in the wings so that when my epi run ends next week, the anabolic effect + phosphatidic acid XT can help carry me for a while.
Have you ever taken Amento XT? Acute strength increase. One of my all time favorites.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Nice PRs! Man that 305 is right there. I bet if you swapped the high rep 95 sets for bar weight it would give a little more in the tank at the end.
I'm not opposed to giving that a try at all, I've been able to work up a sweat with as little as 2.5lb plates for TUT/paused flies before. the first 5 reps of 95 are crazy slow. it's all snap, crackle, pop but the last 5 reps are flying enough to do claps under the bar.

How much were those Skullcrushers?
super light, 40lb ez bar. played with grip width and went for as much rom as possible. we were pretty spent after the bench work.

Awesome work 10 reps at 225 💪🏻🤟🏻🤟🏻🤟🏻 and the 285 for 5! Nice work looks like it’s paying dividends!
thanks homie 🤘
I've not felt super organized in my lifting the past month but I have been consistent and disciplined getting in good hard sessions and I think that's paying off.

I'm also weighing in 10lbs higher than my mexico cut in feb at 197 this morning. But I don't feel 10lbs fatter if that makes sense.

Have you ever taken Amento XT? Acute strength increase. One of my all time favorites.
never even heard of it!

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Bench
2 x 15 x 95
5 x 135, 175, 205

Slingshot
1 x 315, 315, 315
5 x 285 (reps PR)

Raw
10 x 225
12 x 185
15 x 135

3 x 15

Rear delt swings
3 x 10+

Pec deck
2 sets to failure

Weight

Putting in some good bench work there….With the weight you’re already pushing, I’m sure you’ll be able to hit that 305 bench. That would be a good send off for your trip.💪

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Putting in some good bench work there….With the weight you’re already pushing, I’m sure you’ll be able to hit that 305 bench. That would be a good send off for your trip.💪
I'm hoping for 2, maybe 3 more pressing sessions before I fly thursday night. Problem is I have a very hectic Thursday/Friday this week.

For sure I can hit it Sunday. Then I could make a run at it Weds or Thursday.
I'm tempted to do this:

Monday the 6th (done) heavy work and volume
Weds the 8th banded work / accessories
Sunday the 12th Heavy work
Weds the 15th - PR attempt

Might be cramming too much in but this is sorta what my schedule looks like it would allow at the moment.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
What do you have planned for that heavy work session sunday before PR?

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
What do you have planned for that heavy work session sunday before PR?
that will be a sunday session with my boy, so the amount of volume I can fit in depends on his teenage mood and blood sugar level, but he's always good for chasing a top rep + sling shot work. so I guess my goal would be at least 295 raw, 300 would be ideal and / or 320-330 in the sling shot.

as far as accessory work, I'm open to suggestions!

normally we would hit basics that I know he's comfortable with. tricep push downs, dips, etc and then I usually hit the pec deck while he hits leg press, and machine press while he hits leg extensions and leg curls because those machines are all close to each other and I can make sure he doesn't die with the 500lbs he inevitably will put on the leg press (little **** with his monster legs)

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
that will be a sunday session with my boy, so the amount of volume I can fit in depends on his teenage mood and blood sugar level, but he's always good for chasing a top rep + sling shot work. so I guess my goal would be at least 295 raw, 300 would be ideal and / or 320-330 in the sling shot.

as far as accessory work, I'm open to suggestions!

normally we would hit basics that I know he's comfortable with. tricep push downs, dips, etc and then I usually hit the pec deck while he hits leg press, and machine press while he hits leg extensions and leg curls because those machines are all close to each other and I can make sure he doesn't die with the 500lbs he inevitably will put on the leg press (little **** with his monster legs)
If you are going for 305, you have all the heavy stimulus you need already done by what you just did (295 and 315 for slingshot singles). Now you taper a little, staying training but ultimately doing easy and specific sessions that keep you technically sharp but shed fatigue because you stay under your abilities. Do a few doubles with 275 next session, 2nd session do some fast band work, 3rd session light and low volume straight weight, like some practice triples with 225 as final practice, then a few days later you take 305.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
You can do whatever you want, but your best chances now will be to rest up some while maintaining skill. If you take 300, you will likely not be in a good position for a 3rd maximal bench in 2 weeks.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
You can do whatever you want, but your best chances now will be to rest up some while maintaining skill. If you take 300, you will likely not be in a good position for a 3rd maximal bench in 2 weeks.
yeah that's the juggling act I'm struggling with right now, not pushing it too hard while also not taking it too easy. I like your break down above a lot though, that sounds like a great approach.

dapack

dapack

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Congrats on the PR!!! Looks like it is suppose to finally feel like May this weekend finally. We been cold and soaked to start the month.

kjscatch

kjscatch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I'm not opposed to giving that a try at all, I've been able to work up a sweat with as little as 2.5lb plates for TUT/paused flies before. the first 5 reps of 95 are crazy slow. it's all snap, crackle, pop but the last 5 reps are flying enough to do claps under the bar.

super light, 40lb ez bar. played with grip width and went for as much rom as possible. we were pretty spent after the bench work.

thanks homie 🤘
I've not felt super organized in my lifting the past month but I have been consistent and disciplined getting in good hard sessions and I think that's paying off.

I'm also weighing in 10lbs higher than my mexico cut in feb at 197 this morning. But I don't feel 10lbs fatter if that makes sense.

never even heard of it!
I can send you some to try if you wanted to try before you buy. Helps with pumps too. Many other benefits. Send me a PM if you want me to send some.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Congrats on the PR!!! Looks like it is suppose to finally feel like May this weekend finally. We been cold and soaked to start the month.
for real! like 82F. I'm very very excited about some grilling this weekend and getting the yard pulled back together. last weekend was so cold we even made a fire in the house ha.

I can send you some to try if you wanted to try before you buy. Helps with pumps too. Many other benefits. Send me a PM if you want me to send some.
I appreciate it brother! I'll just harrass Steve and find out why he hasn't done the same yet lol. He's got a bottle of alpha gel, phosphatidic acid xt and dhea coming my way soon.