Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Lookin stout Hyde ! Keep movin those heavy numbers bud.
Thanks man - trying to just keep laying the bricks, one session at a time!

04/03/18

Back Ext/GHR/Push-up/TRX Row Circuit
50 total reps each

Frontsquat
45,135,205x3
245,285x5
+belt
320x8 PR

Hi Bar
335,345,355,365x4

Dynamic Deadlift, Stiff bar
225x3
315x2
365x1
405x8 singles in 5 minutes

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
That front squat is impressive. I got 295 the other day. Went for 315 and didnt quite have it. I think i could've got it but i maxed on back squat before that and took little jumps in weight on my way up so i think i wore myself out before i got there lol

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nice work on those fronts, congrats on the PR for reps! Looking big, who makes that shirt? I seem to remember when it was coming out and the person posting the new design on Facebook but can't remember where from.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Stiff bar gives no play in bending lol.

Good tuggin in the allotted time my man.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
That front squat is impressive. I got 295 the other day. Went for 315 and didnt quite have it. I think i could've got it but i maxed on back squat before that and took little jumps in weight on my way up so i think i wore myself out before i got there lol
Yeah you max on squat it’s gonna cost you some fatigue lol - doing it fresh makes a big difference.

Nice work on those fronts, congrats on the PR for reps! Looking big, who makes that shirt? I seem to remember when it was coming out and the person posting the new design on Facebook but can't remember where from.
Apeman Strong. They run schmedium - this is an old large but their XL fits me much better.

Stiff bar gives no play in bending lol.

Good tuggin in the allotted time my man.
When you have to go to work, you gotta get it done! It probably wasn’t even 5 minutes actually.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Fasted for bloodwork, Female Hormone Panel + Lipids, this morning and now drawing it out (just passed the 16 hour mark) some to get jacked. I hate being hungry.

Haven’t had bloods in nearly 3 years! It’s time to get a new baseline and start being more on top of what’s really going on. Cost about $100 for a full CMP, total test, estro, lipids.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I have found if you fast regularly you really do adapt and it is pretty amazing you can go without getting hungry. The hunger can be hard to bear at times when you're adapting though.

That aint a bad price at all. Did you do the online lab thing or through a provider?

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I have found if you fast regularly you really do adapt and it is pretty amazing you can go without getting hungry. The hunger can be hard to bear at times when you're adapting though.

That aint a bad price at all. Did you do the online lab thing or through a provider?
Online, privatemdlabs.com

Sweetlou turned me onto them back in the day. You can get anything you want from them and results come back very fast and legit.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Total Test
Yesterday: 859
2.5 Years Ago: 644

Estrogen
Yesterday: 32.4
2.5 Years Ago: 28.2

215 more points of testosterone for only 4 more estro - that’s a much stronger ration than when I was 25. Pretty sweet. I suspect staying on 5-10,000iu D3/day and frequent rotation of Controlled Labs Blue Gene for 8 week runs 2-3x year has helped improve things, along with probably lower body fat than at that time & perhaps not being exposed to chemicals like when I was a mechanic. I definitely feel healthier than when I was younger.

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Total Test
Yesterday: 859
2.5 Years Ago: 644

Estrogen
Yesterday: 32.4
2.5 Years Ago: 28.2

215 more points of testosterone for only 4 more estro - that’s a much stronger ration than when I was 25. Pretty sweet. I suspect staying on 5-10,000iu D3/day and frequent rotation of Controlled Labs Blue Gene for 8 week runs 2-3x year has helped improve things, along with probably lower body fat than at that time & perhaps not being exposed to chemicals like when I was a mechanic. I definitely feel healthier than when I was younger.
What does the Controlled Labs Blue Gene do for you. Mainly for endurance ?

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
What does the Controlled Labs Blue Gene do for you. Mainly for endurance ?
It’s marketed as a natural anabolic, think Natadrol lite, but I take it for the L-Carnitine primarily, which scrubs the androgen receptors and keeps them fresher for a better response (for any male, natty or not). Everything else in there is bonus to me.

Increased hormone optimization, in a nutshell.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
04/05/18

Morning

Hyper/GHR/Push-ups/TRX Row Circuit
50 total reps each

Rear DB Flyes & Hammercurls
15,20,25s x15

Logpress
126,146,166,188,193,198,203x3

Incline Log
218 3x5

Tri Pressdown

Evening

4in Blockpulls
335 5x8

Calf Raises
100 3x12

Standing Abs
66 4x15

Incline Neutral Db Press
50,60x15
70x13

GPP is definitely up from the circuit work - smoked through the Blockpulls faster than ever. BUT it’s eating into my main lift performance for sure - glad it waves back to 30 reps next week.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
For the circuit are you doing sub max reps @ 8.5 or so on each exercise then moving on nonstop then repeating until each one is complete at 50 of are you breaking them into more specific rep chunks like 5 rounds of 10 reps each?

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
For the circuit are you doing sub max reps @ 8.5 or so on each exercise then moving on nonstop then repeating until each one is complete at 50 of are you breaking them into more specific rep chunks like 5 rounds of 10 reps each?
Going to about @8 typically, except push-ups are easy enough that I will typically just do 1-2 sets. Non-stop as I can manage.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Did you use the discount code for bloodwork?

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
04/07/18

Yoke 100ft
runs up through 470
530 in 12.86 seconds

Frame Hold
380 50 sec

Zercher Yoke Carry
370 100ft each down & back PR

Exergenie Harness w/ Rope
Worked up to 2 ME pulls

Pulling against the rope let’s you really turn the harness resistance up for a truly heavy pull - much better Truck Pull simulation.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
04/08/18

Bodyweight Circuit 50 reps total, excluding GHR

Strict Logpress from Pins
126,148,168,178,188,198x3
208x2 PR

Bench
45x8
145x6
195x4
225,245x2
255x1
275x2
245 4x6

Pressing was strong. Very beat up from harness pull so stones didn’t happen this weekend.

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Exergenie Harness w/ Rope
Worked up to 2 ME pulls

Pulling against the rope let’s you really turn the harness resistance up for a truly heavy pull - much better Truck Pull simulation.
That sounds crazy and fun!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
That sounds crazy and fun!
Man it beat me up! I actually slept in an extra 2.5-3hrs this morning and am going to squat tonight - my body just needed more recovery and wasn’t ready at all. And I didn’t even load stones this weekend!

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Man it beat me up! I actually slept in an extra 2.5-3hrs this morning and am going to squat tonight - my body just needed more recovery and wasn’t ready at all. And I didn’t even load stones this weekend!
What do you take intra?

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
What do you take intra?
Here’s the whole periworkout regiment, been using for months now and really works for my gut while producing stable energy:

30-45min pre:
-preWO stim drink, dash of Morton Lite Salt (50/50 sodium & potassium),8oz water
-1.5-2 scoops whey, 8oz water
-Nutrigrain bar (pick one, they’re all ~24g carbs & 10g fat, I love the Coconut butter-icing filled biscuits or the Almond Granola cups)
-1,200mg Calcium

Intra drink:
-60oz water
-1 sc Green Mag
-2 sc Purple Wraath EAA
-2 sc Cytofuse (50g of modified dextrose & 20g isolate)
-heavy dash of Morton Lite Salt

-1.5-2 sc protein blend shake or a meal lower in fats

Keep in mind I’m usually waking only 45 min prior to training most days & have fairly slow digestion, and I sweat a lot. And training lasts 2-3 hours sometimes with warmup, prehab, activation & events.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Woah, i didnt know Morton had lite salt with potassium included. On my way to the store now and that was just added to the list.

Duuude...its slightly greater than a 1:1 even. 350 potassium to 290 sodium. Thats sweet.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Woah, i didnt know Morton had lite salt with potassium included. On my way to the store now and that was just added to the list.

Duuude...its slightly greater than a 1:1 even. 350 potassium to 290 sodium. Thats sweet.
He's been holding out! I had no idea this existed either. Guess who else is making s run to the store?

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

He's been holding out! I had no idea this existed either. Guess who else is making s run to the store?
Pro Strongman Johnny Woz taught me that. First thing he was hitting after making weight for America’s Strongest Man under 231 -he walks at 260 shredded. It has been a ****ing game changer in my performance. Peri-workout, reload, or just on your food.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I put it in my big bowl of rice, chicken, peas, and Stubb's bbq sauce for dinner tonight. There is a slight flavor difference compared to standard salt but it's just something to get used to. Not unbearable by any stretch.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
04/10/18

Back Ext/GHR/Push-up/TRX Row Circuit
30 reps each

Frontsquat
45,135,205,255,295x3
330x5 reps in a minute cluster (3+2)

Hi Bar
205,295,345,365x3
385 2x3

Deadlift on Stiffbar
405 2x2, 4x1 all in 5 minutes
Beltless + Straps
335 5x8

ss w/ Calves
100 3x12

Evening training so I was a lot more productive - got it all done in 2 hours. The volume deadlift at the end about had me passed out by the last set!

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Pro Strongman Johnny Woz taught me that. First thing he was hitting after making weight for America’s Strongest Man under 231 -he walks at 260 shredded. It has been a ****ing game changer in my performance. Peri-workout, reload, or just on your food.
Have to see if I can source that up here, or something very similar (the morton lite salt) that is.. thanks man.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Have to see if I can source that up here, or something very similar (the morton lite salt) that is.. thanks man.
If you’re a sweaty guy in training or cramp during/after it’s a truly great addition to your intra drink!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
04/12/18

30 Rep Circuit, same as Tuesday

Rear Delt Flyes & Hammercurls

Logpress
126x5,3
158x3
188,208,218x2 PR
198x3

Incline Log
228x4,4,5 PR

Strict Log
126 2x12

Little 5lb PR double today on log - I’ll take it!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Congrats on the PR!!!!

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Congrats on the PR!!!!
Agree! Anything with “log” and “press” in the description is remarkable. I watched log pressing on YouTube and see that almost every muscle and tendon is incorporated to lift that awkward thing!!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Agree! Anything with “log” and “press” in the description is remarkable. I watched log pressing on YouTube and see that almost every muscle and tendon is incorporated to lift that awkward thing!!
It is a brutal, exhausting, awkward lift - nothing like a barbell. It took months to get used to it honestly.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
It is a brutal, exhausting, awkward lift - nothing like a barbell. It took months to get used to it honestly.
Yeah those awkward lifts build true strength too.

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just looked that up myself... Clayton you are a beast brother

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I love log press, but I don't believe I have ever done that much on it

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
It’s good to train around people stronger than you to keep your perspective...my gf has hit 191 in the gym while dieting weighing ~155!
Just unreal!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
04/15/18

30 rep Circuit

Yoke up to 470,500 for 80ft felt speedy

Frame Hold
350 for 65 seconds PR

Zercher Carry
330 60ft
420 100ft each way PR

Didn’t do a lot today; had a new guy check out the group this morning so spent a lot of time showing him how to logpress and do the carries - he’s 6’2” & 295 with a decent base already and really enthusiastic, very cool guy.

Tomorrow going down to STL for a team plane pull for the Special Olympics in the afternoon and training in the morning at the owner of United States Strongman’s barn. Saving my body for that!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
04/15/18

Atlas Stones 52”
170x5
200x2
220x1
260x1 PR
300x1 PR

Series
200,220,260,300x1 PR

Viking Press
+50lbs x10
+100 x10
+150x5,7,9

First time lifting a stone over 240 - took 3 attempts to load 300, but third time’s a charm! Then ran a series where I had to dash out of the garage and back between each load to simulate running to the next platform - needed a spot to finish 300 that time, but it was just icing on the cake at that point!

IMG_1523840943.450752.jpg
IMG_1523840951.571090.jpg
IMG_1523840958.833805.jpg

Plane pull was freezing cold with all the wind on the ramp, but a lot of fun!

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah boi! Get it!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Man that sounds like so much fun...

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
04/17/18

40 Reps Total Each, Circuit
Back Extension, GHR, Push-ups, TRX Rows

Frontsquat
45,135,225,280x5
320x3
360 2x1

Lowbar, same bar with no knurling
360,385,405x1
425x3

Deadlift, stiffbar
225x3
315, 405x1
435 2x6
+straps
455x3

Squatting 425x3 and pulling 15 reps over 3 sets at 435+ with no back issues is the best squatting and pulling I’ve done in the last 8 months at least. When I pulled 628 in comp I was hitting 465x8 on a stiffbar, so to have this much capacity now indicates things are coming back around!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
You can choose to view things as obstacles...or opportunities.

Choose wisely.

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
04/17/18

40 Reps Total Each, Circuit
Back Extension, GHR, Push-ups, TRX Rows

Frontsquat
45,135,225,280x5
320x3
360 2x1

Lowbar, same bar with no knurling
360,385,405x1
425x3

Deadlift, stiffbar
225x3
315, 405x1
435 2x6
+straps
455x3

Squatting 425x3 and pulling 15 reps over 3 sets at 435+ with no back issues is the best squatting and pulling I’ve done in the last 8 months at least. When I pulled 628 in comp I was hitting 465x8 on a stiffbar, so to have this much capacity now indicates things are coming back around!
628! Dang! Ive never pulled above 515. May latest max was 500. I really wanna pull 600... And squat 500... And bench 400 is that too much to ask? Lol

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
You had some left with that 628 too if I remember correctly. That was the comp we did together last year right? because I think i was pushing you to go for 633 to match totals (or beat my total...i dont remember exactly what it was). I know we were either the same or one of us got the other by 5lbs.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
You had some left with that 628 too if I remember correctly. That was the comp we did together last year right? because I think i was pushing you to go for 633 to match totals (or beat my total...i dont remember exactly what it was). I know we were either the same or one of us got the other by 5lbs.
Yeah I totaled 1,482 & you did 1,487 pulling 622 I believe. I had originally called 633 to tie but decided I wanted the confidence in the # more than a tie.

If only you had hit that last bench - I believe it was 369 and just missed the lockout! That would have pushed you over 1500