headache and vomiting out of no where

bananaClip

bananaClip

Awards
  • Established
This has happened to me a few times before, but the past 2 months it has happened twice. i have no idea how or why it happens.
I would wake up with a minor headache. my head would feel heavy, like pressure on the side of my head. a few hours(everytime when i experienced it) later the headache would become more severe and i would feel weak and nauseous. to the point where id have to lay down then i would wake up just to vomit. after this process repeats a few times(the more i vomit) the better i would feel then all of a sudden im normal.

I dont think its stomach related becuase i dont feel any type of pain in my torso area. i think the vomiting is due to the headache but i dont know why it happens. I NEVER get headaches of any kind, ever. I take a lot of supplements and that could be the cause of it. i honestly cant think of another reason. but i cant think of what supplements could cause this. i just hope is nothing serious.. like liver or gallbladder or something crazy. and i know its best to seek help from a professional but the symptoms are just so vague. the only solid thing about this is the time and headache and vomit.

anyone ever had similar experience?

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This seems like something you would go to the doctor for. An internet forum is the last place you want to go for medical advice.

ajbogs

ajbogs

Awards
I had something similiar happen post concussion when i played football in highschool. I was light headed, felt weak, vomited a handful of times, etc. I'd see a doctor.

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Almost sounds like migraines, use to get them when I was a kid. Almost the same description. When you get a headache do you stay in a dark room, light bothers you?

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Neurologist bro!

jon777

Awards
hmmm definitely sounds worrisome. unlikely GI since no abdominal pain. A member did mention migraines which can be associated with nausea and vomiting, also sensitivity to light or sounds. If the room feels like its spinning it could be BPPV which is vertigo and due to crystals in your inner ear. if you had a trauma to your head you could have a bleed, but considering the duration you would likely have had more serious outcomes by now, although there are certain bleeds that are slow but more common in the elderly. If you are over 50, new onset headache earns a workup for a tumor/space occupying lesion. Regardless, this is something that is worth being evaluated by your physician.