The AM community physique critique thread

Michael_scarn

Michael_scarn

Awards
Is this thread still active? Just stumbled upon it and would like to get some insight

Michael_scarn

Michael_scarn

Awards
20161004_180951.jpg

So this is a year ago

IMG_20170601_120613.jpg
IMG_20170529_231258.jpg

And these are current. I've been lifting and studying the art for a year now. I was just wondering if anyone could let me know if they see any areas I need some work(I know these pics don't show a lot) or maybe even some advice

Anything would be really appreciated

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
View attachment 149552

So this is a year ago

View attachment 149553View attachment 149554

And these are current. I've been lifting and studying the art for a year now. I was just wondering if anyone could let me know if they see any areas I need some work(I know these pics don't show a lot) or maybe even some advice

Anything would be really appreciated
Really great progress. Dramatic weight loss and certainly built some muscle too.

In general just overall size will be your next endeavor. Chest definitely could use some mass and delts a bit for definition. Can't see back or legs tho so can't comment there.

Michael_scarn

Michael_scarn

Awards
Thanks for the feedback man. I've got to the point to where I've gotten pretty lean but in all honesty I'm scared to bulk because I don't want to put on any fat now that I've lost so much. Plus it's summer time. Trying to be shredded for the first time in my life during summer

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Thanks for the feedback man. I've got to the point to where I've gotten pretty lean but in all honesty I'm scared to bulk because I don't want to put on any fat now that I've lost so much. Plus it's summer time. Trying to be shredded for the first time in my life during summer
Why dont you do a lean bulk?

Michael_scarn

Michael_scarn

Awards
Are you talking about just eat something like a +500 calorie excess while eating solid sources of protein and lower carbs. Because if so, that's some what what I've been doing

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Are you talking about just eat something like a +500 calorie excess while eating solid sources of protein and lower carbs. Because if so, that's some what what I've been doing
I was talking higher proteins, lower carbs, and making sure your doing cardio with your workouts. +500 calories is good just make sure protein is higher than carbs and fat

Michael_scarn

Michael_scarn

Awards
Gotcha man. I appreciate the input. I'll definitely look more I to this man

APC80

APC80

Awards
Just bulk mate, lean bulk is a tediously long process where you'll spend half the time spinning your wheels while you try to get your cals perfected. Then just cut when you've put on some muscle you already know how to do it anyway.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Just bulk mate, lean bulk is a tediously long process where you'll spend half the time spinning your wheels while you try to get your cals perfected. Then just cut when you've put on some muscle you already know how to do it anyway.
Agree 100%.
Why are you so scared of carbs? Carb's don't make you fat a massive caloric surplus + Time does...
1g/lb of protein, at least 20-30% fats and the rest carbs. Carbs are very protein sparing once you are in a surplus and meet your minimums. Plus they are only going to help you recover from workouts/cardio sessions to help you add size and strength.

You can't always think about adding size if you don't want to eat for it. Or else like APC Said you will just end up spinning your wheels trying to consume so little and keep cardio high where you will not go anywhere.

APC80

APC80

Awards
^^This exactly. Carbs are needed when you're training hard don't be scared of them. Imo low carb diets are for people that sit on their arse all day.

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
Okay so I need some input from y'all.
Some people have told me my strong point is my back; others, my shoulders. I personally think my back is my strongest asset. What do you think?
Also any other input is appreciated. Other than my legs, because trust me, I know. They're small.
IMG_4031.jpg
IMG_4214.jpg
IMG_4215.jpg
IMG_4216.jpg
IMG_4217.jpg
IMG_4218.jpg
IMG_4220.jpg
IMG_4242.jpg
IMG_4243.jpg
IMG_4246.jpg

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
hard to 100% pinpoint when you mostly hide your legs in almost all the shots. Seeing mostly the side of your legs doesn't tell the whole story. A Behind shot of a rear lat or double bicep would help us see how your hamstrings look & definition. from the front it would help show tear drop and width of your legs. With some minor posing adjustments I think you could make your back look twice as thick, especially the back double bicep.

Personally I would do a few things:
-work on a lot more narrow stance leg work (To help quad sweep and width of your legs) from the ab thigh pose you could use the added thickness to be more 3D.
- Chest thickness, it lacks in your most muscular near the top. The chest doesn't look very round which could come up and make your look pop a lot more.
- Back double bicep pose get your fists closer to your head and close the gap between your arms and your head. This is a lot of negative space which makes your arms look smaller. Once you are set roll your wrists back and tilt your elbows forward. This will help release your lats and make you look 5x wider.
- Side chest, Drive that back knee right into the hamstring and make it pop. Tense your back shoulder and squeeze your back pec. They look soft compared to your closer pec because it is tensed. This will help make the back side of the side chest look more symmetrical.
- Rear lat, keep your head neutral but focus on rolling your elbows forward more to expand your lats and look wider.
- Front lat - relax your head, keep your shoulders down you look very uncomfortable. Roll elbows forward and release your lats.

Hope these help you.
here is a small reference on the back double bicep

notice how my fists and hands are closer to my head? Makes my shoulders and arms look bigger from behind

Rear Lat:

stay relaxed and really focus on stretching those lats out by driving your elbows forward.

here is a good reference for the side chest, see how my hamstring pops from the front? I am using my back knee to help make it pop. Notice my back shoulder driving into my back pec to make it pop? Sure I could of rotated more, but hard to do when you have someone taking the pics and you do not know how you look

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
hard to 100% pinpoint when you mostly hide your legs in almost all the shots. Seeing mostly the side of your legs doesn't tell the whole story. A Behind shot of a rear lat or double bicep would help us see how your hamstrings look & definition. from the front it would help show tear drop and width of your legs. With some minor posing adjustments I think you could make your back look twice as thick, especially the back double bicep.

Personally I would do a few things:
-work on a lot more narrow stance leg work (To help quad sweep and width of your legs) from the ab thigh pose you could use the added thickness to be more 3D.
- Chest thickness, it lacks in your most muscular near the top. The chest doesn't look very round which could come up and make your look pop a lot more.
- Back double bicep pose get your fists closer to your head and close the gap between your arms and your head. This is a lot of negative space which makes your arms look smaller. Once you are set roll your wrists back and tilt your elbows forward. This will help release your lats and make you look 5x wider.
- Side chest, Drive that back knee right into the hamstring and make it pop. Tense your back shoulder and squeeze your back pec. They look soft compared to your closer pec because it is tensed. This will help make the back side of the side chest look more symmetrical.
- Rear lat, keep your head neutral but focus on rolling your elbows forward more to expand your lats and look wider.
- Front lat - relax your head, keep your shoulders down you look very uncomfortable. Roll elbows forward and release your lats.

Hope these help you.
here is a small reference on the back double bicep

notice how my fists and hands are closer to my head? Makes my shoulders and arms look bigger from behind

Rear Lat:

stay relaxed and really focus on stretching those lats out by driving your elbows forward.

here is a good reference for the side chest, see how my hamstring pops from the front? I am using my back knee to help make it pop. Notice my back shoulder driving into my back pec to make it pop? Sure I could of rotated more, but hard to do when you have someone taking the pics and you do not know how you look

Thank you! And yeah I didn't show my legs much just because I already know how much work they need. Believe it or not they look much better than they did 2 months ago. That's how much progress they need.
I'll do some posing after my workout and see if I can work in some of these tips.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Thank you! And yeah I didn't show my legs much just because I already know how much work they need. Believe it or not they look much better than they did 2 months ago. That's how much progress they need.
I'll do some posing after my workout and see if I can work in some of these tips.
I would suggest having someone take a video, watch it, and then adjust and remember the tips. It is so HARD to change posing that much just off reading text unless someone puts you into the right position. It is a very hard tactic and aspect to learn. Will require LOTS of practice.

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
Alright fellas. In these pictures I am a little over 7 weeks out. They were taken last Friday. I will be competing in physique class at the Texas Legends August 5th. Working the hell out of my chest and am fairly happy with my back. Currently just trying to lean out just a little more. More size I will try and take care of during the off season, just want to make sure I am on the right track.

A little stomach flexion:

Couple different back views:

Camera is shyt, but good enough....hehe

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
I would suggest having someone take a video, watch it, and then adjust and remember the tips. It is so HARD to change posing that much just off reading text unless someone puts you into the right position. It is a very hard tactic and aspect to learn. Will require LOTS of practice.
Yeah. My posing is probably better when I'm with my coach and he's tweaking things in person. I only see him every other week or so, and I try practicing every day.

NoAddedHmones

NoAddedHmones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Okay so I need some input from y'all.
Some people have told me my strong point is my back; others, my shoulders. I personally think my back is my strongest asset. What do you think?
Also any other input is appreciated. Other than my legs, because trust me, I know. They're small.
To be perfectly honest, you just need more time lifting under your belt to develop a decent base. Are these all recent? probably should really address your gyno.

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
To be perfectly honest, you just need more time lifting under your belt to develop a decent base. Are these all recent? probably should really address your gyno.
Yes, recent. And it's being addressed.

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
If you don't mind me asking, how does one address gyno?
Most effective way: surgery.
Other than that, raloxifene is best. Letro is next best, but comes with a whole boatload of undesirable side effects.
I have ralox on the way and if it's not enough, I have letro on hand.
This always happens when I use wet orals though, and then it goes away rather rapidly after I come off. These pics were taken when I was just finishing up with my oral compounds.

Fasted

Awards
  • Established
Most effective way: surgery.
Other than that, raloxifene is best. Letro is next best, but comes with a whole boatload of undesirable side effects.
I have ralox on the way and if it's not enough, I have letro on hand.
This always happens when I use wet orals though, and then it goes away rather rapidly after I come off. These pics were taken when I was just finishing up with my oral compounds.
Thanks. For the record, I thought you look good, just wondering for myself as im not sure how much fat I'll have on my chest once i finish this endless cut lol. Didn't even notice til I saw the comment and looked again. But I'm not down with surgery and side effects. I'm a delicate lil flower and there's not much I AM willing to do outside of working and diet, so I hope my chest leans out with me. A good 15 pounds to lose still before I know.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Finishing up my cut in a few weeks. Just trying to reset insulin sensitivity before building back up.

not the best lighting in the last picture..

BlockBuilder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Damn this is impressive. Especially natural.

As DW said, back width would def be my point to focus on... maybe some more calf work as well as your upper legs are very solid. A bit hard to tell for sure on the calves tho since they're partiall cut off.
Lmao at natural. You have to be ****ing delusional to believe that. Seriously this just turned into BB.com. I don't care what he says he's not natural. Jesus Christ this goes on even in AM it's sad

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Lmao at natural. You have to be ****ing delusional to believe that. Seriously this just turned into BB.com. I don't care what he says he's not natural. Jesus Christ this goes on even in AM it's sad
Funny how people always try to discredit hard work. Just because maybe YOUR build is not what his, doesn't make someone outside of the bell curve, not "natural"

Envy runs rampant on-line.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
I don't see that physique as unattainable naturally, so where is the issue here?

I'd rather believe the guy than assume him a liar from the start.

We all know some guys lie about AAS use but it's never worth the argument.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
wow that was delayed... i guess you've never met someone who has good genetics? Maybe try going to a big college and seeing some of the guys there... its really not that far fetched for a naturally big guy to be.... wait for it.... naturally big. he's not freaky big or lean so theres really no reason to say he cannot be natural. good genetics and meticulous diet can go a long way.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
wow that was delayed... i guess you've never met someone who has good genetics? Maybe try going to a big college and seeing some of the guys there... its really not that far fetched for a naturally big guy to be.... wait for it.... naturally big. he's not freaky big or lean so theres really no reason to say he cannot be natural. good genetics and meticulous diet can go a long way.
Yeah, he's definitely big and lean, very impressive, but it's not like he's pro-BB size or anything that screams 100% non-natty. I'm pretty sure he's been here for at least a few years and has said he's natty and asked about natty supps/stacks/etc. Sure, it's possible he's lying, but why would he? Why spend time worrying about natty things that are trivial compared to real AAS if he's using AAS? Why lie to a bunch of dudes in an online forum? I don't even think he's trying to sell us anything by claiming he used "X" and is natty. AM is pretty accepting of people who do use gear, and is full of great advice and knowledgeable users, so I don't really see a point of lying here. Just my $0.02

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
Some people are just gonna hate. They probably weigh the same as him and aren't in as good of shape. It's not like he is one of those youtubers telling a tall tale about how natty they are so they can schlep you something. Even if he's not, who fcking cares. It isn't personally affecting you in any way. Tighten up that diet and get your training right and get some discipline and you'd be surprised at what you can do.

BEAST73

BEAST73

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Some People at My gym think that I am juicing. I agree with booneman77, and tygatyga, about Genetics,Deit, and hard work is a Big factor.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Right. I was semi in that boat until I dialed in 100%. Just like when I won my middle weight class last year. Trt and some clen. I know knuckle heads scream from the mountain top "not natty" well I beat everyone but 1 person who were all on much more support than TRT.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Funny how people always try to discredit hard work. Just because maybe YOUR build is not what his, doesn't make someone outside of the bell curve, not "natural"

Envy runs rampant on-line.
Everyone's a tough guy and quick to call out but never post pics or vids.

Glad to see you're still active here. PM me links of any logs you're running.

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
I posted pics on the prior page and some people say I am on steroids....if I was, I would be pretty pissed at the results....haha

BlockBuilder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Yea I'm not debating anything. I know when someone's on gear. Sad AM has turned into BB.com. It's just hard to believe guys here lie about it.

BlockBuilder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Some People at My gym think that I am juicing. I agree with booneman77, and tygatyga, about Genetics,Deit, and hard work is a Big factor.
You are juicing. You have posts outlining your cycles on here. Wtf. Lmao!!

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Guys... go back and read post #1.

Take the negative comments and accusations elsewhere.

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
IMG_4294.jpg

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
IMG_4295.jpg

matd

matd

Awards
IMG_8427.jpg

this isn't my photo, but this is my end goal.

Anyone agreed this physics is incredible?

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
matd

matd

Awards
[/ATTACH]
IMG_8527.jpg
IMG_8532.jpg

Be right in saying I should just focus on traps and chest for following weeks?

6ft 2
185lb

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
A little washed out from the lighting.
Back into gaining mode up a few pounds the first week due to added calories (500 daily). Looking to put on some size and see where I sit before deciding on the WV Mid-Atlantic in November (Same show I did last year)

^^^ My worst pose by far due to my midsection