Segansational's Motivation Log

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
what are you weighing in at now? I'm betting the swollen fingers isn't calories, just sodium. My wedding ring fits the same at 178lbs as it did at 207lbs. and today at 197/198 it could be loose or snug depending on weather and sodium...

maybe get some more water in your day, flush some stuff out and see if that makes you feel a little better?
176.2# as of this morning. Definitely had somewhat to do with the nice mothers day dinner I made the night before for my wife. Did a scallops and angel hair pasta with a white wine lemon caper sauce and some greens in garlic. Fingers weren't as swollen today.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
dude that sounds awesome.
yeah I think some good salty seafood and pasta would swell me up for a day or two as well lol
scallops are my favorite, that's 1 of the 2 things I ask my wife for every bday!

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Catching back up, sorry to hear the back and left side still acting up. Sounds like a killer Mother’s Day dinner man!

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Legs
Slept in later than usual, so had to shorten today's session. Since my knee sleeves weren't here yet, decided to go for just a quick pump session. My right side was also bugging me yesterday too, so figure going light would be more beneficial than pushing things with BB squats.

Foam rolling/stretching
Bird Dogs x10,5,3 and some Cat Backs

TRX squats x TRX lunges, 3x10-12
Seated leg extensions, 3 plates: 3x10
RDLs, EZ bar +40x3x10
TRX calf raises 3x10

Stretching/foam rolling to finish.

My hamstrings felt super tight this AM. Need to work on more stretching I think, as I was having difficulty touching my toes and felt a lot of stretch on the RDLs. I've always had tight hams, but not sure what's causing it to be so bad right now, but will start to work on it.

Pre: 2 scoops Pepti-Plex, 2 scoops Kraken.
Intra: Same as usual.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Random note: I hate using Myprotein's glutamine. Having it in one of those stupid little "resealable" bags is terrible vs a tub. Constantly getting powder all over my hands as I reach in to scoop. Makes a mess everywhere.
Buy it and dump it into one of those disposable tupperware type of containers, or an old protein powder bottle and you are golden.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Apparently I'm off on my schedule. Missed doing my real bench day, but just going to keep going in my rotation right now. So shoulders/arms again:

TRX biceps 3x10
EZ bar curls +40x3x10
Machine Cable Curls, 3 plates x 3x10
TRX triceps 3x10
Dips 3x10
Resistance band triceps ext, 3x10
EZ Bar Upright Rows +40x3x10
DB laterals 10x3x10

54:23, 164 cals.

Pre: 2 scoops Kraken, 4 caps Pepti-Plex
Intra: Same as usual

Feel like my arms were really popping today. Particularly left triceps. Shape seems to be progressing nicely.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Maybe you will see some nice numbers on your next chest session with the small break.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Maybe you will see some nice numbers on your next chest session with the small break.
Perhaps? Technically my next WO would be accessory chest again, but I did work up to 185 on incline last time. I may just make my next session my flat bench anyways. Then deadlifts again the following day. But tomorrow is an off day for me. Have the kids by myself this weekend, so lots of activities planned. So we'll see how it all goes!

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Bench Press

Stretching/foam rolling.
Rotator Cuff Ex, resistance bands 2x12,12
Bird Dogs x10,5,3
Cat Backs
Chest stretches

Bench Press:
Warm ups, 95x10
135x8
160x6
185x3
200x2 - probably had one more in the tank tbh

Slingshot assist:
220x3
225x0 - Thought I could do it coming off the above set, but still didn't have the lift off.

Pre: 2 scoops Kraken, 2 caps EJ, 4 caps Pepti-Plex

Bit of a stop start WO this AM because of the kids, but all in all a good session. Not even going to show the fitbit, since it kept pausing. Overall my back has been bugging me a little - it's like every time my body knows I'm going to gear up for a big session it starts reminding me, LOL. Not even any particular area, just everywhere!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nice work!

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Would 200x3 have been a new rep or at that weight?
Well, if I look back at my log numbers, technically no - I've done 200 for 3x3 before. But that was when I was using my 1" bar which I don't believe is the same weight. I'd probably put it at 15-20# under my olympic bar feasibly.

But again, knocking on the door of 225 now (with the slingshot) which would be a new PR. 220 SS actually was over my prior PR of 215 earlier this year.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Deadlifts:

Bird Dogs x10,5,3

Deadlifts, double overhand grip, resistance band pullaparts before each set:

Warm ups, 95x10
135x8
185x6
205x3
220x1 - belted here on out

Working sets:
235x2 - only stopped at 2 due to grip
235x3 - with wrist straps
235x3 - with wrist straps

Just a solid performance session this morning. Felt good.

53:34, 168 cals.

Pre: 2 caps EJ, 2 scoops Kraken, 4 caps Pepti-Plex

Felt a little winded and a little nauseous this AM right before my working sets, likely due to the heat. Had my fan on as usual, but we just hit another heat wave here on the East Coast, and I didn't turn on the A/C yet. Lifted shirtless towards the end. Benefits of a home gym cause no one wants to see all this! elbows bugging me a little bit. Realized I've been off Joint Edge, so maybe it was doing more than I realized...

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Nice work on the deads looks like a great session! Sounds like it was quite the sweat session

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I was dripping sweat while shirtless in the garage on Sunday! But I didn’t want to turn on my big fan yet - I feel like I need to make it to June before I pull that lever

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Still probably getting in the gym every other day lately. Going by how my body feels each morning, so no workout yesterday. Legs today.

A few random notes:
  • Knees are still popping. Will definitely get some more joint support with my next order.
  • Got my Cerberus 2-ply knee sleeves in! Definitely solid and thick construction. Bought large and it's still fairly snug.
  • My calves are pathetically small.
  • Everything today just felt tiring / quad dominant.
Squats
Cat Backs x Bird Dogs
Foam rolling/stretching.

BB squats
Warm up, 95x10
135x8 - Put on my knee sleeves here to get used to the feel with light weight first.
185x6
220x3

Working sets - Belted / Knee Sleeves
235x5
235x5
235x5

TRX calf raises 2x15
Foam rolling / stretching to finish.

1 hr, 187 cals.

Pre/Intra: Same as usual

Well, the sleeves definitely give just a little push out of the hole. Not really to "move" the weight per se, but just feels at the bottom that I won't get stuck. Noticed it on the set of 220#. Kept it still lighter than I'd have liked today, as I started out 6 weeks or so ago working with sets of 265#, but tbh I almost backed out of today's leg session. Even with the new lifting gear - which I usually get excited about - I just didn't have the desire this AM. Very unlike me, but sacked up. That's what this game is about, right?? Mentally, I know I need a vacation. Work has been a rough pace lately, so the holiday coming up is definitely at the right time.

Last edited:
akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Still probably getting in the gym every other day lately. Going by how my body feels each morning, so no workout yesterday. Legs today.

A few random notes:
  • Knees are still popping. Will definitely get some more joint support with my next order.
  • Got my Cerberus 2-ply knee sleeves in! Definitely solid and thick construction. Bought large and it's still fairly snug.
  • My calves are pathetically small.
  • Everything today just felt tiring / quad dominant.
Squats
Cat Backs x Bird Dogs
Foam rolling/stretching.

BB squats
Warm up, 95x10
135x8 - Put on my knee sleeves here to get used to the feel with light weight first.
185x6
220x3

Working sets - Belted / Knee Sleeves
235x5
235x5
235x5

TRX calf raises 2x15
Foam rolling / stretching to finish.

1 hr, 187 cals.

Well, the sleeves definitely give just a little push out of the hole. Not really to "move" the weight per se, but just feels at the bottom that I won't get stuck. Noticed it on the set of 220#. Kept it still lighter than I'd have liked today, as I started out 6 weeks or so ago working with sets of 265#, but tbh I almost backed out of today's leg session. Even with the new lifting gear - which I usually get excited about - I just didn't have the desire this AM. Very unlike me, but sacked up. That's what this game is about, right?? Mentally, I know I need a vacation. Work has been a rough pace lately, so the holiday coming up is definitely at the right time.
I might have to look into those sleeves mine are a little to loose. Glad you got your session in and a good one too!

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I might have to look into those sleeves mine are a little to loose. Glad you got your session in and a good one too!
Just keep in mind sleeves of this type will be a little different than your typical neoprene sleeve.

Nothing wrong with that just make sure you choose the right tool for the job you are looking at it for.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Very unlike me, but sacked up. That's what this game is about, right??
amen.

discipline > drive
but habit and discipline definitely create motivation over time. Sometimes it's 9 grinder days that you had to force yourself into and all the sudden that 10th one is like you're on crack and it's the greatest day of your life for no reason but that everything clicks and the last 9 days are paying off!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Just keep in mind sleeves of this type will be a little different than your typical neoprene sleeve.

Nothing wrong with that just make sure you choose the right tool for the job you are looking at it for.
Definitely, these sleeves are gangster!

They go on without too much trouble for the amount of compression they offer because they’re polyester, not neoprene, but being multiply they will noticeably aid performance over neoprene - and you will NOT want them on for 90 minutes.

If I use them to squat, they are coming off before any other movements get done. Regular Neoprene I can put on during warmup and leave on until I change my shoes to leave.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Sucks that you aren’t feeling into training right now. I think it’s good that you did something, and that you did something actionable about your calves you’re unhappy with.

But maybe if the funk over training continues, you should rethink your training - try to find something that excites you enough that you won’t feel like it’s a chore. A lot of times with strength goals, there are very cut & dried things that need to happen to enable the bigger goal. So even when you don’t want to, sometimes you have to punch that clock. But if every session just feels like punching a clock, always…that’s not really overcoming a little adversity for delayed gratification, that’s just a crappy journey.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Regular Neoprene I can put on during warmup and leave on until I change my shoes to leave.
I haven't tried the cerberus he's using but yeah I typically run my rehbands the same way. put them on in the locker room, take them off at the end of the session. Only exception being during my xfit days if we had some intense 7 million front squat WOD or something I'd be ripping them off down to the ankles as fast as possible postWO lol

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

They go on without too much trouble for the amount of compression they offer because they’re polyester, not neoprene, but being multiply they will noticeably aid performance over neoprene - and you will NOT want them on for 90 minutes.

If I use them to squat, they are coming off before any other movements get done. Regular Neoprene I can put on during warmup and leave on until I change my shoes to leave.
I haven't tried the cerberus he's using but yeah I typically run my rehbands the same way. put them on in the locker room, take them off at the end of the session. Only exception being during my xfit days if we had some intense 7 million front squat WOD or something I'd be ripping them off down to the ankles as fast as possible postWO lol
Yeah, most solid piece of gear I've had. I actually initially thought they might be too tight when I put them on, but I've just honestly not had this level of compression/multiply support before.

I kept them pulled down below my knees/at my calves in between sets.

Arms
Resistance band curls x Resistance band triceps pressdowns:
x20,15,15 / 3x15
EZ bar curls +40x3x10
Dips 3x12
Machine Preacher Curls, 4 plates x 3 x 10
Skull Crushers, +40x3x10

1 hr 4 mins, 170 cals.

Planning for one more workout tomorrow AM before the holiday weekend and then will be back at it on Tuesday.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

Ya when I decide to use them for a day with Cleans and Squats they end up getting rolled down between sets a lot more. I also can’t use them for pretty much anything else.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I hate those hard to motivate periods. Right now Training is already getting harder, especially cardio. I am just imagining 6-8 weeks from now when calories are actually really low.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
On the sleeves with my Inzers which are about as snug as a single ply neoprene get, I get through my leg press, and lunges and can't wait to get them back off. I am sure I could keep them on the whole session but I get them off as soon as feasibly possible. My old less beefy pair were good for the entire session.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Quick Accessory Chest Workout to end the week.

Machine Chest Press:
4 plates x 10
7 plates x 10,10,10
Threw these in at light weight as a pec warm up.

Low Incline BP:
Warm up, 95x10
135x5
155x5
Working sets,
185x3
185x3

Thought about doing one more set, but stopped here. Slow grind reps and my elbow joints were definitely feeling it today - like rice krispies - snap, crackle, pop! but happy that I was able to push 185# raw, which was the goal for last time around. And while a bit rushed this AM.

Time: 27:34

Happy Memorial Day Weekend!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Congrats getting the 185 raw!

slimsaw00

Awards
  • Established
Nice bench man! I hope you can get out of the training rut you’ve been feeling. I can definitely relate. And as Hyde mentioned find something that will psyche you up to get into the gym. He gave me the exact same advice. Some days are definitely grinders, but most days I’m feeling pretty good! Even if it is 4:30 am, lol.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Congrats getting the 185 raw!
Thanks, felt good to hit that on incline given this is what I messed up my shoulder on so many years back.

Nice bench man! I hope you can get out of the training rut you’ve been feeling. I can definitely relate. And as Hyde mentioned find something that will psyche you up to get into the gym. He gave me the exact same advice. Some days are definitely grinders, but most days I’m feeling pretty good! Even if it is 4:30 am, lol.
Yes, @Hyde is like our AM philosopher! As he has said to others, trying to remind myself that I GET TO workout. Trying to remember to always be grateful, cause life is good.

Deadlifts:

Foam rolling/stretching
Cat Backs
Bird Dogs x10,5,3

Warm ups, 95x10
135x8
185x6
205x3 - belted from here on out.
220x1

Working sets, with wrist straps. Foam rolling/banded pullaparts before each set:
245x3
245x2 - pulled my left side on rep 2 and it dropped me.

Thought I felt ready to do Deads again. Saw that @slimsaw00 and @akboom87 both got after it. But as you can see I f*cked myself good. Standing upright is painful. Will try to ice it and take some NSAIDS.

F*CK ME

52:39, 146 cals.

Last edited:
MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Damn it Man! Hopefully ice and some rest will do the trick and it isn't as bad as it feels right now.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Dang. That’s the worst, when it’s out of nowhere. You were fine last week, then suddenly today boom.

I know it just doesn’t seem fair - it’s not. I hope you get out of pain soon man.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Damn it Man! Hopefully ice and some rest will do the trick and it isn't as bad as it feels right now.
Yeah, been rotating ice/heat packs, motrin, aspercreme, and some muscle relaxants. After a power nap, I'm moving around a little better than this morning at least...
Dang. That’s the worst, when it’s out of nowhere. You were fine last week, then suddenly today boom.

I know it just doesn’t seem fair - it’s not. I hope you get out of pain soon man.
Disheartening for sure. I know we're both battling injury at the moment, so will try to keep my head up too. But I had that "damn, do I just give the strength goals up?" moment this AM...

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
it's dangerous living life, almost nobody gets out alive! hope you are able to rub some dirt in it and walk it off and that it's not a prolonged issue for you homie.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, been rotating ice/heat packs, motrin, aspercreme, and some muscle relaxants. After a power nap, I'm moving around a little better than this morning at least...Disheartening for sure. I know we're both battling injury at the moment, so will try to keep my head up too. But I had that "damn, do I just give the strength goals up?" moment this AM...
I wouldn’t say give them up. But something I’ve had to reckon with is that things don’t rarely happen exactly how we want, or on our timeline - there are times to paddle upstream, and those where it’s most sensible to sail with the current. It’s tough, knowing when to push and when to back off - and there are times you’ll want to paddle when you need to float, and times when you will want to back off that you really need to keep hammering to make it where you want to get to.

Right now is probably one of those times where you want to paddle but would be best served by going with the flow. You will need time to heal it - don’t rush that. Regardless of whether you intend to deadlift x weight at some point, for now you need to heal up.

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Thanks, felt good to hit that on incline given this is what I messed up my shoulder on so many years back.

Yes, @Hyde is like our AM philosopher! As he has said to others, trying to remind myself that I GET TO workout. Trying to remember to always be grateful, cause life is good.

Deadlifts:

Foam rolling/stretching
Cat Backs
Bird Dogs x10,5,3

Warm ups, 95x10
135x8
185x6
205x3 - belted from here on out.
220x1

Working sets, with wrist straps. Foam rolling/banded pullaparts before each set:
245x3
245x2 - pulled my left side on rep 2 and it dropped me.

Thought I felt ready to do Deads again. Saw that @slimsaw00 and @akboom87 both got after it. But as you can see I f*cked myself good. Standing upright is painful. Will try to ice it and take some NSAIDS.

F*CK ME

52:39, 146 cals.

Damn man sorry to hear that! Where you mix grip or double overhand? Don’t give up, like Hyde said might be a good time to go with the flow heal up and come back stronger and smash those PR’S!!

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Damn man sorry to hear that! Where you mix grip or double overhand? Don’t give up, like Hyde said might be a good time to go with the flow heal up and come back stronger and smash those PR’S!!
DOH. It's been about 5.5 months since the last time my back gave out on me like this, and ironically, it was also right before I was heading out to Vegas. It's like deja vu.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Also, have 7 days left of this LGD cycle. So, do I cut bait here? Or just ride it out even on maintenance / body weight / light exercises for the next week, and hope the extra androgens help with healing process? On the other hand, I'm sorta thinking mixing higher dose NSAIDs plus orals isn't optimal. Also wondering about double dosing my PEA relief.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
and ironically, it was also right before I was heading out to Vegas
I'm someone who would start to give that some thought... does travel stress you out?

Also, have 7 days left of this LGD cycle
I feel like @MrKleen73 has been a pretty good example of successful growth and hypertrophy at sub maximal weights to minimize injury risk and still yield some phenomenal results... just food for thought...

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I'm someone who would start to give that some thought... does travel stress you out?

I feel like @MrKleen73 has been a pretty good example of successful growth and hypertrophy at sub maximal weights to minimize injury risk and still yield some phenomenal results... just food for thought...
At times, yes. Mostly being away from home and the logistics of coordinating child care, etc.

Latter question was more related to sides/benefit particularly while self medicating/managing pain.

Update is that I'm moving around much better today. Lower dose of motrin today. No gym obviously, but will try to see how I'm feeling by next week.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Also, have 7 days left of this LGD cycle. So, do I cut bait here? Or just ride it out even on maintenance / body weight / light exercises for the next week, and hope the extra androgens help with healing process? On the other hand, I'm sorta thinking mixing higher dose NSAIDs plus orals isn't optimal. Also wondering about double dosing my PEA relief.
I would double the PEA relief, get it building up some.

What is the LGD dose and how long have you been on it?

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Man, sorry to hear. I’d personally drop the cycle at that point and let your body do its thing. Especially being a PH.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Please don’t take this the wrong way, but I think you may just need to take a step back and re-evaluate the plan. You definitely don’t have to give up strength goals if that is what still keeps you motivated, but also know you don’t have to do specific movements if you don’t want to unless they are specific to your goals.

If you look back though since you PRd you had what seems like at least half your deadlift sessions mentioning feeling stiff or off. You then oscillated between just doing body weight days every so often and bouncing back into your weighted work.

If you want to get the back right it might just take a more concrete plan with slow progressions and sticking to certain plans. If you still want to deadlift in the future completely removing the movement probably isn’t the right path, but finding manageable levels of volume, intensity and movements with what probably needs to be a gradual approach until you are much more pain free will likely be needed, not completely removing the movement and then coming back to it later hoping things have just worked themselves right.

I didn’t even really want to comment because I don’t want to sound negative and add stress, I hope you understand this is coming from a place of wanting you to find the right approach so you can succeed and do the things you want to do, not a place of tearing you down.

Good luck and I hope things get better and your discomfort improves.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Please don’t take this the wrong way, but I think you may just need to take a step back and re-evaluate the plan. You definitely don’t have to give up strength goals if that is what still keeps you motivated, but also know you don’t have to do specific movements if you don’t want to unless they are specific to your goals.

If you look back though since you PRd you had what seems like at least half your deadlift sessions mentioning feeling stiff or off. You then oscillated between just doing body weight days every so often and bouncing back into your weighted work.

If you want to get the back right it might just take a more concrete plan with slow progressions and sticking to certain plans. If you still want to deadlift in the future completely removing the movement probably isn’t the right path, but finding manageable levels of volume, intensity and movements with what probably needs to be a gradual approach until you are much more pain free will likely be needed, not completely removing the movement and then coming back to it later hoping things have just worked themselves right.

I didn’t even really want to comment because I don’t want to sound negative and add stress, I hope you understand this is coming from a place of wanting you to find the right approach so you can succeed and do the things you want to do, not a place of tearing you down.

Good luck and I hope things get better and your discomfort improves.
Completely didn't take it negatively. First, was just feeling dejected having reiniured myself. I love working out, so will never stop that. But I do need to think about whether powerlifting style strength goals vs hypertrophy type goals mean more to me. That is what I oscillate between for sure, and lately it's skewed lift heavy weights! My lower BW type workouts are really more for my 2nd back accessory day, but again I can of course also reexamine that too.

Maybe some will argue this, but DL is a very specific movement. Of which, there could be a better route (exercise) for me to go. Not saying I'll forego it yet, but that's the consideration.

In any event, the approach that I'm seeing others take right now is lower weight + partial ROM until the injury is healed up fully. That may be what I do (eg, lighter weight rack pulls as example, until I'm fully healed up). But at this point I haven't solidified my plan just yet.

Right now I'm going to focus on rest/reducing inflammation through the weekend - then come back Monday to see how ANY movements feel.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
something that really resonated with me from Resolve's post is below. IDK if you remember this @Segansational but there was a portion of this year around feb/march where my deadlifts just felt horribly off. My ROM was taking a hit and I wasn't sure why. the lift I had worked the most on for the past 2 years felt like garbage. I kinda took it easy and focused on some other things, brought squats back in, added nutritional support, enjoyed hypertrophy and bench, then this week found myself finally back in a good place with deads. I didn't hit a PR, but I did hit about 88% of my previous PR which felt like a good accomplishment after a slow build this winter.

I mean, I know you know It's definitely a marathon and his first comment about sometimes taking a step back to reevaluate make a lot of sense to me. It's one of the things I love about our logs. When I'm stagnating on a goal I love to look back over the years to when I was either hitting a PR, or when I was cutting 10lbs etc and see what I was doing there and compare it to what i'm doing now.

Right now I'm going to focus on rest/reducing inflammation through the weekend - then come back Monday to see how ANY movements feel.
Enjoy the rest homie. do it mindfully, with intention. Remind yourself that you're not just healing something, you're recovering and setting yourself up for success. I 100% believe in the power of the mind in these scenarios.

BEAST73

BEAST73

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I took 28 days off from weightlifting starting last month until early this month. However, I continued to eat foods that were high in protein, good fats, and carbs, and I cut down on my sugar intake.

I Incorporated power walking with dumbbells into my daily routine, along with stretching twice a day, which allowed me to maintain my weight of 235 lbs even while taking time off from weightlifting.

By continuing to work out regularly and incorporating new exercises into my routine, I was able to return to weightlifting feeling stronger and more confident than before.

It's interesting to note that sometimes, taking a step back from something can allow us to approach it with renewed energy and enthusiasm.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I took 28 days off from weightlifting starting last month until early this month. However, I continued to eat foods that were high in protein, good fats, and carbs, and I cut down on my sugar intake.

I Incorporated power walking with dumbbells into my daily routine, along with stretching twice a day, which allowed me to maintain my weight of 235 lbs even while taking time off from weightlifting.

By continuing to work out regularly and incorporating new exercises into my routine, I was able to return to weightlifting feeling stronger and more confident than before.

It's interesting to note that sometimes, taking a step back from something can allow us to approach it with renewed energy and enthusiasm.
The Beast is Back! Good to see you around here again!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
You’re not in any particular danger of continuing the LGD, but since you will need to PCT anyway and there’s not as much benefit to staying on it at this point…

I agree with the message that you sometimes need to take a step back and find what you can do safely, and just go toward whatever that is that ultimately contributes to you doing the things you want to do.