My El Jefe review (Xtremis Cartel)

James496

Awards
Decided to start a separate thread for this, as it didn't seem fair to drop a product review in the excelsior thread 😀

I promised to post my thoughts on El Jefe (Xtremis Cartel) so here is something of a short review.

As mentioned, I am an experienced pre workout enthusiast, but more importantly an experienced training enthusiast.

I have a fair few preworkouts under my belt, some of the older hard hitting ones and some of the newer hard hitting ones.

I am fortunate enough to have experience using the original El Jefe, which for me was one of the best pre's I had used at that time outside of the og excelsior which like many I had used and loved.

So getting straight to the point, it's a thumbs up from me, depending on how you look at it & how your body responds to the pre workout. Which may well be different to my experience.

Let's take a look.

I started by taking a full serving 22.7 grams on an empty stomach, early, as planned. I had slept very well, so got up feeling refreshed and excited to train.

I did weigh my serving, just to be on the safe side. Two full level scoops is more than 22.7g so keep that in mind.

The taste & mixability isn't bad at all. I don't care much for taste, but some pres taste so heavy and chemically masked that it leaves me gagging. That wasn't the case with this pre workout. The flavour, sour gummy, wasnt bad at all and went down well.

So after consuming it, fearing I'd turn green, I went and sat quietly waiting for the effects to kick in and for the journey to begin. A little ritual I just have to do 🤣

Half an hour has past and what are my thoughts so far?

I'm going to be brutally honest. I'm not feeling the acute mental effects as I did with the original El Jefe, but sit tight because something is coming.

I am feeling a sense of smooth clarity and physical energy, heightened wakefulness and focus that isn't freaking me out or giving me any reason to anticipate a bad experience.

My heart rate hasn't increased and I'm not feeling any floaty euphoric changes to my mind. Something that I would have been feeling with the original Jefe by now for sure.

However, it could be that my receptors aren't as fresh as they once was. That is a very real possibility. I am feeling some tingles with this one though.

An hour has past, and at this point I am feeling like El Jefe is fully with me. Except I'm also the boss and in control. Its there running parallel with me. Not above me, and not below me, but with me. That's how I can describe this pre workout.

I'm not experiencing anything crazy, but nothing lackluster either. Actually, this pre workout is feeling nice, balanced and well rounded. At this point I'd be a liar to say I'm not feeling some mood elevation - it's definitely there, but without the euphoric floaty feels. I'm there to enjoy training hard, not to party!

To me it already feels like a feel good happy pre workout, that is ready when you are. I like that.

After breakfast, it's time to train. So how did it actually come together for me?

I think this reformulation makes for a really, really smart pre workout. I like what they've done here.

Focus was apparent, mind to muscle connection was very apparent. Pumps were great & I seemed to connect with every rep. It was a really enjoyable apparent experience without bringing anything too crazy feeling at the same time, and that's what makes it really cool.

I felt in control the whole time & endurance and hunger for more training is definitely notable too!

Weights didn't necessarily feel lighter but there was a reassuring positivity that really allowed me to just get on with it. It was a productive session from the start to the end.

There is a sense of urgency, but again just nothing too crazy. No negatives to report at all, no excessive sweating, heart racing or nausea. No jitters & no crash.

All in all this is a really good pre workout where everything is in balance and synergy and boxes are definitely ticked.

I did a full body compound pushing session today with a blend of heavier sets and lighter sets across a range of exercises and sub types. I think this El Jefe covers all angles.

To conclude it was a nice experience, Iove the reformulation, to me it feels different to the original, not in a bad way, and I really look forward to using it again! 👍💪🏻