Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I’m so sorry I haven’t been updating. I forgot to warn people ahead of time, I was off work last week. So I was home chilling with my family, got some housework done, but not on the phone too much. I’ve also been dreading trying to catch up on everything. So I’ll probably skip that and just pick it up here soon.

I had been updating on while on break at work, but service is so bad. Yesterday, stuff wouldn’t refresh, some things wouldn’t even connect. It was rough. But don’t worry, I’m still here!

If you take on the responsibility to run a sponsored log, excuses don't cut it. You are an adult not a child.

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
So weirdly, a few days ago, I was thinking so far this hasn’t really been anything special and I don’t think I’d end up buying any. But I had a realization today. First of all, I had a week off work, then came back and had work piled up, so I worked 5:30-5 the last two days, and probably will have to for at least the next few weeks as well. So the last two days I was pretty achey from the extra work as well as not being used to it after the week off. Well today, I realized I wasn’t really all that tired. I mean, I ached and could barely keep my eyes open after work, but I didn’t slow down throughout the entire days. I think I’m getting a stamina boost from the epicatechin here, which is also coming across in the workouts. Also, my libido has definitely been higher the last couple weeks, my guess is the alpha ionone increasing cAMP, which can increase testosterone. I wouldn’t use this as a test booster, but I think it may help somewhat in that department. I haven’t seen any difference in fat or muscle so far, but there are definitely some benefits here.

On Monday, my first day back after break, I think my body protested the early rise, my stomach was in bad shape, I was in the bathroom all morning and didn’t get a weird out in. Yesterday I think I was just having a kind of off day, I did the workout that should have been Monday, reverse grip bench press and barbell rows. Numbers were down slightly, I’m not real worried. But my last two lower body workouts were spectacular, which is extra great considering that’s been a struggle recently. I think I’m getting the stamina from AlphaBuild kicking in now.

Sunday was back squats, did a typical warm up:

135x8
225x6
315x4
385x2

Top set ended up being very good, but still a ways off from some old records.

455x2

For my high rep finishing set, I’ve been trying to increase the weights incrementally and see how well I can maintain the reps.

365x12

From memory, I believe this is an all time record. I haven’t kept notes the last few years. But damn that felt good.

Had some soreness from this one, so the day off Monday probably helped. Not sure deadlifts would have done so well on Tuesday. Deadlifts shifted back to today. Today I got kind of a late start, I had trouble getting out of bed on time, so I condensed the workout a little. Instead of ramping up to a bigger weight and dropping for the reps, I kind of split the difference and did a somewhat heavier higher rep set after just 3 warm up/ramp up sets.

135x10
225x8
315x6
+straps
405x12

This last set was extra weird because after 2 I wasn’t even sure I’d get 3, but I just kept trying. By like 7, I felt like I was barely even tired. 11 and 12 were a bit of a grind, but I locked out both.

Both of these days also had some biceps/triceps work, but details are fuzzy from the lack of oxygen after those big sets. I’ll keep better track after today.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I think he is doing a good job logging personally. Just my two cents.

I may have been a little quick to judgement, but 11 days in-between post leaves me a bit up set.

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well I’m glad it’s treating you well! All those benefits at the end including the pr sound like we have things moving in the right direction even with all your additional stuff going on. Appreciate the solid update

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
. Well today, I realized I wasn’t really all that tired. I mean, I ached and could barely keep my eyes open after work, but I didn’t slow down throughout the entire days. I think I’m getting a stamina boost from the epicatechin here, which is also coming across in the workouts. Also, my libido has definitely been higher the last couple weeks, my guess is the alpha ionone increasing cAMP, which can increase testosterone. I wouldn’t use this as a test booster, but I think it may help somewhat in that department. I haven’t seen any difference in fat or muscle so far, but there are definitely some benefits here.

. But my last two lower body workouts were spectacular, which is extra great considering that’s been a struggle recently. I think I’m getting the stamina from AlphaBuild kicking in now.

365x12

From memory, I believe this is an all time record. I haven’t kept notes the last few years. But damn that felt good.
[/QUOTE
^all positives! Keep it up bro

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Hey guys I’m super sorry, we had some stuff come up. One grandfather in law passed away about two weeks ago and then last week, the other went to the hospital and we found out he had cancer. So been some family stuff happening. I don’t think there’s much more we have to do now and I’m about done with my bottle, so I’ll finish out this log now.

We did a ton of driving over the weekend, I had two days off working out, but I’m super tired from the long weekend. Still had a good session today, somehow.

Squats
135x10
225x6
315x4
455x2
505x1
405x8

I have finally worked back up to 500 finally, but it wasn’t great. I’m actually not sure I hit depth and my knees caved inward pretty bad. I’ll probably need to get in some work on my hips and glutes to try and take care of that. The last set is actually a tie for an all time record, so no complaints there.

It’s actually kinda weird, things have flipped. The last several leg days have been fantastic and pressing has been less than amazing. Not sure quite what’s going on, but I’m very happy with these numbers! I would be interested in others’ experience because it’s making me think it may be more helpful for muscle groups that are lagging.

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I got updated measurements from last week, but since I’m about due, I figure I’ll get the last ones and post it all up for easier comparison.

Subjectively, there isn’t much to note. This doesn’t seem to be giving me any kind of feel. The effects are pretty good though. I think I was expecting too much too soon, but after giving it time to actually work, leg workouts started going easier. I’ll have to check, but I think I’ve been leaning out some. I wore a tank top yesterday and noticed striations in my chest just while washing my hands.

Should be a couple doses still to go, so I’ll get at least a few more updates in here.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I normally never post in other companies threads - this is a one off exception because it isn't about the product at all - its about Jeremyk1.

Jeremyk1 is a great poster here and an asset to this forum who has a lot of knowledge, tries to help people, and offers some really great science minded insight and I enjoy interacting with him very much.

I know that it can be frustrating for companies when they do a sponsored logger opportunity and when someone doesn't do updates as often as they would like them to - which is one of the reasons we stopped doing sponsored logs many, many years ago. We had a lot of cases in the past where people would get free product and not do the logs or do a half'ish one.

But I want to point out that in this case - Jeremy wasn't here posting on AM and ignoring posting updates in this log; he wasn't on AM at all. I didn't even know he was doing this log and I hadn't seen him on here lately and was actually worried about him and did a search for his history on here and that's how I even realized this log was here.

Jeremy - I'm very sorry for your loss and for the bad news that you found out. I'll keep you and your family in my prayers and if there is anything I can ever do to help in any way, please let me know.

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Jeremy - I'm very sorry for your loss and for the bad news that you found out. I'll keep you and your family in my prayers and if there is anything I can ever do to help in any way, please let me know.
Thank you Steve, that really means a lot. It’s not all bad, we did get some quality family time. The one who was in the hospital was able to go home on Sunday and he was already back to cracking jokes while we were there. So, we’re hopeful we’ll get some more fun time with him the next year or two and he can see the great grandchildren grow up some more. It’s just been very hard on my wife because they’ve been very close her entire life.

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Todays workout was fine. Nothing spectacular, but feeling pretty good.

Reverse grip bench press
135x10
225x6
315x8

Overhand grip barbell rows, EZ curl bar
95x15
165x15
95x25

Guillotine bench press
135x12
225x15

Neutral grip pull ups, no added weight

Probably would have tried for more volume, but I have trouble getting moving soon enough after waking up, so I didn’t have a ton of time. Reverse grip presses were solid, but not quite record territory. The guillotine press might be a record, that’s definitely a high number for me.

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I think I have one dose left, but I’ll have to double check. I want to get in a few more workouts to see where strength gains stand before making any conclusions. I’ll probably write up a bunch this weekend because I have a feeling I’ll ramble a lot when putting down my thoughts. I definitely need one more set of measurements too.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Reverse grip bench press
315x8

My wrist hurt just reading this. Their was a bodybuilder maybe in the 80's that always did reverse grip with some incredible weight.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Reverse grip bench press
315x8

My wrist hurt just reading this. Their was a bodybuilder maybe in the 80's that always did reverse grip with some incredible weight.
Mike O'Hearn does reverse grip bench from videos i've seen. I think he was doing like 405 on reverse grip.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Mike O'Hearn does reverse grip bench from videos i've seen. I think he was doing like 405 on reverse grip.
That is not who I was thinking of but 405 is impressive!!

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
I think I have one dose left, but I’ll have to double check. I want to get in a few more workouts to see where strength gains stand before making any conclusions. I’ll probably write up a bunch this weekend because I have a feeling I’ll ramble a lot when putting down my thoughts. I definitely need one more set of measurements too.
Looking forward to it!

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Yesterday was my last dose. Only 1 cap left somehow. Not sure if I took an extra at some point. I take them at 3am in the dark, so it’s possible. My new trend continued, deadlifts yesterday were incredible, but I got stuck on my top weight on bench press today. There’s no way AlphaBuild is making me weaker, but it’s weird that pressing is struggling while I’m getting such an improvement in the lower body.

Deadlifts
135x10
225x8
315x5
385x3
455x2
505x3

I haven’t even attempted a 500 deadlift in a while, so I was extra pumped to get more than one.

Bench press
135x10
225x6
315x4
385x2
455 miss

DB Row
20x10
40x8
60x6
80x25

I almost did a higher rep set after, but I went ahead and called it there and focus on recover this time.

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Reverse grip bench press
315x8

I’ve been pretty lucky, I’ve almost never had any issue with any of my joints. For some reason though, the reverse grip presses are kind of uncomfortable in my hand, that feels like a limit sometimes. One trick I learned that helped a lot though is gripping the bar fairly wide. When I had first tried them, I had my hands around shoulder width and it was a struggle. I usually grip actually about as wide as for regular grip presses and it really helped light up the chest.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I’ve been pretty lucky, I’ve almost never had any issue with any of my joints. For some reason though, the reverse grip presses are kind of uncomfortable in my hand, that feels like a limit sometimes. One trick I learned that helped a lot though is gripping the bar fairly wide. When I had first tried them, I had my hands around shoulder width and it was a struggle. I usually grip actually about as wide as for regular grip presses and it really helped light up the chest.
It's funny I used to do some Reverse Grip Benches, last time I tried my wrist just won't rotate enough ? Old Age I guess !!

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Well I feel like my stamina is already dropping now that AlphaBuild is out of my system. Even biceps today started feeling worn out after several reps. Still had a pretty good workout though, just on the short side.

Front squats
135x10
225x5
315x3

The 225 felt heavy today for some reason. Then the first rep of 315 felt light. Also weird.

Single arm DB preacher curl
20x10
30x8
40x10
30x12
20x22

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Well I feel like my stamina is already dropping now that AlphaBuild is out of my system. Even biceps today started feeling worn out after several reps. Still had a pretty good workout though, just on the short side.

Front squats
135x10
225x5
315x3

The 225 felt heavy today for some reason. Then the first rep of 315 felt light. Also weird.

Single arm DB preacher curl
20x10
30x8
40x10
30x12
20x22
Very Jealous of a 315 Front Squat...........who am I kidding, I'm very jealous of anyone that can lift right now !!!

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Dang so stamina really kicked up when you were on this. Glad to hear. Can we get a final summary review of the product?

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Dang so stamina really kicked up when you were on this. Glad to hear. Can we get a final summary review of the product?
It’s not a massive difference, but I think it’s noticeable. I had to work again today, so I’ll get all my thoughts here on Sunday. Maybe tonight if I’m feeling frisky.

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
It’s not a massive difference, but I think it’s noticeable. I had to work again today, so I’ll get all my thoughts here on Sunday. Maybe tonight if I’m feeling frisky.
Looking forward to it bro

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Holy smokes, we’ve had a whole new ordeal going on now. Sunday, we moved my wife’s surviving grandpa to her parents house and her car died on me while I was driving it. The electronics lost power, so I figured it was a battery. I had to walk home, get my car, then go finish up what we were doing. My wife was able to get a ride and get a new battery, so I put a fresh battery in the car on the side of the road Sunday at about 11. It drove fine Monday, but eventually died on her on the interstate. Luckily it was only about a mile or so from my work, so we called a friend who brought their pickup and towed it to my work parking lot so it was at least in a safe place. Then I figured with a brand new battery, if I just charge it, it should make it home. So last night, we brought jumper cables, and after work, I hooked it up and let it charge for about 20 minutes and we made it home. So now I have to figure out what I’m doing with it, because it probably needs an alternator, but the car isn’t really worth anything.

Anyway, so sorry for yet more delays.

With all that going on, this isn’t the best time to judge, but my last few workouts have been terrible. So now I’m more convinced AlphaBuild was helping stamina, helping me kinda push through. I need to get on something again, because this is frustrating to make some progress just to start losing it again.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
@Jeremyk1 - I hope you have a better day today!

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
So I figured I’d put the full set of measurements here. These are definitely not perfect, a few you can see jump around week to week. And I really don’t know how I measured my forearms at 14 inches the first time! But overall, everything trended exactly how you’d want it. While I don’t see much difference in definition in the midsection, the measurement did go down some. Chest and glute measurements went up. Thighs and arms were fairly stable, but seemed to be going upward.

Measurements

Thigh 24”
Waist at bellybutton 35”
Hips, around glutes 39.25”
Chest, around nipples 46”
Forearm 14”
Upper arm, relaxed, cold 15”
Upper arm, flexed, cold 17.25”
Upper arm, relaxed, pumped 15.75”
Upper arm, flexed, pumped 17.75”

Thigh 24”
Waist at bellybutton 35.25”
Hips, around glutes 39.75”
Chest, around nipples 46.75”
Forearm 13.25”
Upper arm, relaxed, pumped 15.5”
Upper arm, flexed, pumped 18”

Thigh 24.25”
Waist at bellybutton 34.75”
Hips, around glutes 40.5”
Chest, around nipples 47”
Forearm 13.5”
Upper arm, relaxed, pumped 16”
Upper arm, flexed, pumped 18”

Thigh 24”
Waist at bellybutton 34.5”
Hips, around glutes 40.5”
Chest, around nipples 47”
Forearm 13.25”
Upper arm, relaxed, cold 15.5”

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
So I guess if I had to sum up my total experience with this, it’s not the first place I’d spend my money, but if I had more spare cash for fun supplements, it would absolutely be in the rotations.

For me, someone looking for size and strength, the Anabolic Effect/Anabolic XT combo is tough to beat. Also, Apex Ursa Major gave me terrific strength gains and good leaning effects, but I didn’t take measurements with that. I’d probably put my limited money toward one of those ahead of this, simply for the strength and fullness effects each give me.

That said, for me, AlphaBuild has two major advantages. First, the mechanisms it works through I think are fairly unique, so it should be very stackable. I’d love to add it in with the above mentioned products. The big direct benefit though is the stamina. It started off kind of slow, eventually getting to a feeling of “huh, I guess I’m not quite as tired today.” But now in hindsight, looking at the last two weeks, there was a pretty significant improvement. With the long days and late nights, I actually started getting decreases in pressing performance, so the fact that lower body movements got much better is actually a huge testament to the effects here.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Thanks Rocket! Been lots of ups and downs, but this month seems to be mostly downs. Time for an upswing I think!
A Positive Attitude Will Go A Long Way, Trust Me On This !!

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Appreciate the positive review. I know things were up and down but glad it still all worked out for you

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
I’m happy to help you guys out with a review! Also, I love trying new stuff. I think I got some gains out of it, so it’s kind of a win-win-win!