Fedor vs Mirko

size

Awards
  • Established
Anyone dancing with anticipation to see this match? I know I am.

:dance:

Neu

Awards
If Fedor can get him to the ground its over but if they stand there striking who knows whats going to happen

ersatz

Awards
  • Established
Fedor never shoots in for takedowns, rather he uses his striking to close the distance into a clinch. Everyone who has fought Crocop tries to shoot in without setting it up so it's easy to sprawl. Fedor has a good chin as shown in his fight with Fujita where he got rocked while Crocop's is somewhat suspect. As long as Fedor can avoid the left kick he'll win easily, only problem is he keeps his hands somewhat low. I'd like to see Fedor work in Crocop's guard and just pulverize him into the canvas.

As for the GP I want to see Overeem take it as I need a good laugh.

Mr.Striation

Awards
Yes I am def dancing with anticipation to see this match as well.

BingeAndPurge

BingeAndPurge

Awards
  • Established
Just gotten into Pride and this is going to be the ****

Grassroots082

Grassroots082

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
My fav MMA fighter in the heavy division is Mirko but I think Fedor will take it. Cro Cop doesn't have a ground game AT ALL but damn I love to see him stand up and fight. My money is on Fedor. :numbered:

And yes I've been waiting to see this match for quite some time.

MarcusG

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Mirko is superstar and an athletic phenom but Fedor is the more proven fighter. A win over Mirko means Fedor has beaten the best grappler (in Nog) and striker on the planet.

size

Awards
  • Established
I just recently started watching UFC again, how does Frank Mir compare to Arlovski?
After Mir's accident, no one knows if he is ever going to return or how good he will be. He was supposedly coming back in OCt. but that has now been pushed back to Dec.

ersatz

Awards
  • Established
I don't think Pride wants Arlovski as they have a solid hw division. Pride offerred to send CroCop and Kharitonov to the UFC but of course they(UFC) declined. Either one of them could run through the UFC's hw div. Since Mir was stripped of his title I don't think he will return this year as he doesn't stand to gain anything. He needs a few warm-ups so he'll probably get Eilers early next year.

size

Awards
  • Established
Results below So if you do not want to know, do not look:
Main fights
Fedor defeats Mirko by Unanimous decision
Arona defeats Wanderlei Silva
Shogun defeats Overeem
Shogun dfeats Arona, Shogun wins MW Tourney

Wedgylx

Wedgylx

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Man I was so pissed when Cro-cop lost...his problem is that his left high kick is his only real weapon, and miliananko knew that and was well prepared. I think if he works on his ground game a little more he'll be able to win in another year or so.

Shogun Rua had an amazing night! At 23 years old I think we have alot more to see from him in the future...he has plenty of talent, I wonder if he could hang with the big boys if he adds a little weight to his frame?

It was nice to see Arona get his ass kicked, wasnt it? After the fight Arona said he accidently hit his head and thats why he lost the fight to Rua....he he "accidently" hit is head on rua's fist about a dozen times lol

size

Awards
  • Established
his problem is that his left high kick is his only real weapon
i disagree. Did you see hmi break the orbital of Bob Sapp with a straight left? CroCop was a dominant force in K1 and is an excellent fighter.

The problem is that he fought Fedor. Fedor may be the BEST EVER.

Wedgylx

Wedgylx

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
i disagree. Did you see hmi break the orbital of Bob Sapp with a straight left? CroCop was a dominant force in K1 and is an excellent fighter.

but at the same time, fedor's strategy of keeping mirko moving so that he couldnt get off the kick really handicapped mirko....You could tell he was trying to force the left high kick a few times especially in the beginning of the fight...

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established

I'd agree with this. Mirko is great, Fedor is just from a different planet....

ersatz

Awards
  • Established
Fedor is the greatest hw ever, his only weakness is his proneness to get cut. He executed his gameplan perfectly and set up the takedowns with his clinching skills. I thought he would have punished Crocop more while in the guard though.

Kristopher

Kristopher

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Fedor is a cyborg sent back from the future to dominate MMA.

that is all

turkish

Awards
  • Established
Russian bath house, not a big deal. You, however, found the photo.

Gay or not, who cares, Fedor is a dominant MMA fighter and athlete.
Of course I know it's not a big deal, especially in Russia and most Baltic countries. The post was for fun, but your sarcasm detectors weren't properly functioning I guess. :)

I take it ur a Mirko fan and Fedor hater? LOL....Listen, I like Mirko, too, but Fedor is better.
I'm a CroCop fan but not a Fedor hater at all. I don't think he would've put this photo on his official website if he really was gay.

And it's impossible to disagree, he's an amazing fighter.

size

Awards
  • Established
Of course I know it's not a big deal, especially in Russia and most Baltic countries. The post was for fun, but your sarcasm detectors weren't properly functioning I guess. :)
I was joking as well. :wave:

exnihilo

exnihilo

Awards
  • Established
Alovski has incredible standup game, and he's good at avoiding takedowns. Arlovski doesn't have the kicking power mirko has, but he's a better stand up fighter overall - much better hands, faster, more aggressive.

If there wasn't such a weight disparity, Liddell vs Cro Cop would be a really good fight - chuck is pretty much at the top of his game lately, nobody has been able to stop him.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Alovski has incredible standup game, and he's good at avoiding takedowns. Arlovski doesn't have the kicking power mirko has, but he's a better stand up fighter overall - much better hands, faster, more aggressive.

If there wasn't such a weight disparity, Liddell vs Cro Cop would be a really good fight - chuck is pretty much at the top of his game lately, nobody has been able to stop him.
Arlovski is definitely not the better standup fighter between him and crocop. I mean its possible that he could do well on his feet against crocop, but not extremely likely. Crocop has fought the best standup guys in the world, Arlovski only trains with mid/top level strikers. Arlovski's better chance would be on the ground, where he should have a decent advantage on crocop. That being said it would be a great fight but not likely to happen anytime soon. Oh, and Liddell walks around at about 215-220, where crocop walks around at 225-230 so I don't think thats much of a size advantage. Would love to see either fight.

Wedgylx

Wedgylx

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I'd pick cro cop over liddell in a heart beat, they are my two favorite fighters though..I'd love to see it in action

size

Awards
  • Established
Fedor has beaten the best of the best.

Beat some of the best wrestlers, Randleman and Coleman
Beat some of the best K1 strikers, CroCop and Goodridge
Best one of the best heavyweights, Nogueira.

Fedor would beat Arlovski as well.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
If Fedor is on his game(which he always is) no one can beat him. I think Sergei would give fedor the best fight. Arlovski is the man, but his heart has never really been tested. I think he would fold under the pressure Fedor would put on him. Sergei has a ton of heart, he's an animal. I'd love to see Sergei vs. Aleksander, and if Sergei wins then let him face big bro Fedor.

Grassroots082

Grassroots082

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Cro Cop didn't look like he was in the best shape for that fight, or his last few. Back when he was rocking the checkered shorts (Croatian flag) like 2002 or 2003 whenever he fought Bonjasky in K-1 he was much leaner and had more mass. With that being said, I don't think Fedor can be stopped by anyone other than himself. Alrovski would be the closest fighter to his caliber IMO.