Climbing rope?

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
So my gym has one of those middle school ropes hanging from the rafters. I train like a typical bodybuilder with some powerlifting mixxed in. My thought process says this rope might just strenghten my grip. Any experiences some brothers or sisters in iron would like to share with me regarding the climbing rope? I'm gonna try it but I'd like to hear from some members here.

Wrivest

Wrivest

Awards
It's fun once in a while to break up the boring stuff. Get a good pair of high socks if you plan on doing Spanish rope climbs, which basically means you wrap the rope around one foot and anchor it with the other. It's definitely a good test on the grip either way you go...just don't fall!!

Epolis13

Epolis13

Awards
It's fun once in a while to break up the boring stuff. Get a good pair of high socks if you plan on doing Spanish rope climbs, which basically means you wrap the rope around one foot and anchor it with the other. It's definitely a good test on the grip either way you go...just don't fall!!

Good advice here. I love rope climbs and I think they're good for grip strength. They're incredibly taxing and your shoulders will die quickly. I wouldn't do them on an arm day :)

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
They suck.

That being said, things that suck are good for you. Plus it's fun. Until you burn your leg on it.