Awesome pre-workout blends

ConcreteConny

ConcreteConny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hello all,

I have been sitting here contemplating on a "own mixture" of ingredients to come up with an awesome pre-workout blend :saroll:

Would be awesome to hear other peoples "own mixtures also", so we'll get some kind of brainstorming going on in here :laugh:

Hers is what I have come up with so far:

2scoops Jack3d
5grams L-Leucine (and 5grams after)
4grams Citrulline Malate
4grams Beta-Alanine
EDIT: 4grams Creatine Malate
1gram Agmatine
1gram Arginine (and 1g before bed)
500mg Ornithine (and 500mg before bed)

Any input on this blend? Dosages good?
All suggestions are welcomed :thumbsup:

//CC

monstermash

monstermash

Awards
  • Established
Mine right now is this:

5grams Creapure
1.6g beta-alanine
4.5g GPLC
3 scoops of Xtend
3g taurine
5,000mcg methyl B12
2-3g GMS*

*depending on the body part i'm doing

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Pre-WO:

3.5g BA
4.5g GPLC
3g ArginoCarn

Post-WO:
15g MAP
10g BCAA
60g WMS
3.5g BA

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
Pre-WO:

3.5g BA
4.5g GPLC
3g ArginoCarn

Post-WO:
15g MAP
10g BCAA
60g WMS
3.5g BA
do you notice much of a difference dosing BA at 3.5 over say 1.5-2g?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
do you notice much of a difference dosing BA at 3.5 over say 1.5-2g?
I haven't played with BA in awhile and I just started using it again this week. I also like to train where I get my HR in the 190's and any extra recovery helps.

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hello all,

I have been sitting here contemplating on a "own mixture" of ingredients to come up with an awesome pre-workout blend :saroll:

Would be awesome to hear other peoples "own mixtures also", so we'll get some kind of brainstorming going on in here :laugh:

2scoops Jack3d
4grams Citrulline Malate
4grams Beta-Alanine
1gram Agmatine

//CC
For me that would cover it though I would up the CM to 6 grams and drop the BA to 2.5 (I need more CM and less BA or the flushing is too much). As for the arginine not sure with two scoops of Jack3d why you would need extra but that is up to you. If that would get you pump and give you endurance I don't know what will. I really like the Agmatine, just won a chance to log some on another forum so am looking forward to seeing what it does with CM for pumps.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That would prolly cover it for me. How much is that totaling though per serving cost wise?

Mike

ConcreteConny

ConcreteConny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
For me that would cover it though I would up the CM to 6 grams and drop the BA to 2.5 (I need more CM and less BA or the flushing is too much). As for the arginine not sure with two scoops of Jack3d why you would need extra but that is up to you. If that would get you pump and give you endurance I don't know what will. I really like the Agmatine, just won a chance to log some on another forum so am looking forward to seeing what it does with CM for pumps.
Nice suggestion on the CM there and dropping the BA, I have to try that out. As you pointed out about the Arginine I have dosed extra cuz the amount in 2 scoops Jack3d just wont cut it for me. But with this blend I have had great success, the pumps are really mind blowing :D
That would prolly cover it for me. How much is that totaling though per serving cost wise?

Mike
I haven't really calculated the cost for this. It is pretty expensive since I buy all my stuff from Europe :) I will get back to you on this one.

OH, I have forgotten the Creatrine Malate at 4 grams in that blend. Sorry for that :D

//CC

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Super Low Carb days where i need a boost:

1.5-2 scoops Jacked
3 scoops GPLC
1 cap green tea
1 tab Vit C
1 scoop creatine
1 Beta alanine tab

When i feel good and dont need a mental boost

2 scoops Pre max
1 vit c tab
1 cap green tea
1 scoop creatine
1 beta alanine tab

If i could make an ultimate pre workout though id add in some CM and agmatine. Maybe some XF like Axis Labs had in there Hemodraulix.

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
Super Low Carb days where i need a boost:

1.5-2 scoops Jacked
3 scoops GPLC
1 cap green tea
1 tab Vit C
1 scoop creatine
1 Beta alanine tab

When i feel good and dont need a mental boost

2 scoops Pre max
1 vit c tab
1 cap green tea
1 scoop creatine
1 beta alanine tab

If i could make an ultimate pre workout though id add in some CM and agmatine. Maybe some XF like Axis Labs had in there Hemodraulix.
whats the vit c help with? Hemodraulix is good, i enjoyed the bottle i had of that :)

ConcreteConny

ConcreteConny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Exactly! + Some Arginine ;)

//CC

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Mine right now is this:

5grams Creapure
1.6g beta-alanine
4.5g GPLC
3 scoops of Xtend
3g taurine
5,000mcg methyl B12
2-3g GMS*

*depending on the body part i'm doing
i do a similar blend.

MAP
Creapure
Beta Alanine
I have never added GPLC but I have wanted to.

I have kinda wanted to try APS's creatine nitrate

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hello all,

2scoops Jack3d
4grams Citrulline Malate
4grams Beta-Alanine
EDIT: 4grams Creatine Malate
1gram Agmatine

//CC
Seem's expensive? How much does this work out to per month? Esp if you added GPLC too!

ConcreteConny

ConcreteConny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
From what I calculated it is about 1€ 66cents per day. I buy everything in bulk (except Jack3d) so it lasts 4months at a time..

//CC

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
no adds any vitamin c to their preworkouts?
...i do, to me vitamin C helps a ton

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I would do 4 caps of gear assuming I did not have leucine with in that hour.
1 scoop of pre surge unleashed
4grams Beta-Alanine
1gram taurine
2 more grams of GPLC
1 serving of con cret creatine
Also I take 1-2 caps of my recovery factor depending on what muscle I work.

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Is this for energy or pump?
when i combine vit C with my preworkout supp it greatly increases pumps

... vit C antioxidant characteristics prevent the degradation of NO

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
whats the vit c help with? Hemodraulix is good, i enjoyed the bottle i had of that :)
The Vit c is a great anti-oxidant but also helps amazingly well with the pump. Its good stuff, give it a go.

ConcreteConny

ConcreteConny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Vit C has to get thrown in to the mix then I guess :) Have to try it!
Thanks for the feedback y'all!

//CC

colts fan

Awards
I'd ditch the jack3d and substitute some caffeine pills (Allmax 100ct. 200mg pills for $3.99) and some 1,3 dimeth caps. Let's face it, those are the only things in pre-w/o supps that give any kind of "boost".

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
I'd ditch the jack3d and substitute some caffeine pills (Allmax 100ct. 200mg pills for $3.99) and some 1,3 dimeth caps. Let's face it, those are the only things in pre-w/o supps that give any kind of "boost".
I like stuff with gluronalactone(spelling). It's not supposed to enhance you too much, but keep you wakeful when your getting tired.

ConcreteConny

ConcreteConny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You got a point there. And it would cut down the cost on my special blend :)

//CC

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
1 scoop of MesoMorph
2 scoops of ModernBCAA
1 scoop of Purple Wraath
3 caps of Carnobolic
2g of AAKG
5g of Taurine
:D

mdew091

mdew091

Awards
pre:
200mg caffeine
5g beta alanine
5g kre alkalyn
1 packet of b12 thingy
50 mg 1-3 di-meythl (sometimes)

2500 mg of bcca's
750 mg cissus
1500 mg vitamin c

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Branched Chain Amino Acids (BCAAs)

Primary Benefit ›› Building muscle mass

The number one amino acid on our list of aminos is actually a group of three that are the most important amino acids for the manufacture, maintenance and repair of muscle tissue. Branched-chain amino acids include leucine, isoleucine and valine. Of the three, leucine appears to be the MVP. Research on this single BCAA shows that it can stimulate protein synthesis (the process in muscle cells that builds up muscle protein and therefore creates muscle growth). Yet, the three work even better together to provide a host of benefits. First and foremost, they stimulate protein synthesis and, therefore, drive muscle growth. This is particularly critical after weight-training workouts.
They also help boost insulin release, which is what you want to do after workouts. This anabolic hormone stimulates muscle growth and drives nutrients such as glucose (for restoring muscle glycogen after workouts) and creatine into muscle cells. Research presented at the 2006 annual meeting of the International Society of Sports Nutrition reported that as little as 3 g of BCAAs taken per day blunts cortisol levels after exercise. Cortisol is a catabolic hormone that blocks testosterone’s anabolic effects and leads to increased muscle breakdown. Other research from the Nagoya Institute of Technology (Nagoya, Japan) has found that 5 g of BCAAs taken around workout time helps to decrease delayed-onset muscle soreness.

The Dose ›› Go with 3–5 g of BCAAs immediately after workouts.

Creatine
Primary Benefit ›› Increasing muscle energy and strength

The only reason that creatine is second instead of first on this list is that typically it is not considered to be an amino acid. That’s because few people realize that creatine is made from the amino acids arginine, glycine and methionine. So, technically, it’s an amino-acid supplement, not an individual amino acid.
Taking creatine before workouts helps keep your muscles saturated with creatine, producing the rapid energy your muscles need to perform rep after rep in the gym. It also makes muscles stronger by pulling more water into the muscle cells, which gives them a biomechanical advantage, helping you lift more weight or squeeze out an extra rep or two.
For best results, take another dose of creatine after you work out. This will help to replenish your levels of creatine in the muscle and maximize growth. One way creatine boosts muscle growth after workouts is through increasing the levels of insulin-like growth factor-I (IGF-I) in muscle.

The Dose ›› Take 2–5 g of creatine in the form of creatine monohydrate, creatine malate, creatine ethyl ester or creatine alpha-ketoglutarate immediately before and after workouts.

Arginine
Primary Benefit ›› Providing bigger muscle pumps

Arginine is another awesome amino acid that every bodybuilder needs to have in his supplement cabinet. As you may know, arginine is the main ingredient in almost every nitric oxide (NO) supplement on the market today. Arginine is readily converted in the body to NO, which regulates muscle growth, as well as dilates blood vessels. This last function helps to increase blood flow to muscles, which results in the delivery of more blood to the muscles along with more oxygen, nutrients and anabolic hormones, as well as bigger muscle pumps.
Arginine is also effective in boosting growth hormone (GH) levels, critical for stimulating muscle growth. Although scientists long doubted the effectiveness of arginine for muscle growth and strength, NO products sold like hot cakes. Sales records typically suggest the effectiveness of a product. When a study was finally done on arginine in bodybuilders, it confirmed the sales records: Subjects taking arginine increased their bench-press strength by almost 20 pounds more than those taking a placebo.

The Dose ›› Take 3–5 g in the form of L-arginine, arginine alpha-ketoglutarate, arginine ketoisocaproate, arginine malate or arginine ethyl ester, in the mornings before breakfast, 30–60 minutes before workouts and 30–60 minutes before bed.

Beta-Alanine
Primary Benefit ›› Improving muscular endurance and strength

In the body this amino acid is combined with another amino acid, histadine, to form the dipeptide (two amino acids bound together) known as carnosine. Research has determined that muscles with higher levels of carnosine have more strength and endurance. More recent studies have found that this also holds true in athletes who supplement with beta-alanine. One of the most recent studies on beta-alanine reported that subjects who took beta-alanine along with creatine gained more muscle mass and lost more body fat than subjects taking just creatine.

The Dose ›› Take 1–1.5 g of beta-alanine or carnosine immediately before and immediately after workouts.

Glutamine
Primary Benefit ›› Improving recovery from training

This amino has been a bodybuilding favorite for many years, as it provides a multitude of functions. To start, glutamine aids muscle growth by increasing levels of the BCAA leucine in muscle fibers. It also helps decrease muscle breakdown. Since the immune system requires glutamine to function, taking supplemental glutamine prevents the immune system from stealing it from muscle fibers. This not only enhances immune function, but also encourages muscle growth via better maintenance of muscle-glutamine levels. Taken before workouts, it can help to decrease muscle fatigue by buffering lactic acid. It also boosts GH levels, making it a great supplement for after workouts and before bed. If all that weren’t enough, recent research shows that glutamine can increase the amount of calories and fat burned at rest and during exercise.

The Dose ›› Go with 5–10 g of glutamine 30–60 minutes before workouts, immediately after workouts and 30–60 minutes before bed.

Carnitine
Primary Benefit ›› Enhancing body-fat burning

Carnitine is made from the amino acids lysine and methionine, as well as vitamin C, B-3, B-6 and iron. You may have heard about its ability to enhance fat loss, yet new research shows that in addition to fat burning, carnitine can enhance muscle growth. Carnitine is essential in the body for transporting fats to the mitochondria, the area in cells where fats are burned for fuel. Research also shows that carnitine can enhance the amount of testosterone receptors known as androgen receptors, inside muscle cells. The more of these receptors the more testosterone that can bind to them and stimulate muscle growth.

The Dose ››Take 1–1.5 g of carnitine or acetyl-L-carnitine in the morning, before breakfast, 30–60 minutes before workouts and 30–60 minutes before bed.

Citrulline

Primary Benefit ›› Increasing arginine levels in the blood An amino closely related to arginine

citrulline is regularly converted into arginine. Some scientists suggest that taking citrulline better maintains arginine levels in the blood than taking arginine itself. Because of this, most of the benefits you get with arginine, such as NO and GH production, you also get with citrulline. Also, research shows that when subjects take citrulline malate (citrulline attached to malic acid), they have reduced fatigue and significantly increased levels of ATP and creatine phosphate in their muscles.

The Dose ›› Take 2–3 g of either L-citrulline or citrulline malate about 30–60 minutes before workouts.

Taurine
Primary Benefit ›› Preventing muscle fatigue and atrophy

Research shows that when taurine levels in muscle fibers are decreased, as happens during exercise, so, too, is the strength of those muscle fibers. Other studies show that when taurine is added to muscle fibers, muscle strength increases. In addition to increasing muscle strength, studies show that taurine supplementation can increase endurance by up to 50%, as well as reduce oxidative stress that accompanies intense exercise. In fact, taurine appears to be crucial to protect muscle cells from atrophy (reduction in size). Taurine appears to reduce fatigue by reducing levels of lactic acid in muscle and increases strength by enhancing the ability of muscle to contract faster and with more force. On top of all those benefits, taurine can also enhance muscle-cell volume by drawing water into the muscle cells, somewhat like creatine.

The Dose ›› Take 1–3 g of taurine about 30–60 minutes before workouts and immediately after.

Tyrosine
Primary Benefit ›› Upping energy

Tyrosine is a true pick-me-up amino acid, as it is known to increase energy, elevate mood, enhance mental focus, aid fat loss and even boost sex drive. In the body, tyrosine is used to produce several important hormones and neurotransmitters such as dopamine, norepinephrine and epinephrine, as well as thyroid hormones. Norepinephrine and epinephrine increase metabolic rate, as well as the breakdown of body fat for use as fuel, which is important for those interested in dropping body fat. New research suggests that having higher epinephrine levels during workouts can enhance muscle strength and reduce fatigue.

The Dose ›› Take 1–4 g of tyrosine 30–60 minutes before workouts. Also, take 1–4 g in the morning to start the day with more energy.

Theanine
Primary Benefit ›› Boosting growth hormone

Those of you who are green tea drinkers may be familiar with this amino acid, as it is found in tea leaves and is responsible for the mental and physical relaxation that some teas offer. Few people realize that theanine is actually a modified form of glutamine. Here’s why an amino acid that promotes relaxation is on our Awesome Aminos list: While reducing stress and getting a good night’s sleep are important for building muscle, theanine offers much more. Theanine promotes relaxation by increasing the levels of GABA (gamma-amino-butyric acid), an important inhibitory neurotransmitter in the brain. That’s great for relaxation, but more importantly GABA also increases GH release. Taking theanine before bed will not only help you sleep better, but it can also help to further spike GH levels while you sleep.

The Dose ›› Take 50–200 mg of theanine about 30–60 minutes before bed.

By James Edwin

ConcreteConny

ConcreteConny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Taurine could be thrown to the mix for sure.:)

//CC

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Dosing Arginine, Glutamine, and L-Carnitine would be a waste of money. Stick to either ArginoCarn or GPLC if you want extra fat burning and a mental boost.

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Dosing Arginine, Glutamine, and L-Carnitine would be a waste of money. Stick to either ArginoCarn or GPLC if you want extra fat burning and a mental boost.
Glutamine works for me after workouts

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Glutamine works for me after workouts
Glutamine is crap unless it's taken via IV. Get in enough Leucine and some fast-acting protein and you'll be set. Glutamine is the product of nothing but fabricated "science" and marketing.

ConcreteConny

ConcreteConny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've never been a fan of Glutamine myself. I never felt it doing any good for me :(

//CC

ProteinMurder

Awards
  • Established
Glutamine is crap unless it's taken via IV. Get in enough Leucine and some fast-acting protein and you'll be set. Glutamine is the product of nothing but fabricated "science" and marketing.
Yeah, I have read a few times It does not survive the digestion process. It WOULD be good if it did. But it does not and is therefore useless.

tattoopierced1

Pump Fixx or HyperTroph-X and Body Mortar pre workout and I'm good to go.

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
i tried some bulk Glutamine a couple months back. Didn't really notice it doing anything. I've used it before as part of a blend in supps like Xtend but never tried it on its own till i bought it in bulk. Tastes like ass

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
glutamine helped a lot during some of my cutting phases

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Define a lot.
well that and some creatine really help preserve most of my muscle, during a 2 month cut
id say about 90% of my muscle was kept while dropping about 15 lbs

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Some nice idea's, shame you can't buy all the bulk's to create it from 1 store!

g0hardorgohom

g0hardorgohom

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Now I'm using just Jack3d - 1,5 scoops pre workout..

Before my blend was this:
Creatine monohydrate 5g
Beta-alanine 3g
Caffein 150mg
L-Glutamine 5g

If I was still sticking with that blend of my own, I'd add in some 1,3-dimethylamylamine and citrulline malate and maybe take some BCAA's instead of glutamine... And maybe take a little bit more caffeine but not more than 200mg.