Why Prescription Drugs Work Without Being Cycled

ahh123

ahh123

Awards
  • Established
Anybody ever questioned why prescription drugs like drugs to lower blood pressure, blood sugar, cholesterol...people take daily until they die (30 or more years) work so well even with people having bad eating habits, drinking alcohol, no exercise - basically not changing anything in their life?

Yet we have dietary supplements bodybuilders take to raise their levels of testosterone and other hormones & having perfect diet and exercise yet such supplements need to be cycled or work only few weeks then body develops tolerance and they become ineffective?

It's like with prescription pills people can be lazy and do nothing for their body and they get desired results until they die but with dietary supplements people can live perfect life for their bodies and they get results only for few weeks or most supplements are pure crap that doesn't work.

Not to mention prescription pills are for free (actually also healthy people pay so unhealthy can get them for free) but dietary supplements nobody pays for us from any health fond.

Why is this so cause this looks so unfair?

Lutztenways

Lutztenways

Awards
....I've always paid for any prescriptions via my insurance premiums and copays. This is the case for a majority of people in the US at least (I just wrapped a course on healthcare facts).

edit; I had to use all my will power not to totally derail this thread and write you a book on the misconceptions you have concerning healthcare.

ahh123

ahh123

Awards
  • Established
What I'm wondering is why prescription drugs can work over 30 years with taking them daily but dietary supplements can't even work a month or you can barely feel any effect?

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
What I'm wondering is why prescription drugs can work over 30 years with taking them daily but dietary supplements can't even work a month or you can barely feel any effect?
Who says they work for over 30 years. Most mds mcguyver you together with a paper clip and a lot of pills . They are making money haha not really divulging into your body to treat the issue. My 2 cents

Jim2542

Jim2542

Banned
Awards
Also people do build tolerances to script drugs. That's why you go back for checkups and normally up the dosage or change medication.

ahh123

ahh123

Awards
  • Established
Still many people are fat, smoke, eat fast food, never exercise yet they take pill and have perfect values of cholesterol, blood pressure...

This is why would be great to have similar pill for bodybuilders that would give you desired levels of testosterone, estrogen, prolactin but we don't have that.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Still many people are fat, smoke, eat fast food, never exercise yet they take pill and have perfect values of cholesterol, blood pressure...

This is why would be great to have similar pill for bodybuilders that would give you desired levels of testosterone, estrogen, prolactin but we don't have that.
Health is beyond BP and lipid numbers. You're also comparing two very different categories. RX has to demonstrate safety and efficacy while OTC has to do neither.

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
Health is beyond BP and lipid numbers. You're also comparing two very different categories. RX has to demonstrate safety and efficacy while OTC has to do neither.
True.You can devolop tumors and have normal bp and lipids.

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established

Steroids and cycles are easyier than you think to obtain locally.I can't list how nor can I pm instructions as this is againstthe rules but I assure you its easy.

VS91588

VS91588

Awards
The reason why you cycle anabolic steroids is only to give your body a rest from the unatural hormones. If you do not cycle off than you are running the risk of shutting down your natural production of testosterone. If you don't care about that and want to stay on it than go right ahead. That is your choice. No1 is saying you have to come off it. I know guys who do 12 week cycles of test and another compound and than when the cycle is over they will shoot up test once a week while they are "off" and than bump it back up again when they wanna cycle. They are also running the risk of being shut down. It's just a choice