Virile Mane - Did it work for you? -

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys,

Personally I haven't tried this product but am highly interested in feedback to see what peoples thoughts are, from those that have used it. Thanks for the feedback.

PS - Keep it light and friendly no hate here thank you. I wuz just lightening up the mood with the poll options.

nunes

nunes

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys,

Personally I haven't tried this product but am highly interested in feedback to see what peoples thoughts are, from those that have used it. Thanks for the feedback.

PS - Keep it light and friendly no hate here thank you. I wuz just lightening up the mood with the poll options.
this is going to be a hard one...:pat:

max silver

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The results haven't been dramatic, but they certainly are visible. I've been using VM for about 6 months now, alongside Noxidant the entire time as well. A few months ago I started using Java Lustre as well. I suffer from diffuse thinning, so that makes it a bit harder to gauge results, as there are no large bald spots on my head, the hair is just thin throughout. I do have new dark hairs sprouting in the temple regions of my head, where my hairline had previously receeded a touch. Overall I say the product definitely works, just a lot slower than I would have hoped for.

niCe99

niCe99

Awards
  • Established
The results haven't been dramatic, but they certainly are visible. I've been using VM for about 6 months now, alongside Noxidant the entire time as well. A few months ago I started using Java Lustre as well. I suffer from diffuse thinning, so that makes it a bit harder to gauge results, as there are no large bald spots on my head, the hair is just thin throughout. I do have new dark hairs sprouting in the temple regions of my head, where my hairline had previously receeded a touch. Overall I say the product definitely works, just a lot slower than I would have hoped for.
Have you noticed any major shredding along the way?

heres my log on VM. I have noticed immense shredding and i am afraid of continuing use of the product.

f o r u m . b o d y b u i l d i n g . c o m/showthread.php?p=333918381&posted=1#post333918381

Just remove the spaces. i cant post up URLs since i dont have 50 posts

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I used it for 3 months, and experienced accelerated shedding, unabated. I stopped using it and started Revita, and hair loss is way slower. I'm very tempted to try Rogaine.

keeper

Rogaine is good but much better is a prescription med called Propecia. My husband uses the generic form, called Proscar Finasteride. Very inexpensive. He's been on it a year and it has closed up the thin spot he had at the crown and brought his hairline back to it's original placement. No sides, either.

max silver

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Have you noticed any major shredding along the way?

heres my log on VM. I have noticed immense shredding and i am afraid of continuing use of the product.

f o r u m . b o d y b u i l d i n g . c o m/showthread.php?p=333918381&posted=1#post333918381

Just remove the spaces. i cant post up URLs since i dont have 50 posts
Yeah, when I first started using the product I had increased shedding for at least a month before things started improving. I really wish I had been taking pictures all along during my usage to have a better barometer for measuring the results.

niCe99

niCe99

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, when I first started using the product I had increased shedding for at least a month before things started improving. I really wish I had been taking pictures all along during my usage to have a better barometer for measuring the results.
1 month of aggressive shedding but what is your definition of improving? has the hair that shedded grown back stronger? also i am assuming you are still applying VM. one more quesiton, how long have u used it?

niCe99

niCe99

Awards
  • Established
Rogaine is good but much better is a prescription med called Propecia. My husband uses the generic form, called Proscar Finisteride. Very inexpensive, like $40 for a year's worth. He's been on it a year and it has closed up the thin spot he had at the crown and brought his hairline back to it's original placement. No sides, either.
Proscar Finisteride eh?

i have been reluctant of starting procepia because of $$$ but $40 for a year supply? where can i get that? does it have to be prescribed, the generic one? also, how much does your husband dose it?

thanks!

keeper

Proscar Finisteride eh?

i have been reluctant of starting procepia because of $$$ but $40 for a year supply? where can i get that? does it have to be prescribed, the generic one? also, how much does your husband dose it?

thanks!
Yes, it's prescription only. But most docs are not hesitant to write it since sides are so rare. You will need to ask your doc for the generic. We get it through Canadageneric.com, phone 800-258-0861. You'll need to call and open a user acct. with them, then you'll fax your script from the doc to them. They are very easy to do business with and fast with shipping. Refills not a problem. The generic tablets are 10 mg's and have to be quartered for your daily dosage of 2.5 mg's once per day. We picked up a little drug cutter at Walgreen's. It's been a very successful effort for my husband. In fact, I just had to re-order last week. If I can help further, let me know.

niCe99

niCe99

Awards
  • Established
Awesome answer, you have helped plenty and i thank you for that!

i will get to around this within the coming weeks. i'll keep you posted along with updated photos if you wish

niCe99

niCe99

Awards
  • Established
question. i cant seem to find it

i found these 2 but non of the 10mg that you recommended.

w w w.c a n a dapharmacy.com/index.cfm/fuseaction/product/name/Propecia-(Finasteride)/product_id/1750.htm

w w w.c a n adapharmacy.com/index.cfm/fuseaction/product/product_id/1753.htm

take off the spaces

keeper

Awesome answer, you have helped plenty and i thank you for that!

i will get to around this within the coming weeks. i'll keep you posted along with updated photos if you wish
Yes, I'd be interested to see your progress. Most definitely. Others will be helped, too. You have to be patient when first starting. Get your mind right about it. Commit to it knowing that your patience will be rewarded. It will take about 90 days to really see a difference so do not lose heart and quit. And don't take your pics more often than every couple of months. Focus on the long-term results.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Rogaine is good but much better is a prescription med called Propecia. My husband uses the generic form, called Proscar Finisteride. Very inexpensive, like $40 for a year's worth. He's been on it a year and it has closed up the thin spot he had at the crown and brought his hairline back to it's original placement. No sides, either.
No sides? I hear awful stuff about the sides, but successful users aren't in hairloss.com talking about it, methinks.

niCe99

niCe99

Awards
  • Established
Yes, I'd be interested to see your progress. Most definitely. Others will be helped, too. You have to be patient when first starting. Get your mind right about it. Commit to it knowing that your patience will be rewarded. It will take about 90 days to really see a difference so do not lose heart and quit. And don't take your pics more often than every couple of months. Focus on the long-term results.
Of course. a log of me using Vilrile Mane is above somewhere. i took serveral pictures every month. after 3-4 months, i have noticed intense shedding, something i have never experience.

also which product were you talking about? refer to the other post earlier.

thanks!

keeper

I'm sorry, it's been a year and my recollection of detail was not great. Here is the page for the exact product my husband has been using successfully.

http://www.canadageneric.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.search&product_namefilter=proscar&button_checkout.x=9&button_checkout.y=6

Propecia is prescribed in 1mg.'s, and once quartered, this Proscar Finasteride will be 1 1/4 mg's, so slightly more product, but that is not a problem. I'm not an expert, but from all I've read, sides are rare. My husband has noticed none at all. Print the above page and ask your doc to write your script for exactly that.

niCe99

niCe99

Awards
  • Established
I'm sorry, it's been a year and my recollection of detail was not great. Here is the page for the exact product my husband has been using successfully.

Propecia is prescribed in 1mg.'s, and once quartered, this Proscar Finasteride will be 1 1/4 mg's, so slightly more product, but that is not a problem. I'm not an expert, but from all I've read, sides are rare. My husband has noticed none at all. Print the above page and ask your doc to write your script for exactly that.
awesome, thanks once again!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Evomuse 8
travbedaman Evomuse 8
Evomuse 4
Evomuse 21
dsade Evomuse 115