Thor's Thunder: Electrake's Epic Training Tales

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Lol, I remember I bought a Gorilla Wear stringer once. Then I tried it on and I looked terrible in it, so never wore it again.
my wife re-organized our entire closet while I was gone last weekend and this morning I was going through my gym shirts drawer to pack for the day. lo and behold, there sat a nicely folded stringer from like... geez, maybe 12 years ago? lol

Electrake

Electrake

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I'm sore from head to toe, trying to decide what to train today! I want to knock deadlifts out of the park this week, so I'm leaning towards presses. Yesterday was 100% bench, today would be 100% OHP with log as supplemental. I'm working with much lighter weights than I have been, so maybe I'll go in and do some tempo work today... that sounds nice...

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I'm sore from head to toe, trying to decide what to train today! I want to knock deadlifts out of the park this week, so I'm leaning towards presses. Yesterday was 100% bench, today would be 100% OHP with log as supplemental. I'm working with much lighter weights than I have been, so maybe I'll go in and do some tempo work today... that sounds nice...
Go get it!!

Electrake

Electrake

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
This was yesterdays
4/20/24

Main - OHP (strict)
  • 5 x 70lb
  • 5 x 85
  • 5 x 105
  • 5 x 115
  • 5 x 135
  • 5 x 150
Supplemental - Log press and clean
  • 8 x 5 @ 115
Assistance
  • Seated Row 5 x 10 @ 220
  • Floor Press 5 x 10 @155lb
Other Stuff
  • Weighted crunch 5 x 30 @ 150lb
  • Abwheel 5x5
Time 58min
Weight 211.9

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
This was yesterdays
4/20/24

Main - OHP (strict)
  • 5 x 70lb
  • 5 x 85
  • 5 x 105
  • 5 x 115
  • 5 x 135
  • 5 x 150
Supplemental - Log press and clean
  • 8 x 5 @ 115
Assistance
  • Seated Row 5 x 10 @ 220
  • Floor Press 5 x 10 @155lb
Other Stuff
  • Weighted crunch 5 x 30 @ 150lb
  • Abwheel 5x5
Time 58min
Weight 211.9
Heck yeah nice work and that OHP is looking strong! 💪🏻

Electrake

Electrake

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I'm not getting into the gym today, mental health is in the shitter and I have some errands to run, closest "city" being 45min away. Refueling and prepping for the coming week, need a big ass cheeseburger, beer, and to celebrate today's holiday.

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I'm not getting into the gym today, mental health is in the shitter and I have some errands to run, closest "city" being 45min away. Refueling and prepping for the coming week, need a big ass cheeseburger, beer, and to celebrate today's holiday.
Funny I just cooked a smash burger on the blackstone for lunch with Gouda cheese and pickled jalapeños!

Electrake

Electrake

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Missed the gym today due to an ever elusive "flow state" programming today, can't spoil those. Getting in tomorrow morning for Squat/Bench.

My current stack, all SNS, and as far as anabolism is concerned, is Recomp20, Anabolic XT, and Pepti-Plex if you want to lump it in here. I'm a month into them and reordering, I think I'm going to add in Anabolic Effect as well, I'd like to do PA as well, but that's the difference between one hundred and some change and two hundred and some change lol. Maybe for month 3. I notice pretty dramatic mood changes in a positive way around my supplementation times that I'm associating with Recomp20, it's pretty stellar and has me considering trying a mid day dose.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Missed the gym today due to an ever elusive "flow state" programming today, can't spoil those. Getting in tomorrow morning for Squat/Bench.

My current stack, all SNS, and as far as anabolism is concerned, is Recomp20, Anabolic XT, and Pepti-Plex if you want to lump it in here. I'm a month into them and reordering, I think I'm going to add in Anabolic Effect as well, I'd like to do PA as well, but that's the difference between one hundred and some change and two hundred and some change lol. Maybe for month 3. I notice pretty dramatic mood changes in a positive way around my supplementation times that I'm associating with Recomp20, it's pretty stellar and has me considering trying a mid day dose.
That's a great stack. I think you'll really like adding Anabolic Effect to it.

The best stack I've ever ran was last fall and I'm getting ready to start back on it, and it was Anabolic XT, Anabolic Effect, Pepti-Plex, Recomp20, and Phosphatidic Acid XT.

I'm glad to hear that its helping with mood as well. I noticed the same on it.

Electrake

Electrake

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
That's a great stack. I think you'll really like adding Anabolic Effect to it.

The best stack I've ever ran was last fall and I'm getting ready to start back on it, and it was Anabolic XT, Anabolic Effect, Pepti-Plex, Recomp20, and Phosphatidic Acid XT.

I'm glad to hear that its helping with mood as well. I noticed the same on it.
Awesome! I'm not sure if it's my current stack, training and diet haven't changed much, but the hunger I'm getting anymore is fairly intense. Easy enough to just chug some water or a shake. I really want to add in the PA, I'll look into it again in 3 weeks.

Edit: I'd like to add Prime after seeing some reviews as well. The explosion of interest, while alluring, has me setting back to wait for reviews and look at a few more studies.

Last edited:
sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Awesome! I'm not sure if it's my current stack, training and diet haven't changed much, but the hunger I'm getting anymore is fairly intense. Easy enough to just chug some water or a shake. I really want to add in the PA, I'll look into it again in 3 weeks.

Edit: I'd like to add Prime after seeing some reviews as well. The explosion of interest, while alluring, has me setting back to wait for reviews and look at a few more studies.
There aren't many studies on the ingredient in Prime XT to look at. I love the science myself, but there just isn't much on that ingredient. I've said the whole time since we started getting asked to offer it, that its one that there aren't many studies on, but the real world feedback on the ingredient speaks for itself.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Sometimes when I have some projects piling up, if I hit that flow state like you mentioned, I will always lean into it. I don’t stop to eat or let anything derail me if possible; I just ride the wave as far as it can take me. Those are golden mental moments, similar to one of those special gym sessions where everything is feeling perfect & all the weights are moving faster than they should.

Me & the wife always say, you gotta cook while the pan is hot!

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Anabolic Effect as well, I'd like to do PA as well
get at least a 2 month supply of each when you get them, and stack them. like A XT, you notice the hit around week 3, so don't stop that wave right when it's getting good!

the PA, definitely gave me more all day muscle hardness, good pumps etc, and again, when I started noticing it I realized I was at the end of bottle one and immediately needed to get another going....

Electrake

Electrake

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Here's a fun topic that's been beaten to death, Traveling with Supplements!

Heading out of town in 1.5 weeks for 1.5 weeks, usually I just bring everything, bottles and all. I'm kind of a nerd about "one-bagging" these days and just bring a backpack everywhere, so room is limited. I'm thinking just put the total allotment of what I'll need in individual baggies? Seems dummy proof, why am I asking :ROFLMAO:

Electrake

Electrake

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
get at least a 2 month supply of each when you get them, and stack them. like A XT, you notice the hit around week 3, so don't stop that wave right when it's getting good!

the PA, definitely gave me more all day muscle hardness, good pumps etc, and again, when I started noticing it I realized I was at the end of bottle one and immediately needed to get another going....
I'm finishing up week three of AXT right now, I've been getting way more physique comments than I ever have which is probably more attributable to the amount of fat I've been dropping lol. But I do have another bottle coming along with AE.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

Heading out of town in 1.5 weeks for 1.5 weeks, usually I just bring everything, bottles and all. I'm kind of a nerd about "one-bagging" these days and just bring a backpack everywhere, so room is limited. I'm thinking just put the total allotment of what I'll need in individual baggies? Seems dummy proof, why am I asking :ROFLMAO:
As much as it pains me to ever recommend anything off Amazon, these are great:

9 compartments per pill case. I have 2 of them - black one for morning, blue one for night. Fill them and that's twice a day dosing for 9 days.

I'm trying to track down where to have these made for the companies because I would love to be able to offer them bc they're so convenient.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

That’s why I did last time I went flying. Put daily pills in ziploc and seal. Super convenient when you land, just grab a bag a day.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
As much as it pains me to ever recommend anything off Amazon, these are great:

9 compartments per pill case. I have 2 of them - black one for morning, blue one for night. Fill them and that's twice a day dosing for 9 days.

I'm trying to track down where to have these made for the companies because I would love to be able to offer them bc they're so convenient.
That one looks pretty handy too

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I have a 14-compartment container tray with AM & PM slots for each day.

I just preload it ahead of time and since I rarely go over 4-5 days anywhere now I have 4-6 empty slots for bulkier things like some fish oil or extra targeted us things like caffeine tabs, some servings of Glycophase, etc.

If you can consider taking all of your full supplement bottles with you, you’re not taking enough sh*t

Electrake

Electrake

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
If you can consider taking all of your full supplement bottles with you, you’re not taking enough sh*t
Right?! I've become a bit of a "geardo" over the years, if it can't fit in my 32qt bag with my computer and **** for a week, I don't need it.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Right?! I've become a bit of a "geardo" over the years, if it can't fit in my 32qt bag with my computer and **** for a week, I don't need it.
I was watching too much Succession this winter and geeked out a bit the other direction. Since I've been travelling a lot for work lately my test has been to see if I can manage my trips in this guy:

First trip was very very questionable as I wore dress shoes, packed slip on for comfort, and golf shoes. haha.
second trip went much better eliminating two pairs of shoes and going with flip flops instead.

Electrake

Electrake

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I was watching too much Succession this winter and geeked out a bit the other direction. Since I've been travelling a lot for work lately my test has been to see if I can manage my trips in this guy:

First trip was very very questionable as I wore dress shoes, packed slip on for comfort, and golf shoes. haha.
second trip went much better eliminating two pairs of shoes and going with flip flops instead.
A fair point, if I needed to dress for business I'd probably incorporate something else...

I use this badboy here Ultra Dragonfly, my biggest problem is my laptop is too big for the laptop pocket... But I've also fit enough crap in it for a 3 day backpacking trip.

Electrake

Electrake

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
4/23/24

Main - Squat

• 5 x 155lb
  • 5 x 195
  • 5 x 230
  • 5 x 255
  • 5 x 295
  • 5 x 335
Supplemental - OHP
  • 10 x 5 @ 135
Assistance
  • axle pendlay rows 5x10 185
  • Single arm tricep extensions 5x10 30lb
Abs/Legs
  • Leg Press/calf press superset 5x10/5x20 885lb
Time - 58min
Weight - 212.2

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
@Hyde I jokingly checked out the tanks at EliteFTS after your comment and saw that they are awesome and cheap

View attachment 241671
They really do have some cool or funny designs - I always kick myself for not getting the Gymshart one when all the local college kids were going through that phase.

If you get the premium tees, they are very soft and fitted nicely too - something comfy you’ll enjoy for casual wear. And sometimes I order traditional heavy cotton tshirts for squatting - something that will hold chalk and help pump me up, remind me to dig deep when it’s time to work.

I often grab 1-3 tops during a sale to hit the free shipping over $69 whenever I am re-upping on bands, chalk, ammonia, some wrist wraps or maybe a sleeve, etc (their wrist wraps and 2-ply knee sleeves are awesome btw). You can get some good tanks for $15 or whatever.

Electrake

Electrake

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
@Dustin07 Have you ever heard of "Pursuit Fitness" out there? They may just be up north more. Shopping for my week of gym time there, Lake Stevens has like 5 crossfit gyms, and 3 "box store" style gyms.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

Heading out of town in 1.5 weeks for 1.5 weeks, usually I just bring everything, bottles and all. I'm kind of a nerd about "one-bagging" these days and just bring a backpack everywhere, so room is limited. I'm thinking just put the total allotment of what I'll need in individual baggies? Seems dummy proof, why am I asking
Yeah, I do hate traveling because it takes a lot of thinking to plan enough for all of my capsules, pre-WO samples, protein, etc. And that's not to mention any TDs, which I usually just skip out of convenience.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
@Dustin07 Have you ever heard of "Pursuit Fitness" out there? They may just be up north more. Shopping for my week of gym time there, Lake Stevens has like 5 crossfit gyms, and 3 "box store" style gyms.
no I don't venture that far north too often anymore with the Seattle/Bellevue traffic being so much worse these days.... I tend to tap out around Renton and south of there now lol

Electrake

Electrake

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
no I don't venture that far north too often anymore with the Seattle/Bellevue traffic being so much worse these days.... I tend to tap out around Renton and south of there now lol
Totally get that. My venture from SeaTac north is enough.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Totally get that. My venture from SeaTac north is enough.
even SeaTac is a PITA to be honest. The other day it took my boy and I 40 minutes to get from the terminal after the plane landed to our car, lol. and that was a good day!

Electrake

Electrake

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
4/24/24

Main - Bench
  • 5 x 110lb
  • 5 x 140
  • 5 x 170
  • 5 x 180
  • 5 x 215
  • 5 x 245
Supplemental - Bench
  • 10 x 5 @ 185
Assistance
  • Kroc row 5 x 10 @ 100
  • DB fly 5 x 10 @ 30
Legs/Stuff
  • Super set cable crunch/oblique cable pushdown
Time 52min
Weight 211.9

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
4/24/24

Main - Bench
  • 5 x 110lb
  • 5 x 140
  • 5 x 170
  • 5 x 180
  • 5 x 215
  • 5 x 245
Supplemental - Bench
  • 10 x 5 @ 185
Assistance
  • Kroc row 5 x 10 @ 100
  • DB fly 5 x 10 @ 30
Legs/Stuff
  • Super set cable crunch/oblique cable pushdown
Time 52min
Weight 211.9
Man at first glance I thought you did 100 reps on Kroc rows 😂

Electrake

Electrake

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Man at first glance I thought you did 100 reps on Kroc rows 😂
Felt like it! I do need to increase weight, but the next step up at my gym is 120 lol... I'm going to just incorporate fat gripz instead

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Felt like it! I do need to increase weight, but the next step up at my gym is 120 lol... I'm going to just incorporate fat gripz instead
Strange they don’t have 110’s or 115’s

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
It's a grungy old place in a tourist trap, I'm either the oldest by 20 years or the youngest by 30 lol.
Well the gym I go to just got bought by the city of all people. So I’m worried I have to be start looking for a new club next. I did find a powerlifting gym in town. One of the labors on a project I’m working was telling me about it sounds like a good place and cheap. But I’m spoiled because my current gym is 10 minutes from are place now.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Strange they don’t have 110’s or 115’s
The LA F by my office only goes up to like 105s, it's one of the reasons I upgraded to the "every gym" membership so I could hit the Tacoma one where they have 120+ (although been a while since I pushed heavy DBs)

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Those are the shoes I use for lower body day. But I don’t have speed laces lol

Well the gym I go to just got bought by the city of all people. So I’m worried I have to be start looking for a new club next. I did find a powerlifting gym in town. One of the labors on a project I’m working was telling me about it sounds like a good place and cheap. But I’m spoiled because my current gym is 10 minutes from are place now.
How far is the powerlifting gym?

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar

How far is the powerlifting gym?
20ish minutes probably faster in the morning when there is no traffic.

Electrake

Electrake

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I just wear them every gym day since it's usually a push/pull/legs. Also they're comfy lol.