Supplement Industry Questions Amazon Compliance Announcement

Prince

Prince

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established

I can only speak for some of the brands that have reached out to me for my thoughts and opinions on how to move forward, but the Amazon compliance announcement rocked the supplement industry when the news broke.
For those of you who have no idea what I’m speaking of, I have a link at the very bottom of this article that will take you to the announcement being covered over on NutraIngredients-USA.com.
But in this article, I’m going to lay out my opinion of both the good and the bad that’s going to come from this. Let’s dive into things!

BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
GOOD!

There should be NO ADDITIONAL cost involved as all brands are supposed to be testing anyways. All a brand needs to do is switch to the NSF or Eurofin for their cGMP testing. It's not like you have to test twice. As to the "small brands" that are amazon exclusive: Well they are the worst offenders and the free ride aka WIDESPREAD ACCEPTED FRAUD they were largely involved with is hopefully over. If a company cannot afford the LEGALLY REQUIRED testing then they don't have enough capital to be a supplement company. If you can't afford the crash test safety testing you don't get to manufacture automobiles for sale either.