Ninja Creami - Protein Ice Cream

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
White chocolate macadamia nut cookies are my favorite, tied with chocolate chip!

Using the chemi for the first time tonight. Made the base yesterday so it’s been in the freezer for 24 hours. One will be cookies and cream and the other will be strawberry / banana cheesecake. Used cottage cheese, sugar free jello instant cheesecake pudding, vanilla protein, fresh strawberries and fresh bananas. The other is the same except no fruit. Will add Oreo thins as a mix in for the cookies and cream.
How did this go? I havent felt the need to add any pudding mixes as the consicentcy has been on point already.

Yesterday i had a really good one:
  • 100g Cottage Cheese
  • 1 scoop SELECT Chocolate Mint Cookie
  • 1dl coffee
  • 2dl water
  • 10g of 80% Callebaut dark chocolate as mix in

Last edited:

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
How did this go? I havent felt the need to add any pudding mixes as the consicentcy has been on point already.

Yesterday i had a really good one:
  • 100g Cottage Cheese
  • 1 scoop SELECT Chocolate Mint Cookie
  • 1dl coffee
  • 2dl water
  • 10g of 80% Callebaut dark chocolate as mix in
It went well. It did have an after taste and I think it came from the vanilla yogurt we used. The sugar cheesecake instant pudding mix was good in it. Especially mixed with strawberries and bananas.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
@TheMrMuscle has likely talked me into getting one of these things, so I thought I'd check out the thread for ideas.

I don't experiment with a lot of different brands of protein a lot - mainly from not trusting a lot to meet label claims and also because I the non-celiac autoimmune allergy to gluten so I have to be careful with cross contamination. My go to brands are Ketogenics Iso Whey and Zero Carb and also Trutein; so I'll probably experiment with some flavors from both brands when I get it.

Right now, I've been drinking on average 8 to 10 scoops protein per day so got plenty of opportunities to try a lot of different variants, and I like to mix up flavors and be creative anyway. Like one of my favorite recent mixes is 1 scoop of Fruity Cereal IsoWhey with 1 scoop Unicorn Vanilla - which I think would make for an incredible ice cream flavor.

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
@TheMrMuscle has likely talked me into getting one of these things, so I thought I'd check out the thread for ideas.

I don't experiment with a lot of different brands of protein a lot - mainly from not trusting a lot to meet label claims and also because I the non-celiac autoimmune allergy to gluten so I have to be careful with cross contamination. My go to brands are Ketogenics Iso Whey and Zero Carb and also Trutein; so I'll probably experiment with some flavors from both brands when I get it.

Right now, I've been drinking on average 8 to 10 scoops protein per day so got plenty of opportunities to try a lot of different variants, and I like to mix up flavors and be creative anyway. Like one of my favorite recent mixes is 1 scoop of Fruity Cereal IsoWhey with 1 scoop Unicorn Vanilla - which I think would make for an incredible ice cream flavor.
Ive not tried it with a pure whey isolate, but as long as you use a creamy base like cottage cheese i dont see any reason for it not to work. The reason for a whey/casein blend is the texture difference, but as cottage cheese is pure casein the difference should be minimal.

Yeah the fun part is to find flavor blends that really hits the spot. The one that is starting to be my favorite the more i refine it is my cherry garcia copy (which is my favorite REAL ice cream), I made a game changer the other night when i on the respin added in melted 80% Callebaut chocolate. It got blended into the ice cream and then it solidified. So i got chocolate all through the pint. So awesome!

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Ive not tried it with a pure whey isolate, but as long as you use a creamy base like cottage cheese i dont see any reason for it not to work. The reason for a whey/casein blend is the texture difference, but as cottage cheese is pure casein the difference should be minimal.

Yeah the fun part is to find flavor blends that really hits the spot. The one that is starting to be my favorite the more i refine it is my cherry garcia copy (which is my favorite REAL ice cream), I made a game changer the other night when i on the respin added in melted 80% Callebaut chocolate. It got blended into the ice cream and then it solidified. So i got chocolate all through the pint. So awesome!
Thank you. Ketogenics Zero Carb is a whey isolate/micellar casein blend, and Trutein is a whey isolate, micellar casein, and egg white protein blend. I like PES Select protein, but it bothers my stomach.

I've gotten to where I drink so much protein powder and so many of them bother my stomach, that I don't stray from my normal choices very much anymore. Plus, I had one pretty large size brand that claims to be gluten free that I tried and wound up having to go to the doctor and my inflammation levels went thru the roof because it absolutely was not gluten free - they aren't huge, but large enough to where that should have never ever happened.

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Thank you. Ketogenics Zero Carb is a whey isolate/micellar casein blend, and Trutein is a whey isolate, micellar casein, and egg white protein blend. I like PES Select protein, but it bothers my stomach.

I've gotten to where I drink so much protein powder and so many of them bother my stomach, that I don't stray from my normal choices very much anymore. Plus, I had one pretty large size brand that claims to be gluten free that I tried and wound up having to go to the doctor and my inflammation levels went thru the roof because it absolutely was not gluten free - they aren't huge, but large enough to where that should have never ever happened.
Im on a few Ninja Creami fb groups and reddits and ive seen people use Ketogenics protein with great success. I havent tried them myself as you know how it is to ship to Sweden. But @DieselNY makes top quality products so I can imagine they are nothing but the best. The flavors also looks really intriguing.

Looking forward to seeing your creations!

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Im on a few Ninja Creami fb groups and reddits and ive seen people use Ketogenics protein with great success. I havent tried them myself as you know how it is to ship to Sweden. But @DieselNY makes top quality products so I can imagine they are nothing but the best. The flavors also looks really intriguing.

Looking forward to seeing your creations!
If you want, I can order you a sampler or put some samples in bags and would be glad to send them to you. Not sure if they'd make it, but I'd be glad to try. The flavors are good, its light and easy on my stomach, and importantly to me - I've never had any cross contamination issues with it with my gluten allergy.

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Ok ok ok ok so yesterday i had THE BEST ice cream yet.

I know that in the US Jello-o packets are easy to find, but here in Sweden its near impossible. Well my daughter came home and suprised me with one because she knew i had been looking to try it in my ice cream

It wasnt a sugarfree one or anything, just a plain chocolate pudding mix. But i put it into a creami pint instantly. Recipie was as follow.
  • 100g Cottage Cheese
  • 1 scoop SELECT Chocolate Mint
  • 10g Jell-o mix
  • 10g Cocoa
  • 200g water
Then after first spin i added 10g melted Power 80 Callebaut Chocolate and a splash of water and did a respin.

It came out like a perfect soft serve ice cream! Consistency was perfekt and it had a deep rich chocolate flavor.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I love Ice Cream !!

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Wife just got this as a present, so subbing for later to try out recipes.