My Cutting Journey with Test, Anavar, and Potential Add-Ons

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
OK, thank you. One last question about that. Would it be better to take the 2 IU before bed, or should I split them, taking 1 IU in the morning and another 1 IU in the evening?
Yes 2 IU before bed is good, but there is evidence that taken in the morning while in a fasted state is best for fat loss. There really isn’t a need to split doses unless you start running higher doses of 4 IU and above. I’m not sure it matters a lot as long as you take it.

Bon20

Awards
Friday, December 8, 2023: Week 6

Morning Regimen:

• 50mg Test C
  • 20mg Nolva, split between morning and afternoon
  • 250iu HCG
Meal Plan: Today's meal plan was good and satisfying. I feel the need to vary my protein sources a bit more.

Total Nutritional Intake:

• 174g protein
  • 231g carbohydrates
  • 41g fat
  • Total: 2029 KCAL
Strength Training:

• No strength training today.
Evening Martial Arts Training:

• 1 hour of Kickboxing and 1 hour of Thai boxing sparring
Kickboxing training went very well today. We learned some new techniques not typically used in Thai boxing, which was refreshing. The sparring session was successful. I held back quite a bit, but I think next Friday I might increase the intensity, at least against some of the participants. I've been feeling somewhat unmotivated, which could be why I didn't push harder, but it was still a good session. Thankfully, I didn't receive any head hits, just a few minor low kicks.

Despite taking my AI yesterday, I experienced some gyno flare-ups today. I'm considering taking 6.25mg or 8.3mg of AI tomorrow. I have a precision scale for dietary supplements, so I can measure it accurately.

Additionally, I've started to focus on hemoglobin levels and their significance during a testosterone and Anavar cycle. After some research online, I still have questions. I'm thinking about purchasing a home hemoglobin testing kit to monitor my levels. I also plan to buy grapefruit seed extract for post-cycle use, as it should help lower hemoglobin levels, and aspirin to keep on hand. However, I need to conduct more research on hemoglobin levels in relation to steroid cycles and left ventricular hypertrophy (LVH).

Last edited:

Bon20

Awards
Yes 2 IU before bed is good, but there is evidence that taken in the morning while in a fasted state is best for fat loss. There really isn’t a need to split doses unless you start running higher doses of 4 IU and above. I’m not sure it matters a lot as long as you take it.
OK, thank you. Then I think I'll take 2 IU before bed. Also, thanks for your advice. I'm planning to start intermittent fasting (IF) or water fasting, and I'll try to do it once a week.

I used to do it frequently in the past, but I haven't been as consistent with it in recent years, so it's time to start again.

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Friday, December 8, 2023: Week 6

Morning Regimen:

• 50mg Test C
  • 250iu HCG
Meal Plan: Today's meal plan was good and satisfying. I feel the need to vary my protein sources a bit more.

• 174g protein
  • 231g carbohydrates
  • 59g fat
  • Total: 2194 KCAL
Strength Training:

• 1 hour of Kickboxing and 1 hour of Thai boxing sparring
Kickboxing training went very well today. We learned some new techniques not typically used in Thai boxing, which was refreshing. The sparring session was successful. I held back quite a bit, but I think next Friday I might increase the intensity, at least against some of the participants. I've been feeling somewhat unmotivated, which could be why I didn't push harder, but it was still a good session. Thankfully, I didn't receive any head hits, just a few minor low kicks.

Despite taking my AI yesterday, I experienced some gyno flare-ups today. I'm considering taking 6.25mg or 8.3mg of AI tomorrow. I have a precision scale for dietary supplements, so I can measure it accurately.

Additionally, I've started to focus on hemoglobin levels and their significance during a testosterone and Anavar cycle. After some research online, I still have questions. I'm thinking about purchasing a home hemoglobin testing kit to monitor my levels. I also plan to buy grapefruit seed extract for post-cycle use, as it should help lower hemoglobin levels, and aspirin to keep on hand. However, I need to conduct more research on hemoglobin levels in relation to steroid cycles and left ventricular hypertrophy (LVH).
You should use Nattokinase instead of aspirin…it helps thin the blood like aspirin and has been shown to help blood pressure, hematocrit, hemoglobin, dissolves blood clots quickly, and helps blood flow. If you do check and hemoglobin or hematocrit are high, obviously the quickest way to lower is to give blood. Aspirin, Nattokinase, and other supplements are just preventatives not treatments. A Phlebotomy or Blood Letting is still the quickest preferred treatment.

Bon20

Awards
Saturday, December 9, 2023: Week 6

Morning Regimen:

• 50mg Test C
  • 20mg Nolva, divided between morning and afternoon
Morning Weight:

• 171.9 lbs
My weight was slightly higher today, possibly due to fluid retention and elevated estrogen (E2) levels.

Meal Plan: The meal plan was satisfactory, but I experienced a bit of an energy deficit today.

• 174g protein
  • 252g carbohydrates
  • 60g fat
  • Total: 2271 KCAL
Strength Training:

• Squats: 5 sets x 5 reps at 271.2 lbs
  • Deadlift: 1 set x 1 rep at 418.9 lbs, followed by 1 set x 5 reps at 396.8 lbs
  • Standing EZ Bar Curls:
    • 70.5 lbs for 10 reps
    • 59.5 lbs for 12 reps (2 sets)
    • 55.1 lbs for 10 reps
  • Cable Tricep Push Down: 279.9 lbs for 12 reps (4 sets)

• No combat sports today
I didn't achieve my deadlift goal today. I aimed for 5 reps at 418.9 lbs but only managed 1 rep. I've been reflecting on this; I should have been able to lift more. However, I believe fatigue and insufficient sleep played a role, possibly compounded by forgetting to consume 20g of fat (about 166 calories) yesterday. Eating a banana and taking maltodextrin during the workout didn't seem to help.

For my next two deadlift sessions, I plan to reduce the weight to around 374.8 lbs and aim for 2-3 sets to increase volume. I'll also bring a snack to eat during the workout.

I only perform one top set of deadlifts to avoid overtraining. I find it's easy to overdo it with deadlifts, and hard to stop in time.

My gyno flare-ups have decreased, it seems it took two days for the Aromasin to take effect. My weight was still high this morning, so I took 6.12mg Aromasin. Since I'm not planning to eat tomorrow, I won't take any risks. I think a weekly dose of about 16.66mg to 18.75mg Aromasin should be suitable for me.

Other than that, everything is good. I'll soon start using topical finasteride at about 0.025%, or maybe a bit lower. According to studies, this concentration blocks about 52% of scalp DHT and 25% of serum DHT. I feel that 350mg of Testosterone is currently the sweet spot for me, but I'm considering increasing the dose to 400mg or 450mg, since the topical finasteride will block 25% of serum DHT.

Attachments

Bon20

Awards
You should use Nattokinase instead of aspirin…it helps thin the blood like aspirin and has been shown to help blood pressure, hematocrit, hemoglobin, dissolves blood clots quickly, and helps blood flow. If you do check and hemoglobin or hematocrit are high, obviously the quickest way to lower is to give blood. Aspirin, Nattokinase, and other supplements are just preventatives not treatments. A Phlebotomy or Blood Letting is still the quickest preferred treatment.
Thank you, that was a helpful suggestion. Aspirin isn't great for the stomach. Navigating Amazon is like exploring a jungle. I've found Nattokinase capsules with high potency, but they lack K2. Now, I just need to find a high-quality Nattokinase to order.

I plan to buy a home hemoglobin tester. I'm aware they might not be as accurate as the lab tests done at a doctor's office, but they should provide a rough indication if the hemoglobin levels are too high. Additionally, I'm considering donating blood either at the end of my cycle or after it's completed, to normalize hemoglobin levels more quickly. From what I've read about others' experiences, hemoglobin levels are usually somewhat elevated post-cycle.

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Saturday, December 9, 2023: Week 6

Morning Regimen:

• 50mg Test C
Morning Weight:

• 171.9 lbs
My weight was slightly higher today, possibly due to fluid retention and elevated estrogen (E2) levels.

Meal Plan: The meal plan was satisfactory, but I experienced a bit of an energy deficit today.

• 174g protein
  • 252g carbohydrates
  • 60g fat
  • Total: 2271 KCAL
Strength Training:

• Squats: 5 sets x 5 reps at 271.2 lbs
  • Deadlift: 1 set x 1 rep at 418.9 lbs, followed by 1 set x 5 reps at 396.8 lbs
  • Standing EZ Bar Curls:
    • 70.5 lbs for 10 reps
    • 59.5 lbs for 12 reps (2 sets)
    • 55.1 lbs for 10 reps
  • Cable Tricep Push Down: 279.9 lbs for 12 reps (4 sets)

• No combat sports today
I didn't achieve my deadlift goal today. I aimed for 5 reps at 418.9 lbs but only managed 1 rep. I've been reflecting on this; I should have been able to lift more. However, I believe fatigue and insufficient sleep played a role, possibly compounded by forgetting to consume 20g of fat (about 166 calories) yesterday. Eating a banana and taking maltodextrin during the workout didn't seem to help.

For my next two deadlift sessions, I plan to reduce the weight to around 374.8 lbs and aim for 2-3 sets to increase volume. I'll also bring a snack to eat during the workout.

I only perform one top set of deadlifts to avoid overtraining. I find it's easy to overdo it with deadlifts, and hard to stop in time.

My gyno flare-ups have decreased, it seems it took two days for the Aromasin to take effect. My weight was still high this morning, so I took 6.12mg Aromasin. Since I'm not planning to eat tomorrow, I won't take any risks. I think a weekly dose of about 16.66mg to 18.75mg Aromasin should be suitable for me.

Other than that, everything is good. I'll soon start using topical finasteride at about 0.025%, or maybe a bit lower. According to studies, this concentration blocks about 52% of scalp DHT and 25% of serum DHT. I feel that 350mg of Testosterone is currently the sweet spot for me, but I'm considering increasing the dose to 400mg or 450mg, since the topical finasteride will block 25% of serum DHT.
That’s still some good deadlifts for your body weight.👍

Bon20

Awards
That’s still some good deadlifts for your body weight.👍
Thank you.
I believe this is an indication that I need to slightly adjust my deadlift training approach. Additionally, mentally, it's quite challenging to consistently perform a top set of 5 reps every time.

Bon20

Awards
Sunday, December 10, 2023: Week 6

Morning Regimen:

• 50mg Test C
Meal Plan:

• No food today, just coffee and water. I will resume eating tomorrow morning.

• 0g protein
  • 0g carbohydrates
  • 0g fat
  • Total: 0 KCAL
Strength Training:

• No combat sports today.
I've reviewed my food intake over the past few weeks, which averages around 2260 calories per day, or approximately 15800 calories per week. By water fasting once a week, I can consume over 2600 calories on the other six days and still lose weight. My plan is to repeat this next week, potentially ending the fast on Sunday night instead of waiting until Monday morning.

This approach allows me more calories during the week when I need energy for martial arts and strength training. It also makes it easier to reduce calorie intake without going too low, which I need to be cautious about.

I'm undecided about how to approach eating tomorrow morning. My aim is to eat enough to maintain energy, gradually reintroducing carbohydrates to avoid headaches. The goal is to keep my total weekly intake around 15000 calories.

Additionally, I'm contemplating whether to increase my testosterone dose to 400mg per week starting from tomorrow. Making decisions on an empty stomach is challenging. The smart choice seems to be to start from tomorrow. My hesitation stems from wanting to research more about the concentration for my topical finasteride. Experiments have been conducted with 0.025%, but I'm considering whether a lower concentration, like 0.015%, 0.0125%, or 0.01%, would be effective while impacting serum DHT less or not at all. However, information in this area is primarily based on personal experiences and low-quality research.

So, I'm in the process of determining the best concentration for my needs.

Bon20

Awards
Monday, December 11, 2023: Week 7

Morning Regimen:

• 115mg Test C (0.460ml)
  • 8.33mg Aromasin
Meal Plan: Today's meal plan was okay, but not entirely planned. I found it hard to eat more by the end of the day, falling short by about 100-150 calories. Next time, I'll bring more food to training so I can eat during the session.

• 205g protein
  • 241g carbohydrates
  • 68g fat
  • Total: 2484 KCAL
Strength Training:

• Overhead Press: 5 sets x 5 reps at 127.9 lbs, followed by a back-off set of 110.2 lbs for 8 reps
  • Bench Press: 10 sets x 3 reps at 172 lbs
  • Seated Cable Pec Dec: 121.3 lbs for 12 reps (4 sets)

• No combat sports today.
It's been a while since my last water fast, making the recent 38-hour fast quite challenging. I drank a lot of coffee and had difficulty sleeping. However, Monday's refeed went smoothly, and I didn't experience an energy drop from eating carbs as I reintroduced them gradually.

But I felt very weak during strength training. I think it was a combination of lack of sleep, recent fasting, and my body not being accustomed to fasting. Next time, I'll start eating a bit earlier and bring more food to training.

I experienced gyno flare-ups on Sunday and Monday, so I took AI again. I plan to take AI on Wednesday and Friday this week, without fear of crashing my E2 levels. If I do crash them, I'll consider using Dbol. I suspect I aromatize more than average, which might be beneficial for my next cycle with EQ, but it's problematic if I can't control it and develop gyno.

I've decided to increase my Testosterone dosage to 400mg per week due to starting finasteride. After researching, I will start with a 0.01% concentration once daily and a 0.005% concentration. I'll use 2ml of the lower concentration and 1ml of the higher, covering more of my scalp. I don't plan to use it every day, but at least three times a week, depending on my memory.

Everything else is good. I haven't done Dips in a while, and noticing my chest in the mirror, I think the upper part needs more work. I should incorporate more incline bench press to increase volume at the top. I'll try to fit in incline dumbbell bench press, and Dips might have to be less of a priority.

Bon20

Awards
Tuesday, December 12, 2023: Week 7

Morning Regimen:

• 205g protein
  • 278g carbohydrates
  • 60g fat
  • Total: 2539 KCAL
Strength Training:

• Squats: 10 sets x 3 reps at 233.7 lbs
  • RDL (Romanian Deadlift): 5 sets x 5 reps at 242.5 lbs
  • Pendlay Row: 5 sets x 5 reps at 176.4 lbs
  • Incline Bench Press:
    • 165.3 lbs for 7 reps
    • 154.3 lbs for 8 reps (2 sets)
    • 143.3 lbs for 7 reps
  • Seated Incline Cable Pec Fly:
    • 99.2 lbs for 12 reps (2 sets)
    • 79.4 lbs for 12 reps

• 1 hour of Thai boxing
Today's Thai boxing class was somewhat uneventful. My training partner was a beginner and struggled with pad holding.

In terms of strength training and diet, my energy levels were good, although Tuesday's session isn't particularly strenuous. Towards the end, during bench press, I felt the effects of the previous day's chest and shoulder workout. Overall, though, it was a productive session. I'm still feeling a bit depleted of glycogen in my muscles after my water fast, but I'm not concerned. Maintaining 2500-2600 calories per day should replenish my glycogen stores by Thursday.

I'm cautious about losing weight too quickly and potentially losing muscle mass, especially since a single day of water fasting per week makes it easy to maintain a caloric deficit.

Interestingly, three coaches have encouraged me to take a Thai boxing match. While I don't have high ambitions at my age, I'm likely to have my first match early next year.

This defines my weight loss goal: I need to get down to 158.7 lbs. While I know it's achievable, I'm concerned about losing muscle mass along the way. In the past, I've lost muscle during cuts without testosterone but regained it within 4-6 weeks with a balanced intake.

Additionally, someone at my gym introduced me to TAD-600, and he can also source affordable GH, TB-500, and BPC-157. It's possible that I might throw a bit of TAD-600 towards the end of my cycle and a little after, for liver support. My preliminary research suggests that it's safe and beneficial for the liver. However, I haven't found much information about other benefits. I believe Tudca and NAC should suffice. But if the price is reasonable, then I might also include a bit of TAD-600

I've ordered GH and will receive the first 100iu this weekend. However, I can only get the cheap peptides at the end of January.

I'm debating whether to wait until the end of January for the peptides, especially if I'm going to fight in February, or to opt for the more expensive route and buy them now. The advantage of waiting is to clearly see what benefits the GH provides. I'm leaning towards waiting for the peptides, as this will allow me to better understand the effects of GH and subsequently what the peptides contribute.

Bon20

Awards
Wednesday, December 13, 2023: Week 7

Morning Regimen:

• 115mg Test C (0.460ml)
  • 6.25mg Aromasin
Meal Plan: The meal plan was acceptable.

• 178g protein
  • 273g carbohydrates
  • 65g fat
  • Total: 2446 KCAL
Strength Training:

• 1 hour and 30 minutes of Thai boxing
Today felt somewhat dull. I was tired and lacked motivation, so I decided to skip MMA. Normally, I'm not comfortable with skipping activities, but I believe it's important to balance long-term motivation, personal relationships, and other aspects of life. So, taking a break today felt justified.

Thai boxing wasn't very engaging either, as my training partner was a beginner and struggled with pad holding and sparring.

On a positive note, I'll receive my GH tomorrow. I plan to start using it immediately and will decide which two days of the week to skip the GH.

Bon20

Awards
Thursday, December 14, 2023: Week 7

Morning Regimen:

• 2 IU GH before bedtime

• 194g protein
  • 265g carbohydrates
  • 64g fat
  • Total: 2500 KCAL
Strength Training:

• Bench Press: 202.8 lbs, 5 sets x 5 reps
  • Back-off set bench press: 176.4 lbs, 1 set x 8 reps
  • Overhead Press: 116.8 lbs, 10 sets x 3 reps
  • Incline Bench Press:
    • 143.3 lbs for 10 reps
    • 136.7 lbs for 9 reps
    • 132.3 lbs for 11 reps
  • Incline Seated Cable Pec Fly:
    • 99.2 lbs for 12 reps
    • 99.2 lbs for 10 reps
    • 99.2 lbs for 12 reps

• 1 hour of Thai boxing
I woke up early today and headed out for an early training session. Despite feeling very tired, I managed to push through. The bench press was almost a failure, and I wasn’t fully satisfied with the quality, but I completed it and am reasonably pleased. My overhead press and incline bench were effective, though I'm not sure if it was due to fatigue or the heavy bench press. I took approximately a 4-minute break between each set off bench press.

If I fail, I plan to slightly decrease the load by about 5%, and then introducing Anavar. I've decided to start Anavar in week 9, which means my cycle will total 14 weeks. I might extend it by another 2 weeks if I haven't lost enough weight by the end of week 14.

I'm eager to see how the GH works. For now, I'm happy to just add GH and delay incorporating the peptides.

Thai boxing was somewhat dull today. I try to arrange beforehand with one of the more skilled participants to pair up for the class.

I'm considering trying to manage strength training tomorrow and then taking a complete break from training over the weekend. However, I'm a bit concerned about whether I'll be able to endure an hour of sparring if I've done both heavy deadlifts and squats training on the same day. My main worry is whether my legs will be agile enough for quick kicks during the evening sparring.

I could feel the effects of the morning's strength training in my arms this evening.

Otherwise, everything is going well.

Bon20

Awards
Friday, December 15, 2023: Week 7

Morning Regimen:

• 115mg Test C (0.460ml)
  • 6.25mg Aromasin
  • 2 IU HGH before bed
Meal Plan: The meal plan was satisfactory.

• 185g protein
  • 226g carbohydrates
  • 68g fat
  • Total: 2337 KCAL
Strength Training:

• None today
Today, I chose to take a complete break from training. I've been feeling a bit like a hamster on a wheel lately. I believe it's important to occasionally relax in order to maintain long-term motivation. It feels like I've been quite busy during this cycle. For the next few weeks, I plan to take it easy and then ramp up the intensity again.

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yeah, sometimes you definitely need a rest and a break, just to let everything reset.👍

stevezhou

Awards
I found taking a rest or de-loaded days very helpful, even go for a small vacation for 2 days will boost my strength and mood. Glad to see your cycle goes well.