Mid Range TV

kjscatch

kjscatch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Anyone got any input on mid range TV's $500-$1000. I don't game so want it for more of its streaming services and sound.

These were my choices around $800.
1. TCL 6 Series - got for $800 on Amazon. Should have had best buy price match it.
2. Samsung Q60A or Chrystal TV's.
3. Hisense UG8
4. Sony X80
5. Vizio M Series

We have fire sticks but I was gonna venture into Roku for fun with the TCL cause I don't know anyone with fire TV's. Long story short the TCL came damaged twice and I am done with Amazon for TV's.

Last edited:
GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Option 2 & 4 will last you several years.

Option 1,3,5 you will be replacing and good luck finding someone to work on it and finding parts.
agree although not fan of sony .. i love samsung i think they last you longer and are cheaper to repair then sony ofcourse

also love LG brand they have came along long ways.

BOSSMAN

BOSSMAN

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
agree although not fan of sony .. i love samsung i think they last you longer and are cheaper to repair then sony ofcourse

I have a mack daddy LG. Best tv I've owned. I would choose Samsung over Sony also

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

Option 1,3,5 you will be replacing and good luck finding someone to work on it and finding parts.
I basically agree with this. ^^^
Definitely don't go with #3!

kjscatch

kjscatch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

Which LG would you recommend?

kjscatch

kjscatch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

I have had a Vizio for the past 8 years from a Black Friday sale. Not terrible. The remote is a POS. You have to find the right angle for it to work. We have lived with it.
I basically agree with this. ^^^
Definitely don't go with #3!
Well ok then. Hisense has been rising in my search.

Samsung always has sales. My father in law bought one last black Friday. One of the Chrystals. I would upgrade to the QLED though or get the AU8000. Not sure on quality difference.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Anyone got any input on mid range TV's $500-$1000. I don't game so want it for more of its streaming services and sound.

These were my choices around $800.
1. TCL 6 Series - got for $800 on Amazon. Should have had best buy price match it.
2. Samsung Q60A or Chrystal TV's.
3. Hisense UG8
4. Sony X80
5. Vizio M Series

We have fire sticks but I was gonna venture into Roku for fun with the TCL cause I don't know anyone with fire TV's. Long story short the TCL came damaged twice and I am done with Amazon for TV's.
Check it out, bro....

AKSlater1

AKSlater1

Awards
I’ve owned 3 Vizios and all had problems. (Burned out pixels, and went black). I have a 65 Sony and 75 Sony. No problems with the 65 and the 75 inch Sony just developed 2 very small horizontal black lines on the bottom right side. Not bothersome enough to buy another tv but nonetheless it shouldn’t have these problems. It is the sony xbr75900e. I’ve had a 55 LG for about 6 years and no problems.

BOSSMAN

BOSSMAN

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Thanks for the help guys. I know I am Over thinking this.
If you are still interested in Vizio, they are having a decent sale on their direct website. Up to 500$ off on the bigger smart tvs

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Hisense U8G. It’s a premium TV. Mid range price, but premium tier TV.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Thanks for the help guys. I know I am Over thinking this.
not at all .. never hurts to get 2nd opinions

people hear "sony" and they think "the best" but i beg to differ

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
not at all .. never hurts to get 2nd opinions

people hear "sony" and they think "the best" but i beg to differ
Yeah, Sony has gone down hill on their LED line. They relying on their name to carry them. TLC and Hisense have really upped their game this year.

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
I have a Samsung and my previous tv was Samsung. Used the previous Samsung for 8 years and never any issues, still works, I still have it for back up. Just wanted a bigger one, so updated. Samsung is allways my first choice. LG would probably be my second pick. Don't know if Panasonic still offers tv's, but they used to be of high quality. I think they still manufacture screens, that other brands use on their tv's. IIRC LG uses Panasonic screens (or used to).

Last edited:
kjscatch

kjscatch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Pretty sure I am gonna go with Samsung Q60A or the AU8000.

mechka_grizli

mechka_grizli

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I would choose the TCL 6 series. Contrast and blacks cant be beat for the price. I have one, I also have a VIZIO P Series Quantum X, and a Samsung Neo Q90A.

The TCL is better than the Vizio even though the Vizio was $600 more

kjscatch

kjscatch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I would choose the TCL 6 series. Contrast and blacks cant be beat for the price. I have one, I also have a VIZIO P Series Quantum X, and a Samsung Neo Q90A.

The TCL is better than the Vizio even though the Vizio was $600 more
The more I have dived into TCL, they are delicate and that scares me. My 5 and 3 year old touch the screen frequently. Makes me so mad...lol...

So, I absolutely hate the new Samsung Remotes. So I am going with LG. We have had vehicle and stove problems and I bought a new 30 gun gun safe so I am no longer in the market for a nicer TV. Still getting one but probably only a 50 inch for the basement. Then in a few years will get upgrade my 65"

mechka_grizli

mechka_grizli

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
The more I have dived into TCL, they are delicate and that scares me. My 5 and 3 year old touch the screen frequently. Makes me so mad...lol...

So, I absolutely hate the new Samsung Remotes. So I am going with LG. We have had vehicle and stove problems and I bought a new 30 gun gun safe so I am no longer in the market for a nicer TV. Still getting one but probably only a 50 inch for the basement. Then in a few years will get upgrade my 65"
The TCL I have is a 55, the vizio and samsung are 65. I wouldnt touch LG unless its an OLED. Their standard LCD/LED tv's are built as good

kjscatch

kjscatch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So, I went with the LG Nanocell75 yesterday. I'm not sure it was worth it over the UP8000, but that's ok. I love the picture, and the sound is better than my old Vizio. I'm not sure I will ever need an OLED or a better picture. Currently, I don't like the WebOS 6.0 or the magic remote. You can't get rid of the cursor. I will give it some time before I decide if I hate it or not. I may just put in my Fire Stick Max. I was hoping not to do that and use it downstairs. Otherwise, I would have pulled the trigger on a Hisense U6G for $500 a couple of weeks ago on a best buy flash sale. I would have saved a couple hundred, but who knows how long it would have lasted.

On the plus side, my 8ish-year-old Vizio still has a solid picture downstairs where it's darker. It feels like it takes up my whole wall! I will be able to read the captions from the elliptical now and doing a Beachbody workout is going to be way different. I should have taken a before and after photo! Haha

kjscatch

kjscatch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I have Aflac Accidental Insurance to thank for the TV. I actually made money from having a root canal done in December. Crazy!

If you don't have accidental insurance, it's totally worth it!