Leaky gut

mase1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Diagnosed... reading alot about bpc-157. Thoughts? For gut help it must be used oral? Any other recommendations...gut health?
Thank you

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I just popped on for a minute today and don't have time to write out a lot of details, but I've been researching this subject on and off for the last couple of years because I would eventually like to do a product to help people with it.

@mechka_grizli suggestion is definitely an excellent start.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
So I don't have a ton of experience with this and I was just hopping on the forum to write up a brief review for PEA Relief and it honestly may be something to look into.

Some general gut info with PEA:
Randomised clinical trial: the analgesic properties of dietary supplementation with palmitoylethanolamide and polydatin in irritable bowel syndrome

All of the "stuff" PEA can help with (it does highlight leaky gut in one section):
Palmitoylethanolamide: A Natural Compound for Health Management

Overall coverage of Leaky Gut (includes Glutamine like the great recommendation above):
Leaky Gut and the Ingredients That Help Treat It: A Review

Good luck!

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Any thoughts on actual bpc-157?
I think that both Glutamine and PEA Relief (Palmitoylethanolamide) that @Resolve10 posted about have more research on them for leaky gut than BPC-157, and its a lot easier to know that you're getting what you're supposed to be getting.

I remember a few years back when some research chem brands of BPC were tested, both liquid and capsules, and I don't think there was any out of the ones tested that were what they were supposed to be without having trace amounts of other things in it, and some weren't even BPC at all. To each their own, its just highly relevant in the case of leaky gut. If you decide to pursue BPC, I would suggest going the route of a legitimate compounding pharmacy to make sure you're getting what you think you are.

max silver

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I just popped on for a minute today and don't have time to write out a lot of details, but I've been researching this subject on and off for the last couple of years because I would eventually like to do a product to help people with it.

@mechka_grizli suggestion is definitely an excellent start.
I should just go ahead and send you a direct deposit form as every new product release sounds intriguing. 😁

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I should just go ahead and send you a direct deposit form as every new product release sounds intriguing. 😁
I like helping people and that's been a big reason why I've done a lot of research on leaky gut. I had looked at supplements for someone who asked me about it, and was really ticked off at how the ones marketed towards that don't seem to use effective ingredients and definitely not effective dosages and just blatantly rip people off price wise.

It's one that we don't really have much demand for, but after things calm down from all the new releases we have planned, I would like to do and add to the Health Series for the people that need it and people that it could help. It's just one that I have to be able to have a marketing budget for to let people affected by it know that its even available, so its not one we can do right now.

But the Glutamine portion of it is significant and a very important part of it.

Also, another interesting thing is that we sometimes get asked by people if its okay to take __ amount of products of ours together if __ amount of them have AstraGin in them. The answer is always yes bc you don't have to worry about taking too much AstraGin bc its being researched anyway at higher and higher dosages - but in the case of anyone with leaky gut, the more they get daily in different things, the better it would seem to be based off the things I've read. I wouldn't go out and buy anything with it in there just bc of it, but its just another nice neat little extra benefit of us using it in a lot of things.

The digestive health product that we hope to have out in about 12 weeks should also be very good for leaky gut.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
10G of Glutamine on an empty stomach every morning. Wait an hr before eating or drinking anything else
I seccond this. I actually use 20-30gm when my stomach is real bad. 10-15g 2-3×. If you really wanna nip it you should eliminate certain foods and maybe look into the (AIP) diet or something similar

max silver

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I think that both Glutamine and PEA Relief (Palmitoylethanolamide) that @Resolve10 posted about have more research on them for leaky gut than BPC-157, and its a lot easier to know that you're getting what you're supposed to be getting.

I remember a few years back when some research chem brands of BPC were tested, both liquid and capsules, and I don't think there was any out of the ones tested that were what they were supposed to be without having trace amounts of other things in it, and some weren't even BPC at all. To each their own, its just highly relevant in the case of leaky gut. If you decide to pursue BPC, I would suggest going the route of a legitimate compounding pharmacy to make sure you're getting what you think you are.
Is it actually possible to buy verified legitimate BPC-157?

max silver

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Diagnosed... reading alot about bpc-157. Thoughts? For gut help it must be used oral? Any other recommendations...gut health?
Thank you
I too suffer from leaky gut as well which was diagnosed by a functional medicine practitioner. I was tested for food sensitivities and performed an elimination diet to verify which of the foods were actually problematic for me. My leaky gut symptoms include inflammation issues such as joint pain, skin issues which primarily includes heightened skin sensitivity which leads me prone to dermatitis from things like the stitching on my clothing, and itching of my eyes and other areas. I can largey keep my leaky gut symptoms at bay by avoiding my known food sensitivities as much as possible (things like dairy, sunflower oil, most beans/legumes, some varieties of nuts etc.). When I do indulge in these kinds of items when eating out I am able to largely mitigate the damage with a combination of butyrate and a high quality digestive enzyme. I've had pretty good success using this company's butyrate product and their digestive enzymes. My only quibble is the high cost of these items as the price seems a little over the top.

I suspect this is also directly tied into a mild bit of digestive issues I suffer from time to time. I haven't been formally diagnosed but my symptoms point towards a mild case of IBS-C. I've been able to largely eliminate this through the utilization of the aforementioned supplements and also through the avoidance of the foods which irritate my gut.

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I've read a little about the leaky gut, and a lot of people recommend a high-quality probiotic. They've actually started to get popular. I took one a while back, and it definitely helped me reduce my bloating stomach. These probiotics are also known to help with inflammation and pain as well. If you can cure gut problems, you can cure a lot of other issues your body is having.

mpaquett

mpaquett

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Yes, I ordered some from Genetic Peptides recently (US based). It's stable coated to make sure it bypasses the stomach. They sent a nice little discount code too.

mase1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Yes, I ordered some from Genetic Peptides recently (US based). It's stable coated to make sure it bypasses the stomach. They sent a nice little discount code too.
When dealing with leaky gut I assume you want oral bpc-157 as opposed to injectable?

Austin118

Awards
  • Established
I like helping people and that's been a big reason why I've done a lot of research on leaky gut. I had looked at supplements for someone who asked me about it, and was really ticked off at how the ones marketed towards that don't seem to use effective ingredients and definitely not effective dosages and just blatantly rip people off price wise.

It's one that we don't really have much demand for, but after things calm down from all the new releases we have planned, I would like to do and add to the Health Series for the people that need it and people that it could help. It's just one that I have to be able to have a marketing budget for to let people affected by it know that its even available, so its not one we can do right now.

But the Glutamine portion of it is significant and a very important part of it.

Also, another interesting thing is that we sometimes get asked by people if its okay to take __ amount of products of ours together if __ amount of them have AstraGin in them. The answer is always yes bc you don't have to worry about taking too much AstraGin bc its being researched anyway at higher and higher dosages - but in the case of anyone with leaky gut, the more they get daily in different things, the better it would seem to be based off the things I've read. I wouldn't go out and buy anything with it in there just bc of it, but its just another nice neat little extra benefit of us using it in a lot of things.

The digestive health product that we hope to have out in about 12 weeks should also be very good for leaky gut.
Excited for this! I have horrendous leaky gut due to having candida and sibo, can't seem to find a permanent fix unfortunately 😕

mpaquett

mpaquett

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I think you sort of missed the gist of my post. I was enquiring whether there is a legitimate place to buy BPC-157 that isn't from some sort of grey area research chemical website.
MAN Sports released an oral (stable enteric coated) BPC-157 product about a month ago.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
There are some practitioners that will write a prescription for it to legitimate compounding pharmacies. I can't speak for their testing, but it would be natural to assume that it is likely much more strict than research chem sites and things like that.

I've only ever seen 1 particular oral BPC-157 with test results that showed it tested out properly and they haven't made it in several years.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
A recommended probiotic?
There is a lot that goes into selecting the proper probiotic in general and especially when having leaky gut issues.

Probiotics/Prebiotics aren't the easiest things to make and be shelf stable to begin with, and some contract manufacturers won't even make them because of that reason, so I would suggest getting them from a legit brand that you're familiar with and trust. The manufacturing processes and procedures and finished product testing is extremely important with this type of product.

Specific to leaky gut, you have to be very careful what the strains come from and unfortunately, some brands don't properly list allergen information. I got sick one time trying a brand that one of the strains had gluten in it, yet the label did not identify that. Also, some strains cause a histamine response that can further irritate leaky gut.

I've gotten asked a lot why its taken us so long to do our biotic/gut health product and the answer is because there are so many factors that go into doing a truly unique and good one that people with a variety of conditions can take.

Personally, if I were you, I would go with this product for a bottle or two:

Then you could drop back to this strength:

We hope to have our product out within the next 3 months or so, but that's a guess. My priority is it being perfect and being good for a wide variety of issues.

Also, the more I see you write pertaining to your symptoms, the more I think PEA Relief would definitely be beneficial for you.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
enhanced General Chat 15
ChocolateClen Anabolics 25
Anabolics 1
Post Cycle Therapy 13
Nutrition / Health 1