Kicked While Your Down...or why Murphy's Law is True

Brodus

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Some of you may know I have gone through car trouble recently...well, when you have a car with over 180,000 miles, everything goes at once. A couple days ago, while driving over the Chicago Skyway (somewhere you DON'T want to have auto problems), my water pump decides do die, and coolant starts chugging out of my car, temps rise, etc. Through a mixture of ingenuity, luck, and $20 worth of coolant, I was able to make it home without blowing a head gasket or worse.

So now I have a broken down car full of gear in my driveway.

So, being the semi-responsible city dweller, I decide to move all of my gear up to my apartment for safety. All I left were 2 LARGE PA speakers (100 pounds each), and the cables. These aren't mine, and the owner has had two days to pick them up.

Yesterday the replacement water pump arrived at about 4pm, so I was looking forward to getting the repair lined up today.

Except I get a knock on my door from a neighbor this morning--some jackass broke into my car last night, shattered a window, stole the speakers, AND destroyed my console in the process of stealing my stereo!!!

TALK ABOUT GETTING KICKED WHILE YOU"RE DOWN!

And no, since my car had such crazy high mileage, I only had PL/PD insurance--and Chicago police STILL haven't answered my call, so I can't even file a report yet.

I guess when it rains, it pours.

Just had to share that with my A-minds bros.

Brodus

Banned
Awards
  • Established
And the 80mgs. of M5AA I'm taking does not help me deal with this! All I want to do is kick someone's ass!

I think I'm going to enroll in Ninja School and exact revenge with poisoned shurnikens and anti-gravity tabi socks.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Fuckin ay bro, sorry to hear. I've had a car breakdown on me 40 miles from home and it's a horrible feeling, the feeling where I was like "what did I do to deserve this"

EEmain

EEmain

Awards
  • Established
And why is it the a-holes do $300 or more $ damage to the dash/console:rant:
just to get $25 or $30 for a radio??

Harland

Harland

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
its funny you say blow a head gasket, because my car did that.

It was leaking oil and i had to put oil in it every couple of days. Well finally it just said im staying in first gear.

Plus the nice ass stereo that i put in it doesn't work because of the damn wiring or something.

Brodus

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Yes...sounds like we all have gym memberships and cupboards full of protein powder and designer supps, but our vehicles are falling apart!

And I agree--why ruin my console to get a 5-year old CD player worth $40 max?

cr4ytonic

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Because that is at least 4 crack rocks!