Is maltodextrin worse than table sugar?

R1187

R1187

Awards
  • Established
I read despite being a "complex" carb the GI is worse than table sugar. How can these 1,000 calorie weight gain supplements claim to be "slow digesting", is it because of the protein content mixed in?

I'm getting mild acne after using Ultimate Nutrition muscle juice. Is it the carb spike from the maltodextrin, or is it the fatty acids they mix in?

I know everyone says to make your own shake with oats and PB, but I've been feeling pretty strong taking a serving per day. Just not sure how bad teh carbs are though. I guess during a mass gain phase it doesn't matter.

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
ya malto gi is 100 and sugar is something like 65. you'd have to post the ingredient label. I'm guessing it has casien protein which is considered slow digesting.

rodefeeh

rodefeeh

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I dont know much about acne but I know I have more back/shoulder acne this time of year when Im eating more and making gains in the weight room. I attribute it to my body producing more testosterone. My libido is always more now too.

R1187

R1187

Awards
  • Established
"Time release" carb blend. What is karbo-lyn?

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I read despite being a "complex" carb the GI is worse than table sugar. How can these 1,000 calorie weight gain supplements claim to be "slow digesting", is it because of the protein content mixed in?

I'm getting mild acne after using Ultimate Nutrition muscle juice. Is it the carb spike from the maltodextrin, or is it the fatty acids they mix in?

I know everyone says to make your own shake with oats and PB, but I've been feeling pretty strong taking a serving per day. Just not sure how bad teh carbs are though. I guess during a mass gain phase it doesn't matter.
What is your definition of worse?

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
What's a worse gi? Different things have different gi that are useful or not in different situations. So you could say that sugar or dextrose might be a worse food before bed or at a time when you don't wanna spike your blood sugar. But a sweet potatoe or oatmeal would be worse intra workout and your dextrose would be much better.