Empty 2x10
+20,40,50x8

Axle Curls
Empty,+20,40x10

Squat
45 2x10

Front Foot Elevated Reverse Lunge
BW 2x12

Just a bunch of accessories tonight to keep resting my leg for Monday. It was really cool getting my reverse hypers up to 9 plates! There’s more swinging going on, but I don’t see how you could do sets of 10 without it, because any weight I can do totally strictly I can do for about a billion reps.

Squatting the barbell tonight felt really good. Just getting the shoulders loose, practicing technique/body positioning, letting myself move through full ROM.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
one thing I miss about my buddys gym is the reverse hypers.
I imagine even with some swinging you're getting incredible stimulus on a controlled descent, like cheater curls with a slow TUT style descent... but 405 x 15 😅 holy **** man.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Today is going to be a fast. See if we can’t make a dent in this dad bod!

one thing I miss about my buddys gym is the reverse hypers.
I imagine even with some swinging you're getting incredible stimulus on a controlled descent, like cheater curls with a slow TUT style descent... but 405 x 15 holy **** man.
Big thing is I try to stop the pendulum from swinging past my face - if I see it coming out the other side of the table, I know I need to slow it down & reverse trajectory sooner. I can genuinely feel the muscles contracting so I know it’s doing something.

AJ Roberts said the first powerlifting gym he went to, the owner kept 600lbs on the RH in the back. You weren’t allowed to take that off - if you weren’t strong enough to use it properly, you were expected to keep working on it, swinging it as much as you could with other people’s assistance until you were. Or get out of the club

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Low day of calories/carbs Thursday. Fasted 38 hours and weighed 226.4lbs this morning.

I’ve done 3 fasted LISS sessions on the cycle this week at 30-35 minutes each. Today I took my son to the park for half an hour & then hit this while he played in the garage:

Squat
BWx10 partial, 10 full ROM
45x10
95x8

Felt great - just want to keep getting my body down in the hole to rebuild!

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Low day of calories/carbs Thursday. Fasted 38 hours and weighed 226.4lbs this morning.

I’ve done 3 fasted LISS sessions on the cycle this week at 30-35 minutes each. Today I took my son to the park for half an hour & then hit this while he played in the garage:

Squat
BWx10 partial, 10 full ROM
45x10
95x8

Felt great - just want to keep getting my body down in the hole to rebuild!
How is the discoloring in that hammy and upper calf doing?

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Making nice progress on that leaning out. Good to hear the leg is holding up, and improving.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
2/5/23
BW 231.0

6 min walk

Rope Cable Facepulls. Ovh Tri Ext, One-arm Row Circuit
27.5 3x25/25/15

Dynamic Bench
45x10,5
135,185x3
205 9x3, various grips

Incline Bench
45,95,135,185,215,230,235,240x5

Strictpress
45x10
85,115,140x8
160x7+1

Plate Raise to Overhead
25 2x20

ss w/ DB Rear Delt Flyes
30x13,12

Put 10lbs on speed bench, 15lbs on incline, 5lbs on overhead.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Looks like a fun session!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
2/6/23

Reverse Hyper
235,270x20

KB Suitcase Carries
KB One-leg Deadlift
Hangs, over & underhand

2.75” Blockpulls, deadlift bar
+gateway 1-ply briefs
135x5,3
225,275,325,365x3
+belt
395x3

Bodyweight Squats
Foamroll ITB & Quads

Squat, squatbar, raw
55x10
105,145,165,185x5
205x10

Reverse Lunge
BW 2x15

Got pulls back up around 400, repping 200 on squats no pain - I enjoyed today. I’ll continue to progress these Thursday night.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Oh nice progress things are looking promising!

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
2/5/23
BW 231.0

6 min walk

Rope Cable Facepulls. Ovh Tri Ext, One-arm Row Circuit
27.5 3x25/25/15

Dynamic Bench
45x10,5
135,185x3
205 9x3, various grips

Incline Bench
45,95,135,185,215,230,235,240x5

Strictpress
45x10
85,115,140x8
160x7+1

Plate Raise to Overhead
25 2x20

ss w/ DB Rear Delt Flyes
30x13,12

Put 10lbs on speed bench, 15lbs on incline, 5lbs on overhead.

Moving right along! Dude that is probably my favorite As I Lay Dying album. All bangers!

I tried a new grip on plate raises to overhead last time that kit me up. I’ll snap a pic next time I do them that way.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Looks like a fun session!
I have really been loving this session the last 3-4 weeks. It’s so great to be making progress on Incline and Strictpress again after so long. This close to a meet I should really be training my speed bench on a bench closer in height to comp (the commercial fixed benches are ridiculously small) & using bands on this day, but I can’t help but think if my incline is blasting up that my comp bench is probably improving anyway.

I’m noticing my front delts are starting to pop again in clothing, so I think pushing this day and the 350mg S4 is doing work. I also have routinely had Sunday in a caloric surplus, so I should be actively building muscle from this day.

Oh nice progress things are looking promising!
Yeah I mean I am not getting my hopes up, but regardless of whether I squat/pull at the comp I want to get back in the saddle as soon as I can.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Moving right along! Dude that is probably my favorite As I Lay Dying album. All bangers!

I tried a new grip on plate raises to overhead last time that kit me up. I’ll snap a pic next time I do them that way.
That album really is, start to finish it rips. That song always fires me up.

25lb plate was light for the first set of 20, but I had 4 minutes til the gym closed so I had to do the last little movements as a giant set!

dapack

dapack

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Lifts are looking good!!! Noticed on speed work you change grip. You think on my 10x2 days I should do the same?

ANABOLICWRWLF

ANABOLICWRWLF

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
229.8lbs today. 35 min fasted cardio this morning and feeding window will be 8 hours tops.

I would say my bodyweight is right where it needs to be for comp in 40 days, but I fly out for a work conference Sunday afternoon through late Wednesday night. The big task will be to not overeat and come back 3lbs up!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
229.8lbs today. 35 min fasted cardio this morning and feeding window will be 8 hours tops.

I would say my bodyweight is right where it needs to be for comp in 40 days, but I fly out for a work conference Sunday afternoon through late Wednesday night. The big task will be to not overeat and come back 3lbs up!
I know it is easier said than done, but just keep you eye on the prize and stay the course !!

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

This! Any time I travel for work, it's definitely harder to stay on top of good choices/decisions. Plus I always like to try the local cuisine.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
2/8/23

Reverse Hyper
235 2x20

Band Pullaparts, Tri Pressdown, One-Arm
Rows
4x25/25/15

Swissbar Bench
45x8
135x5
185,225x3
275,295,315,325,335x1 15lbPR

SSB JM Press
65x12
155,205x10
255x6,5

DB Bench
60,70,80x20
90x17

DB Rolling Tri Ext
45x15
55x11,9

DB Rotators
12x20
15x15

Turns out my best Swissbar bench was only 320, both 3 weeks ago & 7 months ago weighing 253lbs. So since then I’ve dropped 10% bodyweight and gotten ~5% stronger on it. I blasted that motherf*cker!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, it is very easy to see a trip as a special occasion. You are away from your family, home and gym. So you feel like you deserve a treat to make up for what you are missing. Plus getting every meal reimbursed makes picking yummy foods that much more tempting. Normally I tend to walk enough on those trips to counter some of that though since I love to walk around in new places.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Congrats on that PR and at a much lower body weight too! WELL DONE!!!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Your strength increases are amazing !!

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
nice PR man!
since you are a fan of sodium already I bet you don't put on a lot of extra water weight travelling as long as you keep it at least somewhat reasonable. I've never been the type to pack food on a trip but maybe with comp looming it wouldn't hurt to toss at least some protein or something in to help fight cravings.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
nice PR man!
since you are a fan of sodium already I bet you don't put on a lot of extra water weight travelling as long as you keep it at least somewhat reasonable. I've never been the type to pack food on a trip but maybe with comp looming it wouldn't hurt to toss at least some protein or something in to help fight cravings.
If anything like my work, and traveling expenses, he could probably just schedule some fit meals to be delivered to him at his hotel and get reimbursed if truly worried about it.

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Definitely nice work hitting another PR at a lighter body weight…..you’re proving that losing the weight not only through diet but strategic fasting, with proper training, it is possible to not only retain strength but build some strength while dropping pounds. I’m convinced this is one of the better ways to cut and this protocol is a true recomp, building muscle while dropping body fat percentage is the best of both worlds.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Definitely nice work hitting another PR at a lighter body weight…..you’re proving that losing the weight not only through diet but strategic fasting, with proper training, it is possible to not only retain strength but build some strength while dropping pounds. I’m convinced this is one of the better ways to cut and this protocol is a true recomp, building muscle while dropping body fat percentage is the best of both worlds.
Thank you! I agree; I think all of the nutrient timing and attention to that detail has really allowed this.

And the drugs are decidedly modest. 180 test, 80 mast for oil, 2iu HGH 5x a week, & 50mg S4 per day the last 18 days. I don’t think S4 is as strong as Var even per mg, but I believe it’s crushed my SHBG, because as soon as I added it I got greasier/some acne & had to add DIM back in to control estrogen suddenly. So I think it greatly increased my free circulating test, and combined with the HGH that higher estrogen has yielded even more IGF1.

So 1 cc oil & 1 vial of GH per week, and a weaker SARM I got for free. The rest is food & work!

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
And the drugs are decidedly modest.
Yeah but I'm fascinated by your approach and application. The hamstring injury most recently is in my mind, a prime example of where intelligent application of PED's is just smart. It's not just "he used steroids and hit 62 homeruns this year", it's "he had an injury, fixed it fast and got back to work".

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yeah but I'm fascinated by your approach and application. The hamstring injury most recently is in my mind, a prime example of where intelligent application of PED's is just smart. It's not just "he used steroids and hit 62 homeruns this year", it's "he had an injury, fixed it fast and got back to work".
I attribute a good bit of my quick recovery from the shoulder / biceps surgery to my recovery cycle I did following my surgery. The BPC-157 did it's thing, and the increased collagen production from the anabolics is a huge benefit in recovering from something like that.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
BPC157 & TB500 are excellent options for anyone. Legal to purchase and possess with no hormonal impacts. Excellent amino acid sequences to apply post injury. TB500 would have been better, but I didn’t have any on hand and it’s 4x as expensive (you will kill a vial per week with that stuff), so I only keep BPC around. By the time the month is out, things are fixed up usually (for minor strains).

HGH really has strong synergy with BPC, and is terrific for healing in general. So either sourcing & injecting that (illegal without a prescription in the US) or at least using MK677 at night (legally purchased research chem).

Any dedicated lifter or athlete could afford to buy a 100ct box of 30g insulin syringes (any capacity, 0.3ml will do if you can’t get 0.5ml), a 30ct or 30ml bottle of Mk677 (10-20mg nightly), and a 5mg vial of BPC157 to store in the fridge or wrapped up in the corner of the freezer, and a vial of bacteriostatic water for reconstitution. Then you always have a month expedited recovery protocol on hand, for $90 or less. That’s not even 2 copays at an ortho that can’t help you anyway for minor stuff.

You also want estrogen higher. If you don’t use gear, popping some oral DHEA daily will quickly elevate this for most. So for $100 legally, anyone can do this reasonably. Just make sure to keep the BPC157 refrigerated once it’s reconstituted.

Collagen of all types and dietary amounts of vitamin C a couple times per day will also hit some low-hanging fruit, and don’t be in a big deficit obviously & get your sleep.

Nandrolone and Boldenone raise collagen synthesis twice as much as testosterone, at least. Primo allegedly will as well. You don’t need a lot of this stuff if you do use it, think super HRT type ranges.

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
BPC157 & TB500 are excellent options for anyone. Legal to purchase and possess with no hormonal impacts. Excellent amino acid sequences to apply post injury. TB500 would have been better, but I didn’t have any on hand and it’s 4x as expensive (you will kill a vial per week with that stuff), so I only keep BPC around. By the time the month is out, things are fixed up usually (for minor strains).

HGH really has strong synergy with BPC, and is terrific for healing in general. So either sourcing & injecting that (illegal without a prescription in the US) or at least using MK677 at night (legally purchased research chem).

Any dedicated lifter or athlete could afford to buy a 100ct box of 30g insulin syringes (any capacity, 0.3ml will do if you can’t get 0.5ml), a 30ct or 30ml bottle of Mk677 (10-20mg nightly), and a 5mg vial of BPC157 to store in the fridge or wrapped up in the corner of the freezer, and a vial of bacteriostatic water for reconstitution. Then you always have a month expedited recovery protocol on hand, for $90 or less. That’s not even 2 copays at an ortho that can’t help you anyway for minor stuff.

You also want estrogen higher. If you don’t use gear, popping some oral DHEA daily will quickly elevate this for most. So for $100 legally, anyone can do this reasonably. Just make sure to keep the BPC157 refrigerated once it’s reconstituted.

Collagen of all types and dietary amounts of vitamin C a couple times per day will also hit some low-hanging fruit, and don’t be in a big deficit obviously & get your sleep.

Nandrolone and Boldenone raise collagen synthesis twice as much as testosterone, at least. Primo allegedly will as well. You don’t need a lot of this stuff if you do use it, think super HRT type ranges.
This is all great advice …… I’ve noticed the synergy with HGH and BPC 157 as well. And in my opinion the money spent on everything you listed is smart money well spent. It’s always better to heal quicker so you can get back to crushing it in the gym.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Phil Heath just mentioned that his current/favorite stack right now is BPC-157, TB500, IGF-1, ipamorelin/tesamorelin, and 200 mg test-cyp. Now, granted he's promoting Transcend at the moment, but thought it was interesting.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Phil Heath just mentioned that his current/favorite stack right now is BPC-157, TB500, IGF-1, ipamorelin/tesamorelin, and 200 mg test-cyp. Now, granted he's promoting Transcend at the moment, but thought it was interesting.
No way he’s bothering with Ipam when he can just get actual HGH legally prescribed to directly dictate the size of the growth hormone pulse exogenously. Those are all great tools, but clinics massively overcharge on peptides to unsuspecting clients. I’m talking many times the price of quality RC facilities like MA Research - definitely spot on about him promoting Transcend!

I also just want to mention that BPC157 & TB500 should be used reactively. They promote angiogenesis and can thicken the blood used chronically, and they DO NOT prevent injury in any way. They improve the healing reaction at the site of damaged tissue.

Like a tire-patching kit to get back on the road after a flat, putting patches on a healthy tire won’t prevent a flat.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
2/9/23
BW 229.0

Reverse Hyper
180 2x25

Hanging Knee Raises
One-leg Deadlift
BW Squat

Squat, squat bar
55 2x5
+light bands
55,145,195x5
235 2x5
257,279,301x5

Deadlift, deadlift bar
135,225,291 2x3
335 3x3
357x3

Reverse Hyper
270 4x15

Standing Band Legcurl
Mini 2x50/leg

Woke up lighter yesterday than anticipated, which is a great trend. Finished off the BPC, and bumped S4 to 75mg. Did 35 min fasted cardio in the AM with the whole fat loss PED protocol I’ve been doing for those.

Squat over 300lbs for reps with ~80-90lbs of band tension at the top only 2.5 weeks post injury! Also pulled from the floor for the first time since, just speedwork - not trying to press my luck.

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
No way he’s bothering with Ipam when he can just get actual HGH legally prescribed to directly dictate the size of the growth hormone pulse exogenously. Those are all great tools, but clinics massively overcharge on peptides to unsuspecting clients. I’m talking many times the price of quality RC facilities like MA Research - definitely spot on about him promoting Transcend!

I also just want to mention that BPC157 & TB500 should be used reactively. They promote angiogenesis and can thicken the blood used chronically, and they DO NOT prevent injury in any way. They improve the healing reaction at the site of damaged tissue.

Like a tire-patching kit to get back on the road after a flat, putting patches on a healthy tire won’t prevent a flat.
That’s a good way to put it (the tire analogy).👍

Good to see those squats so soon after your injury….looks like your protocol worked perfect.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Squat over 300lbs for reps with ~80-90lbs of band tension at the top only 2.5 weeks post injury! Also pulled from the floor for the first time since, just speedwork - not trying to press my luck.
that's incredible. if you didn't have the blood pooling a person might never think you had a real injury

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
that's incredible. if you didn't have the blood pooling a person might never think you had a real injury
I’m amazed at the recovery myself, and also the bruising is really fading away quickly. I’m the type to bruise easily & take forever to dissipate, so wondering if the added cardio (3x35 min stationary bike weekly) is clearing it faster.

Just knocked out 35 min fasted LISS, on that note! Legs feel good.

Also, for anyone who hasn’t seen it, the producer of Westside Vs The World just put it on Youtube for free:

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I’m amazed at the recovery myself, and also the bruising is really fading away quickly. I’m the type to bruise easily & take forever to dissipate, so wondering if the added cardio (3x35 min stationary bike weekly) is clearing it faster.

Just knocked out 35 min fasted LISS, on that note! Legs feel good.

Also, for anyone who hasn’t seen it, the producer of Westside Vs The World just put it on Youtube for free:

ohhhh might try to download that for the flight.