Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I think this is the one I won $ @jtmass finished 2nd !!

I can't believe this was 5 years ago !!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
haha fair enough.
had a doctor consult monday for the snip and all three individuals told me "you obviously lift and are in great shape so you'll have to go really easy that first week". it cracked me up cause they asked "weight" and I thought for a second and realized I had to say 200 for the first time in like 15 years+ lol
Please take it easy, I tore my stiches out lifting, wasn't pretty !!!

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Also just to be clear my comment was that you don't have one and the ideas behind what women and media are starting to call a Dad bod is ludicrous.
we have this one mirror at home that I think actually squishes the reflection believe it or not, one at my office does too. I can tell I look squattier in it even with clothes on. there are two mirrors that I like much more but the lighting sucks 😅

Photography trick here. If you want to see in your picture what you see in the mirror then the camera must be at eye level. The way the light and shadows change how visible the contours of your body are quite a bit.
Oh I know, I went and googled dad bod afterwards to see what google would feed me and I'm like lol, half these dudes are lifting 4 x per week

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Please take it easy, I tore my stiches out lifting, wasn't pretty !!!
I guess the new process they don't use stitches really? just cauterize the vas inside the sack but the risk is that if you break through that you pool blood in the sack and get a set back of weeks to months to heal the swelling?! No thank you!!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I can't believe this was 5 years ago !!
Yep, hard to believe. Thanks for finding this. I am definitely down for everyone who has the ability to donate a supplement then once we have a tally we can assign what goes to what winners. The donators will ship to the winners directly for easier management of prizes and shipping.

What does everyone else think? If so I will create a post with what people say they are going to donate. The votes will be based on progress made not simply who looks best, so no one has to worry about the best body winning at the end.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Photography trick here. If you want to see in your picture what you see in the mirror then the camera must be at eye level. The way the light and shadows change how visible the contours of your body are quite a bit. When at eye level you see the shadows cast down from the lights and it highlights more but if you are shooting from a counter top or lower your going to look a lot smoother and less defined. So maybe try having the camera higher or have the wife a tak a few shots.

Also just to be clear my comment was that you don't have one and the ideas behind what women and media are starting to call a Dad bod is ludicrous.
I didn't know about that photo trick and always wondered why when my wife takes a picture of me my waist looks so much bigger making the shoulder to waist ratio nasty 😆

What are women and media calling dadbods now?

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I didn't know about that photo trick and always wondered why when my wife takes a picture of me my waist looks so much bigger making the shoulder to waist ratio nasty 😆

What are women and media calling dadbods now?

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
If CBum has a Dad bod it is something we should all aspire to!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I finished second? Can’t even remember how I looked..
I remember you shipped me a supplement from India, I really believe that was the beginning of our friendship!

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I’m up for it. If we don’t get enough people maybe we can use this to still do the competition and then use this to build up for another one come fall time. Get people motivated and connected in this thread and then we launch the next one. Just an idea, glad you started this mrkleen!

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Today is why I'm glad i opted to try the ADF a week before May 1st. My wife and I have a dinner with friends to discuss summer plans, and tomorrow... same thing with 2 other sets of friends. haven't seen these friends in quite some time so I really don't wan to say no (real life is important too)

conundrum then, today being my scheduled fast day. Do I eat and lift today and then just do a 24hr fast till dinner tomorrow?

well my wife says "we're just eating a X dive anyways and youre meeting us there a little late, you could always come and just not have food". Bingo! wife support engaged.

so in an attempt to maintain the ADF today will be fasted. I will play 9 holes of golf this afternoon and then meet them at the dive (actually the restuarant/bar at the golf course) and I'll order a diet coke or iced tea or something with no calories. Tomorrow wake up early, eat, lift, etc. 💪🤘

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Today is why I'm glad i opted to try the ADF a week before May 1st. My wife and I have a dinner with friends to discuss summer plans, and tomorrow... same thing with 2 other sets of friends. haven't seen these friends in quite some time so I really don't wan to say no (real life is important too)

conundrum then, today being my scheduled fast day. Do I eat and lift today and then just do a 24hr fast till dinner tomorrow?

well my wife says "we're just eating a X dive anyways and youre meeting us there a little late, you could always come and just not have food". Bingo! wife support engaged.

so in an attempt to maintain the ADF today will be fasted. I will play 9 holes of golf this afternoon and then meet them at the dive (actually the restuarant/bar at the golf course) and I'll order a diet coke or iced tea or something with no calories. Tomorrow wake up early, eat, lift, etc. 💪🤘
Good call, and just what I would expected to hear from someone who is as supportive as your wife. You don't have to miss social functions due to a fast you just have to be a strong enough person to fast in those situations if you really want to stick to it. Not saying I always choose right, but this is the right choice IMHO!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Good call, and just what I would expected to hear from someone who is as supportive as your wife. You don't have to miss social functions due to a fast you just have to be a strong enough person to fast in those situations if you really want to stick to it. Not saying I always choose right, but this is the right choice IMHO!
Agreed! What’s important is that you are there and engage. After that, you will know in your heart whether it’s important to you to actually eat or not.

2 weekends ago it was Easter with my in-laws. I broke my fast because the food was off the chain & I wanted to share that with them. Last weekend was my sister-in-laws birthday, and while the meal was good it wasn’t a family holiday or worth preventing the long fast for me. I sat right beside her for dinner and we all had a great time together despite me not eating.

Same family, same meal time, same bonding in both scenarios. The food was just the pretense to spend time together.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Agreed! What’s important is that you are there and engage. After that, you will know in your heart whether it’s important to you to actually eat or not.

2 weekends ago it was Easter with my in-laws. I broke my fast because the food was off the chain & I wanted to share that with them. Last weekend was my sister-in-laws birthday, and while the meal was good it wasn’t a family holiday or worth preventing the long fast for me. I sat right beside her for dinner and we all had a great time together despite me not eating.

Same family, same meal time, same bonding in both scenarios. The food was just the pretense to spend time together.
for sure, and my backup plan if the scenario arises is simply to do say a 60hr fast vs 36, and lift two days in a row, vs every other, to accommodate social settings.

generally speaking I've only scratched the surface of fasting and have seen the potential for incredible results so I really really want to implement it hard core, it requires incredible balance...

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
for sure, and my backup plan if the scenario arises is simply to do say a 60hr fast vs 36, and lift two days in a row, vs every other, to accommodate social settings.

generally speaking I've only scratched the surface of fasting and have seen the potential for incredible results so I really really want to implement it hard core, it requires incredible balance...
It is a balancing act, but I think you will figure it out. One thing I have noticed about you is that once you set your mind on something you tend to put your all into it.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
It is a balancing act, but I think you will figure it out. One thing I have noticed about you is that once you set your mind on something you tend to put your all into it.
ha I appreciate that!
When i was getting ready to buy a business back in 2018 my stepdaughters asked my wife "you really think he's gonna do this?" and she said "when he says he's going to do something he does, so I'm pretty sure" lol

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I took my before pick this morning, not sure any one really wants to see it.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I took my before pick this morning, not sure any one really wants to see it.
@Rocket3015 I bet you are still in better shape than I am!

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
So I managed to attend the dinner engagement last night without consuming calories.

Before that I golfed 9 with my buddy. As the nine continued my energy started increasing more and more. Idk if it's because we finally have sun or ketosis lol

This fast ended exactly 1lb lower than Tuesdays fast.

Oh yeah I skipped liss and we walked the nine holes for roughly 2 miles of cardio+

Screenshot_2023-04-28-05-59-57-86_d6adedf4d711c7601603723b834e942e.jpg

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Good stuff @Dustin07!!!

I just got the expected Whoosh effect from my fast earlier in the week. Down from a low of 208 to a low of 205.4 today and had like 254g of carbs yesterday so not a low carb day either and was after the 2nd day of full eating. I am still fasting as of right now for today but will break it this afternoon or evening. I am supposed to have a drink with someone after work we have planned this 3 times but he keeps ending up missing. So will probably be the last time I do it with him for a little bit with this going on. I have zero intentions of drinking a lot just a social thing with him.

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Good stuff @Dustin07!!!

I just got the expected Whoosh effect from my fast earlier in the week. Down from a low of 208 to a low of 205.4 today and had like 254g of carbs yesterday so not a low carb day either and was after the 2nd day of full eating. I am still fasting as of right now for today but will break it this afternoon or evening. I am supposed to have a drink with someone after work we have planned this 3 times but he keeps ending up missing. So will probably be the last time I do it with him for a little bit with this going on. I have zero intentions of drinking a lot just a social thing with him.
I’m joining you I decided to fast today as my session did not happen this morning, hoping to dip under 250!! Last meal was 6pm yesterday and I will eat tonight at 6pm.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I’m joining you I decided to fast today as my session did not happen this morning, hoping to dip under 250!! Last meal was 6pm yesterday and I will eat tonight at 6pm.
Nice you will eat at 6:00AM Tomorrow morning eh? :p

It's only a couple hours to hold out then bedtime and wake up with a 36+ hour fast.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Small sacrifice for a much larger deficit!

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Nice you will eat at 6:00AM Tomorrow morning eh? :p

It's only a couple hours to hold out then bedtime and wake up with a 36+ hour fast.
Problem is I want to hit the gym tomorrow morning since they are closed Sunday, otherwise I would give it a try!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I'm in not so much for the competition, but for the motivation and accountability!

Age 65
Current Weight 180
Height 5'5"

As most of you know I am in a pretty unique situation, my goals are to maintain a good physique and to try and come out of this in as good or better shape than I was.

I am still on TRT 100mg Test C per week.

Current Pic

04-27-23 Challenge.jpg

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I'm in not so much for the competition, but for the motivation and accountability!

Age 65
Current Weight 180
Height 5'5"

As most of you know I am in a pretty unique situation, my goals are to maintain a good physique and to try and come out of this in as good or better shape than I was.

Current Pic

View attachment 231691
You seriously look pretty solid man! I mean, you don’t look like a pro bodybuilder, but you should be proud of what you built!

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!

Age 65
Current Weight 180
Height 5'5"

Current Pic

View attachment 231691
Remember rocket, I don't remember your exact age but I know your in better shape then 99% of anyone in your age group. Most ppl over 50 don't drive to a gym, they drive a rascal to McDonald's lol

Screenshot_20230429_083735_Google.jpg

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
This is an awesome idea. Following along. Life is so hectic so don’t know I’ll join now, but maybe later if it continues. Positive vibes

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
4/29/23 - Before Pictures, Starting Weight, and goals

Morning Weight 205.2Lbs -
Another new low! Also for reference my height is somewhere between 5'7 -5'8.

Goals - Visible Abs while gaining or maintaining muscle mass intended time frame 8 weeks but up to 12. I don't need to be ripped, but want to see my top 4 abs, and have my lower chest fat and gyno recede up under my pecs so not as visible in a shirt. Unfortunately that estrogen sensitive fat is some of the last to go for me.

Approach - Hypertrophy based lifting, and various types of intermittent fasting. Typically a 36+ hour fast 1-2 times a week, 16-20 hour fasts on other rest days and then around maintenance or a surplus on training days. Also there is a decent chance I will run a pulse with MSten and SD starting in a couple weeks. Hence the possibly gain muscle!

My pictures of course don't reflect the details I can see. The light is coming from the front not really above, and the camera is low so it's not going to either. LOL Not too fat away from my upper abs showing decently now. Dent in the middle goes down through to my second set, and the line between my obliques and abs is showing well on both side, and where individual abs are is starting be noticeable from the side.

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
4/29/23 - Before Pictures, Starting Weight, and goals

Morning Weight 205.2Lbs -
Another new low! Also for reference my height is somewhere between 5'7 -5'8.

Goals - Visible Abs while gaining or maintaining muscle mass intended time frame 8 weeks but up to 12. I don't need to be ripped, but want to see my top 4 abs, and have my lower chest fat and gyno recede up under my pecs so not as visible in a shirt. Unfortunately that estrogen sensitive fat is some of the last to go for me.

Approach - Hypertrophy based lifting, and various types of intermittent fasting. Typically a 36+ hour fast 1-2 times a week, 16-20 hour fasts on other rest days and then around maintenance or a surplus on training days. Also there is a decent chance I will run a pulse with MSten and SD starting in a couple weeks. Hence the possibly gain muscle!

My pictures of course don't reflect the details I can see. The light is coming from the front not really above, and the camera is low so it's not going to either. LOL Not too fat away from my upper abs showing decently now. Dent in the middle goes down through to my second set, and the line between my obliques and abs is showing well on both side, and where individual abs are is starting be noticeable from the side.

View attachment 231695View attachment 231696View attachment 231697View attachment 231698

View attachment 231700View attachment 231699
You have made some serious progress! The abs are starting to come you can see it pretty good from the front and definitely from the side. Back is also taking shape. It will be interesting to see at what body weight they really pop at!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
You have made some serious progress! The abs are starting to come you can see it pretty good from the front and definitely from the side. Back is also taking shape. It will be interesting to see at what body weight they really pop at!
Thanks Man! I am working hard on it here for sure. I haven't really been directly training abs which is about to start. They will almost immediately improve in size and depth. They always do, so that should help a lot too!

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Thanks Man! I am working hard on it here for sure. I haven't really been directly training abs which is about to start. They will almost immediately improve in size and depth. They always do, so that should help a lot too!
I’ve never seen my abs so I have no clue what I have under me 😂

yeah it’s really impressive I was back checking the start of your log and was comparing. Definitely good work!