Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

phantom

Awards
  • Established
matt-what do you think about a combo rosemary,jojoba, and grapeseed oil? I use them in my daily shampoo for scalp health. my shampoo has emu or id add that in too

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
matt-what do you think about a combo rosemary,jojoba, and grapeseed oil? I use them in my daily shampoo for scalp health. my shampoo has emu or id add that in too
They have good antioxidant properties, and jojoba is a decent emollient.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
YOu see this black couch over in the corner? You want the job, you know what to do.
lol'd

Propecia has so many systemic side effects to make it not worth it.
Couldn't agree more. I hear horror stories about this all the time. I'd prefer to have a good head of hair and sexual health, but if I had to choose, the latter is always going to win (because I actually can pull off the shaved head well enough).

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
lol'd

Couldn't agree more. I hear horror stories about this all the time. I'd prefer to have a good head of hair and sexual health, but if I had to choose, the latter is always going to win (because I actually can pull off the shaved head well enough).
Too much propecia and you won't be pulling ANYTHING off.

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
How much propecia is to much? Several years back I used it for about a year straight..

oogaly_boogal

oogaly_boogal

Awards
  • Established
When are these logs being tossed up? My damn alopecia areata monolocularis is coming back. Dat der autoimmune baldness.

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm wit it. My hair line has resided and thinning.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Other than a couple of people I already approved, I have gotten zero pictures sent to me to pick the testers.

This will be ready next week.

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Other than a couple of people I already approved, I have gotten zero pictures sent to me to pick the testers.

This will be ready next week.
Check your email. Pics sent

oogaly_boogal

oogaly_boogal

Awards
  • Established
Oh you're still accepting applicants? Ill send ya a pic.

oogaly_boogal

oogaly_boogal

Awards
  • Established
Not sure if it qualifies, since it's not MPB, it's an autoimmune disease, but tossing my name in the hat.

This is usually just the beginning, I wish I still had photos of it when it was really bad. Bald spots about 4 inches in diameter.

jjobe6

jjobe6

Awards
  • Established
I would love to try this out.

ForumRunner_20130910_163159.png

ForumRunner_20130910_163212.png

Hope its not too late. But I wasn't sure how to attach pics in a pm.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'll be mixing these up this week.

that1dud

Awards
i know i just joined but ive been trying to find a solution to my hair problem & would love to try it out. Im 20, healthy, ive began to recede and thin in my temples & would like to give this a try & am willing to stick to it and do a complete log of everything. let me know and ill send you a pic of my head.

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Any news on this?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks to the shutdown, the last ingredient I was waiting for is stuck in customs.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Damn that sucks
It's an important one, too....this is the ONLY study you are getting for now.

Life Sci. 2012 Nov 2;91(19-20):935-43. doi: 10.1016/j.lfs.2012.09.008. Epub 2012 Sep 21.
Hair growth-promoting effect of Aconiti Ciliare Tuber extract mediated by the activation of Wnt/β-catenin signaling.
Park PJ, Moon BS, Lee SH, Kim SN, Kim AR, Kim HJ, Park WS, Choi KY, Cho EG, Lee TR.
Source

Bioscience Research Institute, AmorePacific Corporation R&D Center, 314-1, Bora-dong, Giheung-gu, Yongin 446-729, Republic of Korea.
Abstract
AIMS:

The activation of Wnt/β-catenin signaling pathway plays an important role in hair follicle morphogenesis by stimulating bulge stem cells. This study was to obtain the activator of Wnt/β-catenin signaling pathway from natural products and to determine whether this activator can induce anagen hair growth in mice.
MAIN METHODS:

To identify materials that activate Wnt/β-catenin signaling pathway, 800 natural product extracts were screened using pTOPFlash assay and neural progenitor cell (NPC) differentiation assay. A selected extract was further tested for its effects on alkaline phosphatase (ALP) activity in human immortalized dermal papilla cell (iDPC) and the proliferation in iDPC and immortalized rat vibrissa DPC (RvDP). Finally, hair growth-promoting effects were evaluated in the dorsal skin of C57BL/6 mice.
KEY FINDINGS:

Aconiti Ciliare Tuber (ACT) extract was one of the most active materials in both pTOPFlash and NPC differentiation assays. It promoted the differentiation of NPC cells even under proliferation-stimulating conditions (basic fibroblast growth factor: bFGF). It also increased ALP activity and proliferation of iDPC in dose-dependent manners, and it stimulated the induction of the anagen hair growth in C57BL/6 mice. These results suggest that ACT extract activates the Wnt/β-catenin signaling pathway by enhancing β-catenin transcription and has the potential to promote the induction of hair growth via activation of the stem cell activity of the dermal papilla cells.
SIGNIFICANCE:

This is the first report indicating benefits of ACT extract in hair loss prevention by triggering the activation of Wnt/β-catenin signaling pathway and induction of the anagen hair growth in mice.

Copyright © 2012 Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.

PMID:
[PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
^^ hopefully you will see what "stem cell activation" means for this product, especially as compared to version 1.

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Nice study and very promising. Can't wait for the release.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

CF1

Awards
I have been watching the research VERY closely since the original. The original ended up being more effective at slowing/preventing loss in most users, though quite a few reports of excellent growth.

I used the wrong TRPV1 agonist, IMO, and found a better one for the new version, as well as quite a few new angles.
A Hot New Twist to Hair Biology
Involvement of Vanilloid Receptor-1 (VR1/TRPV1) Signaling in Human Hair Growth Control

Enikő Bodó, Tamás Bíró, [...], and Ralf Paus

The vanilloid receptor-1 (VR1, or transient receptor potential vanilloid-1 receptor, TRPV1) is activated by capsaicin, the key ingredient of hot peppers. TRPV1 was originally described on sensory neurons as a central integrator of various nociceptive stimuli. However, several human skin cell populations are also now recognized to express TRPV1, but with unknown function. Exploiting the human hair follicle (HF) as a prototypic epithelial-mesenchymal interaction system, we have characterized the HF expression of TRPV1 in situ and have examined TRPV1 signaling in organ-cultured human scalp HF and outer root sheath (ORS) keratinocytes in vitro. TRPV1 immunoreactivity was confined to distinct epithelial compartments of the human HF, mainly to the ORS and hair matrix. In organ culture, TRPV1 activation by capsaicin resulted in a dose-dependent and TRPV1-specific inhibition of hair shaft elongation, suppression of proliferation, induction of apoptosis, premature HF regression (catagen), and up-regulation of intrafollicular transforming growth factor-β2. Cultured human ORS keratinocytes also expressed functional TRPV1, whose stimulation inhibited proliferation, induced apoptosis, elevated intracellular calcium concentration, up-regulated known endogenous hair growth inhibitors (interleukin-1β, transforming growth factor-β2), and down-regulated known hair growth promoters (hepatocyte growth factor, insulin-like growth factor-I, stem cell factor). These findings strongly support TRPV1 as a significant novel player in human hair growth control, underscore the physiological importance of TRPV1 in human skin beyond nociception, and identify TRPV1 as a promising, novel target for pharmacological manipulations of epithelial growth disorders.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TRPV1 antagonist, PAC-14028, can accelerate hair growth in vivo

JA Seo, I-H Bae, MY Park, K-W Lee, Y-H Park and K-M Lim Medical Beauty Research Institute, AmorePacific Corporation R&D Center, Yongin, Republic of Korea

Transient receptor potential vanilloid type 1 (TRPV1) is a cation channel activated by diverse noxious stimuli like capsaicin, low pH, or heat. TRPV1 is expressed not only in peripheral sensory nerve fibers (C and Aδ) but also in the skin epidermal cells, including hair follicle. Recently, it was revealed that TRPV1 might be associated with hair growth control. Here we aimed to investigate if the blockade of TRPV1 might affect hair growth, by employing a new TRPV1 antagonist, PAC-14028. The effect of PAC-14028 on hair growth was evaluated in vivo using an anagen induction and a catagen induction model in C57BL/6 mice. In macroscopic evaluation, PAC-14028 accelerated the onset of anagen hair cycle (14 days after treatment) compared to vehicle (27–28 days after treatment). Mice treated with 1% PAC-14028 showed significantly increased hair weight in a dose-dependent manner (101.25±16.51 and 56.81±10.58 mg for PAC-14028 1% and vehicle control, respectively). In the catagen induction model, the 1% PAC-14028-treated group showed darker skin as determined by a skin chromameter, which was comparable to 2% minoxidil. In addition, 1% PAC-14028 increased the skin thickness, confirming the delay of catagen induction. These results demonstrate that TRPV1 antagonist could be useful for hair growth based on anagen elongation and induction in vivo.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I already covered TRPV1 activation in the original formula. The problem is that you can over or under activate it.

in the new version we hit that perfect balance.

CF1

Awards
Okay, that's cool. There is the "Administration of capsaicin and isoflavone promotes hair growth by increasing insulin-like growth factor-I production in mice and in humans with alopecia" study which shows positive effects from the application of capsaicin. And unlike the RK study that study had a placebo group.

Of course, you may be using an entirely different TRPV1 agonist, so I don't want to make assumptions here. Regardless, definitely looking forward to the launch and ultimately the ingredient release. Was very impressed Aconiti Ciliare Tuber extract will be part of the formula.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You sound like you have looked into this. You're going to love the final formula.

Reactions: CF1

CF1

Awards
Hi,

Just a couple questions:

1) Is the Virile Mane Enhanced close to being ready for sale?

2) Does it have a 5 ar inhibitor?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hi,

Just a couple questions:

1) Is the Virile Mane Enhanced close to being ready for sale?

2) Does it have a 5 ar inhibitor?
Yes and yes

Reactions: CF1
abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Bump for update

gtlifter32

Awards
I know im new here so sorry but bump for updates. My hair is going way to fast at 28 and the only thing that ever worked was Virile Mane.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Give me 2 more weeks. The FDA seized my last ingredient, but I have replacement on the way.

gtlifter32

Awards
Give me 2 more weeks. The FDA seized my last ingredient, but I have replacement on the way.
I'm guessing this will make its first appearance at NutraPlanet:think:?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Exp Dermatol. 2011 Dec;20(12):1015-7. doi: 10.1111/j.1600-0625.2011.01353.x. Epub 2011 Sep 22.
Effects of topical application of EGCG on testosterone-induced hair loss in a mouse model.
Kim YY, Up No S, Kim MH, Kim HS, Kang H, Kim HO, Park YM.
Abstract

We investigated the effect of topical epigallocatechin-3-gallate (EGCG) on testosterone (T)-induced hair loss in mice. Marked hair loss was observed at the T-injected site, and topical EGCG significantly reduced the hair loss (P < 0.05). TUNEL staining showed apoptosis of follicular epithelial cells in the T-injected groups where topical EGCG was found to significantly diminish T-induced apoptosis (P < 0.05). Topical EGCG down-regulated the T-induced expression of androgen receptor but did not down-regulate 17β-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase (HSD) and three β-HSD expression. Analysis using liquid chromatography tandem mass spectrometry (LC-MS/MS) on serum and tissue samples revealed no significant difference in T and dihydrotestosterone concentrations between the T-injected and T + EGCG groups. Thus, we found that T injection in a mouse model induces hair loss by apoptosis of the hair follicles rather than through the androgen metabolic pathway and also saw that T-induced apoptosis of hair follicles was reduced by topical EGCG.

© 2011 John Wiley & Sons A/S.

PMID:

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Int J Mol Sci. 2012;13(5):6407-23. doi: 10.3390/ijms13056407. Epub 2012 May 23.
Effect of Dieckol, a Component of Ecklonia cava, on the Promotion of Hair Growth.
Kang JI, Kim SC, Kim MK, Boo HJ, Jeon YJ, Koh YS, Yoo ES, Kang SM, Kang HK.
Author information
Abstract

This study was conducted to evaluate the effect of Ecklonia cava, a marine alga native to Jeju Island in Korea, on the promotion of hair growth. When vibrissa follicles were cultured in the presence of E. cava enzymatic extract (which contains more than 35% of dieckol) for 21 days, E. cava enzymatic extract increased hair-fiber length. In addition, after topical application of the 0.5% E. cava enzymatic extract onto the back of C57BL/6 mice, anagen progression of the hair-shaft was induced. The treatment with E. cava enzymatic extract resulted in the proliferation of immortalized vibrissa dermal papilla cells (DPC). Especially, dieckol, among the isolated compounds from the E. cava enzymatic extract, showed activity that increased the proliferation of DPC. When NIH3T3 fibroblasts were treated with the E. cava enzymatic extract and the isolated compounds from the E. cava enzymatic extract, the E. cava enzymatic extract increased the proliferation of NIH3T3 fibroblasts, but the isolated compounds such as eckol, dieckol, phloroglucinol and triphlorethol-A did not affect the proliferation of NIH3T3 fibroblasts. On the other hand, the E. cava enzymatic extract and dieckol significantly inhibited 5α-reductase activity. These results suggest that dieckol from E. cava can stimulate hair growth by the proliferation of DPC and/or the inhibition of 5α-reductase activity.
KEYWORDS:

5α-reductase activity, C57BL/6 mice, Ecklonia cava, dermal papilla cells, dieckol, hair growth, vibrissa follicle

PMID:
[PubMed]
PMCID:
PMC3382810

Free PMC Article

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Big Matt, dropping science bombs.

Will definitely be using this to see what the impact is on my somewhat thinning crown.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Clin Interv Aging. 2012;7:351-61. doi: 10.2147/CIA.S34034. Epub 2012 Sep 13.
Modulating testosterone pathway: a new strategy to tackle male skin aging?
Bernard P, Scior T, Do QT.
Author information
Abstract

In men, the level of testosterone decreases with age. At the skin level, the result is observed as a decrease in density and in a lower elasticity. Identifying compounds that are able to increase the level of testosterone appears to be an attractive strategy to develop new antiaging bioactive ingredients for men. Reverse pharmacognosy was successfully applied to identify new natural compounds able to modulate testosterone levels. Among several in silico hits, honokiol was retained as a candidate as it has the greatest potential to become an active ingredient. This result was then validated in vitro on aromatase and 5-alpha-reductase type 1 and 2, which are two types of enzymes implicated in the degradation of free testosterone. Indeed, honokiol was identified as an inhibitor of aromatase, with a half-maximal inhibitory concentration (IC(50)) of about 50 μM. In addition, honokiol was shown to be an inhibitor of 5-alpha-reductase type 1, with an IC(50) of about 75 μM. Taken together, these data indicate that honokiol modulates testosterone levels, and its structure has the potential to serve as a lead for future designs of highly selective inhibitors of 5-alpha-reductase type 1.
KEYWORDS:

dermopharmacy, honokiol, man cosmetics, reverse pharmacognosy, testosterone

PMID:
PMCID:
PMC3459575

Free PMC Article

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
J Dermatol Sci. 2002 Oct;30(1):43-9.
The hair growth promoting effect of Sophora flavescens extract and its molecular regulation.
Roh SS, Kim CD, Lee MH, Hwang SL, Rang MJ, Yoon YK.
Author information
Abstract

In search of natural extracts for hair growth, we found that the extract of dried root of Sophora flavescens has outstanding hair growth promoting effect. After topical application of Sophora flavescens extract onto the back of C57BL/6 mice, the earlier conversion of telogen-to-anagen was induced. The growth of dermal papilla cells cultured in vitro, however, was not affected by Sophora flavescens extract treatment. RT-PCR analysis showed that Sophora flavescens extract induced mRNA levels of growth factors such as IGF-1 and KGF in dermal papilla cells, suggesting that the effects of Sophora flavescens extract on hair growth may be mediated through the regulation of growth factors in dermal papilla cells. In addition, the Sophora flavescens extract revealed to possess potent inhibitory effect on the type II 5alpha-reductase activity. Taken together, these results suggest that Sophora flavescens extract has hair growth promoting potential and can be used for hair growing products.

PMID:

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Phytother Res. 2013 Sep;27(9):1352-7. doi: 10.1002/ptr.4870. Epub 2012 Nov 12.
Hair growth activity of Crataegus pinnatifida on C57BL/6 mouse model.
Shin HS, Lee JM, Park SY, Yang JE, Kim JH, Yi TH.
Author information
Abstract

Crataegus pinnatifida has a long history of use in traditional oriental herbal medicine to stimulating digestion and improving blood circulation. Based on nutrition of hair, the present study was conducted to assess the effect of C. pinnatifida extract on hair growth using mouse model and its mechanisms of action. The C. pinnatifida extract containing the contents of total polyphenol of 5.88□0.82 g gallic acid/100 g extract and proanthocyanidin of 9.15□1.58 mg cyaniding chloride/100 g extract was orally administered daily at a dosage of 50 mg/kg weight to the 7-week-old C57BL/6 mice in telogen. The C. pinnatifida extract promoted hair growth by inducing anagen phase in mice in telogen, reflected by color of skin, thickness of hair shaft, and density of hair. The ratio of anagento telogen was determined by shape of hair follicles in vertically sectioned slide and increased by oral administration of C. pinnatifida extract. The number and the size of hair follicles were also enlarged, indicating anagen phase induction. The proliferation of human dermal papilla cells (hDPC) was accelerated by addition of C. pinnatifida extract, which activated the signaling of mitogen-activated protein kinases (Erk, p-38, and JNK) and Akt. Moreover, the ratio of Bcl-2/Bax as the determinant of cell fate was also raised in skin. These results suggest that the C. pinnatifida extract promotes hair growth by inducing anagen phase, which might be mediated by the activation of cellular signalings that enhance the survival of cultured hDPC and the increase of the ratio of Bcl-2 to Bax that protects cells against cell death.

Copyright © 2012 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
KEYWORDS:

Crataegus pinnatifida, hair growth, mitogen-activated protein kinases, procyanidin

PMID:
[PubMed - in process]

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Let's play "guess the ingredient"!

J Dermatol. 2006 Dec;33(12):833-41.
Dynamic changes in nerve growth factor and substance P in the murine hair cycle induced by depilation.
Zhou Z, Kawana S, Aoki E, Katayama M, Nagano M, Suzuki H.
Author information
Abstract
Increasing evidence suggests that various neurotrophins and neuropeptides play an important role in the progression of hair follicle cycling. Among them, nerve growth factor (NGF) and substance P (SP) have attracted special interest recently. However, the interaction between these factors during hair cycling has not yet been systematically studied. We therefore investigated the mutual relationships between NGF and SP and the mechanism by which the anagen stage of the hair cycle is initiated. Fluctuations in numbers of SP-positive nerve fibers and variations in amounts of SP, NGF, and another neurotrophic factor, glial cell-derived neurotrophic factor, in skin in the C57BL/6 mouse depilation-induced hair cycle model, together with the spatiotemporal expression patterns of each of these factors, were followed simultaneously by enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay and immunohistochemistry. The main finding was that a surge in NGF expression and a rapid increase in NGF content in skin is an initial event within 1 day after depilation, followed by elevation of SP content and numbers of SP-containing fibers 2 days after the increase in NGF. Our findings suggest that a rapid and abundant increase in NGF plays a key role in the induction and progression of anagen hair cycling through keratinocyte growth promotion. NGF may also induce plastic changes such as sprouting and hyperplasia in dermal nerve fibers and enhance their SP production. Elevated levels of SP in skin may additionally contribute to the progression of consecutive anagen hair cycles.

PMID:

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Carried over from version 1.

1. Br J Dermatol. 2002 Jan;146(1):41-51.
Procyanidin B-2, extracted from apples, promotes hair growth: a laboratory study.
Kamimura A, Takahashi T.

Tsukuba Research Laboratories, Kyowa Hakko Kogyo Co., 2, Miyukigaoka, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305-0841, Japan. [email protected]
Abstract
BACKGROUND:

We have previously reported that several selective protein kinase C (PKC) inhibitors, including procyanidin B-2, promote hair epithelial cell growth and stimulate anagen induction.
OBJECTIVES:

We discuss the hypothesis that the hair-growing activity of procyanidin B-2 is related to its downregulation or inhibition of translocation of PKC isozymes in hair epithelial cells.
METHODS:

We examined the effect of procyanidin B-2 on the expression of PKC isozymes in cultured murine hair epithelial cells as well as PKC isozyme localization in murine dorsal skin at different stages in the hair cycle.
RESULTS:

We observed that procyanidin B-2 reduces the expression of PKC-alpha, -betaI, -betaII and -eta in cultured murine hair epithelial cells and also inhibits the translocation of these isozymes to the particulate fraction of hair epithelial cells. Our immunohistochemical analyses demonstrated that PKC-alpha, -betaI, -betaII and -eta are specifically expressed in the outer root sheaths of both anagen and telogen hair follicles. The hair matrix at the anagen stage showed no positive staining for these PKC isozymes. Moderate to intense staining for PKC-betaI and -betaII in the epidermis and hair follicles was observed in a telogen-specific manner; however, expression of PKC-alpha and -eta during the telogen stage was not conspicuous. Gö 6976, an inhibitor of calcium-dependent (conventional) PKC, proved to promote hair epithelial cell growth.
CONCLUSIONS:

These results suggest that PKC isozymes, especially PKC-betaI and -betaII, play an important role in hair cycle progression and that the hair-growing mechanisms of procyanidin B-2 are at least partially related to its downregulation of PKC isozymes or its inhibition of translocation of PKC isozymes to the particulate fraction of hair epithelial cells.
PMID: 11841365 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

CF2

Awards
  • Established
Let's play "guess the ingredient"!

J Dermatol. 2006 Dec;33(12):833-41.
Dynamic changes in nerve growth factor and substance P in the murine hair cycle induced by depilation.
Zhou Z, Kawana S, Aoki E, Katayama M, Nagano M, Suzuki H.
Author information
Abstract
Increasing evidence suggests that various neurotrophins and neuropeptides play an important role in the progression of hair follicle cycling. Among them, nerve growth factor (NGF) and substance P (SP) have attracted special interest recently. However, the interaction between these factors during hair cycling has not yet been systematically studied. We therefore investigated the mutual relationships between NGF and SP and the mechanism by which the anagen stage of the hair cycle is initiated. Fluctuations in numbers of SP-positive nerve fibers and variations in amounts of SP, NGF, and another neurotrophic factor, glial cell-derived neurotrophic factor, in skin in the C57BL/6 mouse depilation-induced hair cycle model, together with the spatiotemporal expression patterns of each of these factors, were followed simultaneously by enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay and immunohistochemistry. The main finding was that a surge in NGF expression and a rapid increase in NGF content in skin is an initial event within 1 day after depilation, followed by elevation of SP content and numbers of SP-containing fibers 2 days after the increase in NGF. Our findings suggest that a rapid and abundant increase in NGF plays a key role in the induction and progression of anagen hair cycling through keratinocyte growth promotion. NGF may also induce plastic changes such as sprouting and hyperplasia in dermal nerve fibers and enhance their SP production. Elevated levels of SP in skin may additionally contribute to the progression of consecutive anagen hair cycles.

PMID:
I guess 4-methylcatechol, since it's in Nerve Restore.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Reactions: CF2