Donald Trump running for president

CJNator

Awards
Just because racism is on the decline, and I'd say that it is on the decline compared to where it used to be, doesn't mean that it isn't an issue. I'm not really sure why there's even an argument about this. Now, to be a bit more controversial, I'm not a big fan of affirmative action, as it is by definition a discriminatory practice, as any time you give preferential treatment to one group, you discriminate against another. Perhaps a more interesting and relevant discussion than "is racism still an issue" (it is), is "is affirmative action still necessary."
FYI I never said it wasn't a issue, I don't what they are reading but no I can't see any affirmative action helping. Government shouldn't interfere with the "free" market and individual's lives.

CJNator

Awards
Dude, within the same post you contradict yourself. This right here is why everybody is getting frustrated with trying to debate you. You start off this post saying that you "never said it wasn't a issue", but then in the very next sentence say "the issue isn't the racism." Do you really not see that you are stating both sides?
Ok I'm not wording myself correctly, racism isn't the main issue, that's why I call it a illegitimate issue.
illegitimate
: born to a father and mother who are not married
: not allowed according to rules or laws
: not reasonable or fair

I am going by the 3rd definition due it not being a reasonable issue since it's not a issue that can be dealt with unlike certain cultures and ideologies.

Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
IMG_1474942720.639613.jpg

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Ok I'm not wording myself correctly, racism isn't the main issue, that's why I call it a illegitimate issue.
illegitimate
: born to a father and mother who are not married
: not allowed according to rules or laws
: not reasonable or fair

I am going by the 3rd definition due it not being a reasonable issue since it's not a issue that can be dealt with unlike certain cultures and ideologies.
Just kill yourself already

CJNator

Awards
And when they're from the same nation?

BTW, **** like this is common in that part of Texas.
The flag is as symbolic to nationalists, those people disrespected their flag and they didn't care for it. Ive meet nationalists that probably bleed red, white, and blue; I try not to talk politics with them because they are lunatics when it comes to their country and flag. People are being divided now in days and reactionaries are coming out their houses. I know people who pretend to be into politics now yet never took any interest in the past.

Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
IMG_1474944472.435625.jpg

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I find it incredibly ironic that Hillary is saying that Trump has something to hide, possibly something terrible, because he's not releasing his tax returns, and that the American public deserves to know, but she deleted tens of thousands of emails while working for and representing the people. Surely she has nothing to hide there, right?

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
I never said it wasn't a issue and I've said that several times, certain ideologies promote racism. The issue isn't the racism but the ideology.
This is like saying heart disease is not the issue, obesity is because it is often excess body fat that triggers the cascade that promotes heart disease (not always but bear with me with this in its simplest form). However heart disease is the by product of a dysfunctional system and to treat it, you must also treat the other.

They're not mutually exclusive. Remember that not all racists have a cause to be racist, they just are. The ones with ideologies are those with principles you will not easily break, but those who just are for the sake of being racist can be broken. Who are speaking of all racists as having some kind of ideology, but not all do.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I don't get why they're making such a big deal about that. Whether he did or didn't, it would have simply been the opinion of one civilian. He wasn't in any political position to actually affect if we went to war or not.
That's also true, but it doesn't even seem that it was so cut and dry as to be able to say "Trump supported the war in Iraq," but the moderator seemed to state it pretty absolutely that Trump supported it. But you're right, I assume Trump didn't have access to all of the information high-ranking politicians did to make an informed decision, and I assume he didn't play a significant role in policy making.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That's also true, but it doesn't even seem that it was so cut and dry as to be able to say "Trump supported the war in Iraq," but the moderator seemed to state it pretty absolutely that Trump supported it. But you're right, I assume Trump didn't have access to all of the information high-ranking politicians did to make an informed decision, and I assume he didn't play a significant role in policy making.
Access to information obtainable by the high ranks such as weapons of mass destruction being in Iraq? ROFL!

CJNator

Awards
This is like saying heart disease is not the issue, obesity is because it is often excess body fat that triggers the cascade that promotes heart disease (not always but bear with me with this in its simplest form). However heart disease is the by product of a dysfunctional system and to treat it, you must also treat the other.

They're not mutually exclusive. Remember that not all racists have a cause to be racist, they just are. The ones with ideologies are those with principles you will not easily break, but those who just are for the sake of being racist can be broken. Who are speaking of all racists as having some kind of ideology, but not all do.
You're definitely right, I'm not really going in depth with my statements.

I personally think collective racism would be easier to deal with in time as certain ways of thinking die out through different generations but all that starts at home.

Individual racism would be harder due to the fact that most racist individuals won't admit to be racist since its looked down upon and it would practically be impossible to single them out. These people may be racist for certain personal reasons too which contributes to racism.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Access to information obtainable by the high ranks such as weapons of mass destruction being in Iraq? ROFL!
Haha, all I'm trying to say is that even if Trump did support the war in Iraq, it doesn't carry the same significance or weight as if a high ranking politician supported it.

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Honestly hillary is just a more subtle and smug trump. There is no difference they are the same. A few different opinions on certain policy, sure, but personality wise they are almost identical.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Honestly hillary is just a more subtle and smug trump. There is no difference they are the same. A few different opinions on certain policy, sure, but personality wise they are almost identical.
That's how I see them. They both acted like children tonight and should be embarrassed.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That's how I see them. They both acted like children tonight and should be embarrassed.
That's how you see them? No difference? You can't be cereal

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It's impossible to debate with ignorant people. You guys keep spinning your wheels in here, to no avail. It's ridiculous. What is the point?

I don't get triggered or need safe spaces. And I won't go away. I'll keep coming in here and calling people out on their ignorant bull$hit. So get used to it.
Get used to it?

What if one gets turned on by it? Do safe spaces have multiple uses? ;) ;)

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I don't think you know what fun means. It's similar to cyber but less descriptive

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Trump was babbling incoherently when asked about the first strike policy. His answer made no sense.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
trump.jpg

The irony of blasting others for "always wanting a handout" and then supporting this taker for President...

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Dont blame the person taking advantage of the system. Blame the fuking system that is allowing bullsh!t like this to happen. Close the loop holes.
****ing right I'll blame him for stealing from us and then wanting to be our president. You think a thief like him is going to want to change that? Lolz

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Oh you're right, my bad. Trump's just going with the flow
Not saying that. I fuking hate him really do! But on that one you cant blame him if he is doing it legally. Blame the system that is allowing him and thousands of other 1% to do the same

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Dont blame the person taking advantage of the system. Blame the fuking system that is allowing bullsh!t like this to happen. Close the loop holes.
While the system is still partially responsible for Brock Turner's prominence, he still took advantage of someone. See the similarity?

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Not saying that. I fuking hate him really do! But on that one you cant blame him if he is doing it legally. Blame the system that is allowing him and thousands of other 1% to do the same
I'm only blaming him for being a horrible option! I'm not blaming him for being the reason why the system is like that.

Thiefcatcher

Thiefcatcher

Awards
While the system is still partially responsible for Brock Turner's prominence, he still took advantage of someone. See the similarity?

ummm...no?

How the hell can you compare rape to exploiting a legal loophole?

Last edited:
Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
ummm...no?

How the hell can you compare rape to exploiting a legal loophole?
Someone took advantage of a system that clearly has flaws. Nobody says either the rape or the "sentence" are justified, but it was part of a larger system that needs to be rectified. Why is it ok for Trump for get away with something just because the system allows it?

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Not only does he get away with robbing from the middle class, he's smug about it.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
View attachment 140660

The irony of blasting others for "always wanting a handout" and then supporting this taker for President...
Now, what he could have done to save face and act like he's made some big personal change is say something along the lines of he exploited these loopholes and knows how they work, and since he "wants to make America great again" as President he will help close these loopholes that he used to exploit. That would probably gain him a fair bit of support.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Now, what he could have done to save face and act like he's made some big personal change is say something along the lines of he exploited these loopholes and knows how they work, and since he "wants to make America great again" as President he will help close these loopholes that he used to exploit. That would probably gain him a fair bit of support.
But he's not that type of guy. He makes money off the backs of others, stealing from their plates. Bankrupting companies, ripping people off, contractors, and the rest of America. He even smuggly admitted to wanting the market to crash back in 08. He gained off it while everyone lost. He's a huge POS with tiny, tiny hands.

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
But he's not that type of guy. He makes money off the backs of others, stealing from their plates. Bankrupting companies, ripping people off, contractors, and the rest of America. He even smuggly admitted to wanting the market to crash back in 08. He gained off it while everyone lost. He's a huge POS with tiny, tiny hands.
He filed bankruptcy on the backs of many contractors, costing a HYOOGE amount of jobs.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
He filed bankruptcy on the backs of many contractors, costing a HYOOGE amount of jobs.
Not only jobs, but many of his contractors pay for the work themselves upfront, then don't get paid by him. And people want to elect someone like this?

All of these contractors need to band together and get his legs broken.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
That's how you see them? No difference? You can't be cereal
I see no significant difference. Hillary could have taken the high road, but she didn't and I don't understand why she played it that way. She could have stood back and not played the insult game, but she fell for the bait. In fact, I saw her as being the one to strike first with personal insults. I knew he was going to be a child, but they both went right into it together and it was an embarrassing mess.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
A lil heart broken Gutterpump didn't respond to my sexual advances :(

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Oh you're right, my bad. Trump's just going with the flow
Honest question here. If you were doing your taxes and saw that you could legally pay nothing, what would you do? Would you turn it in and pay nothing or are you going to send along a check out of charity? I absolutely hate Trump, but I really don't get why being smart enough to know how a system legally works is a bad thing. To be fair, it's his accountants that are the smart ones and he's just taking credit for it. But if I was doing my taxes and saw that the math led up to zero taxes, I am paying zero taxes.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Honest question here. If you were doing your taxes and saw that you could legally pay nothing, what would you do? Would you turn it in and pay nothing or are you going to send along a check out of charity? I absolutely hate Trump, but I really don't get why being smart enough to know how a system legally works is a bad thing. To be fair, it's his accountants that are the smart ones and he's just taking credit for it. But if I was doing my taxes and saw that the math led up to zero taxes, I am paying zero taxes.
Who wouldn't?

But it's only bad if anyone but you is capable of doing it, right?

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
Like GM and Chrysler did, and the feds bailing out their union donors instead of the creditors that were actually required by bankruptcy law to get payed first.