Dat Orange- Purus Condense Log

jewgold

jewgold

Awards
  • Established
Thanks to Purus Labs and their reps for a chance to give their new flavors of Condense a go!!

Got the orange flavor to try...

I've only used one tub of Condense before and it was Island Punch, while that flavor was good as first after awhile it got, well meh tasting.
Also only had a sample of the apple one and that was pretty good.

I like the simple and straight forward profile of Condense with the disclosed amounts. I really like the nitrates for endurance as well as BA and betaine.
I more into endurance type ingredients. I'm not really for chasing the pump.

I'd like to see some more stims added to this other than just caffeine, maybe Hup A or some other nootropics.

Right now I'm just doing a regular BB split over 4-5 days.

This is crummy week to get this in as I probably won't be able to lift until the weekend....But looking forward to that session regardless with this new flavor.

jewgold

jewgold

Awards
  • Established
This stuff has a nice orange smell to it, and it mixes just fine as usual.

As for taste, its a straight up orange taste thats not too overly sweet and not too bitter. I could see why it would be a treat drinking this every morning in place of real orange juice.

Got a couple workouts in over the weekend.

Chest+Arms

Bench
225x8,8,8
Db Incline
75x8,8,8
Flyes
40x8,8,8

Curl
75x8,8,8
Db Curl
45x8,8,8

OH Tri Ext
75x8,8,8
Pushdown
65x10,10,10

Sunday

Legs

Squat
275x10,10
315x6,6,6

Front Squat
135x10
155x8
175x8,6,7

Lunges

135x10
155x8,8,8

Took 1.5 scoops of Condense both workouts, I've only use 2 scoops a few times in the past. Usually when I really need the extra caffeine.

Strength was a little off but thats probably due to taking almost a week off of lifting.

Condense brings the endurance as always, really like the nitrates for that.

Danb2285

Danb2285

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Glad you're liking it!

jewgold

jewgold

Awards
  • Established
Past few days have been terrible for lifting, just felt tired half the time as I'm not getting adequate sleep. I take some preworkout and try to hit the weights but I'm yawning halfway though.

Thursdays I was able to get a good workout in.

Chest +tris

Bench
205x8,8,8
Dips
35lbx8,8,8
Db Flyes
45x10,8,7
Oh Tri Ext
75x10,10,10
Tri pushdown
45x10
55x10
65x10,10

Had decent energy here and the pumps from the nitrates came out here.

Today

Tried to have a leg day but more of the same crap.

Just did medium weight with squats combined with half reps for get the quads burning.

This tired feeling is getting old....

Danb2285

Danb2285

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Everyone has those days man. Maybe time for a deload?

jewgold

jewgold

Awards
  • Established
I just had a deload "weekish" last week and it didn't really help. But I kind of figured out I was having crappy days....

I dropped too low in calories, in the back of mind I knew that was the reason but I went down in calories to see what kind of fat loss I'd get.
Pretty much negative ones, I stayed the same weight and less strength and it wasn't until upped them that my weight started dropping again.

So pretty much the past few days have been lackluster workouts, I just switch to high rep work. The workouts didn't last that long.
Was using 1.5 scoop of Condense and why it gave me the endurance and pumps I couldn't get my energy levels to follow.

Flash forward to today I've been feeling much better.

Starting to get back to my original strength pre drop in calories.

Chest and arms
Bench
135x10
185x2
205x2
225x1
235x5,5,5

Dips
35x5
45x6,6,6

Push ups
1 set to fail

Bi Curl
65x10
85x6,6,6

Tri OH
75x10,10,10

Pretty simple and straightforward.

Used
1.5 Condense

Danb2285

Danb2285

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Ah yeah dropping your cals too low will get ya everytime. Glad you got that figured out

jewgold

jewgold

Awards
  • Established
Ah yeah dropping your cals too low will get ya everytime. Glad you got that figured out
Yeah, its was kind of stupid of me but just wanted to see how things would go.

So it wasn't until Friday where I felt near 100%. I did some light leg workouts before that but again crappy workout at best.

Friday I had some extra motivation, that feeling of wanting to lift regardless of how I felt. Even if I had to stim myself up to death.

So I took 2 full scoop of Condense and got to it.

Chest+back +arms

Db Bench
65x8
85x6,6,6
Incline
75x8,8,6
Flyes
30x15,15
Reverse Grip DB Incline
30x12,12

BB row
135x12,12,12
Db Row
65x10x,10,10

Curl
75x8
85x8,8,8
Lying Decline Tri Ext
65x10,10,10

Had a great workout needless to say....strength was up and endurance as well. Really felt the pumps here.

Saturday

Legs

1.5 Condense

Squats
worked up to
275x8,8,8
Frt
135x15,15

Deads (felt like maxing out_
225x5
315x2
335x1
345x1
365xfail

Didn't expect to get to great of a max but felt good doing it.

Sunday
Wanted to do some shoulder and back but the combo of the past 2 days had me fatigued. Did some light work for shoulders and back.

jewgold

jewgold

Awards
  • Established
Sorry for the lack of updates, I will through this weeks update and finish off with a review.

Danb2285

Danb2285

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Any updates man?