Condense New PWO by Purus Labs Featuring Randoja

Randoja

Randoja

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yes :) hurts like a bitch at times
aww :) I need to pick myself up the next level of captain of crush gripper, I have tiny hands like the dude in that one burger king commercial. Sucks.

Airborne42

Airborne42

Legend
Awards
aww :) I need to pick myself up the next level of captain of crush gripper, I have tiny hands like the dude in that one burger king commercial. Sucks.
Haha that's bad

Randoja

Randoja

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
10-4 Cycle 2 Week 3 Bench

Bench 2x5@45--5@135--5@175--3@200--4@225+4 spotted
BBB 5x10@115
DB Lateral Raise 2x12@20--10@20
BB Curl 11@80--6@80--8@70

Great day in the gym, had a really good spotter, a physique competitor who is a cool dude. Got 8 on the money set but honestly I have no idea how much he was helping, that said I don't feel the slightest bit guilty crediting myself with 4 reps for a rep match +5lbs from last cycle. Took 2 scoops of Condense today and was so pumped I could see my front delts through my t-shirt. Overall a big confidence booster and good workout. Added 2.5lbs on my DB raises and almost got 3x12, put another 10lbs on first couple sets of curls and really got my biceps good. Can't wait to squat tomorrow!

[video=youtube;Z2bCo5m4ruQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2bCo5m4ruQ&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Danb2285

Danb2285

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
10-4 Cycle 2 Week 3 Bench

Bench 2x5@45--5@135--5@175--3@200--4@225+4 spotted
BBB 5x10@115
DB Lateral Raise 2x12@20--10@20
BB Curl 11@80--6@80--8@70

Great day in the gym, had a really good spotter, a physique competitor who is a cool dude. Got 8 on the money set but honestly I have no idea how much he was helping, that said I don't feel the slightest bit guilty crediting myself with 4 reps for a rep match +5lbs from last cycle. Took 2 scoops of Condense today and was so pumped I could see my front delts through my t-shirt. Overall a big confidence booster and good workout. Added 2.5lbs on my DB raises and almost got 3x12, put another 10lbs on first couple sets of curls and really got my biceps good. Can't wait to squat tomorrow!

YouTube Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2bCo5m4ruQ&feature=youtu.be
Hell yeah man! Pop tart PWO this time?

Randoja

Randoja

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
10-5 Cycle 2 Week 3 Squat

Squat 5@45--5@135--5@225--3@290--5@320
BBB 5x10@170
SLDL 5@135--2x5@225
Seated Calf Raise 20@90--20@180--20@270

Kind of an unfortunate set of squats today, when I unracked the bar the left side bounced off the top of the bracket that holds it and it took me a second to recover, I should have just reracked and started again. After the 5th rep I was seeing stars and a bit dizzy, I tried to compose myself for another rep or two but at that point it was over.

[video=youtube;nwn-q9g5lUU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwn-q9g5lUU&feature=youtu.be[/video]

bmftisftw

bmftisftw

Banned
Awards
10-5 Cycle 2 Week 3 Squat

Squat 5@45--5@135--5@225--3@290--5@320
BBB 5x10@170
SLDL 5@135--2x5@225
Seated Calf Raise 20@90--20@180--20@270

Kind of an unfortunate set of squats today, when I unracked the bar the left side bounced off the top of the bracket that holds it and it took me a second to recover, I should have just reracked and started again. After the 5th rep I was seeing stars and a bit dizzy, I tried to compose myself for another rep or two but at that point it was over.

[video=youtube;nwn-q9g5lUU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwn-q9g5lUU&feature=youtu.be[/video]
BADASS workout brotha!! youre movin some weight bro!

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Rando, what decides the weight increases? Your last squat sesh was at 305.

bmftisftw

bmftisftw

Banned
Awards
bmftisftw

bmftisftw

Banned
Awards
I have the book (;

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ok I understand. It just seems like the jumps are pretty big. Last one was 305 for 8 and here you are at 320.

Randoja

Randoja

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ok I understand. It just seems like the jumps are pretty big. Last one was 305 for 8 and here you are at 320.
Yeah the top sets go by percentage and they have different rep goals, week 1 is a goal of 5 reps, week 2 is 3, and week 3 is only 1. But you are supposed to go for as many as you can get. Also being that I'm still early on in the routine the progression starts low to allow for gains over time, that is why I am getting several above recommended. Later in cycles it should get tough to actually hit the prescribed reps.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So 5 reps was the target today?

Randoja

Randoja

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So 5 reps was the target today?
Just 1 rep. But I got 5. You can get more than the target, but you have to get at least the target to move to the next cycle. Yesterdays bench and today's squat have been the only 2 workouts I've done for the 3rd (1 rep topset) week, I'll do mil press and deadlift monday and tuesday, but I'll certainly get more than 1. Then a weeklong deload, and it starts over. I'll probably continue to get well over target reps for 2 more cycles.

Randoja

Randoja

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
CYCLE 3

These are my weights for next cycle. The columns are days and they go 5,5,5+ - 3,3,3+ - 5,3,1+

Core Lift
Bench Press
Set 1 155.00 170.00 180.00
Set 2 180.00 190.00 205.00
Set 3 205.00 215.00 230.00

Squat
Set 1 225.00 245.00 260.00
Set 2 260.00 280.00 295.00
Set 3 295.00 315.00 330.00

Shoulder Press
Set 1 95.00 105.00 110.00
Set 2 110.00 120.00 125.00
Set 3 125.00 135.00 140.00

Deadlift
Set 1 280.00 300.00 320.00
Set 2 320.00 345.00 365.00
Set 3 365.00 385.00 410.00

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ok now I am understanding this. When I kept seeing you do the working set with different rep ranges I was baffled. So you are getting a feel for it before you really bust into the singles?

Randoja

Randoja

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ok now I am understanding this. When I kept seeing you do the working set with different rep ranges I was baffled. So you are getting a feel for it before you really bust into the singles?
When you start the program you take your actual max and take 10% off of them. So all the percentages that are used are actually based on 90% of my 1rm. Then as cycles progress weight is added to my 1rm on assumption. 10lbs to squat and deadlift, 5 lbs to mil press and bench each month. The reason my reps vary is just because I'm better at squats then say mil press so thats why in the same week the goal for both exercise top sets will be 3 for example and I will get like 6 on mil press but then 8 on squats. It takes a few cycles for your training max to line up with your actual max and for the program to become challenging to get the target reps. If you stall on a lift and fail to hit target reps, you just take 10% off again and start that lift from cycle 1 again. I'm simply following the spreadsheet and the laid out weights. Just the fact that it's early in the routine has me topping out the reps. But essentially the goal will be to continue beating the prescribed reps. TBH I won't be happy the day that I actually only get one rep when it's prescribed, because that will mean I am about to stall out.

Randoja

Randoja

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Last cycle on 5/3/1 squat day I got 310x7, today 320x5 but I think I could have gotten more with better breathing. If you're interested in checking out 5/3/1 PM me your email and I'll send you the routine e-book and a spreadsheet that lays out the program for 13 months of progress.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Making gains...

:bigok:

bmftisftw

bmftisftw

Banned
Awards
Last cycle on 5/3/1 squat day I got 310x7, today 320x5 but I think I could have gotten more with better breathing. If you're interested in checking out 5/3/1 PM me your email and I'll send you the routine e-book and a spreadsheet that lays out the program for 13 months of progress.
So generous :) the bros should jump on that

Randoja

Randoja

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Making gains...

:bigok:
Thanks Bro!
So generous :) the bros should jump on that
It was emailed to me, just payin it forward ;) I also have 5/3/1 for powerlifting and a ton of other books on diet and stuff. I'll make a list of all of them one day so I can PM the whole index in case someone wants to do some reading.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Damn it R3!! My laptop is covered in oatmeal again.

bmftisftw

bmftisftw

Banned
Awards
Lol

Randoja

Randoja

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
10-8 Cycle 2, Week 3, OHP

Mil Press 5@45--5@95--5@110--3@125--8@135
BBB 5x10@70
BB Row 3x12@165
OH grip Lat Pull 3x12@150

Pretty good workout today added 1 rep to my top set from last cycle at the same weight. I do find it a bit strange that I have gotten 8 reps on every Mil Press top set this cycle, but oh well I'm happy with it. 1.5 Scoops of Condense PWO really hit the sweet spot for pumps today. Rows and Lat Pulls went good as well, was easy to control the weight and get every rep. I will be adding weight to those exercises next cycle.

[video=youtube;ukA2P6yoHrc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukA2P6yoHrc&feature=youtu.be[/video]

bmftisftw

bmftisftw

Banned
Awards
10-8 Cycle 2, Week 3, OHP

Mil Press 5@45--5@95--5@110--3@125--8@135
BBB 5x10@70
BB Row 3x12@165
OH grip Lat Pull 3x12@150

Pretty good workout today added 1 rep to my top set from last cycle at the same weight. I do find it a bit strange that I have gotten 8 reps on every Mil Press top set this cycle, but oh well I'm happy with it. 1.5 Scoops of Condense PWO really hit the sweet spot for pumps today. Rows and Lat Pulls went good as well, was easy to control the weight and get every rep. I will be adding weight to those exercises next cycle.

YouTube Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukA2P6yoHrc&feature=youtu.be
Solid day brotha!! You killed it!

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Found this one but can't find the one I want...

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This is a good one. I know it is standing but the technique still transfers.

Randoja

Randoja

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
10-9 Cycle 2 Week 3 Deadlift

Dl 5@45--5@135--5@225--5@315--3@355>belt+straps>1x0@400>took off the belt>1x0@400
I don't even ****ing know what was up today. Left after second fail. Kept my back straight, but didn't lift ****.
[video=youtube;j4ZyNlFo34Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4ZyNlFo34Y&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Randoja

Randoja

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
[video=youtube;i606_NfNscw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i606_NfNscw&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Airborne42

Airborne42

Legend
Awards
Lean back, look up and push the ground away with your heels.
Big breath in exhale at top. You got this

Randoja

Randoja

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Lean back, look up and push the ground away with your heels.
Big breath in exhale at top. You got this
I know I kept my back straight in all my ramp up sets, I would have filmed them had I expected this today. It's a lot harder of a lift when I'm not bending my lower back, I know that for sure.

bmftisftw

bmftisftw

Banned
Awards
Keep pushing bro. You might have to just drop weight and go from there. Leave your ego at the door

Randoja

Randoja

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Keep pushing bro. You might have to just drop weight and go from there. Leave your ego at the door
Yeah gonna wait for some advice from my 5/3/1 gurus and see if I should repeat the cycle or re-asses my max with proper form. Considering this is 55lbs less than my current 1rm and I wasn't able to do it once with my back straight, I'll definitely be adjusting something.

Airborne42

Airborne42

Legend
Awards
I know I kept my back straight in all my ramp up sets, I would have filmed them had I expected this today. It's a lot harder of a lift when I'm not bending my lower back, I know that for sure.
You will get it

bmftisftw

bmftisftw

Banned
Awards
Yeah gonna wait for some advice from my 5/3/1 gurus and see if I should repeat the cycle or re-asses my max with proper form. Considering this is 55lbs less than my current 1rm and I wasn't able to do it once with my back straight, I'll definitely be adjusting something.
The answer is most likely going to be reassess max bro.

bmftisftw

bmftisftw

Banned
Awards
If anything , you will still be killing it bro. You've got that drive I don't think it will slow you down very much!!

Randoja

Randoja

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If anything , you will still be killing it bro. You've got that drive I don't think it will slow you down very much!!
Thanks bro, I appreciate it. The most important part is keeping my form good, after last weeks deads my back hurt like a bitch, this week it's just my pride, but back feels great lol.

bmftisftw

bmftisftw

Banned
Awards
Thanks bro, I appreciate it. The most important part is keeping my form good, after last weeks deads my back hurt like a bitch, this week it's just my pride, but back feels great lol.
I had to do the exact same. I got my max to 425, then I was like I can't keep doing this to myself, so I dropped down to 225 and worked my way up to 315 over the next few weeks and I've just been going up from there. I've only gotten back up to 375 so far but being on a cut doesn't help either

Randoja

Randoja

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I had to do the exact same. I got my max to 425, then I was like I can't keep doing this to myself, so I dropped down to 225 and worked my way up to 315 over the next few weeks and I've just been going up from there. I've only gotten back up to 375 so far but being on a cut doesn't help either
Word, I'll probably be doing something similar to that. I know my form was good on my full raw set of 355x3 today, so I might not have to set back too far, my back will thank me in the long run and I'll have a lot better shot at making continuous, injury free gains. Almost got 315 double overhand today too, which would have been sick.

bmftisftw

bmftisftw

Banned
Awards
Word, I'll probably be doing something similar to that. I know my form was good on my full raw set of 355x3 today, so I might not have to set back too far, my back will thank me in the long run and I'll have a lot better shot at making continuous, injury free gains. Almost got 315 double overhand today too, which would have been sick.
Hell yeah bro we know you can do it

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm guessing you would treat this like a 5/3/1 stall point and regroup to come back better. You need to find the form groove that will keep you healthy bubba.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Also keep working on the back strength. This is one of those weakest link points. Your legs look fine as far as strength. It's not a sprint Rando!

Randoja

Randoja

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm guessing you would treat this like a 5/3/1 stall point and regroup to come back better. You need to find the form groove that will keep you healthy bubba.
Also keep working on the back strength. This is one of those weakest link points. Your legs look fine as far as strength. It's not a sprint Rando!
Thanks man, I know keeping it straight is going to be best.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Gotta spread reps first!!