Brain Candy log (adrafinil, piractam and alpha GPC)

mtinsideout

mtinsideout

Awards
  • Established
Keep the log going! Like i said, racetams take 2-3 months to fully take effects.. so you don't want to start a brand new log after noticing the effects now. By the way, i hope you bought the caffeinated version of focus xt. I tried regular focus xt, and honestly i didn't like it. With the caffeine i think it would've made a huge difference. You know you can also even replace the adrafinil with Sulbatumine.. that mixed with caffeine is a very mild adderall feel. You wouldn't be disappointed.
Clear your inbox when you get a chance.

mtinsideout

mtinsideout

Awards
  • Established
So I didn't get a chance to try splitting the dose of piracetam like I had hoped this past weekend. Had a lot going on with halloween parties and trying to get in my workouts. So far I'm liking the piracetam in the pre workout, it seems to really help with my focus. My focus XT also came in over the weekend and tried it on Sunday. So I put in agmatine, BA, CM, LCLT, creatine mono, piracetam, a-gpc and the cup of triple brewed green tea (I left out the yohimbine for now). The workout was great but the taste of the cotton candy flavor is not that good, it is a bit sweet for my liking. Once I drank it down to about a 1/4 of what I had I added water to it again and it actually started to taste good at that point. Had an awesome workout with it, felt very focused and like i could keep going for a while. This morning at work I took about 3/4 of a scoop of the FXT to start my morning, I'll report back on if it is good for a typical work day.

mtinsideout

mtinsideout

Awards
  • Established
I just remembered I skipped out on my piracetam last night, shouldn't be a big deal though just have to take it tonight. I'm going to have to skip the piracetam a few days while i'm vacation, I'm leaving in like 2 weeks. I could bring it with me but I'm not sure what I would put it in since its powder lol... Focus XT seems to be working out pretty well for work actually, I'm taking a half scoop in the AM and half scoop after lunch. The only problem is the cotton candy flavor is very sweet to the point where it really isn't enjoyable. I took 150mg adrafinil this morning because I had an early morning meeting, it does play well with the FXT. I plan on using the adrafinil no more than once a week from here on out unless I have a really bad day or something serious at work.

alwaysfirst

Banned
Awards
Can you take Piracetam late? I have to take it early in the day otherwise I can't sleep, specially if I take it with caffeine.

mtinsideout

mtinsideout

Awards
  • Established
Can you take Piracetam late? I have to take it early in the day otherwise I can't sleep, specially if I take it with caffeine.
Initially the piracetam was making me drowsy so it only made sense for me to take it at night. Since I've been mixing it with my pre workout (which has some caffeine) this hasn't been an issue.

alwaysfirst

Banned
Awards
Initially the piracetam was making me drowsy so it only made sense for me to take it at night. Since I've been mixing it with my pre workout (which has some caffeine) this hasn't been an issue.
Wow, drowsy?! I'm not sure it's supposed to do that..?

Griz15

Awards
Wow, drowsy?! I'm not sure it's supposed to do that..?
Agreed with the above post. It's meant for focus and memory, not energy. Like sitting down and studying or reading a book it's great. On its own without caffeine or anything to help you with energy, it can cause you to be pretty lethargic. That's why it's perfect to be stacked with.

mtinsideout

mtinsideout

Awards
  • Established
At the moment nothing new to report. Things are going good using the FXT piracetam and a-gpc, last night I used that combo with some BA, agmatine, CM, LCLT and 25mg of DMAA (I was tired last night and needed a little boost) needless to say this did the trick and I had a great workout. I ran low on time at the gym so I had to be quicker than usual but at least I got it in. After I got home I wouldn't have had a problem sleeping but i happen to catch Ancient Aliens so I stayed up to watch it for a bit, love that show lol... Also Griz15 clear your inbox when you get a chance.

mtinsideout

mtinsideout

Awards
  • Established
Nothing much to report... I almost forgot to take the piracetam again last night but I got it in just before going to bed. This morning I feel really tired, not sure it is because of taking the piracetam before bed or maybe it is the slight cold I have getting worse. Either way I'll probably still hit the gym tonight to do the close grip bench press and/or some light cardio. All depends on how I feel. I may take a clariton D to try keep my day going without the fatigue, I'd take the adrafinil but the clariton may help relieve a bit of my sinus issues as well and I don't think mixing the 2 is a wise choice.

Griz15

Awards
Nothing much to report... I almost forgot to take the piracetam again last night but I got it in just before going to bed. This morning I feel really tired, not sure it is because of taking the piracetam before bed or maybe it is the slight cold I have getting worse. Either way I'll probably still hit the gym tonight to do the close grip bench press and/or some light cardio. All depends on how I feel. I may take a clariton D to try keep my day going without the fatigue, I'd take the adrafinil but the clariton may help relieve a bit of my sinus issues as well and I don't think mixing the 2 is a wise choice.

I cleared my inbox for you.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
LOL, if I were just a little more immature the comments are stacking in my brain.

mtinsideout

mtinsideout

Awards
  • Established
Nothing new to report, things are still rocking and rolling. I got a good workout in last night even though I was tired as hell before hitting the gym. Woke up this morning tired again, not sure if the piracetam is starting to work differently now or what. I'm goign to have to try taking it in the AM to see how it goes. I may resort to some adrafinil this morning since I got some stuff at work to do and I really need to be alert and focused today.

mtinsideout

mtinsideout

Awards
  • Established
mtinsideout

mtinsideout

Awards
  • Established
So today is a big day, I'm going to try the piracetam at work and see how it goes. I haven't noticed the tired feeling taking it at night lately so I figure I'll try taking it after lunch and see how it goes.

Griz15

Awards
So today is a big day, I'm going to try the piracetam at work and see how it goes. I haven't noticed the tired feeling taking it at night lately so I figure I'll try taking it after lunch and see how it goes.
Could you post a picture of 150mg of Adrafinil for me? I lost my scale, and i just bought some. I've been taking somewhere between 200-300mg of it i believe (a quarter of a capsule), and i haven't noticed any positive effects honestly. Maybe i'm taking too much or i have a high tolerance to stimulants from my adderall days. I just feel lethargic when i take the adrafinil, but i noticed it makes me want to do more things, like hit the gym immediately or go play some basketball... besides for the fact i feel 10x more tired while working out on it.

mtinsideout

mtinsideout

Awards
  • Established
Could you post a picture of 150mg of Adrafinil for me? I lost my scale, and i just bought some. I've been taking somewhere between 200-300mg of it i believe (a quarter of a capsule), and i haven't noticed any positive effects honestly. Maybe i'm taking too much or i have a high tolerance to stimulants from my adderall days. I just feel lethargic when i take the adrafinil, but i noticed it makes me want to do more things, like hit the gym immediately or go play some basketball... besides for the fact i feel 10x more tired while working out on it.
Yea I'll take a picture and make sure I have something else so you can scale the size from the pic. A lot of people report using higher doses of adrafinil anywhere between 600-1200mg's a day (in multiple doses spaced a few hours apart)... I feel the 150mg and it doesn't give me a jittery or over stimmed feeling so I can still take my cup of coffee or even pre workout with it.

alwaysfirst

Banned
Awards
Keep up the good work, you're doing great with all the updates!

I noticed I don't get to much out of Pira without Caffein...

Griz15

Awards
Thanks. Yeah maybe ill just try using more. Out of all the nootropics ive used, i have never used adrafinil. I haven't been on noots for about 6 months now actually.. i just got myself some pramiracetam and adrafinil. One i haven't tried, and the other, pramiracetam, i had last time actually worked and i lost it on vacation.. lol. Bit of a bummer since i only took it for a week.

mtinsideout

mtinsideout

Awards
  • Established
image-3186276278.jpg

This photo shows one level scoop of adrafinil at 40mg

mtinsideout

mtinsideout

Awards
  • Established
Thanks. Yeah maybe ill just try using more. Out of all the nootropics ive used, i have never used adrafinil. I haven't been on noots for about 6 months now actually.. i just got myself some pramiracetam and adrafinil. One i haven't tried, and the other, pramiracetam, i had last time actually worked and i lost it on vacation.. lol. Bit of a bummer since i only took it for a week.
Just an FYI, adrafinil is something to use on an "as needed" basis. Long term it isn't good for the liver similar to most headache medicines. It is something more to use when you know you are about to have a long day or are tired. I've used about 100mg once pre workout and I'd have to say combined with a decent pre workout formula and this stuff really works wonders in the gym.

mtinsideout

mtinsideout

Awards
  • Established
So I finally took the full dose of piracetam after lunch at work yesterday and I think it went very well. No drowsy feeling or anything and I think it may have helped me focus a bit. I do know that I have got a lot done between yesterday and today, hopefully I can push through this week and then I'll be on my vacation. Probably won't update much next week but when i get back I'll be sure to check in. Workouts are still going good, I got home late from work last night but still managed to get my workout in though I admit I was really tired when I got to the gym. Most likely the daylight savings time getting to me a bit making me feel tired since it is getting darker earlier in the day.

mtinsideout

mtinsideout

Awards
  • Established
So far the piracetam, FXT and alpha GPC stack is going very well. Yesterday, today and tomorrow I'll be using 200-300mg of adrafinil in the morning to help push through the work load I have to finish before going on vacation next week. Unfortunately I will likely have to stop taking everything for the 5 days that I'm gone but I'll be right back on it when I get back. Hopefully the drowsiness from the piracetam won't come back as result of taking time off of it...

mtinsideout

mtinsideout

Awards
  • Established
Sorry for the lack of update I've been super busy at work this past week. Everything is still going good been very focused and getting a lot done considering the circumstances at work right now. I feel as if the FXT, adrafinil, piracetam and a-gpc combo has really helped me jump some serious hurtles this week. Normally I'd stumble a bit with this workload but instead I feel more like "just do it already" mentality.

mtinsideout

mtinsideout

Awards
  • Established
Finally back from vacation and managed to hit the the gym yesterday with FXT, piracetam and a-gpc. I had a great workout and started up a new routine consisting of 3 full body workouts per week, 3 days for cardio/HIIT and 1 day off. We'll see how that plays out but it should help shed some fat gained from the vacation. I placed an order for more adrafinil and some sulbutiamine, I'll follow up with how that works out.

Zurg

Awards
Thanks for keeping us up to date

Thank-you for the reps btw. When I can figure out how to rep back I will. It's good to see the log is still going strong.

mtinsideout

mtinsideout

Awards
  • Established
Thank-you for the reps btw. When I can figure out how to rep back I will. It's good to see the log is still going strong.
No prob thanks for checking out the log. Still waiting on my order so I should have an update after the weekend. Hoping sulbutiamine is as good as people say it is :)

Griz15

Awards
No prob thanks for checking out the log. Still waiting on my order so I should have an update after the weekend. Hoping sulbutiamine is as good as people say it is :)
I personally love it. I take it with my Prami so i don't get tired. It gives me so much energy for about 7 hours. I take around 800mg of it a day. If you think any of the noots you have now taste bad, wait until you try sulbutiamine without it capsuled... I tried it once in a glass of OJ and after i swallowed the first sip it came right back up lol. Im not sure if this is just my body or not, but i noticed adrafinil and sulb do not mix too well. I take adrafinil once a week now, if that, usually i don't even need it because i already get enough energy from my other noots. But whenever i take adrafinil when im on sulb i get EXTREMELY tired, like a caffeine crash or something. It's probably just too much, so i dont really take the adrafinil anymore. Have you had any alcohol while on this stack of yours? I noticed that every time i try to drink, i get drunk extremely fast, or sick to my stomach. This only occurs with liquor. I had a few beers the other night with some people, was completely fine.. had a glass of vodka (usually one glass just gives me a nice buzz) but i ended up blacking out and the next day i was badly hungover. Was one of the weirdest things. All i take is Sulb,Pramiracetam, and a capsuled supplement containing agpc,caffeine,alcar,vinpocetine,and some B vitamins. Not sure which would enhance the effects of liquor(Maybe the Prami). Ohh one last thing i forgot to note. Sulbutiamine gives me a HUGE appetite. I prefer it, since i'm bulking right now anyways, but just make sure to stay away from the junk food because you will want it badly lol.

mtinsideout

mtinsideout

Awards
  • Established
Man you are right about sulbutiamine being pretty nasty... Usually coffee will hide tastes pretty well but I still had a tough time getting sulbutiamine down. I took about 100mg Friday night just to make sure I didn't have any allergy to it and Saturday I tried 500mg which didn't seem to do much. I tried 1g yesterday and still didn't feel much of anything from it. Also yes I noticed since starting the noots my alcohol tolerance has gone down, after just a beer I start to feel like i drank 3... Strange feeling since I can usually hold my liquor pretty well but hey that just makes it cheaper to go and have a good time lol. I always crave junk food so I can't imagine sulb affecting me in that way. I'm curious as to how other people dose sulb and what they take with it to get the alert and awake feeling many report. I took it with a shake that had MCT oil in it so I would think I had the fat soluble aspect covered. Other than that nothing new to report, the next few days at work I'll be busy so I have the the adrafinil and FXT ready to go.

Griz15

Awards
Man you are right about sulbutiamine being pretty nasty... Usually coffee will hide tastes pretty well but I still had a tough time getting sulbutiamine down. I took about 100mg Friday night just to make sure I didn't have any allergy to it and Saturday I tried 500mg which didn't seem to do much. I tried 1g yesterday and still didn't feel much of anything from it. Also yes I noticed since starting the noots my alcohol tolerance has gone down, after just a beer I start to feel like i drank 3... Strange feeling since I can usually hold my liquor pretty well but hey that just makes it cheaper to go and have a good time lol. I always crave junk food so I can't imagine sulb affecting me in that way. I'm curious as to how other people dose sulb and what they take with it to get the alert and awake feeling many report. I took it with a shake that had MCT oil in it so I would think I had the fat soluble aspect covered. Other than that nothing new to report, the next few days at work I'll be busy so I have the the adrafinil and FXT ready to go.
Alright i was making sure it wasn't just me who has had a lower alcohol tolerance lol. I figured you would comment on the taste first. But Sulb only effects your D1 receptors (dopamine) giving you a better mood (good for an antidepressant on a stack) and it does act as a mild stimulant in some cases. Sulb stacks really well with racetams, so taking it when you take your piracetam would work. I take my sulb when i take pramiracetam. But there isn't a waiting period for sulb to kick into your body, a lot of people use it "when needed".. so you could just be one of those who don't notice the effects. I'd try it a few more times, play with the dosages (dont go over 1g, 400-1000mg is the recommended dose).. If you don't notice anything at all, then id say trash it. But before thinking about doing so, just play around with it, take it at different times when you take other noots (try it when you take the adrafinil / FXT).. stuff like that.

mtinsideout

mtinsideout

Awards
  • Established
Alright i was making sure it wasn't just me who has had a lower alcohol tolerance lol. I figured you would comment on the taste first. But Sulb only effects your D1 receptors (dopamine) giving you a better mood (good for an antidepressant on a stack) and it does act as a mild stimulant in some cases. Sulb stacks really well with racetams, so taking it when you take your piracetam would work. I take my sulb when i take pramiracetam. But there isn't a waiting period for sulb to kick into your body, a lot of people use it "when needed".. so you could just be one of those who don't notice the effects. I'd try it a few more times, play with the dosages (dont go over 1g, 400-1000mg is the recommended dose).. If you don't notice anything at all, then id say trash it. But before thinking about doing so, just play around with it, take it at different times when you take other noots (try it when you take the adrafinil / FXT).. stuff like that.
I have a few days off coming up so I will play around with the dosage and the timing. I'm thinking I may try it in the bullet proof coffee mixture first thing in the AM.

cdiblasi

cdiblasi

Awards
  • Established
I never noticed anything from Sulb either.

mtinsideout

mtinsideout

Awards
  • Established
Well after trying it a few times over the weekend I can say sulb goes well with the bullet proof coffee mixture. That is probably the only time I felt a difference in mood as I felt like I could take on anything from a tough gym day or an exam (but this could've been just from the coffee). Outside of that mixture though I can't say I really felt the sulb at all. I'll use up what I got pre workout with a cup of the coffee and see how it goes for a bit. I tried dosing between 500mg-1000mg but didn't notice a difference at the varying dosages so I'll probably stick at around 800mg like most people recommend. Also I did try using it the one day with the adrafinil but didn't notice anything other than the adrafinil kick in.