bigdavid gettin' STRONGER sleepin' LONGER with HGH-PRO - 3 month log (Sponsored)

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
Nice review man! Looks good so far. I miss not having it for sure. I take melatonin and GABA before bed with the ageforce patch and like it better than straight melatonin so far.
yeah GABA is really interesting it is not supposed to cross the BBB (at least not that much) but for some reason I always feel more relaxation when I take it...

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
solid bis and ab workout today.

BB curls
45 x 10
65 x 6
95 x 8
115 x 6

DB curls sitting
40s x 12, 12, 12

Reverse grip cable curls
30 x 15
35 x 15
35 x 15

Hammer curls
50s x 10, 10, 10

nergy

Awards
Hey bigD,

I've got the same issues as you, cant fall asleep and very poor quality of sleep (and I'm only 20)
I've been told to try this complexe : hawthorn - passiflora - hop powder.

It should help me to fall asleep and get a much better sleep.

I'll keep you update, I should receive it this week.

By the way, if your neurotransmitters are f**ked up (dopamine and GABA) which might the case because you can't sleep, you should avoid stimulant (caffeine guarana...) while it's going back to normal.

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
Hey bigD,

I've got the same issues as you, cant fall asleep and very poor quality of sleep (and I'm only 20)
I've been told to try this complexe : hawthorn - passiflora - hop powder.

It should help me to fall asleep and get a much better sleep.

I'll keep you update, I should receive it this week.

By the way, if your neurotransmitters are f**ked up (dopamine and GABA) which might the case because you can't sleep, you should avoid stimulant (caffeine guarana...) while it's going back to normal.
yeah I generally go pretty light on the stims compared to most people. I still use some for preworkout to ensure I maximize my workout but it ends up being only 1/2 a scoop of a preworkout powder where most people do 2 or more scoops.

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
Forgot to take my HGHPRO last night..the result?! BAD SLEEP. Sometimes it takes a day or two off a supplement to let you realize how much it really helps...

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
For the past two nights I have taken 10 oz of milk and a scoop of ON casein chocolate peanut butter protein an hour before I plan to sleep. 10 mins prior to sleep take the HGHPro. I like this combo so far keeps me full till I can fall asleep I hate going to sleep feeling hungry!

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
For the past two nights I have taken 10 oz of milk and a scoop of ON casein chocolate peanut butter protein an hour before I plan to sleep. 10 mins prior to sleep take the HGHPro. I like this combo so far keeps me full till I can fall asleep I hate going to sleep feeling hungry!
Same here.

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
Solid arm workout today. 9 sets biceps 12 sets triceps. I am trying to start doing more sets for triceps because my biceps are too big compared to my triceps... the tricep is supposed to be 2/3 of your arm but that is not the case for my more like 1/2 and 1/2 lol. Hopefully this change of set ranges will help to bring up the triceps a little bit. Time to take some must needed rest this weekend after working out for the past 6 days straight! I am tired looking forward to some hghpro sleep tonight ;)

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
Short workout today. Because it is a holiday my university has only the bad gyms open (the gym I had to go to only had 50 lb DB's max!!!!! arghh) and the hours were funky.. Gonna be hitting it extra hard all week to make up for today though!!

Incline BB benc
95 x 8
135 x 5
185 x 5
205 x 5
205 x 5
205 x 5
215 x 5
215 x 5

Chest machine press
150 x 10
190 x 10

And that was it...yeah short lol. Feelin rested from hghpro!! gota get up early tomorrow for class I hate AM classes but gota do what you gota do!

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Short workout today. Because it is a holiday my university has only the bad gyms open (the gym I had to go to only had 50 lb DB's max!!!!! arghh) and the hours were funky.. Gonna be hitting it extra hard all week to make up for today though!!

Incline BB benc
95 x 8
135 x 5
185 x 5
205 x 5
205 x 5
205 x 5
215 x 5
215 x 5

Chest machine press
150 x 10
190 x 10

And that was it...yeah short lol. Feelin rested from hghpro!! gota get up early tomorrow for class I hate AM classes but gota do what you gota do!
Yeah Mr.Dr oh and BTW ur missing out on my t shirt promo :)

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Budman7811

Budman7811

Awards
Your still going strong I see. I like the whole casin Idea. i would think it would help out with recovery and growth.

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
Yeah Mr.Dr oh and BTW ur missing out on my t shirt promo :)
lol not yet got about 4.5 years left :p. I saw that promo but I doubt I would win anything I am never on AM enough to beat the clock and do your task! I dont have a smart phone :(

Your still going strong I see. I like the whole casin Idea. i would think it would help out with recovery and growth.
Yeah I like it honestly just because it makes me feel full and good at night time.. when I feel hungry trying to sleep I toss and turn...no fun!

Am classes are the worst lol
Yes they are. My university really has me by the balls because it is my last semester before I graduate and if I dont take certain classes I cant graduate... and of course the ones I need are early in the morning lol :(

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
Had a good leg workout yeserday!

Squats
bar x 8
135 x 8
185 x 3
225 x 3
275 x 3 (4 sets)
285 x 3
295 x 3 (2 sets)

Leg press
3 plates/side x 10
4 plates/side x 10 (4 sets)

Leg extensions
170 x 8
220 x 8
I was going to do a third set but felt a huge sharp jab of pain in my left rib cage...I think I just had a really bad muscle cramp the area was tight for a few hours didn't want to push it..

Finished it off with 6 sets of calve raises.

Did a shoulder workout today! Did standing BB shoulder press instead of seated BB shoulder press.. anyone have a preference? I prefer seated but standing seems to be a good change for a full body feel since you have stabilize your back and legs so you dont tip over...

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Squats
bar x 8
135 x 8
185 x 3
225 x 3
275 x 3 (4 sets)
285 x 3
295 x 3 (2 sets)

Leg press
3 plates/side x 10

Leg extensions
170 x 8
220 x 8
I was going to do a third set but felt a huge sharp jab of pain in my left rib cage...I think I just had a really bad muscle cramp the area was tight for a few hours didn't want to push it..

Did a shoulder workout today! Did standing BB shoulder press instead of seated BB shoulder press.. anyone have a preference? I prefer seated but standing seems to be a good change for a full body feel since you have stabilize your back and legs so you dont tip over...
I do mine standing, but its only because I don't have a chair lol.
I actually like standing for full body, but my shoulders don't get taxed as much as those hammer machines.

Good squats man. Great workout in the books!

Budman7811

Budman7811

Awards
I felt good after using the HGHPro 2 and 2... two at night and 2 about an hour pre. I think it might have helped. I will be experimenting this week end. John was posting that it could help with recovery... the latic acid issue

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards

Squats
bar x 8
135 x 8
185 x 3
225 x 3
275 x 3 (4 sets)
285 x 3
295 x 3 (2 sets)

Leg press
3 plates/side x 10

Leg extensions
170 x 8
220 x 8

I've been getting muscle cramps like crazy and my shoulder have hurt since I have been a kid.

p5sky

p5sky

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I felt good after using the HGHPro 2 and 2... two at night and 2 about an hour pre. I think it might have helped. I will be experimenting this week end. John was posting that it could help with recovery... the latic acid issue
def interested in this protocol. It would be interesting to log both protocols for comparison in effects.

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
I do mine standing, but its only because I don't have a chair lol.
I actually like standing for full body, but my shoulders don't get taxed as much as those hammer machines.

Good squats man. Great workout in the books!
Thank you sir! I just hate doing standing shoulder press after leg day! My lower back and legs are like f#$% you!!

This sounds really interesting to me...let me know how it goes if you use this protocol.

I've been getting muscle cramps like crazy and my shoulder have hurt since I have been a kid.
Where do you get the cramps?

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
Drank for the first time in a few weeks last night so felt pretty crappy today. The body is not happy lol. I feel better now though ready to kill some back tomorrow! :)

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Thank you sir! I just hate doing standing shoulder press after leg day! My lower back and legs are like f#$% you!!

This sounds really interesting to me...let me know how it goes if you use this protocol.

Where do you get the cramps?
Whole shoulder aches...
Back cramps a bit too

Budman7811

Budman7811

Awards
Seems to me that it works out pretty good... so far not too sore waking up only thing I woke up a few times last night...where as I haven't been like that before. May have been a fluke but I will see tonight. nights beforeI work out 2caps upon waking 2caps hour before working out. night before off days 4caps at night none the next morning. I may think of doing 3and3 on nightbefore working out and the following morning. I just dont want to waste the product!

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Drank for the first time in a few weeks last night so felt pretty crappy today. The body is not happy lol. I feel better now though ready to kill some back tomorrow! :)
I'm down for some back updates!

My gym just updated its equipment, so I had an impromptu back workout. It was nice though, I had a lot more options and I feel like this last routine was a little more comprehensive.

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
Ive been reading about slowing down rep speed for growth so I gave it a try today for a volume back workout! Focused on 3 seconds going up and 1 second contraction for all my sets... Feel PUMPED.

I left my ego at the door for this one and lowered the weight since I knew this slow tempo was going to be killer.

Pulldowns
120 x 10
170 x 9
160 x 9
160 x 9
150 x 9

Inner grip cable rows
120 x 10
120 x 10
120 x 10
120 x 10

Hammer grip pulldowns
140 x 10
140 x 10
140 x 10
140 x 10

Hammer strength row machine (one arm at a time)
2 plates/arm x 8, x 8, x 8

Weighted situps on an incline
+30 lbs x 10, x 12, x 10

Felt a huge pump after finishing this workout and I feel like I have just discovered a good way to get some more growth out of my workouts. This time under tension principle seems to be legit.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
TUT is great! I do most of my lifts like this. I explode on the way up but always make sure i'm getting some mean work on the way down. ;)

Glad to see switching things up went well for ya!

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
TUT is great! I do most of my lifts like this. I explode on the way up but always make sure i'm getting some mean work on the way down. ;)

Glad to see switching things up went well for ya!

wooo go TUT!!! my back is sore as hell today!!

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
Shoulders and traps!

DB shoulder press
80s x 10, x 10, x 10, x 8

Hammer DB front shoulder raises
35s x 10, x 10

Side lateral raises
25s x 10, x 9

Reverse machine flies
125 x 12, 140 x 12, 140 x 12

DB shrugs (really squeezed on the top!!)
80s x 10, x 10
85s x 10, x 10

Upright rows (smith machine)
95 x 10, x 10

DB upright rows
25s x 10, x 10

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Shoulders and traps!

DB shoulder press
80s x 10, x 10, x 10, x 8

35s x 10, x 10

Side lateral raises
25s x 10, x 9

Reverse machine flies
125 x 12, 140 x 12, 140 x 12

DB shrugs (really squeezed on the top!!)
80s x 10, x 10
85s x 10, x 10

95 x 10, x 10

DB upright rows
25s x 10, x 10
strong esp on those presses, and yes on shrugs squeezing at the top pausing for a second matters.

planning on competing or just like to look real good?

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
strong esp on those presses, and yes on shrugs squeezing at the top pausing for a second matters.

planning on competing or just like to look real good?
Thanks! I remember when I started lifting about 5 years ago I couldn't even BB bench 80 lbs lol. At this point I don't really see myself competing. I might change my mind one day but for now I just lift weights because I'm addicted haha. Ill be starting medical school next year so I am not even sure if time would permit me to compete.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice lifts man!! Building those shoulders I see.
Man med school? Might not even have time to lift and eat....

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
Nice lifts man!! Building those shoulders I see.
Man med school? Might not even have time to lift and eat....
That is what I originally thought but after seeing med students in the gym almost every time I am there I have some lingering hope that I will have some free time lol

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
Had a good arm workout on Wednesday, leg workout on Thursday and a good chest workout yesterday! Feeling good and I am starting to wonder if I should try hghpro preworkout? I have read some people using it preworkout I have been considered giving that a try...

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That is what I originally thought but after seeing med students in the gym almost every time I am there I have some lingering hope that I will have some free time lol
ah, good news then ;)

maybe when you start residency it gets rough ... ? lol Im not sure.

p5sky

p5sky

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
ah, good news then ;)

you will need time to release stress I am sure, take out some anger on the iron!!!

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
ah, good news then ;)

Yeah I'm sure residency is going to suck lol but at least I will be making some money and can buy more supplements hehe

you will need time to release stress I am sure, take out some anger on the iron!!!
That is the plan! The gym is a great place to blow off that steam!

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
Did some more very slow reps on my back day yesterday but increased the weight on everything so it was a great workout. I can really feel this slow rep pace the next day I feel this very deep soreness that I havent felt for a long time. I think I would describe it as an "anabolic soreness" haha I feel sore and at the same time my muscles feel enlarged or sort of "inflamed" which makes them feel like they are growing. Good stuff. Going to do a shoulder workout soon and I will post back with that workout in a few hours. :thumbsup: I have been having nice dreams again lately let's just say they are enjoyable dreams... lol

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
Shoulders and trap workout

DB shoulder press
80s x 11, x 11, x 9, x 9

35s x 12, x 12

Side lateral raises
25s x 10, 20s x 10

Reverse machine flies
125 x 12, 135 x 12, 135 x 12
Drop set: 135 x 10, 90 x 8, 60 x 8

DB shrugs
85s x 10, x 10 x 10, x 10

95 x 12, x 12, x 12, x 12

Focused on going nice and controlled and slow for all my sets and at the same time went up in either a few reps or weight on a few things. Very solid shoulder and trap workout yesterday I am seeing some great improvements in my upper back and shoulder region. Very happy.

Budman7811

Budman7811

Awards
I agree your progressing nicly man. Good jobhave you been enjoying this stuff or what? HGHPro has definitly been helping with recovery and sleep I hit squats pretty hard the other day and had some soreness but not like I normally do! you should try a few a hour before work out I think it has helped!

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
I agree your progressing nicly man. Good jobhave you been enjoying this stuff or what? HGHPro has definitly been helping with recovery and sleep I hit squats pretty hard the other day and had some soreness but not like I normally do! you should try a few a hour before work out I think it has helped!
Thanks man! yeah hghpro is good stuff for sure I really enjoy feeling refreshed when I wake up. I will deff give the preworkout dose a try how do you suggest doing it? Im assuming somewhat empty stomach? You say an hour before a workout?

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
I have been out of commission for the past few days because I have caught some sort of cold :( I keep coughing and have a runny nose. It sucks that every time I get a string of great progress something gets in the way! O well... I will hit it hard again in a day or two once I get over this.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Thanks! I remember when I started lifting about 5 years ago I couldn't even BB bench 80 lbs lol. At this point I don't really see myself competing. I might change my mind one day but for now I just lift weights because I'm addicted haha. Ill be starting medical school next year so I am not even sure if time would permit me to compete.
I remember those days two. I gained a goof amount of strength nothing crazy....
I need to focus on lighter weights higher reps because I need more definition.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have been out of commission for the past few days because I have caught some sort of cold :( I keep coughing and have a runny nose. It sucks that every time I get a string of great progress something gets in the way! O well... I will hit it hard again in a day or two once I get over this.
Get some rest and take them vitamins!

Budman7811

Budman7811

Awards
Yeah from what I took from the aticle John posted taking a full doses 1 hour before on empty stomach. I have been doing 2 at night before workout days and then three that morning before i workout. I work out at 5am so yeah I take 2 at 9pm and 3 at 4am...then that night if I am not going to work out the next day I take three. Just so I can balance it out...on not take go through my bottles tooooo fast! good luck!

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
I remember those days two. I gained a goof amount of strength nothing crazy....
I need to focus on lighter weights higher reps because I need more definition.
When I started I gained like 60 lbs in 2 years though a lot was fat lol..

Get some rest and take them vitamins!
For sure! Feeling much better today!

Yeah from what I took from the aticle John posted taking a full doses 1 hour before on empty stomach. I have been doing 2 at night before workout days and then three that morning before i workout. I work out at 5am so yeah I take 2 at 9pm and 3 at 4am...then that night if I am not going to work out the next day I take three. Just so I can balance it out...on not take go through my bottles tooooo fast! good luck!
Sounds interesting I will try this in the next week or so..

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
Feeling much better! Still coughing every now and again but feeling much better overall! I should update how I am back on hdrol again I forgot to mention it here.. today is like the end of week two so it hasnt really hit me yet but Im sure in the next week itll kick in...

Been sleeping better than I was last hdrol cycle so that tells me hghpro is doing its job!

Switching over to a PUSH/PULL style split 4 days per week..really seems to be what is best for an ectomorph body like mine.

Today was a PUSH day.. (only going to put working sets)

BB bench
225 x 8
245 x 4
235 x 5

BB shoulder press
185 x 4
155 x 8
165 x 7

Close grip bench press
155 x 8
175 x 7
175 x 6

Squats
275 x 5
275 x 5
275 x 5

Seated calve raises
100 x 4 (cramped horribly in my calves on the 4th rep I am going to have to warm up my calves more next time!!)
75 x 8
75 x 8

Very hard workout since I squatted towards the end and all the exercises were very CNS taxing.. this is gona be a tough workout. Tomorrow is the first PULL day! Stay tuned...

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice numbers man! Can't wait to see what you will be pulling!

You deadlifting tomorrow ? :x

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
Nice numbers man! Can't wait to see what you will be pulling!

You deadlifting tomorrow ? :x
Thanks man! Nope not yet! Deads will be on the second pull day so friday! (I think deads after a squatting day might kill me lol) Curious when you do deads do you drop the weight dead each rep or sortof bounce it a little rep to rep not completely dead?