Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Yeah, in general I'm not a fan of THC/Weed for sleep because it may help some people go to sleep, but actually harms sleep quality in general for most.

But yeah, in this case, I was just saying that with what he's going through, pretty much anything he can do to help him, I just want him to feel as good as he can while he's enduring what he is. But it's never something I would suggest to anyone else to do that is just looking for improved overall sleep quality.
I understand what you're saying, but I I don't believe this thread was about improving sleep quality. His main objective was to take something that will knock him out fast. He did say "preferably" wake up feeling refreshed.

But his main goal was to take something that will knock him out fast.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
There is a chance that the tossing and turning is, in part, due to the cessation of breathing and you never really getting into deep sleep. I used to be all over the place and now, with cpap, I am on my back all night no problem. They have SO MANY masks that there is SOMETHING for everyone these days.
I seem to be rolling less now with my CPAP. Whenever I got up to 265, every time I was rolling like a crocodile all night from the apneas.

PhantomReaper

PhantomReaper

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I appreciate everything guys, but I ain't Dead Yet..!!
As a matter of fact, my first night in my new apartment..officially no longer "Homeless".!!
Big step...Huge..Huge Step..!!
#2..Start eating Right..!!
#3..More Rest and Recovery..!!
#4..Back in the gym 2 days a week..

Officially back on TRT...
Test E 200/ Deca 100

Start calling.... intake 35oo
Steady climb to 5ooo
Cardio only to stabilize markers (works wonders for me)
Incorporate more stress relieves...hikes with Gab..guitar..maybe dating..lol

I might have all of the best years behind me..but all I know...is Wide Open Throttle..!!
C can blow me..!!
ZION

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I appreciate everything guys, but I ain't Dead Yet..!!
As a matter of fact, my first night in my new apartment..officially no longer "Homeless".!!
Big step...Huge..Huge Step..!!
#2..Start eating Right..!!
#3..More Rest and Recovery..!!
#4..Back in the gym 2 days a week..

Officially back on TRT...
Test E 200/ Deca 100

Start calling.... intake 35oo
Steady climb to 5ooo
Cardio only to stabilize markers (works wonders for me)
Incorporate more stress relieves...hikes with Gab..guitar..maybe dating..lol

I might have all of the best years behind me..but all I know...is Wide Open Throttle..!!
C can blow me..!!
ZION
😁

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I understand what you're saying, but I I don't believe this thread was about improving sleep quality. His main objective was to take something that will knock him out fast. He did say "preferably" wake up feeling refreshed.

But his main goal was to take something that will knock him out fast.
Haha, yes, exactly that! I want something that if you take it and then decide to go for a jog you will pass out mid jog and sleep 8 restful hours, probably waking up confused since you’re waking up in some weird place but refreshed enough to continue your jog… 😂

To be honest guys, it’s my stim intake that fvcks my sleep up so I need something that counters that and can relaxes me.

When you’re an adult that have adult responsibilities, stims are needed 🤷🏻‍♂️

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Haha, yes, exactly that! I want something that if you take it and then decide to go for a jog you will pass out mid jog and sleep 8 restful hours, probably waking up confused since you’re waking up in some weird place but refreshed enough to continue your jog… 😂

To be honest guys, it’s my stim intake that fvcks my sleep up so I need something that counters that and can relaxes me.

When you’re an adult that have adult responsibilities, stims are needed 🤷🏻‍♂️
Whoever comes up with a somewhat healthy daily sleep supplement that knocks you out cold will be golden. I know so many people including myself that struggle with sleep and are always on the hunt for finding the latest best sleep supp!

PhantomReaper

PhantomReaper

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Whoever comes up with a somewhat healthy daily sleep supplement that knocks you out cold will be golden. I know so many people including myself that struggle with sleep and are always on the hunt for finding the latest best sleep supp!
That's the Truth..
Something that knocks you right Out cold..but you wake up fresh and revived..
Back to the Lab...
Z...

Airmaniac

Airmaniac

Awards
A lot of top notch suggestions so far! Huge fan of SNS products for so many things including sleep. Growth Factor XT is legit for lowering stress, easing sleep, improving mood/libido. I look forward to Sleep Support XT. I also enjoy 3Z for sleep as mulungu extract and lemon balm extract work for me. The sleep apnea machine definitely has me curious too!

Some products that haven’t been mentioned that I rotate from time to time with other products are Baicalm and Moon serum. Other mentions that I like but don’t want to clog up the thread with write ups are Oleamide, super critical Coriander extract(Linalool), gotu kola extract, and kava kava.

Baicalm is Skullcap(98% baicalein), Magnolia bark extract(95% Magnolol/Honokiol), L-Theanine, Curcumin, Sinomenine, and black pepper extract.

Moon Serum is essentially Muscimol as it’s a fully decarbed mushroom extraction. It also eases my pain as well as I drift off at 2mls.

I have a product on the way that contains 400mgs of FastBliss plus other calming extracts and will report back if there’s any interest.

jarrellt67

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
A lot of top notch suggestions so far! Huge fan of SNS products for so many things including sleep. Growth Factor XT is legit for lowering stress, easing sleep, improving mood/libido. I look forward to Sleep Support XT. I also enjoy 3Z for sleep as mulungu extract and lemon balm extract work for me. The sleep apnea machine definitely has me curious too!

Some products that haven’t been mentioned that I rotate from time to time with other products are Baicalm and Moon serum. Other mentions that I like but don’t want to clog up the thread with write ups are Oleamide, super critical Coriander extract(Linalool), gotu kola extract, and kava kava.

Baicalm is Skullcap(98% baicalein), Magnolia bark extract(95% Magnolol/Honokiol), L-Theanine, Curcumin, Sinomenine, and black pepper extract.

Moon Serum is essentially Muscimol as it’s a fully decarbed mushroom extraction. It also eases my pain as well as I drift off at 2mls.

I have a product on the way that contains 400mgs of FastBliss plus other calming extracts and will report back if there’s any interest.

You mention baicalm but have you also tried the LM calmlift? It also works pretty good for stress/sleep and includes an Amanita mushroom extract (amongst other things). Personally, I like it a little more than baicalm.

Joshlm69

Joshlm69

Awards
  • Established
2 caps of Sleep Assist-XT puts me to sleep within an hour of taking it, and if I wake up in the night its pretty easy to go back to sleep. Getting out of bed is challenging when you wake up, but no sleep hangover

Synapsin

Synapsin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I can say for sure that THC/Weed DOES NOT improve my quality of sleep. It just helps me go to sleep lol. Sometimes I get done for work for the day And it's like 10pm and i need To fall asleep as fast as possible.Because I gotta be up at 4am. So more than anything it's just to make you zonk out.

At the same time, i dont wake up as often through the night so Even though i'm sure my quality of sleep is far from adequate, The extra hours seem to help.

I do think relying on it solely as a daily sleep med is a quick fix and not a solution to the problem.

But im aware your speaking about someone else, not my situation. His situation is very specific.

@PhantomReaper im sorry your in pain dude but im happy to see you still posting, keep your head high sir!
Cannabis usage typically leads to an increase in slow wave sleep, decreased delta wave activity while sleeping, and a decrease in REM sleep quality/ quantity; these effects generally lead to an increase in cortical activation while sleeping and less restorative sleep. It may help people fall asleep better, but the sleep quality will generally be poorer like you said :)

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Does anyone know if dreaming is linked to rem sleep?

I've always wondered this, Because I am not a good sleeper at all.But I have very vivid detailed dreams On a almost nightly basis. I can take a fifteen minute nap and have a full blown lucid type dream That feels like it lasted for hours. This question Has nothing to do with cannabis, I've always been like this since I was a child

I've always been curious about this.

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
AET - mentioned a few times in here is great if stress is keeping your mind running and causing you to wake up and you have a difficult time going back to sleep because your mind won't shut down.

Of course, I recommend Neuro AET - this is a great dose of AET and does the trick really fricken well! it's dosed pretty high, you could probably use half the recommended dose to get the necessary effects on sleep.

Important! Do not apply topicals with AET before bed - this will likely leave you waking groggy in the AM. You want to apply it early enough in the day to mitigate the evening cortisol spike - applying after cortisol is already peaking does not help...you need to apply it before.

Topical melatonin (Neuro Melatonin) is also a great addition - part of the issue with melatonin is that the half life is minutes (15 min IIRC) - if you aren't ready to go to sleep the moment it hits, you're going to miss the window. Transdermal melatonin is awesome because it slowly releases melatonin over about 6 hours, this not only helps you get to sleep, but helps keep you asleep - there are specific studies on td melatonin for jet lag and those who are changing shifts (ie: day shift to night shift).

EndoAmp is another great option - the PS complex has been studied to mitigate cortisol post workout...as you mentioned earlier, that you do a lot of cardio at night. this could be very advantageous for you. Plus the PS complex has so many long term benefits

Airmaniac

Airmaniac

Awards
You mention baicalm but have you also tried the LM calmlift? It also works pretty good for stress/sleep and includes an Amanita mushroom extract (amongst other things). Personally, I like it a little more than baicalm.
I don’t want to take away from the sponsors, so I’ll keep it brief. I enjoyed that it worked in the background, and I could take one cap in the morning or evening without making me want to nap, which effectively mellowed me out in times of stress. I get more servings with the tincture and supplement BaiCalm which works for me and I like the absorption enhancers too that lend themselves to when I take green tea extract for example. I’m sure the ingredients for BaiCalm can be sourced easily if any sponsors wanna cough cough “take my money” as they say. And if anyone does I’d like to see apigenin and Isoliquiritigenin added so I don’t have to purchase those separately.

Lynks8

Lynks8

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Cannabis usage typically leads to an increase in slow wave sleep, decreased delta wave activity while sleeping, and a decrease in REM sleep quality/ quantity; these effects generally lead to an increase in cortical activation while sleeping and less restorative sleep. It may help people fall asleep better, but the sleep quality will generally be poorer like you said :)
RIP Amnes1a. Greatest sleep supp ever created.