A MRP Shake that is very good!

windwords7

Awards
  • Established
<P class=subheads>Here is a very healthy MRP that you probably have not heard of.
<P class=subheads>http://mafgroup.securedata.net/catalog/phils/philsshakes_can.shtml
<P class=subheads>NATURAL FRENCH VANILLA PHIL'S SHAKE
<P class=text><SPAN class=text><B>INGREDIENTS</B></SPAN>: Whey protein concentrate, 100% pure fructose, natural corn starch (unmodified), natural flavor, carrageenan (from seaweed), salt, tricalcium phosphate, lecithin, turmeric (a spice for coloring).

• <SPAN class=text>150 calories </SPAN>
  • <SPAN class=text>13 grams whey protein </SPAN>
  • <SPAN class=text>No synthetic vitamins</SPAN>
  • <SPAN class=text>Meal replacement</SPAN>
  • <SPAN class=text>No MSG </SPAN>
  • <SPAN class=text>Other recipes include 40-30-30 drinks, pudding, popsicles, blended coffee drinks, smoothies and more!</SPAN>

YellowJacket

Banned
Awards
20 servings at $22 is incredible also.....this guy is going to owe you some serious cash for pimping his products ;)

windwords7

Awards
  • Established
Originally posted by YellowJacket
20 servings at $22 is incredible also.....this guy is going to owe you some serious cash for pimping his products ;)

LOL bro! I wish!

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
its actually 25 for 20 servings (the whey concentrate one, not soy). and thats greast for a meal replacement but....it has only 13 grams of protein per serving...so it would have to be about 3 servings to equal an average mrp protein amount. Im not calling this a bad choice...just trying to straighten the facts :)

windwords7

Awards
  • Established
A MRP with 30-50g of protein? Sounds like a gainer to me ;)

ex_banana-eater

Awards
  • Established
Why would he put whey with slower digesting carbs? Isn't there anyone out there smart enough to put slow digesting carbs with slow digesting proteins?

windwords7

Awards
  • Established
Originally posted by ex_banana-eater
Why would he put whey with slower digesting carbs? Isn't there anyone out there smart enough to put slow digesting carbs with slow digesting proteins?
This guy is brilliant. He has a reason behind what he does.

Sheesh

Awards
  • Established
I thought you were one of those guys who bulked, bulked, and then bulked some more. An MRP with 140 calories. You can't be serious.

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
A MRP with 30-50g of protein? Sounds like a gainer to me ;)
of course my friend. what meal replacement these days do not contain atleast 35 grams of protein??? l(myoplex: 42g, metrx reg: 37g, lean body 45g, cough ...mesotech: 52g, isopure: 50g, optipro meal: 40g...this the case for tub-style mrp's too). like i said, the carb source looks real nice for this product but the serving size and the fact that whey concentrate is the only source of protein....that is what gets me. again, not trying to hurt your pitch here.

windwords7

Awards
  • Established
Originally posted by Sheesh
I thought you were one of those guys who bulked, bulked, and then bulked some more. An MRP with 140 calories. You can't be serious.
Sounds like you guys use them as your main source rather than a "supplement". Key word here is supplement. ;) They do exactly what they need to as a MRP.

YellowJacket

Banned
Awards

its actually 25 for 20 servings (the whey concentrate one, not soy). and thats greast for a meal replacement but....it has only 13 grams of protein per serving...so it would have to be about 3 servings to equal an average mrp protein amount. Im not calling this a bad choice...just trying to straighten the facts :)
Then let me set another fact straight.....13 grams of protein is fine for a meal replacement because it is just that, a meal replacement. This is not a typical large meal, these are mainly for convience, and say for someone who weights 175, he needs 175 grams of protein, these can probably be combined with a can of tuna and something else and make a nice mean, high protein diets are way out of style and $25 for 20 servings is very nice.

windwords7

Awards
  • Established
Originally posted by YellowJacket

Then let me set another fact straight.....13 grams of protein is fine for a meal replacement because it is just that, a meal replacement. This is not a typical large meal, these are mainly for convience, and say for someone who weights 175, he needs 175 grams of protein, these can probably be combined with a can of tuna and something else and make a nice mean, high protein diets are way out of style and $25 for 20 servings is very nice.
Agreed my friend.

windwords7

Awards
  • Established
Originally posted by sage

of course my friend. what meal replacement these days do not contain atleast 35 grams of protein??? l(myoplex: 42g, metrx reg: 37g, lean body 45g, cough ...mesotech: 52g, isopure: 50g, optipro meal: 40g...this the case for tub-style mrp's too). like i said, the carb source looks real nice for this product but the serving size and the fact that whey concentrate is the only source of protein....that is what gets me. again, not trying to hurt your pitch here.
I have nothing to gain bro. No pitch here. I just believe the Maffetone is one of the few guys in the world who really understands certain aspects of nutrition, thats all.

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
understood. understood. i also agree with what YJ said. mpr, protein powder, all that good stuff are all "supplements" to a diet.

wardog

Awards
  • Established
No insult intended bro..but at that amount of calories and protein, it wouldn't be worth me ingesting as an MRP or even a light snack.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
No insult intended bro..but at that amount of calories and protein, it wouldn't be worth me ingesting as an MRP or even a light snack.
Bump that. First of all it has 100% Fructose, which blows. Fructose goes right towards liver glycogen and does nothing for muscle glycogen. I don't understand why people insist using a fast absorbing whey for an MRP. By definition a meal replacement should give you a steady stream of aminos for 2-3 hours. This thing will last 30 minutes at best. The fructose won't even give you a fast enough insulin response to even utilize the whey which means more of the whey will get converted in glucose. The price isn't that good at all. Complete Portein Diet sells for 1.00 a pack at 1fast and if you buy 100, .75c a pack. Add two scoops of oatmeal and you have a much better MRP than this. Don't me to dog you Win but I just don't agree wiht this one.

windwords7

Awards
  • Established
It's alright guys Im not offended *pulls razor blades out of cabinet while crying*

;)

I have a very different view apparently of MRP as concept. I use several thing in combo with each other. One thing does not do it for me as the taste factors goes.

Biggs

Awards
  • Established
Same here. Though, an interesting find Windwords7 you were right I had never heard of it.