5 weeks out from competition, about to start DermaTherm Target

MattPorter

MattPorter

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Hey guys,Thanks for checking in. I had a 22mile run this weekend- part of a challenge, involves carrying 40+ lb the whole way, sets of push ups, etc. not sure if that was a help or hindrance this late in the game.Last week! Started cutting water today, and diet blows :)I take last pics tomorrow night, then head to show Friday. Fingers crossed, muscles pumped :)

Pheww! Worried something happened and you dropped off!

Awesome --- excited for you to gain some experience.Is your final week plan mapped out clearly for you?

-Matt

PREracing25

PREracing25

Awards
  • Established
Doing a great job, got get them.

Jwarfford

Jwarfford

Awards
no prob.

Thoughts at this point? Still hoping to see a lot of change in the next 48...

madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established
no prob.

Thoughts at this point? Still hoping to see a lot of change in the next 48...
Oh yeah... once you finish off water... you will see such a diff the next day... and the day of...

Jwarfford

Jwarfford

Awards
Ok, so I'm down 5 lbs today, to 123. Only 33oz water today, which I've already polished off :(
I have my last long lifting workout today, plus cardio. Tomorrow is light cardio, then gettin' my dark on!
Just bought a bunch of post comp sugars =)

madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established
Ok, so I'm down 5 lbs today, to 123. Only 33oz water today, which I've already polished off :(
I have my last long lifting workout today, plus cardio. Tomorrow is light cardio, then gettin' my dark on!
Yeah you should have nurtured the water.... your going to be misserable lol

MattPorter

MattPorter

Banned
Awards
  • Established

Not sure why they tapered your water so harshly ....

But PLEASE do not go overboard on post contest binging as its the prime time to store fat.

But on the flipside -- you can store nutrients in MUSCLE tissue if you prioritize healthy nutrients!

Please eat what you want for the Sunday after -- but Monday get right back to flushing out water and going l ow carbs... you will thank me.

This is outdated article I wrote -- but could hit home on a few points

-Matt

Jwarfford

Jwarfford

Awards
Okay, all done. They didn't separate our class at all, and I think there were about 35 of us in open figure.
I didn't get top 5 :(
I did get my critique from the judges, which was overall very positive. Area of improvement:
Bigger mass, more confidence. I knew I was coming in small, and I was certainly nervous!!
And my fan squad said my posing looked but I just looked skinny in comparison.
Ok, lots learned! On to the next challenge!
Thanks for all the support!!!

Attachments

supermanjow

supermanjow

Awards
  • Established
Congrats on your first show! I did my first last year and I can't wait to get on the stage again next!

bean5er

bean5er

Awards
Okay, all done. They didn't separate our class at all, and I think there were about 35 of us in open figure.
I didn't get top 5 :(
I did get my critique from the judges, which was overall very positive. Area of improvement:
Bigger mass, more confidence. I knew I was coming in small, and I was certainly nervous!!
And my fan squad said my posing looked but I just looked skinny in comparison.
Ok, lots learned! On to the next challenge!
Thanks for all the support!!!
Congrats on the first show!!! I'm doing mine next may. Again great job

Sent from my iPhone using Am.com

MattPorter

MattPorter

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Nice job.I hope you had fun and enjoyed the experience.Just keep building mass in delts, lats, quads.-Matt

MattPorter

MattPorter

Banned
Awards
  • Established
You get to take advantage of that post-contest size gains as well.
Women need to be careful of this!!!!! especially if not shredded.Great time to increase clean calories a bit and back down cardiobut BAD time to eat excessive treats!-Matt

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Primordial Performance Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Women need to be careful of this!!!!! especially if not shredded.Great time to increase clean calories a bit and back down cardiobut BAD time to eat excessive treats!-Matt
For sure, wasn't suggesting going all out, but clean surplus calories can be taken advantage of now.

MattPorter

MattPorter

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Yea...

I have seen countless times female competitors get pushed to hard by their coaches with hours of cardio a day and low carbs and low fat menu for 6-8 weeks....only to screw up their metabolic rate and set themselves up for one nasty rebound.

usually the female will blow up in the first 2 weeks and dig themselves into a hole and 9 times outta 10 wont compete again or will try and the body and mind just will not cooperate.

-Matt