Thor's Thunder: Electrake's Epic Training Tales

Electrake

Electrake

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
as I read that all I can think about is the piles and piles of 30round mags (and one 50round drum mag) my buddies and I bought up before they got banned, and the AR i bought my step son the month before they got banned......... lol
I take back my comment lmao.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
HAHAHAHA... I friends on Kodiak Island, they consider themselves same, but different.
my brother has a friend who is a fisherman up there, so he joins him from time to time for fishing or hunting (we have had some killer halibut and cod hook-ups) and the stories are very very very much the wild wild west.

Electrake

Electrake

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
my brother has a friend who is a fisherman up there, so he joins him from time to time for fishing or hunting (we have had some killer halibut and cod hook-ups) and the stories are very very very much the wild wild west.
That's why I wanted to end up there, it's the last frontier. As I get older, I'm like **** it... that's a lot of work and I'm not getting younger

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I would move back there in a heartbeat if the wife would give the go ahead 😂

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Alaska was really cool when we went in summertime, and I loved the constant daylight…but I could never tolerate the opposite in winter. Nevermind the cold and snow, that can be nice in its own way if you’re well prepared. But the months of darkness? Nahhhhh.

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Alaska was really cool when we went in summertime, and I loved the constant daylight…but I could never tolerate the opposite in winter. Nevermind the cold and snow, that can be nice in its own way if you’re well prepared. But the months of darkness? Nahhhhh.
You look forward to it for a while after the endless day light in the summer, but come February it’s like 🤦🏼‍♂️

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
we're in for an amazing week man, supposed to be in the 80's towards the end of this week.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
they opened one up down here in Kent and Fed Way finally.
we used to always get some 2am dicks after concerts in the city and the line was still around the block. best dollar dicks in town though. you'd see people getting three, four, five dicks a night.

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
we used to always get some 2am dicks after concerts in the city and the line was still around the block. best dollar dicks in town though. you'd see people getting three, four, five dicks a night.

This reminds me of a letter Kenny episode 😂

Electrake

Electrake

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar

I've put so much Dicks in my mouth. Amazing. There's one up my way now on the Lynnwood/Everett border. Back in the day, I drove to the Northgate one with no brakes in a mustang with a car full of people, from Lake Stevens lmfao. Anything to put dicks in my mouth hole.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I've put so much Dicks in my mouth. Amazing. There's one up my way now on the Lynnwood/Everett border. Back in the day, I drove to the Northgate one with no brakes in a mustang with a car full of people, from Lake Stevens lmfao. Anything to put dicks in my mouth hole.
years ago when I was running smolov jr squat program I would reward myself with a double quarter pounder at mcD's every weekend postWO. we didn't have so many dicks back then though. I could see getting some dicks in me after a hard squat session though since it's right down the road now. #recoverymeat

Electrake

Electrake

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Just checking in. Working around the farm has been kicking my ass, haven't even gone into a local gym for a formal training session lol. Not sure why I brought my gym attire! A fun part, supplements are still sitting on the kitchen counter back in NC, so that'll be fun to jump back into. Been eating very well, and drinking has been to a minimum until tomorrow night. Heading back home Sunday night, it'll be bitter sweet. Some family drama here has me on edge, and back at my house the future ex wife has emptied it of her belongings and everything we are not keeping. That'll be weird to go back to, but the house lists in 13 days and I can at least put in an offer on a new place, contingent on the sale o my own.

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Just checking in. Working around the farm has been kicking my ass, haven't even gone into a local gym for a formal training session lol. Not sure why I brought my gym attire! A fun part, supplements are still sitting on the kitchen counter back in NC, so that'll be fun to jump back into. Been eating very well, and drinking has been to a minimum until tomorrow night. Heading back home Sunday night, it'll be bitter sweet. Some family drama here has me on edge, and back at my house the future ex wife has emptied it of her belongings and everything we are not keeping. That'll be weird to go back to, but the house lists in 13 days and I can at least put in an offer on a new place, contingent on the sale o my own.
Who needs a gym with farm work!

Electrake

Electrake

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I'm aliiiiiive! Travels home were a damn nightmare, lots of delayed flights. Remarkably dehydrated and malnourished. Today I had to finally bring my truck in to the body shop from the accident in January, I asked for a small truck for my moving stuff, they gave me a Ram 1500 for a month 😂 Nice truck, still not a Dodge person.

Back into training tomorrow, starting off light, it's been 2 weeks since I trained well so I'm going to move back into it lightly. House lists in 1 week, I intend on offering a heavy contingent offer on the place I want with a decent amount of earnest money, always looking for advice there lol. I've been following along on the forum, I know everyone's been mostly well, and eager to regularly contribute again, seeing the family was an OK recharge, but training and commiserating with like minds is more my style.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Limit time with the folks, train hard, dodge sucks. There's nothing about your come back I don't like

Ironically I've worked with my dad every day since I was like 16, I do love it but I'm a total introvert otherwise who's content to live mostly alone in the woods

Electrake

Electrake

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Limit time with the folks, train hard, dodge sucks. There's nothing about your come back I don't like

Ironically I've worked with my dad every day since I was like 16, I do love it but I'm a total introvert otherwise who's content to live mostly alone in the woods
I refer to myself as an extroverted introvert. I get along with people, but it kills me inside lol. Never did get my Dicks 😢

Electrake

Electrake

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar

The dodge is also beat the hell up! I absolutely never take pictures of rentals, definitely did a walk around this time.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I refer to myself as an extroverted introvert.
dude that's hilarious, I've been called that for years. everyone thinks I'm an extrovert (I'm not!)
My wife on the other hand, is the reverse. Total introverted extrovert. She loves parties and traditions and clubs but is a totally quiet wallflower lol

so essentially we have to socialize to fill her energy requirements and I end up doing all the socializing 😂😂

Never did get my Dicks
I'm sorry dude, maybe I should mail you one. here's a dick pic to tide you over

Electrake

Electrake

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Got in yesterday 5/15/24 just to run through the motions after nearly two weeks off, super stiff from travels and still clearly malnourished. Ran some squats and OHP, moved slow and paid attention to form I'll probably get in today, but I have 4 friends coming over to help me move my heavy **** to storage and do some appearance type repairs to the house through the weekend. Monday is pictures, Wednesday it lists, so while it'll be weird to live here through all of that, it's almost over!

I'm back on all of my supps and feeling human again, almost back to east coast time in my head and nearly got a good night's rest.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Just got caught back up in here. Good stuff Sir, welcome back.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Monday is pictures, Wednesday it lists, so while it'll be weird to live here through all of that, it's almost over!
is your realtor staging the place? When I sold my loft in Tacoma they staged it for like $2500 or something like that ( I truly don't remember) but it sold so fast at top dollar and looked so damn good I regretted selling it, I should have just had them decorate it on day 1 lol

Electrake

Electrake

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
is your realtor staging the place? When I sold my loft in Tacoma they staged it for like $2500 or something like that ( I truly don't remember) but it sold so fast at top dollar and looked so damn good I regretted selling it, I should have just had them decorate it on day 1 lol
Nah, we had a lot of stuff and the ex wife already took 99% of what she wanted, the rest is just enough to make the main areas look cozy or enormous (10' ceilings). I wouldn't be surprised if the realtor came in and wanted to stage, but the goal right now is to just get it listed asap. Using the VA loan, my next place is contingent on it.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
but the goal right now is to just get it listed asap.
I feel that. I sold mine in like Feb 2022, closed in April. So I was feeling massive urgency to get it listed and sold ASAP as the rates at that point were just starting to go up.

Electrake

Electrake

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I feel that. I sold mine in like Feb 2022, closed in April. So I was feeling massive urgency to get it listed and sold ASAP as the rates at that point were just starting to go up.
Yeah they're ugly right now, the rates. But real estate here seems to be moving as fast as ever, so fingers crossed.

Note - Don't ever buy a big ass farmhouse with tall ceilings unless you're ready for the utility bill to heat and cool lol.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Don't ever buy a big ass farmhouse with tall ceilings unless you're ready for the utility bill to heat and cool lol.
we have a 1938 uninsulated house that uses an old school wood fireplace with no fan and only cadet wall heaters to supplement. we keep the house at about 61f during the winter and can still see an electric bill of about $300-400, not including the 2 cords of wood we burn through lol. come at me bro. winter dick is a thing.

Electrake

Electrake

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
we have a 1938 uninsulated house that uses an old school wood fireplace with no fan and only cadet wall heaters to supplement. we keep the house at about 61f during the winter and can still see an electric bill of about $300-400, not including the 2 cords of wood we burn through lol. come at me bro. winter dick is a thing.
Hahaha, I'm right there with you, 1924 house here. The first winter here I was a broke-ass college student and the wife wasn't making much. We ran the propane furnace for a month and ended up with something like $450 in electric, and $250 in propane. That next month I got a Lowes credit card, a pellet stove, and a pallet of pellets lol. That thing kicks some serious ass, but still going through about 3-4 pallets a winter. I won't mention the space heaters, storing them before the showings so people don't know any better. I look for them in house postings.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
That next month I got a Lowes credit card, a pellet stove, and a pallet of pellets lol. That thing kicks some serious ass, but still going through about 3-4 pallets a winter.
pretty smart though! I keep trying to figure out if we can maybe do an insert on our fireplace. The hard part is a blower though. if you can get a little air movement then you can do a lot with those pellet stoves or a wood setup. the funny thing is my folks have this tiny wood burning stove in their house that can only hold like 1-2 logs at a time. huge vaulted ceilings, and that tiny stove gets the place so hot they have to open doors in the winter lol.

meanwhile I can throw 6 logs on and still have blankets out 😂

Electrake

Electrake

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
pretty smart though! I keep trying to figure out if we can maybe do an insert on our fireplace. The hard part is a blower though. if you can get a little air movement then you can do a lot with those pellet stoves or a wood setup. the funny thing is my folks have this tiny wood burning stove in their house that can only hold like 1-2 logs at a time. huge vaulted ceilings, and that tiny stove gets the place so hot they have to open doors in the winter lol.

meanwhile I can throw 6 logs on and still have blankets out 😂
If you're on Reddit, there's a wood stove sub that nerds out over the things. I'm ashamed how much I know about wood stoves and firewood from doom scrolling and reading.