I’m just not that strong (yet)!

slimsaw00

Awards
  • Established
Boy whatever our family had was fast to hit, but slow to leave. Didn’t eat most of Saturday and appetite was low yesterday. Trying to have a normal day of eating and drinking before getting back to lifting. I stepped on the scale Sunday and I was down 5 lbs… crazy!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Boy whatever our family had was fast to hit, but slow to leave. Didn’t eat most of Saturday and appetite was low yesterday. Trying to have a normal day of eating and drinking before getting back to lifting. I stepped on the scale Sunday and I was down 5 lbs… crazy!
Definitely get the bodyweight/hydration in order before training again. You’re much more vulnerable when things aren’t well-hydrated, nor will you have much strength or gusto.

slimsaw00

Awards
  • Established
I wanted to get to it this morning, but I just didn’t feel like it at all. I feel like as today has progressed I’ve felt more like myself. Admittedly I’m not great at drinking water so I’m trying to drink a bit like every 15 minutes. Appetite seems to have returned so that’s good!

slimsaw00

Awards
  • Established

Squat
110x5
135x5
180x5
205x5
235x5

Bench
155x5x5

Assistance
BW Push-up 3x10
Leg Raise 3x10
Row 3x8

Top set of squats felt a little heavier than last week… this was expected. Kept the assistance light, and very basic. I ate good, and slept pretty solidly last night. Man whatever we had was pretty rough. Compounded by our two year old, and one year old also having it. Yikes. Have a great Tuesday!

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Welcome back. Like Hyde said, get back to hydration/normal eating before going too hard.

slimsaw00

Awards
  • Established
Welcome back. Like Hyde said, get back to hydration/normal eating before going too hard.
Today was a repeat of my first session last week. I subbed in pushups instead of dips, and everything seemed okay. I’m going to continue to eat, sleep and drink lots of water.

slimsaw00

Awards
  • Established

Deadlift
155x5
190x5
215x5
245x5

Press
Bar x10
85x5
95x5
110x5

Assistance
Dips 25 reps
Chin-ups 25 reps
Leg Raise 4x8

Not bad!

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Nice work getting back after being sick.

The x25 work just accumulating in however many sets it takes?

slimsaw00

Awards
  • Established
Nice work getting back after being sick.

The x25 work just accumulating in however many sets it takes?
Yeah my endurance seems to be slightly down still. So yeah as many sets as it takes. My chin-ups have been down cause I’ve put on some bad weight from our crazy stretch of February and March.