The Peloton Brand is Riding Without a Helmet

Prince

Prince

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established

Peloton came out of the gate, ready to race the competition. They were so eager to jump out front that they went without their helmet. While being cautious can prevent falls, sometimes timing can come back to bite you in the butt.
A few years back, when everyone was locked in their homes like caged animals, fitness companies and equipment for home use blew up. People were fighting to get whatever inventory was still in stock at their local stores, and others flooded the internet to buy whatever they could find.
Well, Peloton was standing there with a big, bright, shiny object, and people were forking over thousands of dollars to get their bike and “join the community” online. Their growth even had the business valued at around $50 billion.
Now, the brand is falling back and sucking massive wind. So much so that they’re letting people go.
In this article, we’re going to dive a little deeper into the issues Peloton is currently faced with and the potential causes.

BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Most people waste money on home equipment, they use it for a couple weeks and then hang clothes on it. The last thing they need is one with a monthly NEVER ENDING bill. Fu(k that thing.

N2ofusion

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I don’t really think it’s about inflation or disposable income, per se. Rather, I think they just saturated their upper- middle class consumer base, and that was that. Plenty of other products are selling like hotcakes.

I loved my old spin bike but just refused to add another subscription onto our monthly bills.