Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
flytrapcan

flytrapcan

Awards
  • Established
I'm an arnie fan, but he looks a little out of proportion to me.

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
The classic bb look is so much more bad@ss in my opinion, Seeing those guys do the vacuum pose and comparing in the ronnie who looks like he just ate a turtle before going on stage is amazing.

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Major differences in the way things have changed. Each have some of their own merit though.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
Did anyone ever notice that Ronnie's quads are massive, but have minimal definition ?

On the other hand, his glutes, hams, calves have excellent definition, just not the quads though.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
The classic bb look is so much more bad@ss in my opinion, Seeing those guys do the vacuum pose and comparing in the ronnie who looks like he just ate a turtle before going on stage is amazing.
I thought it was just me who saw that, it's like he's got a gut hiding under his abs or something.

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
i don't know much about bodybuilding to this degree, but the boys of yesteryear seem to look healthier to me.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
i don't know much about bodybuilding to this degree, but the boys of yesteryear seem to look healthier to me.
There may be something to that. Back then wasn't Brewer's Yeast one of the best nutritional options for obtaining some good quality protein? It's a bit nutty.

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
I dig the older look too. I'd much rather have Arnold's physique, esp. compared to Ronnie.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Very cool.

Dorian's back was out of this world.

Nightwanderer

Nightwanderer

Awards
  • Established
yeah I have to agree, I'd really like to look into the major nutritional
and supplement changes between then and now; because science is advancing, and so is training technique, yet the classic guys have so much more visual appeal than the new guys. the new guys are a lot bigger, but it looks all bloated, like they're holding a ton more water or something. I'd much rather be a smaller guy with undeniable quality and tone of muscle like stone, than a juggernaught who looks like their muscle is made of prison bologna
injected with water. At first I just assumed it was modern steroids doing it, but Arnold did steroids and look at him, aand I'm sure the peers of his time were on similar anabolic setups...

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
I wanna be big like now...but realisticaly fo rliving purposes, have no issues with old school.

I would love to be stacked like Columbo.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
image if sergio was on as much gear as the pros now days......his arms might reach 30"!!!

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
yeah I have to agree, I'd really like to look into the major nutritional
and supplement changes between then and now; because science is advancing, and so is training technique, yet the classic guys have so much more visual appeal than the new guys. the new guys are a lot bigger, but it looks all bloated, like they're holding a ton more water or something. I'd much rather be a smaller guy with undeniable quality and tone of muscle like stone, than a juggernaught who looks like their muscle is made of prison bologna
injected with water. At first I just assumed it was modern steroids doing it, but Arnold did steroids and look at him, aand I'm sure the peers of his time were on similar anabolic setups...

It is the difference in the AMOUNT OF STEROIDS. Sure Arnold used, but at much smaller dosages and not stacked with everything under the kitchen sink. I have ZERO respect for the current pros because of this. They look like sh*t to me, but I hate bodybuilding anyway, it is just not interesting and won't ever catch on mainstream as a real "sport".

TheNoid

TheNoid

Awards
It is the difference in the AMOUNT OF STEROIDS. Sure Arnold used, but at much smaller dosages and not stacked with everything under the kitchen sink. I have ZERO respect for the current pros because of this. They look like sh*t to me, but I hate bodybuilding anyway, it is just not interesting and won't ever catch on mainstream as a real "sport".
Actually its the difference in the amount of slin, HGH, and different AAS like formyldienolone used.

I dont see why someone would have zero respect for something they could not or would not have the balls to ever do. But hey keep hatin...