andrei arlovski vs fabrico werdum

bighulksmash

bighulksmash

Legend
Awards
All you mma experts and non-experts lets talk about the fight that so many people want to see !!!!

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Who wants to see this fight? The first fight for Werdum should be JDS.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I really like Arlovski, but wouldn't pay to watch that fight. There was a period (after getting knocked out multiple times) that I thought he should retire, but have been happy to see him do better recently.

bighulksmash

bighulksmash

Legend
Awards
I really like Arlovski, but wouldn't pay to watch that fight. There was a period (after getting knocked out multiple times) that I thought he should retire, but have been happy to see him do better recently.
Yeah he did get tossed a few ben whippins.
Still a exciting fight.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I actually want to see Werdum v. Stipe and Arlovski v. JDS. Then the winners go at it

bighulksmash

bighulksmash

Legend
Awards
Which would end up being jds vs werdum imo lol

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You saw the first fight, right?
I like JDS, but both are so different now. JDS seems like the 3 fights with Cain have made him get old quickly, and Werdum is oddly well rounded.

I think they should do as I suggested. I know they are doing the same at 170lbs with Lawler/Condit Hendricks/Woodley

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I like JDS, but both are so different now. JDS seems like the 3 fights with Cain have made him get old quickly, and Werdum is oddly well rounded.

I think they should do as I suggested. I know they are doing the same at 170lbs with Lawler/Condit Hendricks/Woodley
To be fair, the two fights with Cain. It's the KO/headhunter mentality that got him as well. He doesn't mix his attack nearly as much as he did then. Stipe lost to him recently and AA/Stipe is the perfect eliminator fight.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
To be fair, the two fights with Cain. It's the KO/headhunter mentality that got him as well. He doesn't mix his attack nearly as much as he did then. Stipe lost to him recently and AA/Stipe is the perfect eliminator fight.
Fair point...it is the last 2 fights.

I watched that fight with Stipe and actually felt Stipe won. He controlled it IMO although I will admit I waited the entire fight for the 1 punch JDS that never came

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I think the way werdum looks lately he is definitely the top guy in that division, but I really don't like the division as a whole. They need a influx of talent at HW.

bighulksmash

bighulksmash

Legend
Awards

Lawler condit = exciting match !!

bighulksmash

bighulksmash

Legend
Awards

Lawler condit = exciting match !!

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
We were all wrong. AA/Mir. Apparently, Zuffa thinks it's 2005 again.

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
We were all wrong. AA/Mir. Apparently, Zuffa thinks it's 2005 again.
They pretty much already know the HW division is weak. I can see how there selling it, Mir in a comeback , AA in a bigger comeback, blah.

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Mir is still really good tho.
I love Mir, but most of this division is name only. Its good that anybody could come out and win a fight, but it's a weak division right now. Werdum looks great right now and is the total package as long as he doesn't get in the same headhunter mindset the rest of the heavy weights do. Problem is he isn't young. Ufc needs a serious influx of talent in this division, it's part of the reason I didn't want john jones to move up.

If belator wanted to compete this is the division they shouldn't looking at talent for, serious talent.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Mir is still really good tho.
No, he hasn't been really good in a long ass time. No really good fighter loses four straight fights. He will always have the same problems: bad cardio, poor recovery, and awful wrestling.

bighulksmash

bighulksmash

Legend
Awards
No, he hasn't been really good in a long ass time. No really good fighter loses four straight fights. He will always have the same problems: bad cardio, poor recovery, and awful wrestling.
Haha let me rephrase that ... IMO Mir is good. Yes hes out of shape but i favor him .

bighulksmash

bighulksmash

Legend
Awards
I love Mir, but most of this division is name only. Its good that anybody could come out and win a fight, but it's a weak division right now. Werdum looks great right now and is the total package as long as he doesn't get in the same headhunter mindset the rest of the heavy weights do. Problem is he isn't young. Ufc needs a serious influx of talent in this division, it's part of the reason I didn't want john jones to move up.

If belator wanted to compete this is the division they shouldn't looking at talent for, serious talent.
John jones no bueno

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
its being reported that AA will be fighting Mir in September. Dana has already gone on record saying JDS is not getting the shot (I believe I read that somewhere) so that leaves Stipe

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
its being reported that AA will be fighting Mir in September. Dana has already gone on record saying JDS is not getting the shot (I believe I read that somewhere) so that leaves Stipe
Which is odd considering JDS won against Stipe. Yes, it was close, but it's hard to ignore the fact that JDS has only lost to Cain in the UFC and has been #1-2 for a long time.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Aleksandar37 MMA 9
dynomite MMA 8
Hard Knox MMA 5
Dancebot 2000 MMA 1
TheMouth MMA 12