Jimothy's Back (and worse than ever)

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
No gym today. Got a deal closing tomorrow AM and just not got done with everything for that. Gonna try to get some sleep since I was also up late working last night, too.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
IMG_2084.JPG

Plus 30 minutes of incline walking at a bit of a faster pace. Hammie is improving, but still not 100%. Up late last night working (and up early to close the deal), and two deals closing tomorrow morning with one not yet finalized, so probably have to stay up a bit later and then get up early again. Bleh.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Had to have a chicken shake last night to get my last meal down before bed. Might’ve actually been even worse than I thought it would be.
AM is now completely lost. Am I the last hold out?
I have been boiling up about a dozen eggs 1 to 2x's per week to have snacks available lately though, does that count? 😅

PolishHamm3r77

PolishHamm3r77

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I have been boiling up about a dozen eggs 1 to 2x's per week to have snacks available lately though, does that count? 😅
I don’t even like cold chicken. Can’t imagine drinking it

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I have been boiling up about a dozen eggs 1 to 2x's per week to have snacks available lately though, does that count?
A lot of people eat boiled eggs.

Not a lot of people will drink blended chicken

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have been boiling up about a dozen eggs 1 to 2x's per week to have snacks available lately though, does that count?
It will (hopefully) never happen again. Just too close to my post-workout shake for me to reasonably eat half a pound of chicken, so I drank it.

Was legitimately vile.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I won’t eat eggs but I’ll drink egg whites from the carton. I obviously do that before I take the dog for a run through the streets of Philadelphia
Add some sugar-free Torani flavored coffee syrup and thank me later!

We would get those pints from Sam’s - pop the top, hit it with some flavor, good to go. Unfortunately uncooked egg whites are only like 60% bioavailable, so pretty wasteful.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Unfortunately uncooked egg whites are only like 60% bioavailable, so pretty wasteful.
that's the part I always wondered about. although I'll never forget a buddy of mine packing only cartons of raw eggs to another friends cabin. after a night of drinking, the next morning he was just pounding those. He was a regionals teams competitor, phenomenal athlete, so I just didn't question his methodology lol.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
It will (hopefully) never happen again. Just too close to my post-workout shake for me to reasonably eat half a pound of chicken, so I drank it.

Was legitimately vile.
Just curious of what you blended the chicken with? At first thought a chicken shake sounds nasty as fukk but I would think blending it with some chicken broth it wouldn’t be that bad.

PolishHamm3r77

PolishHamm3r77

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Add some sugar-free Torani flavored coffee syrup and thank me later!

We would get those pints from Sam’s - pop the top, hit it with some flavor, good to go. Unfortunately uncooked egg whites are only like 60% bioavailable, so pretty wasteful.
Damn I thought due to being pasteurized I was good to go. I’ll have to try the Torani.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just curious of what you blended the chicken with? At first thought a chicken shake sounds nasty as fukk but I would think blending it with some chicken broth it wouldn’t be that bad.
Sure it would be better with broth, but I don’t have any on hand, so plain water, seasoned chicken and some hot sauce and extra salt and pepper.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I’m sure that’s a little better than clear white because they are cloudy, and they’re safe to drink that way, but if they aren’t fully white they’re obviously not fully cooked.
Yeah, I’d imagine it’s higher than the 60%, but lower than the 99% that they are when fully cooked.

Realistically, doesn’t matter near as much as consistency. I drink my egg whites twice a day because it’s easier than cooking egg whites all the time and cleaning the pan, etc.

Usually mix with a scoop of protein each time and have one in the AM and one post-workout.

PolishHamm3r77

PolishHamm3r77

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Yeah, I’d imagine it’s higher than the 60%, but lower than the 99% that they are when fully cooked.

Realistically, doesn’t matter near as much as consistency. I drink my egg whites twice a day because it’s easier than cooking egg whites all the time and cleaning the pan, etc.

Usually mix with a scoop of protein each time and have one in the AM and one post-workout.
I agree! Quick, clean, and easy!!! Adding. 1/2 cup of oats isn’t bad either. Or a packet of the apple cinnamon Quaker to give it some flavor

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

Yes I agree. We still did it for quite a while until we realized we digested it really poorly…it was the endless farts/bloating that got us off it in the end.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yes I agree. We still did it for quite a while until we realized we digested it really poorly…it was the endless farts/bloating that got us off it in the end.
Honestly, the gas is the worst part. I’d like to find a way to consistently get them cooked (probably would still blend and drink), but that’s a problem for this weekend tbh.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
IMG_2089.JPG

Plus 25 minutes incline walking.

Sounds like the plan is to start T at 500/wk and Mast at 200/wk. Gotta order the Mast, but once that comes in, I will get started.

Also gonna order some Finasteride in case any negative sides from the Mast (will be my first run), but waiting to hear from Pat re: dosage of that (if needed) so that I know how much to have on hand.

Hoping to get a leg day in this week. Will see how the hammie feels on Thursday.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Also started microwaving the egg whites to cook through before blending. Definitely tastes worse (and is a bit of a weird texture), but it isn’t the worst thing I’ve ever had.

Seems like it’s helping the digestion, but we’ll see how that goes, as it’s only been a few days.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
View attachment 241963

Sounds like the plan is to start T at 500/wk and Mast at 200/wk. Gotta order the Mast, but once that comes in, I will get started.

Also gonna order some Finasteride in case any negative sides from the Mast (will be my first run), but waiting to hear from Pat re: dosage of that (if needed) so that I know how much to have on hand.

Hoping to get a leg day in this week. Will see how the hammie feels on Thursday.
Not sure what you’re thinking, but for your awareness Finasteride is a 5AR inhibitor - so it will inhibit 5alpha reductase from converting susceptible compounds like testosterone to DHT (DHT binding to the scalp can make some guys lose hair). Masteron (Drostanolone) is already a DHT derivative, so any effects it may have on your hairline will NOT be ameliorated by Finasteride in any way. Only the testosterone.

More test you take, the more relevant Finasteride can be if you find the test makes you shed. But if Mast is a problem for you, there’s nothing you can do besides dropping that. If you start them at the same time, you won’t know what the problem is.

Finasteride also can permanently cause post-Finasteride syndrome in the unlikely but significant few, which does not seem to be reversible. I would absolutely rather go bald than get stuck with a permanently broken pecker, and encourage you to read up on it before pulling that trigger.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Not sure what you’re thinking, but for your awareness Finasteride is a 5AR inhibitor - so it will inhibit 5alpha reductase from converting susceptible compounds like testosterone to DHT (DHT binding to the scalp can make some guys lose hair). Masteron (Drostanolone) is already a DHT derivative, so any effects it may have on your hairline will NOT be ameliorated by Finasteride in any way. Only the testosterone.

More test you take, the more relevant Finasteride can be if you find the test makes you shed. But if Mast is a problem for you, there’s nothing you can do besides dropping that. If you start them at the same time, you won’t know what the problem is.

Finasteride also can permanently cause post-Finasteride syndrome in the unlikely but significant few, which does not seem to be reversible. I would absolutely rather go bald than get stuck with a permanently broken pecker, and encourage you to read up on it before pulling that trigger.
Good to know. He’s the one that suggested either that or minoxidil. I’m not super familiar with any of it, but I think the idea was for potential hair loss.

Don’t think I have the propensity for it (no family history I’m aware of and was never an issue on T), but open to thoughts.

If there’s nothing to do about it besides drop Mast if it became an issue, then I’m happy to just save the money.

Think the idea of the low dose Mast is largely to avoid any E-related issues from the T. Suggested that and Nolva instead of a harsher anti-E like a-dex (though I have that on hand, too).

It’s also a pretty low dose for that reason, so we don’t expect any issues, but I’d definitely be interested in hearing whatever thoughts you have, as I know you’re pretty well read on this stuff.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I don't really understand the Finasteride vs Minoxidil but I've been running the normal 5% Minoxidil off amazon since epi started making me shed last year and it seems to be helping a lot. definitely no broken pecker.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Good to know. He’s the one that suggested either that or minoxidil. I’m not super familiar with any of it, but I think the idea was for potential hair loss.

Don’t think I have the propensity for it (no family history I’m aware of and was never an issue on T), but open to thoughts.

If there’s nothing to do about it besides drop Mast if it became an issue, then I’m happy to just save the money.

Think the idea of the low dose Mast is largely to avoid any E-related issues from the T. Suggested that and Nolva instead of a harsher anti-E like a-dex (though I have that on hand, too).

It’s also a pretty low dose for that reason, so we don’t expect any issues, but I’d definitely be interested in hearing whatever thoughts you have, as I know you’re pretty well read on this stuff.
Mast doesn’t seem to cause shedding issues for me. Or low dose Primo. Test doesn’t particularly either. I don’t run my test that high usually, but generally I experience a little bit of shedding when it’s higher. For me, high test would likely be worse than Masteron if anything.

I did notice shedding when taking Proviron, and the times I’ve used RAD140.

It can be compound-specific for most people.

I don't really understand the Finasteride vs Minoxidil but I've been running the normal 5% Minoxidil off amazon since epi started making me shed last year and it seems to be helping a lot. definitely no broken pecker.
Finasteride globally reduces test to DHT conversion. It affects the entire body. Monoxidil is a topical for your scalp and helps block DHT from parking there. So it can bind and work on your pecker, but less on your scalp - which is perfect for you.

They even make topical Finasteride solutions for the scalp, and that seems to have a much more local effect than the orally consumed medication, anecdotally.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Finasteride globally reduces test to DHT conversion. It affects the entire body. Monoxidil is a topical for your scalp and helps block DHT from parking there. So it can bind and work on your pecker, but less on your scalp - which is perfect for you.

They even make topical Finasteride solutions for the scalp, and that seems to have a much more local effect than the orally consumed medication, anecdotally.
I'm pushing it a little harder this time. I normally catch the shedding on the tail end of a run but I've increased my dosages substantially so I got a little more shedding this time I think, and I'm prolonging it an extra week so IIWII, but luckily the monoxidil seems to recover it pretty well, last time I was worried after about a month the girl who cuts my hair said it was looking great so....

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
IMG_2090.JPG

Decided to test out the hammie some today. Didn’t feel 100%, but also didn’t really hurt much. Just a little tight. Probably will train legs this week, but won’t push it very hard.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Sounds like I should just get some Minoxidil and have it on hand just in case.
the one I was using is magically no longer on amazon. It had a stronger "stream" shot out of the nozzel, so I could feel it hit my scalp.

this one I just got:

has very good reviews the the spray is more misty, so depending on how much hair you got up there, I feel it's hard for the mist to penetrate the hair and get to the scalp as well.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
the one I was using is magically no longer on amazon. It had a stronger "stream" shot out of the nozzel, so I could feel it hit my scalp.

this one I just got:

has very good reviews the the spray is more misty, so depending on how much hair you got up there, I feel it's hard for the mist to penetrate the hair and get to the scalp as well.
If you have so much hair that your minoxidil can't get to your scalp you don't need the minoxidil! ;)

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
If you have so much hair that your minoxidil can't get to your scalp you don't need the minoxidil! ;)
fair, but chicken and egg. I just took an overhead selfie of the part that was thinning and it looks thicker now than it did last summer so I think the minoxidil worked pretty well, and I'm finding more strands in my hands again as I reach the 6 week point in this run so I think it's just a preemptive approach more than anything....

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
fair, but chicken and egg. I just took an overhead selfie of the part that was thinning and it looks thicker now than it did last summer so I think the minoxidil worked pretty well, and I'm finding more strands in my hands again as I reach the 6 week point in this run so I think it's just a preemptive approach more than anything....
:) I was just pulling your lariat. I definitely think if you notice extra shedding while on that you should do what you can locally to prevent the loss. Just having some fun being a full head of hair hater... ;)