EMS devices alongside training?

reforged

Awards
Hey gents. Mods/admin. please forgive me if this is the wrong place for this, I wasn't really sure where it went. Anyway, I got a couple EMS devices for Xmas and I would like to utilize them for physique if possible. For starters, I don't really believe that these devices alone can really build muscle, or burn fat. What I'm not sure about is if using one with training could improve results? Most of the info I find online seems more directed at marketing rather than solid info. I've used it on my arms and I've used the abs one I got, and they definitely can add pump. Lol. Not full contracture tho is my understanding? My question is; what do you guys think, or know about using one pwo to initiate pump, and then working that muscle group in an effort to increase effectiveness? Any opinions, advice, or knowledge is greatly appreciated as like I mentioned, most of what I've found is people trying to sell their products rather than quality info. Thanks, and hope everyone had a great New Year!

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I think it depends on what kind of EMS device.

If you already have it I am sure you could play around with it to find some stuff that may be interesting, but I wouldn't expect anything too much extra from it.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Unless you haveva muscle wasting disease or your extreamly frail and bedridden its not going to do anything noticable other then make your muscles contract. I guess if you dont know how to use the mind muscle connection it might help you learn to Feel what a muscle feels like when it contracts properly. But im guessing on that part. Many Bodybuilders will do ANYTHING for a extra ounce of muscle so if these ems could add a extra 0.25lb or whatever you can bet every bodybuilder would be using them

Last edited:

reforged

Awards
Kinda what I was wondering. Thanks guys. Otherwise, the massage n acupuncture settings do seem to help with aches and pains, so does have some advantages I recon

reforged

Awards
Figured I'd throw out an update on my findings thus far with the EMS devices. I never did, and still don't believe they will do much, if anything, on their own. Example: sitting at a desk and using it . I have a couple different ones, one with a belt that has contact points on the abs and reaches around to the sides to hit obliques. The other just has some contact pads that you stick on the target areas and choose the function and time duration. I've found that the abs belt does seem to help if used intra workout. At least in the mirror I can see a difference. Diet and training have remained a constant, so I don't believe that's the main factor. As far as the other device, I've been using it on the massage, and acupuncture settings to try and aid in recovery. I can say that it has definitely helped with some pain I get in my left shoulder. (It is something I've delt with for years) I will continue to experiment and log my experiences with both devices to see if I continue to net positive results. As they were gifts, I'm not out anything if progress doesn't continue. Go science!! 😁

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Supplement Auction 10
Supplement Auction 15
3clipseGT Supplement Auction 24
Supplement Auction 9
Training Forum 1